Good first time buy?

good first time buy?

Attached: J320104_3QT_OPEN.png (757x600, 303K)

Negative

No but I've fucked around with these and they are a shitload of fun.

Very first gun? No.

If it’s what you really want, go for it.

yes first. never shot anything that wasn't a BB or airsoft gun. want something small, low caliber, easy to maintain, low recoil, forgiving to practice with

Best pocket gun.

Attached: D4433C95-2C89-4687-A0BD-34A1039CE532.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

I had one that always fucking jammed, constantly

Attached: 1528391302177.png (500x374, 152K)

What ammo did you try with it?

GIT DAT RUFF RYDAH, SON

Attached: B52E2929-04E7-4175-983B-BE2E16947892.png (770x407, 160K)

I read something (that could be totally wrong or totally right) that said the chamber on these little guys was designed so that jamming is not very frequent. was I bamboozled?

If all you want is a new, louder toy, it'll work.

If you're looking for something even remotely practical for any purpose whatsoever, fuck no.

Granted it was an old one from the late 80s/early 90s. Tried all different kinds of ammo. In retrospect maybe the mag spring is weak? It's always failure to feed.

I should get it out of the safe and check it out. I just got so frustrated it's been sitting in there

desu decibel level isn't my main concern as this would be 100% practice as well as self defense carry. I am not training to be agent 42 here, so I don't care if it is quiet but I guess I don't want a hand cannon that is so loud practice isn't fun either.

I want one so that my steel framed snubby revolver won't have to sag my gym shorts so much.

Only if you get a .45-70 or larger replacement barrel for it

dont post niggers on this board

Attached: 1554480625111.gif (270x270, 930K)

don't post racism in my thread

Guns are just really fucking loud in general. Get ear (and eye) protection when training, and minor hearing damage as fair trade for not dying if you have to use it for self-defense. But if you want a defensive weapon, get something with a magazine; one round might stop the bad guy, then again it might not. If you want small and classy, I'd point you towards the Walther PP family, no idea what those are going for these days, though.

I have one and they're pretty neat, super comfy cc.
I had cycling issues until I realized it was a bad magazine, replaced it along with polishing the ramp, haven't had any problems since.
Before anyone spreads confusion your frame will not crack unless you have a very old batch, look up your serial to check the year the newer ones have thicker frames.

Why is the barrel like that?

That isnt what he meant user. What he meant is, A pocket pistol has a shorter barrel in the hands of a less than competant shooter it makes it much harder to learn fundamentals. In your hands it would be "a louder toy". Pick up a pistol with a 4 or 5 inch barrel first, 9mm is the baseline for low recoil. Youll have a much better time with it.

That is magazine fed dum dum the mag release is on the grip.

>doesn’t know about Ruger wranglers
You’re really behind the times, son.

apparently it flips up so you can load the chamber directly? I don't know I never held one kek
>minor hearing damage as fair trade for not dying
do you mean for the loudness of the tomcat or just handguns in general? I know I will sound like a total poon but I don't want to degrade my hearing and am more than willing to practice with the necessary protections even if other people don't care as much.
thanks for explaining that, I understand the concept of practicing on 9mm and then going smaller, I have read that as well

Attached: 1b155df22f6ae16d52a1799f777dbae6.png (158x160, 55K)

Barrel can flip up, its part of how the gun is assembled and field stripped. You can put a round in the chamber directly; that is seen as a feature now because if your hands are too weak to rack the slide (woman) you can pop one in and shoot the first round double action.

OP, mouse guns are not great first guns. They're a little harder to shoot accurately because the gun is small and as you can see the sights are an afterthought. .32acp isn't as common as you'd think, and these guns are good at giving slide bite.

They're fun guns and neato to have and shoot, but not as you're first starting out. I have one in .22 and they're hilarious (picrelated). But for real, get a full size .22 pistol as a first gun, or a 9mm full size.

Attached: IMG_20190620_233136 (1).jpg (738x551, 105K)

>Stare at pic in mild bewilderment
>Continue to stare
>Look up tomcat
>Look up tip-up barrel

Wait, it's a break action semi-auto... the fuck?

see The barrel stays fixed in place when you're shooting it. its direct blowback semi-auto.

Sorry M8, Heritage has already established themselves as the 22lr cowboy larp go-to pistola

thank you for that review user, all good points taken. I assume you would recommend a pistol over a revolver for first timer as well? I am a firm believer that I need to just go to my local store and find what feels the most comfortable and the best fit. I don't have the biggest hands as far as men go

In general, firearms are very loud. As in one round can (though not necessarily will) result in permanent hearing damage if the user (and those nearby) doesn't wear ear protection. I left out the word "accept" before "minor hearing damage as fair trade for not dying" in my previous post, unless you plan on spending the rest of your life with earplugs in. One mag dump to save your life isn't going to fuck your ears all kinds of up, but it might produce noticeable results on a hearing test.

Clarification: Will not PERMANENTLY fuck your ears every kind of up, but the initial ringing will be rough.

