Losing friends over guns

>Be me.
>Bump into friend I haven't talked to in a couple years.
>Used to hang out with him regularly, but we drifted apart.
>Hadn't fought or anything, but feel like I did something that had bugged him.
>Approach him and try to strike up a friendly chat.
>After a couple minutes of shooting the shit, I get the idea he doesn't want to talk.
>I just cut to it and say that I'm sorry if I did anything to make him feel uncomfortable with me.
>He tells me it's the guns.
>Says that my interest in them contributes to mass shootings getting worse and worse.
>"It's natural that we should drift apart, user."
>Tells me he has to go, and leaves.

I'm so tired of being seen as evil for partaking in a sport I have fun with. I've lost probably half my friends like this who used to be fine with it and maybe even a little interested until the 2016 politics ramped up. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't hurt. I'm just so fucking tired of the politics.

Tell me your stories of losing friends, family or even lovers over your interest in guns, Jow Forumsomrades.

Attached: 1549767444462.jpg (677x520, 217K)

I lost a good lay because of that.

It don't feel too good, but hanging around people that feeble and fragile can't be good for you in the long run, right ?

Attached: nigga bruh.jpg (245x237, 9K)

A real man never feels sorrow for losing a weak, soiboy "friend."

Attached: 1560170930437.jpg (1357x960, 103K)

user, WE are your friends, and we will never leave you, because never forget, you are here forever

He wasn't worth your time user. I know it sucks, but a person like that would only be toxic to your well being. At best they'll silently judge your hobby despite the fact you're a law abiding citizen. At worst you have to deal with them sperging out on you constantly and wearing you down, while telling others how "bad" you are.

That fucking sucks, but if he's going to treat you like that just because your political views on firearms ownership don't line up, then you're probably better off without him around.

My friends keep tellit me I'm a cuck for not buying a 6.5 creedmor upper for my ar-10

And I just tell them if they don't sell it at my Walmart I have no interest in shooting it

Sounds like you need new less gay friends

You don't need people like that in your life user.

why does he even know about your guns?
that's your first mistake.
Take your profile pictures of you with your raifus down.
The more people that know you have guns the more likely you are to get robbed, swatted, red flagged, or get your dog shot.

>talking with friends about taking them on a shooting trip
>they seem legitimately excited, if confused
>last week happens
>not a word since
I'll try again in a few days.

Attached: 1535129836280.jpg (200x350, 91K)

Then you will continue to miss out. That being said 7.62 definitely is the more available round.

I went to EMT class with quite a few anti gunners. Everyone was professional enough to not bring politics into the classroom, but some shooting happened and the next day it was a topic of discussion and they were basically talking about all guns should be banned. They then remembered that I not only shoot for sport, but I make a living from guns, so they sort of changed the topics. The class on GSW was pretty stupid though. The instructor, while a great paramedic, was spreading some really bullshit info. Ballistic tips explodes? come the fuck on He even claimed that his buddy that runs a gun smiting business help make the presentation.

Luckily all of my friends are either super pro guns, or don't give a shit because they aren't Americans. What is dumb though I that I work at a gun company, yet some of my co workers, while not anti, are perfectly fine with restrictions like AWBs and shit. Dudes, we were almost out of a job because a state level mag ban was almost enacted and it had no exemptions for manufactures.

With this state now having red flag laws, I don't even mention guns to people anymore unless they already know I own guns.

A real friend can look past political differences and interests, and still value your friendship and continue talking to you. Look for more people like that.

Similar story
>wife has cousin who's about 10 years younger than us
>always paled around with this guy in his late teens and early 20s
>hasn't been coming around as much last year
>comes by about a month back
>got a job out of college working for some political group
>from the talk it's some DNC affiliated thing
>ends up ranting about how firearms are terrible
>point out how much fun we all used to have fucking around into the woods and at the range
>get indignant about it says that I was pushing him when he was young and impressionable
>get a bit pissed and point out it was him begging to go and how much my wife and I enjoyed the time as family
>repeats about how I'm pushing young minds into violence and perpetuating oppression
Keep in mind my wife is Colombian, and I've never said one word about race since ethnic girls are my jam
>get butthurt and tell him to get the fuck out

Just sad really. I thought about calling him but my wife thinks it's a lost cause. Gotta say I'm pretty sure she's right.

