Full proof armor

in john wick 3 there's a squad of soldiers with fully impenetrable armor
is that shit real?

Attached: armored swat.png (1796x787, 1.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(2009_film)
personaldefenseworld.com/2019/08/schumer-regulate-body-armor/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5VpHaNySw
dgbakery.site/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

why not?

because a suit of impenetrable armor is a solid cube of hardened unobtanium that completely encases the person, suffocating and immobilizing them.

any gain of mobility or utility or feasibility requires less effective protection.

Impenetrable by what, a needle? Yes I think such armor exists.

Build something fool proof and I'll build something anti-fool proof.

>full proof

Attached: Williamson.jpg (1181x1770, 1.71M)

This movie was Jow Forums and /b/ cel kino at it's finest.

excuse my newfaggrotry, what movies is this from?

there’s good threads about this in quora but essentially it boils down to it being too heavy (especially considering these materials were all funded by militaries for soldiers who are already encumbered with other shit) and also due to lack of materials. Rifle rounds are REALLY strong and their concussion alone can disable a Target even without penetration

Tl;dr guns are too powerful

Rampage
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(2009_film)

>in john wick 3 there's a squad of soldiers with fully impenetrable armor
Only because The Continental apparently only lets its staff carry handguns despite stocking full auto battle rifles. When Wick and the concierge dude break out the shotguns, those tacticool armor dudes got melted.

>obvious visible airsoft
>shitty plastic armor
>this is somehow "kino"
neck yourselves.

Who are you quoting?

Attached: inslee_big.jpg (490x599, 54K)

The armor was resistant to the handguns that the conceige staff and Wick were using.
They weren't impenetrable.
That's why they were getting sliced in half by shotgun slugs.

They probably had full aspect coverage level 4 armour and ballastic headgear.

Specialized swat teams have full body Kevlar but that only stops up to pistol and birdshot.
Probably if you wear a passive exoskeleton you could carry the weight of a suit of armor that includes ceramic plates for the whole body.
Anything more powerful than 6mm is going to zip through that, also too many overlapping plates is gay.

It's a hell of a lot more practical to armor the center body mass, preventing most potentially fatal wounds while allowing the user to still maneuver and fight effectively. Armor on the limbs 'feels' heavier then armor on the torso and is more limiting. Ceramic backstopped with Kevlar or UHMWP to defeat most small arms covering you from shoulder to fingertips would make it a hell of a lot harder to fight.

I think we need fully articulated skeletons for this desu, we need to mount larger and heavier plates. Err. Well on earth anyways, moon side you can get some pretty heavy armour. And on mars you cut 70% of the weight off meaning you might be able to get away with full ceramic plates, now your trouble is getting some manfuacturer to custom make the plates, and build entire sets that can be interlocked like old forms of steel armour

Yes, given that they were being shot at by 9mm carbines and once they started getting shot at by slugs they started dying.

Which leads me to a question, why the fuck did that hotel not have a couple of M4 carbines and a handful of magazines with M995? That's rhetorical, it's because they crawled up their ass with the 3 gun shit.

>full level 4
>killed with shotguns

They probably had full IIIA, maybe no rifle plates at all

damn, I just noticed whole movie was gun restriction PR.
>why would you schizos need military calibre weapon, while john wick could kill his enemies with pistol & shotgun?
shit.

>and now we're arguing about a shitty movie, a power fantasy at that

No it's not real, zoom zoom.

Weight and mobility, mobility can be up to a point compensated by tactics but there is no way to get over weight. Even then big boy armor only gets up to pic related these days and the dude is mostly a shield bearer bullet sponge for a police breaching team.

Attached: Redut T5.jpg (584x353, 122K)

Russians have some full body flak armor.

because if they were truly impenetrable, you literally would not be able to move due to
excessive weight
Having no bends or joints to make the suit "impenetrable"

>fully impenetrable armor

Only to pistol ammo. Steel shotgun slugs went right through them. It was stupid that Wick didn't just grab the galil on the wall at the start. It's something he would take even if he didn't know he'd be going against armor.

My apologies, I have no experience with plates although I do own rifles.
(Guess the country?)

