Is the average poncho viable in a tactical situation?

Is the average poncho viable in a tactical situation?

Attached: 88412545368.png (500x464, 681K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ
youtu.be/5XH0y7pgSDw
military1st.com/po-smr-nl-11-helikon-swagman-roll-poncho-climashield-apex-coyote.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvursq5X64wIVk4nICh1otwtcEAQYAiABEgLzKfD_BwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely not. If it doesn't have velcro panels for your NEET patches then it isn't remotely high-speed enough for laser tag, nevermind an operational operation.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

You'll look like a hippy/tard but can hide some good shit.

Only to conceal a steel plate from a furnace.

You'll be prepared for a wide variety of jam band scenarios

>They say when a man with a pistol faces a man with a rifle... the man with the pistol always loses.

Why were these movies so good?
youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

Attached: 1562686818382.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Simple premises, great execution, actors who actually gave a shit about putting on a good performance, competent direction and great music scoring.

his poncho wasn't average. It had cut-outs near the holsters on his belt

Yes, You can conceal a BUNCH of shit

no niggers all over the place and now SJW topics.

man, yojimbo was a great movie

wow! so clever!
fuck off retard.

You know those movies weren't made in America right?

and? 99% of movies at that time weren't SJW garbage like they are today.

Less tactical, more practical. I keep a Turkish poncho similar to pic related in backpack. It is a superb layer and multipurpose. Need a blanket? Poncho. Ground cover? Poncho. Only downside is that it is not very water resistant, so keep that in mind. Otherwise, it's perfect.

you can have them
just as long as they're not from post modern america

ill take who killed captain alex over black panther anyday

Is anyone aware of a modern warm weather poncho? Something that will keep the sun off you while still breathing enough to keep on cool in the desert. I figure that'd be an inexpensive way to have hunting camo without having to resort to the full body getups you see many hunters go with. Most modern ponchos I see that are camouflage are water proof and loud when you move around in them.

get a fucking job
do you have any politics besides "sjws and brown people bad"

Here is an example of a poncho/serape used in gunfight.
youtu.be/5XH0y7pgSDw

For anyone wondering what that is.
military1st.com/po-smr-nl-11-helikon-swagman-roll-poncho-climashield-apex-coyote.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvursq5X64wIVk4nICh1otwtcEAQYAiABEgLzKfD_BwE

Attached: p7_orig.jpg (700x604, 49K)

Truth hurts

Depends on the situation. They're not high speed low drag since they're not easy to move in, but they have their uses.

For less than a pound, a poncho can replace your rain jacket and rain pants, your tent, your tarp, and your bivy bag. So they're very tactical when you want to expand your mission capabilities without incurring a significant weight/bulk penalty, or if you're moving on foot in the outdoors for extended periods of time.

American military doctrine doesn't involve soldiers living outside in foul weather anymore, like it did in Vietnam (e.g. LRRP), but plenty of small militaries who prepare for asymmetrical warfare in response to invasion by more powerful forces (e.g. Finland v. Russia) prepare their soldiers for that kind of situation. If you look at their kit, they're big fans of ponchos.

So if you're caught in the rain trying to go house to house kicking down doors, or climb a mountain, or some action-hero shit like that - a poncho won't be your best friend. But if you're trying to sit in a downpour for hours waiting for an enemy patrol to pass by so you can pop off a few rounds then scoot back into the woods, and plan on doing this for months, a poncho will serve you better than a GoreTex suit.

What the fuck is all that telemetry bullshit and why does your URL have a completely different product name, I ain't clicking that shit

www.hazard4.com/poncho-villa.html

It does

A poncho might be too cumbersome but an Anorak could be useful

Seeth about it kike

Only if you want to be asked where the Phish concert is

Attached: 71kZS4ciQBL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1290, 135K)

The heart, Ramon. Aim for the heart.

It's a well known fact that it was an unofficial remake m80. Not some secret movie trivia.

Nigger

A poncho is literally a rectangle with a hole for your head. If you cant figure out how to make one from the fabric of your choice you should not be trusted with firearms.

