Does the US Military or any Western Nation for that matter...

Does the US Military or any Western Nation for that matter, have something similar in design or concept to the Russian Gorka suit? I like the idea of it, just not the color/pattern choices, and was hoping for something more home grown.

Attached: 89f044f47e45d9f78b4a87b3ecba96c3.jpg (471x594, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E6wlf6d5ops
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah.

What’s special about it

It's a cheap alternative to a proper GoreTex XCR shell, which tend to be very expensive, while not going full autismo and wearing something like a ECWCS Level VI.

no...but russia does

Reminds me of this

Attached: B726E4CB-61B7-4EE6-B27F-212B5116AC8C.png (500x750, 217K)

Yes, in the USMC we’re issued a GoreTex top and bottom intended to be worn over your uniform in windy or wet weather.

It’s pretty much the same thing, it’s too expensive in my opinion.

Any suggestions for something close in design?

A clothing shell from a civilian company like OR.

If you're willing to put up with camo patterns, said US ECWCS is good quality and about as cheap as you're going to get for a no-shit GoreTex hard shell.

If you're looking for something "Military" you can find contract stuff from the likes of Arc'teryx or Outdoor Research on EBay, but you're going to pay the Airshitter/LARParator premium on it.

Attached: GEN3.png (1280x554, 517K)

us has a gayer version. the marshmellow suit.

Also still pretty cold in -3

Thanks user, appreciate it. Finally getting my kit together and figured some legit weather proof cover or gear was next on the list.

Gorka is aesthetic

Attached: gorka_3_bars-3-500x500.jpg (500x500, 59K)

Every western nation issues some sort of windproof overwear. They overwhelmingly can afford something more substantial than waxed cotton.

>It's a cheap alternative to a proper GoreTex XCR shell

Oh sweet summer child, polycotton is not an alternative to Gore-Tex.

Can i get an id on the boots in that picture?

Gorka is not meant to replace Gore-Tex. It's a wind resistant membrane (Gorka literally refers to the Russian word "Mountain") and it's designed for windy, cold, dry Russia

Wasn't it developed for environments more like Afghanistan rather than Russia?

Like I said, it's literally "mountain suit" in Russian
if it wasn't -specifically- developed for Russia it still works tremendously there

what's the point of goofka anyway

It's a windbreaker. That's it.

Windbreaker, extra layer of weather protection or insulation I guess.

It's supposed to be an extra layer but the pants are ultra comfy and very practical. I wear mine often and have field tested them from field, to swamp, to airfield. They work well in hot and cold environments, wet and dry. If the elastic in the ankles isn't too tight you can even pull them up to make shorts in very hot climates (like an airfield in the summer).
Some designs are different and people will have different preferences in the coats. I personally just use them for wet weather and cold weather.
The pants are the real gold.

look cool

It sure as shit isn't anywhere near gore-tex in terms of water resistance

>It's a cheap alternative to a proper GoreTex XCR shell
oh dear son, this is how I can tell you have never owned a Gorka suit.

>cold, windy, dry.
Yea, that would make sense. Siberia is definiely not dry.

Would a small Gorka fit on someone who's 5'7" (170 cm)

ECWCS level 4 is a windbreaker you can use all year round. Never handled a gorka before, but my understanding is that it is a wind/light moisture barrier. If that's the case, then ECWCS level 4 is the same thing.

If you want a waterproof windbreaker in something like Goretex then look for the Bundeswehr flecktarn cover set. It's bretty good. What technically sets the Gorka apart is that it is an anorak rather than a parka.

Literally just any hiking boots. Russian boots are trash and the first thing conscripts usually do is get a pair of either trainers or hiking boots. Junior officers and middle officers in the forces are underpaid and lazy as fuck so they rarely give a shit about presentation, especially for people who are only going to be there for eight months.

lol

Easily. I'm 6'4" and I wear medium waist long (GOST 48-5), although that is a tad short.

>0 Perception

No. Gorkas are just an outer shell that's been waterproofed. You wear your insulation and shit under the Gorka if cold, or you just wear summer fatigues if hot.

>game engine can't render 0 perception so they have infinite perception instead

How breathable are gorkas? I'm innadesert and have hyperhidrosis

So it's exactly like the ECWCS outlayer stuff. It's water/wind resistant and you layer up underneath.

>it's too expensive
damn right. i wanted to buy my own but fuck that.

It's not the same thing as GoreTex, it's supposed to be more breathable than that.

Ye old paratrooper/SAS smocks come to mind.

Attached: Gf.jpg (340x604, 51K)

>that's been waterproofed

Hardly. Maybe has a coat of teflon sprayed on top that'll wear off within a few days if not reapplied.

They're for keeping bugs and ticks etc off of you as well as the wind. They're just a thick layer of cotton/poly. Think British windproof smock, not a Goretex jacket.

Meindl Island MFS Active, or something very close from the Meindl (or copycat) range.

Gorkas are shit, they're the equivalent of the ECWCS Level 4 which is a literal guinea tier track suit top, useless against wind, water, and snow. Buy a fuckign commercial soft shell, for fuck sake Uniqlo makes a better shell than the fucking Gorka.

Tactical chest waders with sapi inserts is the superior way

Attached: ca5901-5w_1538_general.jpg (231x455, 15K)

That actually looks pretty comfy, is there a good place for Russian surplus?

That's a good comparison, Denison Smock.