I was kicked out of my dungeons and dragons group
>group text thread
>guy in group just starts going off about assault weapons and how they should be banned
>other group members agree
>they don't understand full vs semi auto
>I point out that full auto is already banned
>they gang up on me asking if I approve of people having AR-15
>I post picture of my AR-15
>they kick me out of group because they no longer feel safe
Oh well. Bunch of fucking lefty nerds anyways.

I had been seeing this really nice and cute girl for a few months. It was all going well but all the while I’m nervous because the matter of guns hadn’t been mentioned once and I’ve heard stories before like this very one I lived. We are out on a hike in the Nevadan mountains and I’m carrying a 9 millimemer glock iwb since I dont have a 10. We’re shooting the breeze, talking, joking, plying tag and generally fucking around between calm moments and out of nowhere she starts getting distant and sort of fidgety. I ask if she’s alright, if she’s feeling well, maybe is hungry or needs some water. She keeps saying no to these things and is growing more distressed so i stop and let us walk for less than another ten minutes before she turns around and heads back. At this point I am playing back everything that happened and that was said up to this point and am at a complete loss for why this just begun camping trip had gone to total shit.

Imagine being a grown man and getting upset at guns. user, your ex friend is a raging pussy. Are you sure there isn’t a cunny between his legs?

you'd fit into my group just fine, we clean our guns while we play.

Your friend wasn't really there to have your back from the get go it would seem. Don't mourn someone who didn't want your company. You'll make more friends.This

When I camp with my wife and kids the Mrs remarks she feels so much safer with me armed and around

>Is upset that he can't surround himself with the same kinds of people who will give him shit for his sex, gender, religion, politics, or anything else that they're small brains think are bad.

Id listen to the wife on that one

Right

I didn't lose them. I cut them all out. Why lose moments of your life you'll never get back for bunch of limp wristed pussies that gonna be a bunch of dicks to you and automatically cast you as some maniac cause they themselves have no self-control and can't be trusted near weapons?

Use that extra free time to get fit or some other self improvement. Be the chad if you aren't already the chad.

He was impressionable then and impressionable now.

I bet you this guy has black and white morality. Before he thought you were Jesus, and now that he suspects you're not Jesus, you must instantly be Hitler.

It's just Jesus and Hitler, that's all the world is to people like that.

I went camping with a GF years ago.
>She was never cool with guns
>asks for something
>I say it is in my backpack sitting there
>she opens bag
>finds 9mm in holster in backpack
>freaks the fuck out
>fast forward to that night
>sleeping in tent
>hear something outside tent
>animal sniffing around perimeter of tent
>I tell her to calm down, it sounds like a coyote, there are no bears are here
>she demands I get out the pistol and go investigate
She went from totally anti-gun to 100% pro gun as soon as she was scared for her safety. I never let her forget that.

I run two cyberpunk games a week, so we've never had types like that. We've had communists though, but cyberpunk breeds types like that.

You must've printed or something, and she got spooked because she didn't totally trust you or something? I can't speak for her, but I think it's a combination of having a gun on you and being in a remote location scared her. Possibly, just check in with her again at some point in the future.

lmao what cucks, you'd figure a bunch of guys playing murder hobos who have access to some of the most restricted and limited abilities in the game would be more for guns.

It could be something else you did. I mean if you can't prove it's guns, it could be all kinds of things. Bad memories, you touched her ass by accident, she's on her period..Who knows.

I mean honestly, not him but I don't think she'd freak out that bad if he touched her ass by accident, they've seen each other for a few months, so she'd probably at most give a clear "not interested" message before deciding to dip. Period and bad memories are valid though.

