How would you tell the difference between an active shooter about to kill everyone and an open carry activist?

How would you tell the difference between an active shooter about to kill everyone and an open carry activist?

Let's say this dude walks into walmart, talking to his gopro. What would you think/do

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

>What would you think/do
Thank the gods that it's not Nutnfancy coming over to gear check me.

keep an eye on him, be ready to draw, don't do anything unless he fires a shot

If no camera: MAYBE ask if he'd be okay slinging the rifle
If handheld camera: Ignore the attention whore
If mounted camera: Thank Saint Tarrant I'm not Mexican

>be normie who is not entirely familiar with guns/gun culture
>go to the store for bread and eggs
>remember watching news for a week about 2 horrific mass shootings in rapid succession
>thesetomatoesseemripe.flc
>look over
>guy in full battle rattle with autism patches is checking out the cabbage with his rifle at the low ready position
>naturally freak the fuck out because not a complete sperg with no understanding of social cues
>leave the store inmediately, expecting to hear gunshots and screams any second
>watch the cops carry retard out of store with his tactical hands cuffed behind his tactical back
>AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED? (Ad infinitum)
>get called a pussy by a 15 year old on Jow Forums with a Mosin-Nagant he paid $250 at Cabellas

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (182x276, 4K)

righto

Good question, both are mentally ill

>tail the guy then step into an empty aisle right behind the one he's in
>surreptitiously unholster my CC, fire a few rounds into the floor, then reholster
>OC autist thinks there's an active shooter, shoulders his rifle and starts sweeping the store searching for him
>everyone else assumes he's the shooter and starts fleeing the store
>i join them then wait outside and watch as the OC autist gets cornered and killed by SWAT

Is he shooting people? If no, then let him go about his day. If yes, then shoot him.

>If mounted camera: Thank Saint Tarrant I'm not Mexican
kek. If I see a helmet and a gopro then I'm going to go about my business. I saw nothing.

>based

Who are you quoting?

based

Open carry is a fucking joke. These fucking idiots come out and make the rest of us look as retarded as them by making a spectacle of themselves and then we all become a laughing stock

I can sort of understand OCing a handgun, as a sort of "do not fuck with me" message, but walking around with a tacticool rifle is fucking dumb

I don't have a problem with rifles as long as its slung, low carry just has that element of having your hand on the weapon that really creeps people out.

It didn't even work. It ended with the guy being held at gunpoint by someone with a handgun. How does that even happen to someone carrying a rifle?

fuck this thread is awesome

>$250

Fuck me, and my local cabelas has them for $400

bc one was a warrior and the other was a coward

1911 famas

rifle on his back okey dokey
rifle aimed or at low ready, find cover.

A Continuation of last night's thread.

You Autists need chamber flags.

Attached: 2016-05-13-17.17.06-390x390.jpg (390x390, 20K)

>working a big box store sporting goods department, several years ago
>a wild friendly customer aproaches
>he is OCing
>asks for some ammo
>make some small chat as I fetch the ammo and make the transaction
>OC customer then walks around the corner, now out of sight
>a couple appraches me seconds later to point out he was OCing

I know he was.
>Isnt that illegal?
Is is perfectly legal to do with a CC permit in this state.
>But isnt it scary to know he has a gun?
Why would it be? I can clearly see where it is, what it is, and obviously where his hands are. However, I dont know what you are carrying, if at all, and therefore I do not know the extent of damage you can cause. Im more afraid of the two of you than him.

>hamster wheel in the noggin spins for a solid 10 seconds for both of them
>the couple walk away

Honeslty, I just watch the hands and hips. Damn near every motion anyone makes is telegraphed through the hands and hips.

>implying someone who would call the cops because they saw a guy OCing a rifle would know what that is
>implying a cop would notice what that is before drawing down on you and possibly shooting you depending on how dumb he is

OCing a rifle is completely pointless, it brings more trouble than it prevents.

You can't.

Within the spectrum of things gun owners can do to influence opinion, OC LARPers have done more damage than pretty much anything else.

If it's an open carry guy, it will be obvious. Mass shooters usually conceal their weapons and ambush a certain area. Also, they'll have a lot more ammo and gear on them than an open carry guy.

OC activists are actually accelerationists. They're trying to get OC banned. That's also the answer to OPs question, you really can't tell the difference until you can hear and feel it.

OC will be gone soon. Oh well really.

So wait until he kills your mom, then shoot.
Thanks for the tip.

