Stockfag here, I really enjoy buying stocks that pay dividends, and using those dividends to buy more stocks

Stockfag here, I really enjoy buying stocks that pay dividends, and using those dividends to buy more stocks.

How do you justify spending so much on fun toys that don't pay you in any real way? I get the impulse to have something to defend yourself with, but it seems like you could be buying stocks, bonds, and even land with the amount some of you dump into firearms.

Also, best bang for your buck weapon incase home invasion or small scale riot? Keeping ammunition costs in mind, of course.

Attached: ImagineTheDividends.jpg (1076x952, 499K)

>carpeted floors
disgusting

Go fuck yourself dude carpet is awesome.
>t. tile floor owner

>How do you justify spending so much on fun toys that don't pay you in any real way? I get the impulse to have something to defend yourself with, but it seems like you could be buying stocks, bonds, and even land with the amount some of you dump into firearms.
kill yourself boomer
all that fucking money you poured into the DOW and on stupid African church shit won't save you when niggers are beating you senseless in a nursing home

if you buy your guns right they grow in value too. You're just new and don't know the market.
Even though it doesn't return as much, you get a physical tangible thing you can appreciate, instead of invisible points in the cyberverse.
It's always good to diversify.

>that house has funny elbows

wood is best
marble is nice too

you really enjoy stonks and dividends, we really enjoy shooty bangsticks.
personal opinion: buy a pump action shotgun with the shortest barrel length possible and throw a flashlight on that boi

Attached: nigga.jpg (3000x1918, 1.39M)

Guns can grow in value or at least retain it. They are a durable good. You aren't always going to get out what you paid, but you will get something whereas a stock can easily become completely worthless.
Indeed if the financial markets fail most stocks will become worthless and guns will suddenly be quite sought after.

As far as justifying it. People spend money on all sorts of expensive and useless things like figurines or fancy cars. If it makes you feel happy, it's worth some of the money you lost buying it. That is a value all it's own, although difficult to quantify.

As far as bang for the buck defense.
PSA basic bitch 16" AR-15s can be built as cheap as $300. $400 with sights, sling, a couple magazines and enough ammo to fill them. They work well enough that if you got in a shootout with someone using a $1000+ AR it would still be a toss-up. You can build a couple of them in order to have spares if one gets damaged or if you need a loaner (having a second person with gun you can trust watching your back is better than having the best weapon in your hands while on your own).
Mossberg Maverick 88 shotguns are about $200 and work fine.
Good cheap pistols exist too and will be very valuable for keeping a low profile, so get a police trade-in Glock or two and good holsters to match, although there are plenty of other good options.

Some guns appreciate in value and I dont like to buy guns that depreciate in value. Any gun that is still in production will immediately lose value once you buy it because its now pre-owned or used, any gun that isnt in production will usually keep its value or appreciate as long as you dont fuck it up. NFA machineguns are the most popular firearm to invest in because no matter the model the value will always rise over time. You could buy new milsurp and resell at a later date but youd be more likely to be accused of trying to run a gun business without a license because of the higher amount of firearms for the same amount of cash. Now that i think about it ive lost about $100 i'll never get back to percussion revolvers, not including ammunition, just because theyre still in production. Also if anyone reading this is wanting to get a muzzleloader, make your own powder. Its 1/5 the cost of the shit at the store and can be more powerful if you use a mill.

Attached: 1523725291229.jpg (800x475, 75K)

Jesus Christ look at those gams
Absolute specimen right there
>tfw you realize you were a thigh man all along

I wanna lick those thighs

t. desertfag

i do both

i get the urge to min/max life but we must remember to live life along the way as well

i should probably spend way less on prepared food and divert that into investment vehicles though

30 year old boomer here, not sure what you're talking about. I have very little control over foreign aid $$$, and I hate this governments policy of increasing spending while decreasing taxes.

They're just going to die and stick us with the bill.

>pump action shotgun
You think so? I figure a pistol or something would be most cost effective, and have cheapest available ammunition, also plenty of ammunition easy to find in a "happening"

>Indeed if the financial markets fail most stocks will become worthless and guns will suddenly be quite sought after.
When the markets crash, dividend paying stocks set to reinvest dividends are some of the best assets you could have. As long as you don't need to sell during the crash because you don't have enough liquid cash, they will compound at low crash levels, and be worth much much more after a recovery.