2/2 the power went out between posts sorry anons

I dont want to irritate her anymore though but the silence is so unusual and out of character when pitted against all our past times together that i make some small commentary on our surroundings. When we get back to my car she doesnt get in and instead sits on the hood and stares out over the land below in silence and i sit next to her, causing her to get a little tense. i scoot away and she sighs, she finally speaks and she sounds like a total hollow stranger with just all the disappointment you can fit in a person. she says she saw the gun and wishes i’d warned her at the start i was one of “those people”. I immediately knew my shirt must have failed me at some point and countered her with i’m the same me i was during all our time together, the gun doesnt make me any different. i am me plus a pistol, but still me. she said she didnt want to bother with trying to “fix” me if that was my view and i knew then this was most likely irrecoverable. i head around the car and get in my seat, tell her i’ll just take her home, risk asking if she’d want to still hang out later, decide ‘fuck it’ and ask if she wants to try it already knowing her answer and i put my music on until i drop her off and head back home to chill and feel empty alone, but i told my gat i knew it wasnt her fault and between me and the 9 the glock was here first

She was hot and cooked and sweet, just too fucking sweet apparently. Her bitch mother should have clued me but i wasnt seeing any signs of it in this girl. surprised but not 100% at least, the greens i read earlier on this got me at least in a mindstate i could psyche myself for this just in case

What really annoys me is that they all play Destiny together and love FPS games. But then real guns are all scary and evil to them.

Some people just live in a bubble and think that nothing is ever going to try and harm them.

Could be she was about to puke the whole time, could be she had a dream where he cheated on her.

Men can irrationally want to fight you because they feel small out of nowhere, but women can flat out just lose their shit or run away out of nowhere too.

how do i get a Jow Forumstg/ friend

Destiny is a shitty FPS.

Probably stereotypical lefty nerd behavior, they're scared of actual personal responsibility and/or project their all to common intrusive thoughts of violence on other people.

What a shame user. It's fine though. Could be worse, you could live up in RI like me and be utterly terrified about anyone finding out you've got a gun at all, lest you get red flagged and blacklisted by everyone in the state.

In hindsight I wish I would have
>gone out of the tent
>scream at the top of my lungs like I am in total terror
>fire a few shots
>then just silence and don't answer her calls to me
It would be hilarious to see how scared she got. Cunt ended up cheating on me like a year later...

I know the feels

>be me
>be 36
>Have man cave game room in my house.
>play 30k with friends from high school, but also some acquaintances from local game stores.
>7 or so people over for a few battles of a campaign.
>Wife comes upstairs with gun bag (she and I went shooting that morning).
>As she walks though the game room towards our bedroom she says "don't forget to clean this".
>Friends act like it's nothing, don't even bat an eye since they know me, and are also focused on the game.
>Acquaintance from local game store says with a pallid face "user, was that a gun?"
>I say something like "oh yeah, we were at the range this morning, we were sighting in a new scope I bought a few months back", expecting an "ah cool" or an "neat, what kind!?" or simple "oh".
>instead his face goes from totally white with fear to almost beet red and starts packing up his guys.
>I ask what he's doing.
>He doesn't answer, just continues packing up.
>Friends (who know him a little better than I do) start asking him.
>He says nothing and leaves in a hurry.

So now I'm persona non grata at the local game store where he hangs out (a fairly large and good store I might add). He spread some shit about me flashing a gun and being some kind of prepper militia gun nut.

Oh well, Bunch of fucking lefty nerds anyways. Besides, he was fat.

Go to Oats on /tg/

This. Don't make friends with cringey faggot redditors and you'll be better off. They'll just wind up red flagging you and getting you killed anyway.

my parents both share an irrational hatred for guns, trump, america, whites.
It's beyond me quite frankly. I was raised by them so I was a liberal until 2012, but after some college and reading philosophy, political philosophy, history, economics, etc, I realized I was fucking retarded for 19 years.
But I never knew how weird it was until trump came along. They both use white as a derogatory descriptor (despite being white themselves), scoff at examples of American patriotism, and you'd think trump personally raped their respective mothers the way they react just seeing or hearing him. They just seethe all day long whenever there's a "scandal," so every day. And especially since these shootings.
My dad in particular. He's pissed off 100% of the time because he listens to NPR on the way to work, gets push notifications from wapo, huffpo, msnbc on his phone all day at work, listens to NPR again on the way home, watches network news when he gets home, then switches to MSNBC, then puts his headphones on and listens to NPR again while he falls asleep.
They hate that I own "evil mass murder weapons." We fight about it daily. In 3 and a half years of this I still haven't been able to get them to explain why. Why they hate trump so much, why they hate guns. It's not coming from a place of rationality because they literally can't explain it. They just yell about nothing in particular like "he's stupid."
I turned on Tucker Carlson once just as an experiment and they both ran screaming from the room within 5 minutes.

