Hey Anons, phonefag here with a new 1860 army from pietta. Did Luigi fucking jackhammer the wedge in or something??...

Hey Anons, phonefag here with a new 1860 army from pietta. Did Luigi fucking jackhammer the wedge in or something??? How the fuck do I remove the wedge without marring the steel? I was planning on using a thick piece of cloth and a screwdriver as a wedge pusher but I am worried I may fuck up the finish, any other makeshift solutions? Also general black powder discussion. (Pic not mine, just an example)

Attached: pietta-old-army.jpg (2649x1706, 621K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiXtdHJgvTjAhWuFTQIHfzsCZcQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZyTEVjeiE&usg=AOvVaw1JwVEsGCgeup1MNW6GCnP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unironically buying anything blackpower after the year 1992 just shows are clueless you are. It doesn't matter if the wedge is horribly fitted, or ineffectual because you were already robbed by the time you submitted your shipping information and confirmed. Enjoy paying babyboomers 300 something dollar for a gun manufactured by middle eastern immigrants in a sweatshop for less than 50$ a pop.

Attached: 34e9b98985e9931eab39e16e4428ace1.jpg (680x339, 35K)

>How the fuck do I remove the wedge without marring the steel?
With a brass hammer.

Make sure you're tapping it in the correct direction too.

Bang the fucker out with the covered edge of your workbench.
Who pissed in your fuckin cereal this morning?

Well what would you say was better than this for 300 bucks? It's well fucking made but I'm just a retard that doesn't want to ruin it.

be careful, you can really ef things up if you get twitchy with it.
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiXtdHJgvTjAhWuFTQIHfzsCZcQwqsBMAB6BAgJEAQ&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDZyTEVjeiE&usg=AOvVaw1JwVEsGCgeup1MNW6GCnP4
youtube is your friend, ok ?

Don't I need like a Brass punch as well? And would covering a steel hammer in leather work?

all wop BP pistols are very hit&miss in their quality.
its made purchasing a BP revolver a very chancy thing.

I seemed to luck out on this one everything is very well made. Only problem is the wedge is tighter than a nuns asshole.

Plastic or rubber mallet op, that easy. Make sure the spring is pressed down as you lightly tap it. Leather wrapped steel hammer may still mar it depending on the thickness of the leather.

Don't go too crazy sanding or filing it, you still want to retain the tight fit-- however, on that same token, gently polishing burrs along the edges may make it easier to remove next time

Attached: 1564707320693.jpg (728x971, 82K)

wtf is this photo. why is it reposted everywhere

lucky you i have been looking for years now for one that doesn't require hours of work to unfux it.
it is very discouraging to say the least.

Self destruction.
Self awareness.

You're looking at this from a completely wrong perspective. It's not the fact we want better or more from a different manufacturer, we just want halfway decent quality from Pietta/Uberti for the price we are already paying. They overcharge, and under deliver. We pay 375$ and what do these old kikes do? They churn out the same old machined tool market burr filled chunk of crayon soft mystery steel. The screws are HORRIBLE, I've seen fucking arirsoft guns with higher quality parts, and I'm being serious.

Attached: 1497133267603.jpg (750x546, 32K)

are you capable of communicating without memes?

Life imitating art

Attached: E28B7ACC-AB60-45C9-A5D1-175DEED1A0A4.jpg (556x702, 75K)

that's why I bought a second Gen Colt 1851, cry moar

Attached: Cowboy Style.jpg (4032x3024, 2.37M)

What is that SAA?

>How the fuck do I remove the wedge without marring the steel?
scrap of leather, brass punch and a mallet.

don't use a screwdriver.

ha, that one is made by Luigi. It's a Taylor "Cattleman" which is an Italian made SAA imported by Taylor where they may or may not do the finishing work (can't find a straight answer, I'm leaning towards 'no')
Anyway, in my limited experience they're a bit more consistent than the Pietta and Umberti branded SAAs. Mine is great

bump

U are like litle bb

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-195345_Gallery.jpg (720x1280, 539K)

u big fag

Place the pistol on a sandbag or.folded up towel on top of a hard surface. Place a wooden block on the wedge, then beat the fuck out of the block until the wedge pops out. To put it back in, tap the block gently until the wedge is seated.

Why not get a pedersoli then? Or buy from a kit and make it to your own sensibilities.

There is usually a screw holding in wedge. I reccomened removing it. Then plastic/rubber mallet to remove wedge.

Buy a small rubber mallet and save yourself a lot of shit.

Attached: WP_20180604_005.jpg (3072x1728, 2.23M)

Brass punch with the lightest hammer you have. Just tap it. The hammer wont hurt the punch and the punch wont harm the wedge.
You know there is a flat spring on the wedge that has to be pushed down, right?

Brass hammer wont damage the steel. Its an excellent investment, and every fucking day I regret losing mine. If you are only using steel or youre still worried that brass will mess up the finish then polish the hammer's face.

How would I push down the spring? It doesn't budge at all for some reason.

looks like grad school