Are tiny houses on wheels the ultimate Jow Forumsompound?

are tiny houses on wheels the ultimate Jow Forumsompound?

Attached: wl8krv5glmz21.jpg (960x720, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_o5M6v1eD4I
atlassurvivalshelters.com/water-tight-10x35-condo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I doubt most of Jow Forums could successfully live in a tiny house.

Mom's not there to clean up after them.

I'm planning on building one.
pretty based to embrace minimalist living.

That trailer from the accountant is top tier Jow Forums

If you want to go stir crazy yeah

Mobility is really hampered by certain factors such as;
the climate your building it in
what you have to pull it with, tiny homes can actually be very heavy
weight distribution
locality zoning laws
etc.
Id say build a tiny home that is isolated and more self sufficient and fortify.
Build to passive standards and your home wont even need heating in the winter or much cooling in the summer.

tiny houses are a meme

>Jow Forums
>Above ground

It's a house, not a cage.
Tiny homes are for people who spend a lot of time outside doing shit and just need a place to store gear/food and sleep.

>Thin walls
>Low storage space
>Somebody could roll up with a truck and literally steal your fucking house
>Any harsh weather will fuck your shit up
>Will either need to live in a trailer park or out in the middle of nowhere
>Will depreciate faster than a burning shithouse
If you want minimalism and mobility, just get an RV.

You mean an RV?

The ultimate Jow Forumsompound is a homestead on 40 acres.

thought about his for trailers and bad weather. would cableing them down with steel cable/deep stakes prevent them from getting blown over? could do it from the underside too

Attached: trailer.png (1022x553, 7K)

>Thin walls
insulate properly
>Low storage space
minimalism is the name of the game, live with what you need and cut the crap that weighs you down.
>Somebody could roll up with a truck and literally steal your fucking house
there are tons of preventative measures to stop this
wheel locks, hitch locks, jacking the house and storing the wheels inside, gps locator, etc.
>Any harsh weather will fuck your shit up
so long as your not building the toothpicks and paper, Tiny houses tend to be much sturdier than average homes because they are stiffened for transport.
>Will either need to live in a trailer park or out in the middle of nowhere
Thinking that living in the middle of nowhere is a problem. fucking urbanites.
>Will depreciate faster than a burning shithouse
Not everything has to be resold, kike.

An RV that meets the standards of a properly built tiny home is gonna cost you out the ass or be a piece of shit.

Nah you're just a faggot. I'm all against mcmansions and other meaningless forms of excess but you've been conditioned to want to live in a literal cuckshed. No wife, no family, no roots. Just you traveling around being a massive queer.

no, they're a hipster meme. the ultimate Jow Forumsompound is a dirtbike and backpack with tarp and sleeping bag.

They're for hipsters. People "who spend alot of time outside doing shit" can just get a trailer or a camper or any number of things.

I bet you're real proud of all the trash you've accumulated over your life, you materialistic cocksucker. Besides, everyone knows bitches go crazy for guys with tiny houses.

You are a goddam idiot

I'm not materialistic. I just think it's important to have a family and roots. As I stated, I'm against excess that most Americans are obsessed with.

Most of us can actually own personal goods, commie

This is a harsh way to put it but there is a kernel of truth in there.

Or your can be useful and learn to build one yourself that is tailored to your needs and personal standard instead of getting something cletus and earl hobbled together in a factory in between crack sessions.
The way mass produced trailer and camper construction cut corners is abysmal.

Thanks for contributing nothing

not an argument.

you can have a family and roots a small dwelling, Our ansestors have done it for thousands of years before western society tricked everyone into large expensive houses that are inefficient and take a lot of upkeep.

back at you.

You can not have a decent sized family in a tiny home without being miserable. I'm not one of those people who believes that everyone has to have x amount of personal space and an office and a game room and a 4 car garage and whatever else but living in a miniscule amount of space that tiny homes are sounds terrible and unsanitary. You can cope all you want but it's true. Why not just go buy some land in rural areas and build your own house with a reasonable amount of space? With the extra land you could farm and raise animals.