Thanks for the rec's, I don't necessarily want to win in a shootout with a well armed individual, just survive lootings and shit. Will look into the legality of those. Glock always seemed like a good bet. Is it dangerous to get a trade in, like are pre-owner likely to jam/misfire/get rekt?

>give these niggas a volley
jk love the idea of antique firearms.
>make your own powder
Should I also harvest my urine for the saltpeter to go full prepper?

Attached: volley.png (1914x2000, 726K)

prepared food like MRE's or prepared food like ordering Chipotle on doordash or some shit.

my dad had a shit load of stock in GM prior to 2008. Guess where it all went? Up some execs asshole.

I have some stocks that I get roughly 75 bucks per quarter from dividends. I don't have enough money to play around with the markets though.
Funs are nothing compared to capital required for investing in anything worth while. A gucci gun around these parts is barely equivalent to the cost of a worthwhile investment.

the latter. i make enough money that i can get away with it pretty much daily but it's a huge waste of both money and calories

>Should I also harvest my urine for the saltpeter to go full prepper?
Nah, just piss, piss like your life depends on it

Attached: 1234312431231.jpg (400x533, 73K)

Because lm too stupid to understand the stick market

>Funs are nothing compared to capital required for investing in anything worth while. A gucci gun around these parts is barely equivalent to the cost of a worthwhile investment.

while true, do a quick mental tally if your all-in cost on guns. between the raw total and opportunity cost, it's probably not nothing

book recommendation to anyone reading this: "why smart people make big money mistakes and how to correct them"

its basically behavioral economics 101 and does a quick intro into the various glitched algorithms our monkey brains have when it comes to money and marketing and impulse etc. im due for a re-read

LOL you could make your own powder 100% from scratch but fuck that, all the methods of extracting sulfur from the earth i know suck bigly. Its still about $5 per pound if you buy the ingredients at a hardware store. Cheaper if you make your own charcoal too.

Attached: match.jpg (1600x1200, 209K)

An AR-15, if legal in your state is going to be the most combat effective weapon to ratio of price available. We're talking 30rds on tap of ammunition which will rip clean through Kevlar, hit reliably out to 300yd, kill much faster with way more certainty than any pistol and cost 25-30 cents per trigger pull.

You will be a formidable threat to anyone within 3 blocks. Not invincible mind you, but with adequate practice and some ability to think clearly under stress very dangerous.

The reason you may also want to own a pistol is because walking around with a rifle (visibly armed in general) makes you a huge target and the situation may devolve to where having a weapon is good, but not so hectic that everyone is shooting everyone on sight. Carrying a concealed pistol gives you some firepower, without drawing fire that would otherwise hesitate or ignore you.
I recommend Glock because they are basically the Toyota Corolla of handguns. Commonly used by police and regular citizens alike, with a proven track record and excellent availability of parts. There are cheaper options, and fancier ones of course too. But a used police gun will usually have plenty more to give. They often rotate new handguns in every couple of years, and don't see near enough trigger time in that period to really wear out. If something is worn, since the gun is so common it's going to be easy and cheap to replace. You might even get slightly dim night sights, which are a handy feature.

A shotgun is useful for going fully off grid or holding down the interior of a structure. It's also dirt cheap, but ammunition is more expensive.

this why you gotta diversify, and try to know which way the wind is blowing a bit. Some things you can't know ahead of time, and sometimes you just get Enron'ed.

Buy index funds THEN maybe pick some individual stocks. I'm focusing on dividend paying S&P index funds, and then going a little heavy into the best of healthcare.

Do you actually collect that $75, instead of using DRiP? It sounds like that $75 doesn't really change your life in the short term, but it could add up over the years by compounding through dividend reinvestment.

>thot with a bulge

OwO what’s this?

Ar15 of course. Caliber is up to you

And you gotta spend the money you earn on something don't ya?

Also, if there's a lasting assault weapons ban in 20 years an AR15 will be worth 3 times what you paid for it

for a while I was just dumping it in a savings account but I switched to dividend reinvestment.

what I spend on guns I get back in life security. I have yet to buy anything I don't feel I actually need and need now before the faggots do some fag shit and ban everything. stocks are great and all but I don't have enough income to fuck with them. Or the time, well really more so the discipline/give a fuck required to invest smartly.
I'd like to get amazon because I see them literally taking over the world. But last I checked it was like 1000 a share or something ludicrous.

