My local gun shop keeps trying to sell me these; why are they so expensive?

Attached: .jpg (2718x2239, 473K)

Buy microtech if you want an otf. Do not buy benchmade because they are cucks also owned by Joos and so is spyderco

I don't know if I can justify a $250+ knife that does the exact same as my $30 S&W.

Bought one a while back because why not.

Its become my favorite carry knife because of the convenience of the one-handed use, and blade quality.

Not worth the asking price though. Tbh I think they're expensive because they're very niche items that pretty much only gun stores typically sell.

Attached: 20160517_120301.jpg (5312x2988, 2.93M)

>bitchmade
are you a commie?

No, I'm just retarded.

>why are they so expensive?

So you can flex on poors on instagram.

Unless you have a room temp iq and are easily entertained and mystified, expensive otf knives are a rip off.

Blades are a lot less stable since they only have between a half and once inch of tang keeping them steady, a dangling tissue is enough to retard the ejection of the blade so it slides loosely until you manually grab the blade and push it back into the front or back lock, fairly easy to actuate the button/slide when pulling out from a pocket but the density of the pocket fabric stops the blade so you always pull out what looks like a broken otf

get a $20 rainbow blade trueswords otf knife for the five minutes of clicking you'll do and a regular folding knife for real life

Single hand use is more important than bank vault lockup.

There can't be some give and take, even cheap ass liner locks give no blade play.

>why are they so expensive
Because Tony Marfione is a fucking kike who places 10x price tags.

You probably look dumb enough to believe those felonious spring toys would be a worth while purchase.

If I would be a commie, I would buy something related to the movement's history and not one of those boring Bitchmades.

Any one willing to expand on the distaste for Bench made?

I can't say I've ever heard people talk badly about them, but I know there is some grumbling in the last few years.

I own 1 or 2 and don't have many complaints. So is there something I should be aware of?

Recently they helped a police department break down a bunch of guns so that pissed a lot of people off.
Other than that they've gotten mroe expensive over time and like many other brands they've kind of priced themselves out of the market for a lot of people, spyderco is doing the same shit now. Also they have always had qc issues with basic shit like centering on $150+ knives.

Folders are gay. If you want a tactical knife for self defence you want a fixed blade. There are many options available, like the benchmade SOCP, Bastinelli Picoeur, Toor Jank shank, etc. etc.

Attached: Toor Jank shank.jpg (320x480, 29K)

What about spring action? Is having a button that could fail not a good idea?

>Folders are gay
No U
>If you want a tactical knife for self defence
A tactical knife is a sort of a survival knife used for hard duty tasks, such as Recon Tanto or soviet UVSR machete.
A knife designed to kill people (such as F-S or rondel dagger) is a fighting knife.
>benchmade SOCP, Bastinelli Picoeur, Toor Jank shank,
Show me a person who buys this shit and I'll show you a mall ninja, who buys novelty knives because of a market legend. They're good neither for fighting, nor for any real knife tasks.
>What about spring action?
Not failsafe.
Best modern folding knves have strong locks (tri-ad lock, frame lock) and capable of one hand opening (for example, CS Espada can be opened by hooking it by the corner of your pocket).

>fairly easy to actuate the button/slide when pulling out from a pocket but the density of the pocket fabric stops the blade so you always pull out what looks like a broken otf
Please work with the tool you're criticizing before you--
>get a $20 rainbow blade trueswords otf knife for the five minutes of clicking you'll do
Oh. It's retarded.

That is not an example of a blade that is capable of one handed opening. Using an object other than your hand as a second hand isn't one handed. Using your one hand alone to open it is one handed.

>folders rule for self defense
Just get the fuck out, dude, your bullshit is self-refuting in this environment.

Attached: 1555435242924.gif (320x320, 3.13M)

>That is not an example of a blade that is capable of one handed opening
It is. You can open Espada
-with a pocket hook
-by using that hook as a thumbstud
-with the blade inertion (Just give it a good swing and it snaps open).
>Using an object other than your hand as a second hand isn't one handed.
It is.
>Folders rule for self-defence
You're just strawmaning.
BTW there is no such thing as self-defence with a knife, according to the law of several states and countries. Unless you're protecting your home.

then gtfo

Attached: 1555955610926.jpg (525x469, 65K)

they are a cool novelty but way too nice and expensive to want to carry around and use.

Attached: knife.jpg (2592x1944, 765K)