I blame the media 100% for all of this. The arguments, the destruction of our broader community, every act of violence inspired for political reasons, the social isolation, destruction of families.
We were all doing fine for years, wvendors with the Internet and social media. Then the legacy media started to realize it was dying and fucked everything up.

Look around on forums or discords or whatever relating to the more Jow Forums tabletop games.

Historical Minature Wargames
Ops and Tactics
GURPS (Specifically tactical shooting or at least games with a realistic bent)
Phoenix Command (if you're a fucking madman)
Twilight 2000
Shit like that, try to avoid the super common systems like FATE or DnD, since both are gonna be filled with people so it's more of a crapshoot. DnD especially being filled with people who only care about Critical Role

Of course she cheated on you. If she was any good, she'd not completely lost her shit at all about anything outside neo-nazi skinhead shit AND she'd have supported you in your gun thing. I don't want to rub too much salt in the wound, but I think you need the type of woman who either carries herself a little more, or openly admits to you that she likes increased security.

I forgot to add, the campaign fell apart because 2 other players stopped responding to our texts and calls because fat fuck convinced them.

I thought 40k had this deep Jow Forums cancer inside of it? How the fuck the guy play this much and not bail out?

>be me
>getting with solid 7.5/10 thicc booty blonde
>we watch movies and fuck all the time
>shes liberal
>I'm extremely libertarian
>we have different viewpoints but we work through it
>find out she doesnt like guns, had two people break into her apartment in college and a friend got murdered in the robbery via handgun with all of them home
>understandable
>still fuck and chill
>crush from college starts talking to me again
>me and blonde drift apart
>now have 7.5/10 little booty right wing college crush gf who enjoys shooting
Didn't really lose her because of the guns, but it didn't help either. Now I snapchat her every time I get a new fun or parts. Good friend, could have been more but am happy.

Good question actually, maybe he's ironically okay with it being Jow Forums but guns scare him for some reason? Or he plays Tau or something.

kek
that should be a lefty rehabilitation camp experience. Bet it would be super effective.

You're just being a rebellious teenager when you're 19. If you were a real man, you would throw out half the shit your parents taught you and keep the other half.

Instead, you're like that one goth kid at every high school who has two hyper-christian parents.

NPR is too good for your parents though. I used to listen to that all day at work in the warehouse, had to stop because half the news is politicians being asshats and the other half is warcrimes.

Well, I guess I'll show my own nerdyness here, but it's 30k. Not that the game is much different, but the demographic is definitely older. He however, was probably about the same age as my wife, so 27-28. The dude was apparently just a super lefty who bought into all of the political hype, gender stuff, and whatever other identity politics du jour. In all honesty, he was probably behaving that way to try and get with some /tg/ girl at the FLGS.

Playing addvocate, but I've seen militia types and they freak me the fuck out. It's like a bunch of men who hate the military, despite the military being filled up with libertarians; and convinced that the whole world is laughing at how small their penises are.
When they get pissed, bodies pile up.

>Now I snapchat her every time I get a new fun or parts.
Que?

projecting a bit much there friendo. I never mentioned anything other than politics.

We still get along most of the time. But when they get spun up about politics or guns it's impassable territory, trench warfare.

I've only had two serious players in any of my tabletops, in my entire life. One of them is trans and a communist.

How the fuck was this guy planning to get laid? As far as I can tell, the female player population is very lesbian.

Your parents are my grandparents. My dad is convinced everything is a leftist conspiracy and he unironically watches Alex.
I have lost count on the number of times I've seen a person and instantly guessed what their parents were like, because people just 180 to the other side.
>philosophy, political philosophy, history, economics, etc, I realized I was fucking retarded for 19 years.
You're 180ing here and it's dumb shit. I bet your grandparents were exactly like you, your parents are like your grandparents. Either that, or it's people being exactly like their parents.

For another game I expect. I know he plays a bunch of various games. There's a decent number of women at that game store. They're either nerdy-cute and a little crazy (either super sheltered/naive or a big tease and probably bipolar) or fat ugly know-it-alls with the personality of a box of rocks.