I would use those thighs as my hearing protection

True, they could do a split so you could buy less stock for less money. But the advantage would just be letting the poor people invest, and I don't think they care for that. They like having big institutional investors that buy and hold and keep buying, rather than small specs who would try to buy and flip it.

stop.
you're triggering my ptsd of 500$ SGLs that I passed on...

>if you buy your guns right they grow in value too.
This only happens if you are one of those faggots that looks at their guns instead of enjoying them. I fully expect that even with good care I am going to wear out and render worthless every gun I buy.

Try not treating your stuff like shit

>he doesn't want to fuck it so hard it breaks

What do you keep your cars under tarps and never drive them too?

I enjoy shooting, both for fun and challenge. It also can protect me from being culturally enriched, unlike your stupid stocks.

Reading comprehension, faggot. I said with good care I still expect to wear everything out. Barrels only last so many rounds, frames only last so many rounds, etc.

Wat

>culturally enriched
Is that code for murdered by refugees or something? If shit really does hit the fan, I'm not sure how many survival points a gun gives you, but it definitely gives you some, in most cases.

I do actually expect to drive my MPG-efficient, bought-used car into the ground, so I get that a bit.

Even though I don't want to drive one, this description of the Glock as the "toyota carolla of handguns" makes me think it's the one for me.

Is there a Carolla of ALL guns? Or of other types of guns?

This. You might have a point about the land, but without tools to work the land and weapons to defend it, you’re as good as dead anyways once the stability of this dying country begins to collapse under the weight of demographic change.

Also, just a reminder that on the day of the rope usurers and (((realty speculators))) will hang...in Minecraft with due process of course.

>in minecraft
dumb meme

>th-the USA is d-definitely going to collapse within my lifetime, and I'll be able to survive the fall!
People have been fearing the collapse for ages, they get distracted every now and then when they are reminded of the threat of nuclear annihilation, but they soon go back to saying that the US is going to fall.

That collapse is entirely possible, but there is always a reason to feel that things are worse than they've ever been, and yet the US keeps going. I think a slow fall is much more likely than a rapid decline, and maybe we're already in that slow decline, but there's no way to know.

It's fun to fantasize about an end of the world where all the chad thundercocks are dead and suddenly you and your gun collection are hot shit, but I wouldn't place all my hopes on that outcome.

Please consider funding your IRA.

>Try not treating your stuff like shit
t.boomer with couches wrapped in plastic.

>not knowing who this Instagram thot is
Good for you
Fuck social media and these gun bunny whores

Attached: 6944BA7E-ACE4-4104-ADFF-F63906A72C08.jpg (480x480, 62K)

>Cleaning guns in the dish washer
What is lead poisoning?

She's a real girl, but she views her body as an M4.

I don't know her, but i'm gonna place my bets that those are all her boyfriend's guns and she just uses them milk boomers for likes

A lot of short term thinking actually. Also, if you want the best bang for your buck, I'd suggest a pistol caliber carbine. Semi auto or bolt action, 9 mm, 380 acp, or 38 special. If you want a rifle, bolt action in 7.62x39 or 5.56.

>hoping for a future collapse to avoid the reality of poor decisions leading to long term destitution
whew

>nigga are you me?
remington 870 btw

Just like buying stocks we are addicted to different flavors of guns. Wood stocks, americana, milsurp, tactical, collectible, and so on. Plus plain fun. Question though: I have about 10k cash sitting around earning no interest like a twat. Should I lump sum it into the market or trickle it in (dollar cost average) monthly over the next few months? What dividend stocks do you invest in? I dunno, any help would be appreciated. No one I know knows how to invest.

Attached: 1565124483428.jpg (700x525, 89K)

Sounds like someone's a fat ugly cuck.

low cost index fund, buy it now at once

time in market always wins

>good heavens, look at the time!
Pretty sure I know what time it is

Start an IRA you nerd.

my 401 currently pulling in 11% +/-
next thing for me is to buy some real estate
then stock up on metals like gold, silver, copper, brass, aluminum, steel, and lead

>lead
oh boy

COME ON OUT YOU BLACK AND TANS

/fpbp

your damned right I hate fuckin carpets. no end to the filth and germs and dirt hiding and growing in there

>remington 870 btw
That's the best "bang" for my buck?