It wasnt an unofficial remake, brainlet. There were lawsuits

>because no one ever fights a lawsuit despite knowing they’re in the wrong and not wanting to be forced to pay restitution to the people you’ve wronged

>brown
orange

I feel like that Mexican hotel owner played that same role in at least half a dozen westerns lmao

>sweats in italian

Attached: tfw u dont aim fur the heart.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

>Shoots Blondie in the head

Wasn't Blondie in that film bruh. Sure the man with no name spans all three, but he wasn't Blondie till GBU

There is a reason why no respectable military uses ponchos as clothing anymore, they are mainly used for bivi shelters, when digging in AT mines to hold the dirt, as a cover to clean your rifle on etc. Basically multi purpose waterproof fabric

"Sks assault rifle" " slicing the pie"

Attached: 1509455001596.png (356x256, 107K)

>this

Not gonna lie, even on that shitty footage it was aesthetic as fuck.

>military technique called slicing the pie
>sks assault rifle
reminder that these are the same retards who make firearm laws

>There is a reason why no respectable military uses ponchos as clothing anymore
Nobody's operating in wet regions?

No but the tactikilt is

Attached: Kryptek_1024x1024.png (1000x1000, 2.11M)

you know there are waterproof protective layer clothing for wet conditions that you pull over your normal uniform? Ponchos are deprecated.

Godfather was right. Numbers don't matter if you seek the initiative. Violence of action and all that. Aesthetically pleasing, too.

Do they make one in realtree? Asking for a friend.

Nvm found it

Attached: Screenshot_20190811-190119.png (480x854, 533K)

Yes, perfect for naruto running desu

>unofficial
Now, think about what that word means and how it applies to that situation.
Don't hurt yourself though. Your handler has enough to worry about already.

You'll look like a total fag so people will give you a wide enough berth at first glance to not notice you have full battle rattle and a rifle under there, it's perfect.
Also, they're technically called sarapes.

Attached: 123413241234.jpg (602x750, 254K)

movie movie movie

>technically called sarapes
Different shit.

That's like saying a cape is a cloak.

Attached: doubtit.png (1000x652, 135K)

All I know was when I was in Mexico and was looking for a poncho to take home anytime I asked where I could get a poncho folk had no idea what I was talking about, thought I was talking about Pancho Villa, eventually someone corrected me and told me they were called sarapes.

>camo kilt
Wear a tartan like a real man, fag

Attached: tartanImagePrototype.jpg (750x750, 104K)

Maybe if you're a Glow in the Dark doing Glow in the Dark stuff.

FYI Finnish military issues rain capes, not ponchos. The fabric used in them is very thin since it is only a base layer for rubber.

You want Soviet surplus palatkas. Those can be used for shelter, or worn like a cloak/poncho. It’s one of the most versatile squares if canvas you’ll ever own.

Attached: FB2C416F-17FE-4A00-B426-88EEE132D082.jpg (450x392, 24K)

In all fairness, here's a Bundeswehr poncho. Standard NATO design I think?

Attached: bw poncho 2.jpg (2200x1650, 184K)

You probably call George A. Romeros movies garbage only because he used black actors just to comment on racism

Jow Forumsommandos will get it for deer hunting

Attached: forbidden spaghetti.jpg (300x200, 6K)

Are boxers acceptable over briefs for a tactical situation? What is the most tactical brand of socks I should be wearing?

No underwear is more tactical. Less weight, fewer restrictions. High speed, low drag.

CHOCOLATE MAN BAD

Italy

it's literally just that they have all the hallmarks of good Italian directors, but then they're also made *in* Italy

GBU takes place before the first two films, since it takes place during the Civil War

They are different in essentially being western noirs. The spaghetti westerns came at a time when too many boy scout westerns had destroyed public interest in the genre. Your average western plot up to the end of the 50s could as well have been written by vicars and the anti-alcohol organisations. Sergio Leone and his colleague took away the sunday sermon and added ambiguous characters who were neither entirely bad nor entirely good. They kept the setting and elevated it to mythos. US directors eventually caught on and caught up but it took a decade.

Kommando store probably still sells their Hungarian half shelters. They double as a poncho if they still have all the buttons and draw string. My only gripe with it is that the water proofing on the canvas is long gone, and I had to re-wax it.

Most clans even have a fucking hunting pattern with more muted colors

>battle rattle
?

Lurk more newfag, or just google it

Wasn't yojimbo itself a homage to westerns as well? I mean one of the main villains carries a revolver.
Seems like yojimbo/fistful of dollars was like an ouroboros situation.