So I finally took Jow Forumss advice and got a waser 10 but I’ve heard some surplus mags have problems fitting can...

So I finally took Jow Forumss advice and got a waser 10 but I’ve heard some surplus mags have problems fitting can the komrads give any advice on brand or surplus mags that work well with it?

Attached: 686F4DBE-BB52-4A27-B4EE-7CC9A513027D.png (750x1334, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatacountry.com/ak-47romanian75-rounddrummagazine.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just get Tapco Slabside AK Mags, the orange ones look great and they work great too

Have you tried the kci drum mags with it do they work well with it

The croats sgammo sell fit perfectly in my wasr

Tapcos gave me a little bit of breaking in, but I'll also so the orange ones look nice

Surplus mags are the best bet for any AK.

>can the komrads give any advice on brand or surplus mags that work well with it?

Croatian: no
South korean: no
Hungarian: yes
Russian: yes
East german: very yes
Pmag: they work and are affordable but may start to split over time apparently.

Best drum 4 ur moneh: whatacountry.com/ak-47romanian75-rounddrummagazine.aspx

All ak are different and your results may vary.

East German steel mags.

Magpul works great for me.

Newer magpuls have steel reinforcement. Is it worth paying extra for?

I only use surplus yugos and romys and I've never had an issue in my Wasr10.

Im not sure as i only have one unreinforced pmag i never use.

However, i cannot reccomend east german surplus steel mags enough. They are fantastic, all the stength of steel with all of the precision of OCD german engineering. Get you some.

I've used the 75 kci drum
Loose fit but absolutely no problems, cycled all 75

>pmag split
Fuck me really?
I just got a Gen 1

I love German stuff, but as controversial as it may be, I prefer polymer magazines. I like the idea of Circle 10's, but there is no reason for them to be so expensive.

Hungarian ones fit great in my WASR. Surprisingly enough it's the Romanian mag that sticks and wobbles a lot.

>there is no reason for them to be so expensive.

This. Someone could easily make copies of them. Magpul was a good attempt but they still have plastic feed lips and front locking lugs. Probably so they can "update" them so all the idiots that stocked up on them have to buy new ones when they improve one part, then again when they improve the next single part. What a fucking joke, don't ever fall for that shit.

croat mags with bolt hold open followers will fit after you do remove metal removal on the back of the mag

old bakes and new circle 10s fit better in my WASR than standard steel mags

Those new production "Made in Bulgaria" mags have all worked fine for me. The metal ones have a paint finish, though.

I do need to get some bakes

I have a couple of those....they suck.
The ones i have actually needed some fitting to even lock in.

Attached: 20190616_235319.jpg (2000x1129, 544K)

I have a ton of steel Polish mil-surp mags, they work flawless in my WASR.

This, croats are a tight fit, which can be a good thing if you don't have mag dimples, but they're pretty sweet. They have a BHO with a plastic follower so it doesn't beat your bolt to shit, and they're pretty thin/light for steel.

Do Polish mags work?

I have used dozens and dozens of different surplus mags in my old WASR and none of them had fit issues. The days of excessive mag wobble are gone and a little wobble, especially on an empty mag, is normal for AKs.

Anything milsurp is going to be great.
Cant go wrong....unless you get a mag for the wrong chambering.

Attached: 100_0259.jpg (1200x480, 283K)

that's one smexy ak, aint gonna lie
reminds me of the AKMS

i mean AKMS-MF1

nah that ak is a piece of shit...nice furniture tho
in that pic theres:
2 romanian
2 polish
1 chinese
1 molot
1 unknown
1 korean which are fine but the welds are different and the metal is thinner

Attached: metro-as-FUCK.jpg (1200x441, 217K)

Gen1 ak pmags, are meh, the second gen M3's are expensive but reinforced with steel, and magpuls polymer is the industry best.

I Use steel reinforced bulgarian mags with my AK, and cirlce ten waffle and beryl mags.

I hope their polymer really is NASA approved, because the feed lips, body, and front locking lug are made entirely of it. It's going to get chewed up, it's going to bow out if left loaded, and it's eventually going to break. Plastic mags are an American planned obsolescence thing. They're good if you recognize they're disposable.

The steel reinforced bulgarian polymer mags are basically this.

How much does KCI pay you to post this?

Just open up the magwell with a dremal until they fit, don't rush it, slow and steady, basically just polishing until they fit just right.

they haven't sold single stack wasrs in decades boomer

bad time to get into the ak game.
everything is either no longer imported or banned.
for mags, check out the new bulgarian steel mags.

the bulgarian slab sides with steel locking lugs and feed lips are excellent. Quite a few videos showing they perform very well in torture tests.
basically justasgood™ as the ((10))
Only problem is that they look identical to a whole host of other shittier polymer mags also made in bulgaria. Can be tricky buying the correct mags, and making sure the correct mags are shipped to you.

How can I tell them apart?

impossible from pictures.
need a magnet.

True, but they don't justify their cost (in the states). You don't save enough weight to justify them being 6x or more the cost of a stronger all steel mag. No BHO either if that's something you like.

Again someone just needs to copy them with a domestic version. Magpul pretended like they were attempting this, but they left critical points plastic so that they could "update" them in the later gens. They knew what they were doing.

check ranges, they usually have a wasr10 for rent and only the one magazine, which usually ends up being a pmag. I've seen a pmag so split at the top near the locking tab i could slide a round through the gap, but in all honesty in still fed 100%

the fully steel reinforced bulgy polymers are 14$.

Where did you park your time machine, future boomer?

Link?

they're everywhere.
just go look on cdnn or gunmagwarehouse

whops,
was meant for you

Cdnn?

Eh, never really liked the completely flat ones. I like there to be some gripping textured design.

Are WASR 10s actually any good? I refuse to set foot in AKG because it's terrible and I hate it.

WASR10s are sadly some of the only rifles under $1000 worth buying.

Old ones no
New models yes

Op hear it’s my first ak and I don’t have anything to compare it to but I like it

They're good.

Don't get a zastava, don't get amerishit (though it seems like the US market is finally improving). If you want to drop a bit over a grand, Saigas and Veprs are still around. Those are the highest quality AKs, arsenals are third best but I've always hated them for their jewry. They've been charging over 1k for an AK even since the good ol' days when Russians were $300. Absolutely ridiculous.