>copper
>aluminum
What? I understand wanting some gold and silver, but those others aren't hedges against inflation or anything, just industrial metals.

Based as fuck 401K returns though.

>Should I lump sum it into the market or trickle it in (dollar cost average) monthly over the next few months? What dividend stocks do you invest in? I dunno, any help would be appreciated. No one I know knows how to invest.

DO NOT LUMP SUM unless you ABSOLUTELY can't be fucked to check in on the market at least once a month. There's a lot of uncertainty right now, so I'm really hoping the market takes a hit this fall/winter and we can pick up some bargains.

You should always have SOME money in an S&P index fund (some people would say a total market index fund, it's mostly a matter of preference) because the stock market generally does go up over time, and you don't want to miss out on those gains. That is basically money that you can forget about until you retire, so you better have a solid emergency fund because you don't want to have to sell low just because you get hit with unexpected costs at the same time the market is at a low.

IRA is the best way to do it if you really won't need to see that $6000 until you retire (you might be able to pull out your basis after 5 years without getting hit with fees, there's also some exceptions like you can pull some out without getting hit with fees if its for buying a house or paying for college for yourself, your spouse, or your child)

Most of your investments should be in index funds with minimal expense ratios. You can pick some individual stocks but it's a lot riskier, especially if you're not watching them closely. I like buying some of the standard shit on a pullback: MRK, UNH, JNJ, PEP, MO, DIS, MCD, etc. Most index funds will have some exposure to these names, as well as some heavier exposure to the big tech stocks.

Christ no, they rust fuckquick. Getchaself a Maverick 88 Field and Security combo in 12ga for big boi power, or 20ga if you're not sure you can handle heavy recoil. Both kill stuff *very* dead.

Based Reference
I love that chapter, one of the best Chapters of Blood Meridian, glad to see another member of the Glanton Gang out here

Attached: 14540580_f520.jpg (520x696, 148K)

Thanks, I won't look into them then.

Another user recommended the Glock as the "Toyota Camry of handhuns" and that's the type of thing I'm looking for: practicality.

Factors like: low cost, widely available parts/easy to replace in a happening scenario, easily serviceable/simple maintenance, widely available/cheap ammunition, and of course usefulness/reliability/speed/accuracy/etc.

Does any of that fit the Mav 88 F&S?

Yeah.
Mav88 F/S is the Jow Forums poorfag gun of choice for a reason.

>muh shotgun
Terrible advice.

A shotgun is inferior to a semi rifle or even a PCC in every possible way.

Think of guns like gold. It's somewhat of a hedge, and then once in a while they get really expensive.

So... not a shotty?
I was thinking standard issue police firearms might actually be the best bet in a shitstorm, and because of how many there probably are lying around. And how many there might be available to buy used.

Don't pay dividends (don't compound over time), are very illiquid (difficult to trade, hard to offload during those times when they surge in value unless you're a dealer), unlike other commodities, design and tech improvements can make them less valuable over time... I don't know about that.

WHY NOT BOT

>semi rifle or even a PCC
like what?

>hard to sell guns
Figures since ur new here. u get 1 free pass

how much are you betting

Are u the guy that rattlecans all his shit and goes out of his wear to poser ‘battlewear’ everything?
I have a 5 year old lwrc that ive taken to 2 classes, and put thousands of rounds thru. I could Wipe it down and it’d easily pass as lightly used.

Be Asian and don't wear shoes indoors. Problem solved.

Jesus, at the least not in bed.

Shotties are fine for the price point of $200-300. The only PCC at that range is a used Hipoint carbine, and they're good but not pretty. Semi rifles at that pp just don't exist period lmao.

Yes, gold doesnt pay dividends either. That was my point. Guns are also incredibly easy to liquidate and are sensitive to legal changes which affect the price.

If your question is "are guns going to outperform an index fund?" the answer is no. Neither is gold but that's not the point of guns. Also I know what a dividend is you ape.