>trying to speak truth to normalfags
nigger, dont bother, these fuckheads just want to wallow in their emotions and have said emotions validated by the news and the politicians that ram their cocks down their ass year after year, take your cock out it ram it down theirs harder until you rip their amygdala a new asshole and ridicule the very idea of having said emotions

I'd say he's nerd rage jealous that you have friends, your own place to play D&D, and a wife and guns.

literallywhat the fuck are you on about

Thank goodness I'm likable enough that no one leaves me because of my gun ownership. My gf gave me a hard time at first, too, but then gave up and chose to stay with me, anyway. The worst thing is that my noguns liberal friends all wanna go to my house in case zombie apocalypse. Goddamn, hearing that is annoying.

She snaps me pictures of her soiboifriend doing that gay face so it'd be rude to just ignore her without sending things I enjoy also.

D&D attracts women like that I guess. I don't like that system because I feel it doesn't really aid complex plots.

>Guy's parents are liberal
>He believes everything they say without thought
>Almost 20 years later he finds a crack in their logic
>Suddenly everything they believe is wrong
>Now he's 180ed to the other side.

This is something that happens when people believe in only black and white morality. If something isn't perfect, it has to be pure evil.

>noguns liberal friends all wanna go to my house in case zombie apocalypse. Goddamn, hearing that is annoying.
i had a coworker before that said something asinine like the only difference between an AK and an AR is one has wood so i slipped and explained the real facts and it impressed him so much he went on to tell other coworkers how i was like some survivalist badass and he volunteers my place if any happenings happen. it’s nothing really but i’m on my toes now about revealing my power level again

Are you in high school?
Why are you even on snap?

Yeah. I tried D&D. I couldn't get into it. I thought it was silly that it was so dice driven. Sure, in situations of uncertainty, a dice roll makes sense. But for a laundry list of other things it makes the game really rough for me. I get more focused on making the rolls than enjoying the imagination of being someone else in an impossible setting.

That's all you buddy. The real flaw of D&D is that there are so many clitches that I can almost name hundreds of plot-points you can see from a mile away if you are 10% genre savy. Let's not forget that good is good and evil is evil in D&D.

Sounds like he has autism, frankly.

Attached: 1564855536373.jpg (265x284, 21K)

DnD doesn't aid anything desu, the system is junk from the ground up. Back in 3.5 and Pathfinder it was all about building hyper optimized characters to be relevant, or playing a wizard because they're broken as shit batman wannabes.

Then more recently, you have 5e which has combat so bland because it's built around "Bonded" or "Bounded" accuracy, whatever the fuck it's called, basically the defense values in the game and your attack bonuses never stray far away from each other with the balance being all about low damage and high HP values, intentionally chosen to feel like you're having this epic, long battle that everyone contributes to when all you do is take one attack action and do 1d6+2 damage to something with 40 HP at level 2. The fucking pile of shit has no ability for any real tactics besides really basic positioning and resource management.

you found an axiom you like and are running around hitting everyone and everything with it.
nothings black and white here faggot nobody said anything about doing a 180 you just inserted it so you'd get to use your fun little phrase.

not to be that guy, but d&d is a shit system try anything else for better results.

I mean, by that logic, since my mother is something of a libertarian/constitutionalist and my father is a hard racist republican. I should be a bleeding heart anti-gun progressive liberal.

He's an asshole, that's for sure.

I had a coworker who was a serious survivalist. I would piss him off so much by telling him I was coming to his place when SHTF. When we were alone finally told me he would shoot me if I tried. That shit was no joke to him.

4e?

Maybe, maybe Asperger's. He seemed totally fine to be honest. Made some decent jokes. He was really into the campaign. Courteous, if a little quiet. But he was also at my house and we've only ever played against each other or interacted at all at the store before.

Or he's just a soft person, mind and body, and got triggered like whipper snappers do these days with their new-fangled phones and social media.

>/o/k/ as fuck
>love guns, cars, and airplanes (in that order) also love tanks but those are pretty hard to acquire compared to the other three so I tend to leave that out
>lost a gf and a few friends over it
>gf was turning into a libtard anyways and it was near end of HS, didn't really give a fuck and left her because I didn't give a fuck about commies and she was becoming one
>she used to nag me all the time about owning an SN95 Mustang and why I """needed""" guns
>friends I lost because we didn't agree on politics, and our interests started to divulge as I started getting more and more into guns and cars, and they started getting into handegg and degeneracy

I learned to stop being afraid of my love for these things and embrace the culture when I was 17, user.
Getting into clubs helped me find like-minded individuals who I hang out with now. IDPA brought me a ton of friends, summer leagues got me to meet a slew of interesting people, and car meets helped me grow my interests in cars, and I went from an old mustang to a newer Focus ST (and I love it).