Attached: 1542764877239.jpg (720x672, 61K)

Why not?
Even if not on wheels
Have a double loft tiny home, one for sleeping the other for storage
Main area for working on guns
Small kitchen area for simple food prep
Collect rainwater for shower and sink
compostable toilet for easy shitting indoors
Rig up some solar panels to power your basic stuff
Insulate it well and live in it all year round
Have it in the middle of nowhere and live off the land
No problem during the happening

Go back to your new /leftypol/ bunker please.

I wasn't arguing, I'm pointing out you're stupid
Added more than you. The comment was about what is used in the fictional scenario, not wether it's bought it made, retard.

You're right, where am I suppose to put all my guns let alone the ammo? Then again...floorboard ammo storage/gun safes?

>I don't want a house so I'll get a tiny meme house
>but it'll be two stories
>and I'll have two of them

Not bad.

Attached: bear.jpg (250x187, 6K)

Imagine being this much of a faggot. Legitimate concerns and criticism of capitalism is met with what is essentially implying that you're some some sort of tranny leftist commie. You are possibly one of the greatest defenders of this current system that drains the life out of every decent person and yet you pretend that we're the ones who are mentally ill. But go ahead, just call me a tranny.

>You can not have a decent sized family in a tiny home without being miserable.
Well then go outside and
>farm and raise animals.
you can still
>buy some land in rural areas and build your own house
Just build an efficient tiny home and try to have some restraint by not having ten kids.
the home is a place to sleep and store food and supplies and seek shelter from unfavorable weather.
Otherwise go outside and hunt, farm, and socialize.

first the mini-homes are intended as cheaper modular homes, they are intended to be put in place and stay for some time. they are shit for long distance transportation and are unnecessarily heavy. they require a grid to operate and weigh too much for the benefits.

an RV trailer fixes all these issues and can operate without a grid system with easy. the RV trailer uses car parts in its construction so you can get the repair parts from either a hardware or auto store without needing a whole seller. the RV will flex and bend in transport the min-house will not.

the basic answer is buy a shipping container and put it on a trailer. then attach whatever you want to it. don't attache it permanently and then you can put it anywhere, boat, plane ect and transport it.

the mini-home is "cheaper" but not any substantial way

an RV min-maxes on space, utility, and duribility.

a cargo container and trailer bed is the Lego playground of the prep-er.

>>>/leftypol/

>oy vey white person you shouldn't have kids or a house, its, uhh, bad

You literally outed yourself as one of them by using "we".
OP wanted to discuss the practicality of using a tiny house as a Jow Forumsompound and you immediately jumped to "muh poverty capitalism" using a shitty reddit meme.

>I wasn't arguing, I'm pointing out you're stupid
well than the comment was pointless because Im right.

Im not white.

Return to your cave.

Attached: patrick bait.png (308x308, 128K)

No shit, you're telling whites to not have kids
No commie I can actually afford a place to live

By "we" I meant people who criticize capitalism. I'm a normal dude who isn't a sexual degenerate. I advocate for having a family, something which tiny homes wouldn't allow you to do. Sometimes I wish Jow Forums had IDs.

Or you can just not be a retard and build a moderately sized home that fits your needs. Just keep coping and pretend that you can have even a family of 3 in a tiny home.
>not wanting to have 10 children who you raise to have strong morals and to protect the environment

>People "who spend alot of time outside doing shit" can just get a trailer or a camper
You mean an even smaller house on wheels?

But you can have kids

Kill yourself commie scum.
I wouldn't assume that you were a /leftypol/ subhuman if you didn't post a shitty meme fresh out of r/latestagecapitalism.

I haven't posted any pictures and I don't browse reddit. This is why I wish we had IDs sometimes.

Or you can establish yourself with a tiny house for a fraction of the upstart cost and expand as you need. If you bought a plot if land you pretty much factored out that your gonna be moving.
Then you can to full cletus mode and jump into struggling to support yourself because you had to many kids to be sustainable.