Healthcare is volatile around elections, you should be buying utilities and REITs if you want fat dividends.

>volatile around elections
true, but I think the fears are overblown. Even if Biden loses the primary, I really doubt radical dem policies will ever be put in play. Buy the FUD I think, but there is risk and that's why I also think diversify.

Don't know which utilities and reits are worth a damn, may look into an ETF. NRZ looks good but it is apparently risky.

Because I refuse to buy into the modern financial system and would rather have guns and goats. I don't care if shit collapses or not. Your society is disgusting and I want nothing to do with it. Wealth will buy me nothing I need. Earning money for money's sake is the work of an idiot.

>excuses for staying poor

We get it, you suck with money and blame everything on the system. Go back to making shitty videos Owen.

it's ok user, I'm sure if you save enough, you'll find a way to buy your way out of misery

>How do you justify spending so much on fun toys that don't pay you in any real way?
Because money isn't everything my dude.

You shouldn't be picking stocks without homework. Just buy the ETFs if you aren't really researching the companies. Regardless if you think the fears are overblown, the market will dump healthcare if anyone other than Biden wins. You have so much time until the upside is really there (post election) your money is put to better work elsewhere. It's like buying the banks with the current treasury situation. If you're set on dividends buy quality and buy ETFs. I wouldnt advise on allocating anymore than 10% of your portfolio to individual stocks unless you know how to read a balance sheet and really do your homework. I'll give you a dividend freebie, grab some VZ.

I make 120k a year have a roth ira i dump about 6k a year into own a few stocks, and have spent 20k on funs in the last 5 years. I dont really see your point here.

not everything is about money

AR15

crush puss

Guns are consumables, idiot, and I scratched my new piston AR.

:^)

>shit on Jow Forums for buying guns over tangible deed things
>also asks for home defense recommendations
really? you could have atleast tried to pander to the audience here

I wasn't trying to shit on you...
Was it really that offensive, or did I strike a nerve?

I don't give a shit if MTG decks I buy can't be resold at a profit because I don't resell my cards.
I don't resell my games, either. I prefer them either on a shelf, in a disc drive, or on a SSD.
Fun doesn't need to have resale value. Fun is experienced in the moment, you stupid Jow Forums /x/ lizardman brother of Cuckerburg bot pretending to be a person with anything of value to say fishing for responses.

I wouldn't start the message as
>why do you spend so much on X when you could be doing Y. It will benefit you in the long run
Most of everyone on Jow Forums doesn't impulse buy, we do it for enjoyment.
You can't measure enjoyment purchases over doing investment reasons.

To answer your original question, best bang for your buck? a 12 gauge with your choice of buckshot or other specialty rounds

not much of a fag if hours later you barely post on your on thread

How dare you question my faggotry.

Thanks user, this was rather insightful. I liked what the other user had to say about glocks. How's the standard police issue shotty do?

>Because money isn't everything my dude.
Non-Jew spotted.

>all this cope

Don’t forget to pay your rent on time wagie. You wouldn’t want me to charge you ANOTHER late fee there would you?

You sound addicted to money. "How do you justify spending so much on something that won't get you more money?" Is legitimately one of the greediest things I've seen someone post here. Stop worrying so much about your fiat paper as long as you've got enough to live somewhat comfortably, especially if you've already invested a good amount into something else for retirement. That kind of currency addiction is a major sickness in our time.

Attached: 1565109237764.jpg (852x762, 79K)

Yeah and here's the proof of what I suspected. user, you are legitimately addicted to money. The fact you think anyone not obsessed with finding that next shekel is a property-less NEET with no financial literacy says you view money as a competition is not good. That's one of the most severe signs of currency addiction, fren. Seek help for your obsession.

Attached: 681798765735.jpg (480x548, 51K)

It’s not an addiction. It’s buying security, surrounding yourself with guns that sit and collect dust while going down in value isn’t going to help you in hard times, it isn’t going to help your family or pay for your kids school/needs/whatever. The mentality that building wealth is bad is the mentality people like you use to deflect from making bad financial decisions in life. You know it’s the damn truth. It’s not sickness, it’s striving for freedom.

The means of production

Attached: stalin.gif (335x250, 2.41M)

>the means of reproduction

FTFY Stalin.