Why haven't weaponized potato cannons become widespread Jow Forums? Consider the following:

Why haven't weaponized potato cannons become widespread Jow Forums? Consider the following:
>$30 each
>unregulated
>disposable, easily melted down
>lobs molotovs 100 feet probably
>two taped together are a bit larger than an Uzi
>barrels could be cut down for easier concealment
>hairspray injection could probably be sped up somehow
>load blades to make a ghetto speargun

Attached: City_Slicker_Cannon_.jpg (500x276, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6MlYmXvZfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because criminals can buy guns and bullets for dirt cheap, and they're far more effective.

>big bore and uses combustion to propel projectiles that hurt people
>unregulated

>>lobs molotovs 100 feet probably
I wouldn't want to be the guy that tries this out.

What about reasonable citizens who need defense? Even criminals are rarely armed in many places.
Considering you can get it shipped to your door with Amazon no questions asked, I'd say so. With the right ammo it's got the power of a double barrel muzzleloader, just with way more finicky loading.
The barrel seems to be friction fit for overpressure safety, so it might have to be a pretty light molotov. Shouldn't blow up in your face though. They make a giant one that could probably lob at least a 1L bottle. Pic related, it's 5 feet long.

Attached: Bully_.jpg (500x276, 10K)

>With the right ammo it's got the power of a double barrel muzzleloader, just with

No. Sadly you must forget everything you think you know and begin again. A double barrel muzzleloader is identical in 'power' to a modern side by side shotgun. Literally no difference

Fuck you man, now someone is going to do this. If fifteen year old kids aren't allowed to make potato cannons in the future I'm blaming you. That isn't a world I want to live in.

How effective would these be as a hillbilly katyusha battery? Like 8 of them duct tape together with connected fuses to fire as one? Put a bunch of gravel and magnesium on top of a potato as wadding.

They look pretty damn easy to slap together with PVC, haven't seen a PVC one that wasn't air powered though. Banning it would make politicians look comically bad though, so it'd work in our favor.
Not at all, incredibly inaccurate, and since you add hairspray by hand you'd have huge velocity variation. You also hit the piezo lighter by hand so it's one at a time. But since they a) have a rainbow trajectory and b) shoot molotovs they'd be pretty tricky to take out in combat and effective against armor.

Make your own out of metal and yes

We made one last year innawoods out of 4" steel pipe, and an empty propane tank. Acetylene & O2 propellant. Dry firing sounded like a 12 gauge. Launched a cantaloupe 400ish yards, but it got stolen unfortunately

Wonder how far it could launch a mortar

>Molotovs
>not a SIP grenade

You guys are being outdone by the fucking Home Guard.

Idk about a mortar, but it fucking launched a 10'ish 2x4 about 160ish yards using wet towels as wadding lmao

Attached: weaponized gravel.png (657x769, 75K)

>store in water or they might explode
Fuck off CIA not even terrorists are that dumb

Pussy.

>SIP grenade isn't just a clever name for a molotov based on the fact that it's a bottle
wat

youtube.com/watch?v=W6MlYmXvZfs

Homeguard, how do these projectors work?

I'd be careful of launching heavy projectiles out of it due to the increased pressure. Just be sure to clear the backlash area at least

Pnuematic mortars have been a thing since the first world war. Phased out by stable mass produced chemistry.
Fuel air hybrid cannons were developed by the navy thinking a magazine filled with pressure tanks safer than powder kegs. It worked but phased out by chemistry again.
Sandfighters have been chucking pipebombs with them for years now.
Some bubba's down south stepped it up with the "hillbilly howitzer" a measured fuel air hybrid using burst disks and throws 4 inch tungsten sabots through way more inches of steel than can be realistically put on wheels.
Pumpkin chuckers dont worry about weight just over build.The humble spudgun family is very Jow Forums.

> i want to complicate setting myself on fire