Jow Forums truly needs IDs and flags. Status quo defenders are useful idiots.

It's a fucking trailer

I hate the status quo as much as the next guy but I'm not willing to starve to death next to the imported brown underclass while the elites laugh at my dead body.

It's not the size of the house that matters, it's how you use it.

All good thoughts, but silly. Downsizing your living area means upsizing your workshop.

I just looked up how much tiny homes cost. If you're buying a manufactured tiny home than they can cost anywhere from around 30k and up.
>expand as you need
Why not just cut out the bs and build I home that's going to be big enough to begin with? Are you retarded? And if you're making one why spend so much more effort building one tiny home that you have to cater to much more strictly since you're maximizing every tiny bit of space or you can not be stupid and just build a moderate sized home.

It's a trailer, user. Bitches do not go crazy for guys who live in trailers. Try not being poor.

My first house was tiny, but I managed. However, my current house is fucking huge and after being here for quite some years there's no way I could ever go back to living in a small house. I do have a four berth camper though, so if push came to a shove and I had to get out into the wilds...

>a dirtbike
>not a wolfenstein tier bunker compound
Are you a homosexual user?

Tiny houses have always been Jow Forums.

Attached: radical tiny house zealot ted.jpg (534x401, 53K)

Have lived in a camper for 2 years. Not terrible. Waiting to put it on property with an actual address

No you commie shitbag you're the useful idiot. You're an idiot suggesting to rebel against 'status quo' just for the sake of it.
You're trying to convince the working class to have next to nothing, to get people to live in a glorified shed so the upper 1% can have even more.

I live small. But my wife lives big. Well, for a Syrian woman anyway. Not American woman big.

Me personally I live on 15 acres alone so having a well optimized 1,000spft home with a decent sized garage would be perfect, all I really do is work, game with friends on my computer shoot guns and wrench so I dont need much

What you described is where the status quo will lead us if the trend isn't bucked - being the current monetary, fiscal, and trade policies which favor the elite. Apparently bringing light to this compels some to brand me a dirty commie.

Attached: gendo 2.png (1280x720, 536K)

He isn't /k, he's /pol

No leftypol giving up my belongings and living in a closet isnt going to stop that

>convince the working class to have next to nothing, to get people to live in a glorified shed so the upper 1% can have even more.
This *is* what the status quo will lead to. Do you understand?

Tiny house? Meh. A rolling fortress? Oh yes in every way. I plan on retiring in a mobile mansion built to withstand siege. The kind of thing that can roll through a squat town, stay the night and move on the next morning unmolested. It don't have to be a tank. Small arms and fire resistant, taser door handles, pepper mist spray system and roof access from inside. High ground yeah! Electric fuel hybrid commercial vehicles are hitting the auction market cheap real soon.

Who here Jow Forumsaravan?

Attached: AAEn1nv.jpg (1200x630, 70K)

No leftypol actively doing that doesnt stop it from happening, it makes it happen

>leftypol
I'm wasting my time here. Enjoy your cave.

Attached: Rob-Grays-Wothahellizat-Mk2-DIY-Expedition-Motorhome-001.jpg (990x659, 391K)

Go ahead and leave, we wont miss you

>He isn't /k, he's /pol
show some respect for you elders

where do you live regionally?

these are sick but I feel like they cost more than a real home

Attached: 1309737699563.jpg (530x370, 44K)

/pol is garbage and serves as a agitation honeypot
>if you give up your stuff and live in a shed you won't give up your stuff and live in a shed

good luck fueling that thing in the boogaloo lmfao
fucking boomers are just retards sometimes.

Reddit

Oh shit that runs on gas thanks lil zoom zoom for pointing that out no one knew that

FBI

Likely but if you buy a solid commercial base at auction then build it yourself. These folks did something similar on a tiny house budget. This castle truck has a reinforced roof deck with a full clawfoot bathtub for private bathing in the sunset. I say it again. Mobile mansion. Woot!