Cannot argue +1

>42283059
Another, wait until he kills people.
But, but what if you are victim number 1?

Dubs of truth

rounds flying.

>living all these fantasies in your head
>not a complete sperg
>while leaving, get shot with Mosin Nagant by dudes accomplice
>spill eggs & bread
>last thoughts are of wondering whether Tyrone will take care of wife or just leave

Oc is free speech.

I unholster and tell him either he puts that shit back in his vehicle or I put him in the back of a hearse. If he makes even the slightest movement suggesting he's reaching for a weapon, I put two in his chest and then one more in his dome for good measure while he's down. If he's wearing plates, I put rounds in his pelvis and make him regret the fuck out of trying to intimidate people with his little PSA special.

>Pulls gun on him. Gets arrested for brandishing. Hahahaha

You don't, so pay attention to them while making some distance in case shit pops off.

If you got the rifle slinged on your back i don't give a fuck, if you're doing a PMC or LARPER shit with a front sling, ready to go at a moments notice, then your a retard and should get shot. Its all about how you present yourself

>Let's say this dude walks into walmart, talking to his gopro. What would you think/do

Say 'Good day to you fine fellow' and if he finger triggers or move the muzzle at mean fast draw a 44 mag and blow him away. I actually had to do exactly this for nearly a year a long time ago in a galaxy far away . but with a semi auto shotgun not a 44mag

>freak out
>not a sperg
Pick one

One is probably shooting and the other is just well dressed.

OCing something like a 9mm on a normal pistol holster and not making an ass of yourself is perfectly fine....

But walking around with a rifle in low ready and wearing a fucking chest rig in your day to day is fucking try hard as fuck.

>shoot people who haven’t done anything illegal

>>AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED? (Ad infinitum)
lost

I think he's saying only a sperg would do what this kid did, because it's so obviously retarded in our social context

edgy

>What would you think/do

Shoot him before he shoots me, the Kube has blessed me with a chance to kill some retard carrying a rifle at low ready.

pic related is mfw, also not pictured is my giant erection

Attached: 1531645661731.jpg (536x619, 407K)

Freaking out because someone is open carrying is a spergy thing to do.

>open carry activist?
Hmm I think they both deserve the same fate desu

Attached: 1565039306597.png (437x295, 231K)

Does he have ear pro on?

Bonus points for shooting him yourself and being heralded as a hero

I laughed.

Spoken like a true sperg...

Because I can control my emotions?

I'd say hello and talk to him.

Because you don't understand why people would be freaked out by someone open carrying an AR in a walmart a week after someone did a mass shooting in a walmart.

I understand WHY they freak out. It’s because they’re emotional spergs.

No, user. You only think that because YOU are the sperg.

What's the big deal? I feel safer next to a stranger with a gun than a cop, at least the stranger doesn't get paid leave if he shoots me.

What if he tells you to subscribe to PewDiePie?

I understand open carrying a rifle, unless you can find a way to conceal carry it, and shoving it up your asshole doesn't count, so I'll assume you're out of ideas.

Conceal carrying a handgun, on the other hand, is very doable, and you shouldn't carry a gun to show how much of a tough men you are, so no, no good arguments for open carrying a pistol, enough arguments for open carrying a rifle.

simple as that, also, nice digits.

>standing in line at the gas station with an armful of boomer juice
>Tyrone walks in to case the joint and notices you OCing
>get shot in the back of the head cause Tyrone didn't bust through the front door screaming like in the movies
>your waifu pillow gets thrown out by your mom and your room is now used for crafts

an active shooter would be actively shooting

Attached: IMG_0909_JPG-271916.jpg (1200x900, 165K)

So I’m a sperg for keeping calm in the face of potential danger, but the person who loses their shit at the sheer sight of a gun is not a sperg?
Okay

>If mounted camera: Thank Saint Tarrant I'm not Mexican

But what if the shooter is non-white?

Look man, answer the question seriously or don't bother responding

Only exercise the rights you want to keep

Can't be lackin in front of nutn

What was not serious about his answer?

>How would you tell the difference between an active shooter about to kill everyone and an open carry activist?
>active shooter
>active
one is shooting
one is not

The dayton shooter killed 9 and injured another 20 something in 30 seconds. He was immediately engaged by police.

The only difference between an open carrier like this and an active shooter who kills a dozen people, to a rational person with emotional self control, is 30 seconds

Attached: russian.png (263x249, 199K)

If your consealed carry Put a few people between you and the guy with the gun. If your open Carrying let him see that your packing heat. Make eye contact with him and nod. Asif to say USA. And note response.