You might feel like you're stuck in a rut now, user. But you'll get out of it. If we fall down 7 times, we get up 8.

Attached: 1557357941244.jpg (1000x667, 123K)

You literally said you believed everything they believe till you hit 19, and now you believe nothing they believe.
Sounds like you're just a clone of your parents.

bullshit man, my parents are different than me sure, but not my diametric opposites, we're just different people.

>Have a communist girlfriend
>She encourages me to get guns
Are you sure your girl was a comi?

>why are you even on snap?
To talk to friends, family, and whores user.

wow that pic is so fucking aesthetic.

I have no personal experience with 4e, but I hear very mixed reviews about it. It's sort of a love it or hate it game.

People who hate it claim the game is too much like an MMORPG, and that instead of fixing casters so they're no OP as fuck, they turned everyone into a caster with their abilities. I've also heard something about poor encounter design, as mooks make separate saving throws and only serve to act as damage sponges and deal chip damage to players. Or mob them.

On the good side of things, I hear the classes are well balanced (too well balanced supposedly, which is where the idea it's built like an MMO comes from), the abilities actually make playing anyone that isn't a caster fun and opens up a lot of tactical depth, and there's a whole bunch of stuff about positioning and terrain that the game takes great advantage of.

Sucks dude, I haven't been there but I know that watershed moment where you do something innocent to you and a dumb bitch turns it into something permanent.

I keep reading over and over again that women want men to act like men. But I feel like the story you told is as old as time. What I think is women want men to be safe a neutered right up to the point happens then they want you to be masculine and dangerous. I think it comes down to a perception of risk. Modern women operate under the assumption they are under none. That is why they dress in the revealing way they do and act just like this woman did. Just stop and think for a second, you are the weaker sex, you have found a guy that is fun, playful and also chose to take responsibility for both of your safety. That makes him a catch.

oh and do tell us, oh enlightened one, how are you in comparison to your parents?

>>>/Leftypol/
Out.

>I realized I was fucking retarded for 19 years.
>Previously said he believed everything his parents did
>Has a sentence where he describes being a clone of his parents.
>Has a sentance where he calls himself a retard for believing anything his parents believed.
???

Have you not listened to NPR and just believe what you hear about it? They're great. Sure, there's some left wing content but most of it is just news and it's the most unbiased domestic source. Of course, every region has its own area so it's alittle different everywhere you go

What about the book of weeabo fighting magic?

> Jow Forums is one person
you're retarded aren't you? I"m not the same guy, I'm just saying you're full of shit.

They once legit had a conservative on and let him argue against comments made by a lot of people. There also was this guy who had his own version of the "Green New Deal" but it was nuclear and he was a republican.

is there a tabletop where i can basically play STALKER with my bros

Damn, that takes me back

Attached: 300px-The_Book_of_Weeaboo_Fightan_Magic.jpg (300x393, 27K)

Did you legit not read the first guy's post?

no I said I was a liberal until I went to college and studied political science philosophy and economics. that was 7 years ago. This has virtually nothing to do with them. Everything isn't teenage rebellion.
A lot of people, believe it or not, actually think about things like ethics and don't just subscribe to a preformed thought system or its opposite.

I did, and I agree that he's probably rebellious, but I also think that you're over generalizing

There is a STALKER tabletop.

Book of Nine Swords is pretty dope, gives martial classes interesting abilities and cool shit, instead of making them "hit thing with sword man". I didn't dip into it much, but I would recommend it to help even out the caster/martial balance. Things I hear people say against it is people say it turns the classes into "mini-casters" effectively, and the most damning problem of all, it's a DnD 3.5 Edition book.

Plenty of actual STALKER games, though outside of that you have GURPS, which is generic and very crunchy, with super good shooting rules. Twilight 2000 which is post cold-war-gone-hot US and could easily be adapted to STALKER and Ops and Tactics which is fairly universal for modern games. Off the top of my head.