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 11K)

I want pic related where I can just walk outside my door and shoot and be left alone.

Attached: Ranchhouse.jpg (530x355, 67K)

Didn't actually read anything did ya kiddo? Commercial vehicles are all going fuel electric hybrid. You have no idea the fuel efficiency garbage trucks, city busses and more important to me ups trucks are getting. By law these can officially run for 5 years and then auctioned of for pennies per pound.

>not knowing how to make an engine run off of that wood shaving contraption
And yes I dont know the name for it but I know how to make one

>30k and up
Thats why I say build it yourself. Learn and make yourself more viable by educating yourself and building it for a fraction of that manufacturer cost.
>Why not just cut out the bs and build I home that's going to be big enough to begin with? Are you retarded?
No, Im not retarded.
Anyway, because what if you build the full sized house end up not needing it? or not needing that much for a very long time? right off the bat your expenses for set up skyrocket and your utility costs will be unnecessarily high.
Just what the hell is 'moderate' supposed to mean?
A tiny house seems plenty "moderate" for a single person/couple who embrace efficiency and minimalism.
Is it moderate for a family of five? most likely not, so expand. by the time the need is that high your probably more than ready to expand because everything around you has been on such a steady progression that making a small leap is not hard to do relative to building your idea of a "moderate home".

I base my tiny house plan off my great-grandfather. He built his home small but it covered all the bases, he built a farm, got married, and built additional rooms when it was necessary for his kids, which he ended up raising 5 kids. Kids grow up, moved out, and eventually his wife died. He sold the additions right off his house to other young families and went back to living like he had when he first built the home.
He pretty much lived in a tiny home sized house to begin with and died in a tiny home sized house.
He lived very comfortably and happy, never had debt problems, never struggled to keep his family housed.

Dude. Its all about garbage plastic into fuel now a days. Wood gasification is the depression era solution. The modern world runs on oil, diesel, kerosene and butane. All can be reclaimed with a pressure cooker and some bubble tanks. Seriously look up plastic into fuel. It'll blow your mind. Plastic is everywhere and isn't going anywhere soon.

I wanna build a thick rammed earth house

Didnt know their was a modern version I just remember watching some documentaries over the wood ones and designing my own schematic for one just you know in case

Prepare yourself user.
youtu.be/_o5M6v1eD4I

That doesn't blow my mind, plastic is made from oil

Tiny homes =/= Mini homes
Mini homes are slightly larger and are intended to be built on site on a foundation.
>can operate without a grid system with easy.
A tiny home can easily be built to be off grid, that's a big attraction for them. If you want to save money, yes, build to be on grid.
>RV trailer uses car parts in its construction so you can get the repair parts from either a hardware or auto store
So can tiny homes
>RV will flex and bend in transport the min-house will not.
Tiny homes, yes. If you intend to travel a lot, you will need to use materials that allow flex, they are out there and many people use them.
>RV min-maxes on space, utility, and duribility.
not really, unless your buying something cheaply built or second hand and probably run down, a good RV that is suitable for year round living is gonna be more costly than a tiny home.

It's a glorified trailer.

Monolithic concrete dome homes, supposedly only $130/square foot + the price of land you put it on.

You can partially or completely (need extra insulation though) place them underground. They are heavily resistant to small arms and natural disasters.

Pic related with a hidden access point to an Atlas Shelter in inner yard.
atlassurvivalshelters.com/water-tight-10x35-condo/

Attached: Torus Dome Home.png (1280x909, 168K)

Well different strokes then. I'm not thilled with big oil dependency or litter.

that's designed to be more efficient and tailored to the lifestyle of the owner.

But it IS a trailer.

This

Attached: 1564330066112.webm (1062x614, 317K)

You're a goddamn genius

and that's supposed to be bad?

I gotta say, this is quite a refreshing topic for Jow Forums. Having a blast.

Attached: 1513128207816.jpg (900x875, 139K)