30 seconds is a long time in a shooting situation.

>I don't take an Abrams to Texaco, ergo I enjoy watching my wife fuck other men
we're reaching levels of projection that shouldn't even be possible
>I don't care how many people at Dave and Busters who have never seen a gun irl are scared shitless by muh salt rifle, I feel cool and they're all dumb
>why yes, I feel perfectly well adjusted, why?

>If your open Carrying let him see that your packing heat. Make eye contact with him and nod.

Attached: 1539153895210.png (886x886, 41K)

They’re dumb for being overemotional and freaking out.
>implying I would ever open carry a rifle

>your emotions are dumb, there are 2,314 bumps on a basketball, the total length of the Nile river spans from the earth to the moon twice, I'm an excellent driver, of
course I can only drive to the end of the driveway, only on sundays
Top bazinga lad

Attached: rain Man - 5.jpg (1600x871, 114K)

What would the proper procedure be after a would-be shooter was dealt with and you’re left with the smoking gun? I always imagined setting your gun down on the floor or a highly visible shelf/table and stepping back with hands up but that just sounds so excessive, although in that situation excessive and plain surrender might be exactly what’s needed

30 seconds is not a long time. I don't know what else to tell you. Clearly you don't want to understand.

You have to trust the state of mind of a perfect stranger that you and several other people wont be dead in 30 seconds. And don't tell me about your CCW because unless you pull it out before he starts shooting, he will have the upper hand and you will most likely still die.

It's much more sensible, to people who aren't overly emotional about their firearms and their insistence on imposing themselves on others, to follow simple social norms that keep your rights off the minds of these people who you label emotional.

If there are cops there, get the gun out of your hands as fast as possible. If they show up to a shooting they are going to drop anyone with a gun. If there aren't cops there yet, re-holster. You will have to surrender to the cops when they do show, but you shouldn't let the gun out of your possession before they arrive. That's my opinion at least.

unironically this, I'm manygunz and would still react intensely to a situation like that

Haven't you heard, user? Only white people commit mass shootings.

>at store
>hear shots
>you draw your weapon
>hear more shots
>people dying
>navigating the store you see someone else with a gun
what do? whats stopping someone else with a gun from mistaking you as the shooter?

probably just think that its some vlogger making videos for their youtube.. or someone just making personal video or whatever idk who cares.

Don't draw or at least don't make the gun obvious unless you are looking at the shooter I guess. You probably shouldn't go hunting for the bad guy as you are likely to run into cops or another non-shooter with a gun. While it's noble to try and save other people, if you aren't already in the immediate area anyone who sees you is going to assume you are hostile if you're holding a gun. Whether they have a gun or not, this could make a bad situation much worse.

The chances of running into a spree shooter are as low as being hit by a lightning or winning a lottery.

These dicks who walk around open carrying their long guns are going to ruin it for everybody else. Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you have to do it. If you want to open carry then throw on a holster and carry a fucking pistol you autistic cunts.

I'd fail.

Based and schizopilled

I thought the only point of OCing a rifle was to protest. Are there really guys who OC a rifle daily?

This.
If I see a minority with a gun opening fire on a crowd it's clear that I am seeing things.

Don your CCW badge and sash. Announce your presence as a defender of the weak and helpless.

1) you should already be dressed like a responsible-looking individual
2) keep asking if everyone is okay, if anyone is hurt, etc, make sure you're yelling because it will be loud and frantic, let everyone know you're trying to help people, you see someone struggling to walk help them up, etc
3) if you got the drop on someone don't make yourself known until you have to, make sure dude with the gun isn't the guy who just stopped the shooter, and/or someone sees you sees him and you end up in a congo line out the door and around the corner

having some military experience my first instinct would be to close with and engage the threat, but this is frowned upon in normie society so i'd probably camp and hide from the stampede until i can sneak away or get the drop on him if i get eyes on

It said how many people here hate freedom

*sad

Easy. If he's white, get out of dodge. If he's black, take cover. If he wears a badge, play Twister.

This

so is dancing around time square in a leopard print banana hammock with mardi graz shit all over yourself screaming about gay rights

literally the same thing and nobody on any side of any of the argument respects you for it

join in on the fun

correct answer

Attached: sss.jpg (300x168, 8K)

shhhh, we need people to be scared so we can pass gun control

>any side of any of the argument respects you for it
That a joke? You'd get all kinds of articles talking about how BRAVE and STRONG you are for doing that.