Is bear mace legal in the US as a home defense item?

Is bear mace legal in the US as a home defense item?

Obviously not in NY or CA but what about rational states?

Attached: FBAD-06-LS.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWj4xuacbyY
youtu.be/9NhS_xCvRS8?t=40
youtu.be/gJEnJnW68Mo?t=74
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you live in tue US why would you mot just but a gun? Are you a felon?

name a state in the US that doesn't have castle doctrine? if the answer is none, then just get a gun

I own guns, but my mother still lives on her own and is worries about the niggers and spics in the apt complexes a few blocks away and there have been breakins in her neighborhood

She is in her 60s and I don't know if I would trust in her ability to accurately shoot even a small .38 or something at a home intruder but she can lift a can of bear mace and blast someones face then barricade herself in a room until I or my brother gets there etc

I mean I already gave her a can just wondering if it came to it, if that is too much mace or if the offending nigger could sue if she blasted them with it

Bear mace in a closed area IE a house will fuck up the intruder and the user just get a small revolver

>bear mace
>Indoors

Hope you like not breathing. Did this to a spider once, all the way in the garage. Door was closed and everything, but even with the windows open and the garage door open, it was impossible to breath in the house for a whole hour, with hours more of irritation. This will kill her, use something else.

>its for bears so that must mean its very powerful

eyes are eyes. just give her a basic bitch keychain pepper spray can

Bear mace actually comes out in a big ass cloud so for literal spray and pray it is much better than normal go for the eyes mace

Unironically an ar pistol with a brace is the best home defense weapon. 223 in a 30 round magazine will die in drywall and can be fired by old people and children alike

If you're that desperate for home defense get wasp spray.
>Shoots 30 feet straight up
>Burns the fuck out of eyes
>Poison damage
Otherwise get a water gun, fill with spiciest hot sauce you can get.

Stupidest most go to prison idea I have ever seen in a fucking Jow Forums thread. Holy FUCK am I glad summer is almost over.

"It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

Literally on the bottle of my bear mace you dumbass

>all the dangerous pesticides have been banned by the EPA already
Wasp spray is safely detoxified by large animals. Quit your bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWj4xuacbyY

Use wasp spray.

Attached: cd3ca06d-40e2-446f-9dc3-4cbb4f9b1f2f_1.44fa6936d719cc31c0cb7a154aac6e67.jpg (3000x3000, 593K)

Man get a load of the (((nose))) on that.

>She is in her 60s and I don't know if I would trust in her ability to accurately shoot even a small .38
Nogs will handle the pepper spray better than she will

>hose intruder with wasp spray
>intruder flinches expecting pain but feels nothing
>"smells like hot dog-"
>thousands of defense wasps swarm invader

Attached: 1537511190717.jpg (1200x600, 118K)

Hmm, I use to keep bees. I wonder if I could hose a intruder with bee pheromones and have them get swarmed.

Brake cleaner? Does wonders on wasp nests.

Attached: 11882665_crc_05089ps_pri_larg.jpg (450x450, 21K)

>Otherwise get a water gun, fill with spiciest hot sauce you can get.
How old are you? I've been OC sprayed, and I can tell you whatever stupid shit you try to come up with will have no effect on a person

Just get a rough rider 22
Should be fine

Bear spray is weaker than regular pepper spray
Get this instead:
youtu.be/9NhS_xCvRS8?t=40

is speaking facts
>it can be effective on bears therefore its effective even more on people!
Just get extremely potent pepper spray for like 20 bucks and call it a day

Bear mace is weaker than actual self defense purposed OC pepper spray. Just get fucking pepper spray. It's legal nationwide, even in New York and Commiefornia.

The wasp spray meme really needs to die. It doesn't even work. You might as well just spray them in the face with a supersoaker full of plain water.

yea i dunno why people think bear mace is stronger than normal pepperspray, is it because it sounds menacing? Bwar mace has maybe 1-3% oc while normal pepperspray has 10-11%, since bear noses/eyes are more sensitive as opposed to humans. Jesus whats wrong with ny and commiefornia? even here in germany you can buy pepperspray online or in store if youre atleast 18

There are Sabre Red or Fox Labs sprays in big cans like that, designed to stop human attacker, I would stay with those

Attached: pssss.jpg (1071x1067, 232K)

bear mace is just watered down mace

That’s stupid thinking. If you want her to be well defended, get her a pistol that isn’t too hard on her wrists and that can manipulate easily (if she has arthritis). An M&P Shield EZ .380, Walther PK380, or even one of those old surplus S&W Model 10s would be suitable.