Furthermore I always thought a 12 gauge slug could go through body armour/plates

>Furthermore I always thought a 12 gauge slug could go through body armour/plates

lol, no. shotguns are on a level with handguns. they may do more BFD but soft armor will generally stop them no problem.

Our material science hasn't advanced to the point that current bullets are ineffective against it. It will though, which will trigger a corresponding increase in firepower. Rest assured at some point in the future we'll see fully armored kniggas on the battlefield again.

Attached: 1561955874499.jpg (1080x1345, 224K)

Slugs are designed to deform and dump their energy in soft targets. A shotgun slug is typically made of lead, which is a soft metal. They are also big projectiles. They move slowly. Most armor piercing ammo is small and fast. The best way to get some level of AP from a shotgun slug to either make the slug out of hard steel, or use a sabot round.

Attached: _uss_missouri_original_drawn_by_dakku_ogitsune_521329666665fff3acc41e6dc3de00e81.png (848x1200, 592K)

We won't. Matter always loses to energy.

Gayest movie series ever

one of the north hollywood guys sewed his own kevlar and did a really impressive job and the other one was real sloppy about it. cops did nothing until they got rifles from a gun shop nearby

Yeah, and Iron Chef is a super ninja. Use your brain.

>decided to use pistols against heavily armored opponents
>predictably went awful
WE NEED SOMETHING WITH MOW PIERCIN POWAH
>Goes with a fucking shotgun of all things
Dumbest part of all 3 movies desu

Also, sectional density is as important as velocity. 12ga slugs have awful sectional density

>Russians have some full body flak armor.
Where can I get some?

Eh not intentionally. They market their taran tactical products in said movie and during freedom week in california, that company was one of the earliest selling high caps to civilians. They are good people.

Now I got two guns, one for each of ya.

You may be able to stop the bullet, but there isn’t much you can do about the shit ton of kinetic energy that just impacted your fleshy meat body. Heavy armor really isn’t useful as the idea is to not get shot at to begin with, which heavy armor will affect with lowered mobility on top of all the other shit the soldier/merc/whatever in question has on them. Until exoskeletons become more developed and refined heavy armor is a moot point at best. And if the suits in question were somehow fully impenetrable to where some real fucking NATO wouldn’t be able to make a dent the guy in the suit wouldn’t even be able to move due to the weight or complete lack of any mobility. Those guys in John Wick were able to take pistol rounds, but once rifles and slugged shotguns got into the picture they too got Wick’d.

They likely had level 3 armor. Despite having access to a large selection of rifles that could have easily penetrated the body armor, Wick and the concierge decided to go with shotguns loaded with "armor piercing" slugs so they could make some more revenue for ol Taran. It's a shame because it's a pretty good movie but any shred of realism went out the window when they picked the shotguns over any of the 5.56 or 7.62 rifles.

Thank you for explaining, learn something new every day.

No user, any shred of realism went out the window when John AND the High Table SWAT team both decided to use 9mm ARs.

They were using 9mm in that scene, so yes to a degree.

It wasnt fully impenetrable in the movie, repeat shots at close range did kill.

But the closest historical situation would be Storm-333 when Russian special forces captured and killed a ton of guards armed with SMGs guarding Afghanistan's former prime minister/president

personaldefenseworld.com/2019/08/schumer-regulate-body-armor/ New York is really faggy.

>will generally stop them no problem.
Not really, it stops it, but the slug just pulls the armor along with it and fucks you the fuck up anyway. You need hard plates to actually survive a slug.

Iirc, they were using tungsten core slugs or some bullshit

>Rifle rounds are REALLY strong and their concussion alone can disable a Target even without penetration
Oh fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5VpHaNySw

dgbakery.site/
I remember seeing some field pictures of those suits somewhere but those aren't in any large scale use.

Weren't they using Sig MPX's? And it's not entirely unbelievable that people fighting in close quarters would elect for a submachine gun over a 5.56 rifle when you aren't expecting to run up against armored opponents.

You could probably make some if you were extremely good at sewing and had a lot of level IV ceramic plates and a roll of Cordura. It would literally look like some Call of Duty juggernaut suit shit though and you would need to be extremely fit to wear it, and it wouldn't really be useful for the current applications body armor is used for by state sponsored actors.

Attached: JUGGY.jpg (526x526, 30K)

I'm almost certain he described them as steel sabot in the movie