There's also the Belgian anoraks that were pretty common a few years ago. Belgian in the back, of course.

Attached: gorka vs belgian anorak.jpg (1469x1958, 2.96M)

>Waxed cotton
>Comfy

What the fuck is this boards obsession with putting lipstick on the pig that is slab shit? You live in a country with absurd and cheap access to top shelf outdoor gear, but you want to buy some literal bottom barrel trash jacket because LOL XDDDD GLORIOUS COMRADE GLORIOUS SLAVE COMRADE COMRADE GLOURIOS XDD CYKA COMRADE COMMISARIATE LEL XD GLORIOSUS MOTHERTLAND!

Fucking slavaboo memelord trash.

Checked
Also
>Gets his feet wet in one foot of water
>Gets his legs wet in four feet of water
>Tactical

Chest waders are the light, and the future

Attached: ca12901-5w_1661_general.jpg (350x751, 33K)

Obviously they are very baggy and will be decent if you just wear some socks/wickable t-shirt & boxers underneath.
Lots of air circulating underneath will maintain stable body temp.

I'm not, I'm talking about the ECWCS level 4 stuff, which isn't water proof.

>Does the US Military or any Western Nation for that matter, have something similar in design or concept to the Russian Gorka suit? I like the idea of it, just not the color/pattern choices, and was hoping for something more home grown.

WHY THE ACYUAL FUCK WHEN YOU HAVE TECH LIKE GORTEX WOULD YOU WEAR HEAVY TENT CANVAS?

>GORTEX
Shit and not breathable

This
This is waxed cotton tent canvas. Its shit. For at least 30 years western militaries have been issuing layers, one of them being gortex WHICH RUSSIA CANNOT MANUFACTIRE as it is a primitive hellhole

>gortex
Goretex is shit for moving in the snow. It's not breathable at all.

Gortex is breathable. Where the fuck are you from some slum in Russia?

The Brits had/have their windproof smock and matching pants. Works pretty much like a gorka. The only advantage some gorka have, is that they have some reinforcement on parts of the legs and arms, making it more durable and resistant against thorns.

No, I use the ECWCS level 4 stuff. Way better for snow and it doesn't get as hot underneath while moving.

but how sweaty do your balls get outside the water?

Nah it's shit. They look like militant hobos.

I see a shit ton of workmen and builders wearing pants that look like gorka in the UK. And tramps for some reason.

lol

Having green light blasted directly into your corpse eyeballs will do that

arcteryx shit is incredible, but, 300$ for a wind/waterproof shell is absofuckinglutley impossible for most people to afford.

Buy a gorka - get it waterproofed 3rd party, wear that. done.

this, but perhaps unironically even

>arcteryx shit is incredible, but, 300$ for a wind/waterproof shell is absofuckinglutley impossible for most people to afford.
It won't seem quite so impossible when you grow up and get a job.

crispi sahara

dont post if you're retarded user christ

Boomer tier insult lmao. Thanks for my daily dose of cringe dad.

Mate I work 60 hours a week and have to push my luck on my gas tank for payday, $300 isnt cheap to some thats almost half or most of a paycheck

Ever heard of a ecwcs lvl 5?

You mean stuff like this? I’ve got like 50 of them. My local Airman’s Attic practically throw these away, so I take a lot of them. Usually they donate old camo to the homeless, but since this is still in service they can’t, so they just toss it.

Attached: 60925D09-7089-4E93-943E-576711A8044F.jpg (3024x2990, 2.44M)

fake and gay

>its okay to wear a fucking gorka in hot environments

I guarantee that you haven't worn your suit in actual hot temperatures. Dress in fucking layers for gods sake, so you don't need to wear gorka pants when its hot out. Jesus Fuck

is that Bars gorka? how do they hold up?

That is peak /aesthetic/

have you ever had to hump in a gortex suit or something similar? They fucking suck balls. Yeah it keeps the rain out but it traps all your nasty sweat inside so they become basically useless if you are doing anything more active than a brisk walk with no ruck.

Unless its below 50 degrees Id rather just be wet than be running around in what is essentially a garbage bag sweat suit like wrestlers in the 80s

No, but I have a grey level 7 parka that's pretty slick. By slick, I mean it's bulky as fuck. It's like wearing a sleeping bag, but its featherweight. I bought one of the Canadian combat parkas too, and the level 7 jacket fits underneath quite easily because it squishes down.

Gorkas aren't made of gortex

You can't move distance at speed in gortex
You over heat like a mother fucker
You wear your gortex shells for sitting about pisswrapped on sentry, the second you have to move over 500m you take that shit off
People who think gortex is some magic material are the same retards who wear there fancy gortex socks on a ruck and ruin there feet

MANLET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: wmlq9ji3v3xs.jpg (750x1000, 1.02M)

Want to know the great part about being an American in a world where both the US and Russia is a morally bankrupt arms dealers? You can arm yourself up like you're going into Baghdad at the height of the war and nobody can stop you.

>is a morally bankrupt arms dealers
*are morally bankrupt arms dealers. Fucking hell I need to sleep.

I dunno, but I like mine. If you've got 150 bucks to spare, pick one up, they're comfy.

Attached: IMG_20190519_193134104~2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.23M)

youtu.be/E6wlf6d5ops

Caлмa Maлeйкyм

>he doesnt wanna be a hoborator

Russia isn't exactly a dry place...

>consume kebab