Bear spray and all the other wildlife sprays are meant to be used outdoors and are weaker than actual pepper spray.

its good defense against bears

The only can of bear mace i've seen has warnings all over the label that it's illegal to use on people

You want your grandma to spray spicy air in a confined space? Why? So she can blind herself before she gets raped?

Different guy here: what about the part where she can't aim?

You sound even more fucking stupid than she is. Good, neither of you deserve firearms. Stick with your Walmart can of animal repellent and good luck out there!

>spray a can of tear gas and OC all over your area of living
Haven't you ever heard the term "don't shit where you eat"? Just use a gun, even if it's a .22 or .380.

Not in Michigan. If its OC content is too high its a felony to use it against people (if you're not law enforcement).

This x100 from a guy who's been bear sprayed.

If you get sprayed you got a good 7 secs before you register the pain minus being half blinded

Isn't bear mace weaker than defensive mace because bears and dogs are already super sensitive smell wise?

how about a katana?

Do you always have war crime level thoughts like this?

New Jersey has no codified castle doctrine. Current case law suggests that you don't have a duty to retreat within your home but if the DA is angry that day it's still a crapshoot.

>mom can't handle guns, too old and frail
>but she can handle bear mace in an enclosed space

Why do you hate your mom, OP? A well behaved large dog is better than any sort of pepper spray. And a gun is better than anything. If your mom just shoots a few holes in a wall, and has a chance of intruders running away, that's a better chance at not being enriched after using (the less potent, by the way) bear mace. Bear mace is shit. Bears have super sensitive noses, so the OC content is much lower than human OC sprays. However your mom is apparently too weak to shoot a small caliber pistol. So who's to say bear mace won't totally incapaccitate her while Jamal and Pedro are still ready to steal/kill/rape?

All these stupid fucks spreading the meme that bear spray is 2% MC and human pepper spray is 10% OC so bear spray is weaksauce.

Human pepper spray ranges from 0.17% to 1.33% MC, so 1/10 to 1/2 the heat of bear spray. See pic pulled off the Sabre Red Pepper Spray website.

Attached: 16a38ea2-21f0-4c47-b095-af40f53f4390.jpg (970x300, 40K)

TOTAL legal

I'm a park ranger, trust me

Doesn't everybody?
Oh no; am I weird? Should I cancel development of the Ameisenwerfer?

This is the only home defense weapon your mom will ever need
>xm42 dot com

Based and Forest Cop pilled

Buy her an ar. The recoil is very manageable, especially in a pistol caliber. If you go with rifle caliber, be sure to get frangible ammo to prevent over penetration.

Delet

The correct answer. A rifle lengthed barrel shooting pistol calibers or weak rifle cartridges is the answer.

Read the fucking can /b/tard!

Legal yes, smart no.

Bear mace is actually less powerful than regular pepper spray, there's just a shitload more of it. The irritation is supposed to be enough that the bear will fuck off, but not enough to make it pissed off enough to kill your ass. The only thing you're going to do if you spray it in your house is to make your intruders even angrier and fuck yourself over just as much if not more than them.

This.

bear mace is weaker than human mace.
They have far more acute senses so you don't need it as concentrated.
You're paying for the range and volume.

Get her a 9mm carbine

I just looked into it again, and it turns out I was wrong here .
Bear spray is stronger by quite a lot. actually got it right and that's backed up here: youtu.be/gJEnJnW68Mo?t=74
Storytime:
I haven't actually been hit directly with pepper spray, but I did test spray Sabre Red in my shower. Big mistake. I didn't realize you can't simply wash that shit down the drain without getting it airborne. I couldn't be in the bathroom to scrub it off for more than 20 seconds at a time because its fumes were so potent. This is coming from a half second burst of the personal-sized self defense spray, after it's been watered down. I had another can leak into a holster once and spent about a half hour scrubbing the damn thing. I never got it all cleaned because even touching the holster and then my face was still enough to burn my lips and irritate my eye DAYS later; I threw that holster out btw. So how hot is full strength, undiluted pepper spray? I don't know and I'm not going to volunteer to find out. All I can say is the human pepper spray is hot enough to send the message "get the fuck away from me." If you're thinking this isn't enough and you would rather unleash a 25ft cloud of nearly twice as potent bear spray in your home, it's time to seriously consider a gun instead. The strength of this stuff is simply unfathomable if you haven't had the experience to put it into perspective.

Attached: 1551762488618.jpg (563x651, 226K)

spray your own vagina and when the rapist goes for you he gets a mouthful

>223 in a 30 round magazine will die in drywall
You're an idiot.

Attached: 1511591311514.png (394x379, 19K)