I just graduated basic. Why do I feel so depleted?

I just graduated basic. Why do I feel so depleted?

Attached: 1533028164985s.jpg (250x221, 10K)

>Joining Isreals foreign legion

Because you’ve been doing nothing but standing in line and filling out forms while being sleep deprived on a strict diet. You’ll feel better a few weeks out, and start to regain your personality in a few months

I put on 17 pounds. Still dropped my mile and a half by 30 seconds.

Bump

Because millenia have been spent figuring out how to make you take orders from someone with no idea what they are doing and no interest in your personal safety and it turns out burning you out is the first step.

Holy shit I lost 10 lbs, and my mile time was better going in than when I left

9:10 ---> 8:40.

To elaborate, I find it hard to derive pleasure from activities I used to partake in—not jazz music, walks, nor reading. Have I changed that much?

How fucking old are you? I need an 8:30 mile pace bare minimum, and I'm 30.

9:40–>10:00

No, you’re just a little conditioned from the military indoctrination and are having a hard time differentiating your military bearing and causal behavior. Believe me, it goes away and you come out a better person as long as you aren’t a total shitbag already

This is for the mile and a half, so I am running like a 5:47 pace.

Because you know you haven't done anything yet. You've only checked the first box that literally every other soldier has done. You haven't even done your ait yet. Sure, a lot of kids around you will feel special, but they're retarded.

Wait until you've knocked out a couple years. You'll have done something worth remembering by then, even if it isn't some amazing war story. It might be taking an armored vehicle off a jump, getting away with drunk shenanigans, finding and fixing some issue in paperwork that saves your company headaches they've been having for years, etc.

It'll be cool eventually, but yeah, right now you aren't even at the level of shit.

What's your mos?

That is very reassuring. Thank you.

Np fren

Attached: 4E88C669-CDA9-4024-A0F9-F8BD52293BE3.jpg (460x300, 43K)

>Why do I feel so depleted?
you finally realized that you made a massive mistake

Attached: 1536269052188.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

Oh gotcha. That makes sense. Chairforce or navy fag?

>I just graduated basic
No one cares. You are aimless. You didn't join with a genuine gameplan and plan on floating around like a retard for your entire existence.

You have no schools you are interested in
You have no degree plan that you are actually acting on
You haven't read any of the regulations that tell you what you need to attain the ranks you are interested in
You aren't looking into what you need for your warrant officer/OCS package

You are aimless. And you likely always will be. Your story is boring, move along.

Attached: 1565047994772.jpg (1080x1350, 238K)

Brah can I buy MRES off you
I’ll buy bulk

what an embarrassing post to make, no doubt you made it with a smug sense of self-worth you don't actually have because you're a loser.

Attached: 1495003344996.jpg (421x421, 62K)

>Here, you posted the wrong pic
While you live what you just posted I’ll enjoy the military giving me a STEM degree for free

Attached: 8F3D6323-B57F-4332-989A-0F389D30EB33.jpg (479x720, 40K)

Basic training for one of the Academies. I won't say which one. I'm not an enlistee.

How did you get the Military to give you a STEM degree for free?

NUKE pipeline is 90 credits transferable units + GI/Montgomery bill

>IN CADENCE

Attached: 1496715170175.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Oh, so it wasn't free. It was a benefit for a contract that you signed and you had to provide 3 years of service to get eligible.

Also what school did you go to where you got the full 90 credits?

>transferable units
oh golly gosh. you know most schools won't take those creds, right? they do this for all military schools, they find a school somewhere that will take their coursework as some sort of credit and then tout it.
you'll find in reality, pretty much zero schools take those credits.

This.
You’re being delusional user.

Trade schools will give you nearly full credits, while state colleges will take around 10-20. Regardless, the GI/MG bill will be enough to finish schooling.

As someone myself who fell for the nuke meme, my school actually did give me 68 credits for being a nuke. But the majority were for shit like being a seaman (20+) and Electronics technician. This actually screws me because it ate up all my elective credits as far as the Post 9/11 GI bill is concerned so I gotta be really picky when it comes to picking classes each semester to make sure the govt. will actually pay for it.

If I didn't get a bunch of useless elective credits, I could take classes that interest me, like learning a foreign language and use that as an eligible elective class.

If you want a STEM degree, you still need Calculus 1 to take CALC 2 to take CALC 3 to take Differential Equations. This is just to get into a college of engineering. Being a NUKE doesn't give you any calculus credits so prepare to still do 3.5 years at a University. The only actual useful classes being a NUKE gives you credit for is Chemistry 1, Physics 1, and Public Speaking.
>t. Floridafag

>school gave him 20 credits for being a seaman
what school?

Must be air force

the GI is enough to finish school at any university retard. that's the entire purpose of it. there is no strict monetary amount assigned to it, it's basically an agreement between the feds and the school that your shit is paid for for a certain amount of TIME, aka 4 years worth of schooling.

there are very few times where the MGIB is even worth using, as well. even if you're a texasfag or illinoisfag. if you're currently on MGIB then that's fine but look into it more once you hit the fleet and use the gi bill comparison tool and look into state resources for vets years before you even go to school.
don't get blindsided

University of South Florida/HCC.

interdasting

Dont need a degree to accomplish anything meaningful in life, if anything your just cheating the sysytem or yourself if you went to college, you can learn any number of degrees just by getting your foot in the door someplace you would mind working a long time

I hate to break it to you OP, depending on your occupational specialty, the training environment only gets harder. Basic was a breeze compared to the shit we did in training at our duty stations.

Deployment for a single guy is pretty much the same, except instead of training to do you your job, you are actually doing it. Cut whatever sleep you were getting in pre-deploy into widely varying smaller and smaller fractions.

It will very likely only get worse from here on out, especially if you are doing a combat mos.

Attached: DVC00030.jpg (640x480, 116K)

>You haven't read any of the regulations that tell you what you need to attain the ranks you are interested in
That’s not how advancement works, neverserved. Enjoy paying off your student loans well into your 40s, doing a job that’s in no way related to your degree.

The realization that you are going to die for Israel is kicking in.

stfu boot

why do all of you guys with no intention of going to school seem to think every degree and school is a life of debt and servitude?
yeah shit's expensive, but financial aid and scholarships are generous and even if you had to pay full tuition at the vast majority of in-state schools you're under $50k with a job that pays far more than you'll get out by just doing 4 years in the military.

there's nothing wrong with getting a degree instead of enlisting
t. vet

Let’s say school costs 40k a year. That’s much much much more than it actually does once you include scholarships and grants.
You do 4 years, again this is a number that can be lower.
So you spent 160k on school in 4 years and then you get out and start earning 70k a year for some stem job. Live on 30, pay for the loans with the rest.
Now, please tell me how ex’s fly it’s better to lose years of your life to the military just so they can give you “free” school? The money saved you would have already earned. You gave them some of the best years of your live, employers want young people too.
You are not saving money by having the military pay for anything. You might and probably are, losing money.

>40k a year
that's way more than public institutions. that's a good private school right there. speaking purely of tuition, ofc

i grew up poor in a shitty town and thought college was out of reach. so i enlisted and learned years later that i could've just gone straight to fucking school and had a slew of scholarships due to doing well in school...
i spent 5 years of my life to get the GI bill to go to school when i could've had a degree already and been in the career field to begin with.
not that i regret it, it worked out and i got a lot of valuable experience, but holy shit more people need to know college is not out of reach