I don't like making the recommendation of a pistol or revolver. I'd just suggest a full size gun you like and will actually shoot and afford. A full size 22 is nice because they shoot just like a pellet gun. No recoil, decent accuracy. A full size 9mm like M&P or glock is similar, it has more recoil, but isn't hard to shoot by any means. A 357 GP100 or 686 can shoot 37 specials, and because the gun is heavier has similar recoil to a 9mm. If you like it more than a semi-auto, then go with that.

My best suggestion would be to find a local range that rents pistols (they won't rent to you if you come alone and don't have your own gun) and try a few out. Usually if you chat with them for a minute and let them know you're just unsure of what you want, they'll make you buy a couple boxes of ammo and let you try a couple different guns. Similarly; find a buddy that has a whole pile of guns and try his for the price of ammo.

Fuck off

I am just a little nervous to do so, go to my local shop I mean. I will at some point when I have shed these juvenile fears. But unfortunately I don't have any friends or open space to do something fun like that. thanks for the pointers

>4.5 inch barrel
>22lr colt-style revolver
Why?

Just get a Beretta/stoeger cougar. They're around 300 and are actually practical. Stoeger is a Beretta subsidiary.

Attached: beretta-8000i.gif (320x240, 18K)

Nigger

baste

You are not meant to rack the slide at all. It's not about being weak. The manual just tells you that using the tilt barrel is the intended way to load or clear the gun.

I don't know why he's even talking about noise. Just wear your earpro when you go to the range like everyone else. Get a pair of earmuffs that are rated for shooting and double up with some earplugs if you feel like it.
Obviously if you have to actually fire your weapon in self defense hearing protection is he least of your worries.

Anyway, the Tomcat is a good gun (provided you RTFM and use the right ammunition) and it makes a good CC choice, but probably not the best first gun. As other Anons have said, a full sized or compact 9mm is probably your best bet. Guns are really cheap right now so you can probably get yourself a used Glock, S&W, or Sig for $500 or less.

The tip-up design makes for a decent little pocket-gun. I used to have one in .22 that I liked a lot.

Not a good first gun though, the frame is too small for most purposes and you really want something a bit more versatile for a first gun.

Mine won't even cycle.

Attached: 43257232_142648880023131_8960373219177529344_n.jpg (720x684, 39K)

They're pretty cool and fun, but a dumb choice for a first gun.

Probably the magazine

Probably the magazine or the wrong ammo. If you use meatballs that are too spicy or heavy they jam.

I can't recommend anything that is a niche weapon like a pocket gun for a first time shooter. You'll be able to overcome
>bigger weapon
>larger caliber
>dirty
>higher recoil
with minimal training, which is something you absolutely need to be doing in order to be a safe, responsible gun owner who can effectively use their weapons.
If you're disabled in some way, and simply cannot handle a larger weapon that fires a larger caliber, I still can't recommend getting a pocket pistol. They have terrible ergonomics compared to larger weapons.

These weapons are intended as the backup to your backup weapon. It's not something you should be staking your life on unless you absolutely have to.

I had one. They are a fucking blast

>.32 ACP

A gun that you practice with and enjoy shooting is more deadly than a large caliber gun that you leave at home because you dont like shooting it

Attached: FE0524EB-8FE5-494F-8775-A4D71AF15BD2.jpg (240x322, 18K)

>You are not meant to rack the slide at all
Thats wrong, but okay.

Granted mine that jammed all the time is .25ACP

Attached: 92E62EF7-D3B8-4D14-8AF7-CEC48F0ED432.jpg (1082x1365, 87K)

22lr revolver matey. The Tomcat is overpriced considering it's a chunky ass metal 22 with a 2" barrel and Taurus makes two versions of it at half the price.

Bases and redpilled

Attached: 1562355199940.jpg (640x635, 58K)

Why would you buy a wrangler when rough riders look better and are functionally the same if not better?

Attached: 1528075931807.gif (500x281, 2.88M)

They're awesome

Attached: 21a.jpg (879x594, 86K)

based

Fuck off

Don't bother shooting anything but CCI Stingers out of it. They are extremely reliable in my experience. Load the mag one short if you still have problems

.32 ACP might be in the top 3 all time body count cartridges.

Sweet, ive been thinking about getting a new tape deck.

Pic related should be your first gun. Way easier to hit shit means more fun. Also 22 ammo is way cheaper.

Attached: Ruger-10-22-4.jpg (800x400, 27K)

Wranglers are definitely a notch better than the ruffies. I haven't seen one with a 22 mag cylinder though.

A gun with such a short barrel and tiny grip is not going to be good to learn marksmanship with.

If you want a .22 pistol for practicing with, get a Ruger Mk III or IV.

It's better to get a bigger gun for your first, especially a pistol. A full size 9mm or 45 is a lot mroe forgiving. Even then get a rifle.

Peak Jow Forums incoming

Attached: 1564021175461.png (392x464, 293K)

Agreed