Go to gun store

>go to gun store
>finger fucking pistols
>dry fire to feel the trigger pull and reset
>gun store clerk says please don’t dry fire the guns
>mfw

Attached: 0F6DE62C-01CF-4727-9B36-048F6F324971.jpg (750x689, 395K)

Then Everyone Clapped and other made up stories.

>outdoor range in middle of nowhere
>no FMJ allowed

why do you people just walk into gun stores you're not familiar with and start fingerfucking shit?
the courteous thing to do is ask first because it's not your property and if they say "no" then say "alright" and fuck off.

Not even joking. Same shop today
>clerk informs me the pistols I am looking at are available to rent at their indoor range
>“okay cool, I’m not gonna shoot today because I didn’t bring any ammo”
>clerk tells me only ammo purchased from the store can be used at their range

Lmao

What the fuck is the point of handling a pistol you’re considering purchasing if you aren’t allowed to feel the trigger/slide/mag release etc? It’s like going to a car dealership and being told you can drive or inspect the vehicle you want to purchase

Maybe walk inside the dealership and ask first before you take a rock to the window to get in.

>he still believes dry firing a centerfire pistol will damage it

Fudd detected

Do you go to a car dealership and hop in the cars, pop the hood, and try to test drive it without asking?
I understand this analogy isn't perfect, but you get what I mean.

If you disagree with the gun store and how they operate then do yourself and them a favor and don't fucking shop there.

Please understand you have Autism and asking before finger fucking someones property is generally the polite thing to do.

Attached: A10FgAWHHUL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1125, 572K)

No you illiterate retard? Ask first you autistic dumbass.

I did ask to to handle the gun. If I asked to see a car, I would expect to be able or even encouraged to open the doors, trunk, fuck with the controls, drive it around etc.

I've seen this too.

Mostly it's just with rental guns and have to buy their ammo to use them.

Why would I ask again to perform basic function checks in a firearm I already asked to handle? Nothing I mentioned causes any damage to the gun.

seconded

Because it's polite. When I come over to your house for dinner, is dicking your Wife/Girlfriend/Sister/Daughter down part of that deal?

Huh, neither of the other two local ranges that rent have ever requested that i purchase their ammo.

Well considering OPs are known to be reliable narrators and you seem of sound mind; for future reference it's polite to ask to handle guns before you barge in and start getting grab happy. Then considering Jow Forums users are outliers in the scheme of things most gun owners/enthusiasts/store owners aren't on the level about most things beyond loading magazines it's a broad field. So it's always a plus if you ask to dry fire because not everyone knows these things instead of you getting in a fit over someone thinking they're correcting you and posting about it online for the 3,743rd identical thread since 2015.

No, but sitting down at the table and eating is. Just seems like typical gun store clerk snobbery/power tripping to me.

that has to be the worst analogy ever made

Ask beforehand, even if you know the gun can handle it, it's not yours.

I had already asked to handle it you absolute window licker. I didn’t reach behind the counter and grab it. Should I ask to look down the sights too? Should I ask if I can examine the fit and finish?

Because it's not yours. Were you _never_ socialized as a child? And don't give me the 4channel excuse, I'm here too but I understand this.

>I already asked to handle
You conveniently left that out and only just now mentioned it.
But ok you asked to handle and fingerfuck, nbd

>gun store clerk says please don’t dry fire the guns
>please don't dry fire the guns
>please
and you're fucking bothered that someone had the gall to politely ask you not to do something in their own store? Jesus Christ.

A great majority of stores/ranges only allow ammo bought in house to be used in rentals. Its a liability issue.

>t. Nogunz who has never even been to a store to look at guns

It's generally not a good idea to flag people in the store. Also typically a good idea to ask to disassemble it before you start beating on it like the aspie you're coming across as.

There's been more "yelled at for dry firing" threads than there are stores in the U.S. It's a bit tiring by now don't you think?

>the dawning realization that you are the nigger
this thread

Why would I buy a gun without feeling the trigger? What’s the point in finger fucking it at all? Might as well buy it online.

Who said anything about flagging anyone?

So take your money elsewhere and don't cry on Jow Forums to a bunch of people that just think you're a gutless faggot for it.

The amount of fuddery on this board is astounding

This is normal as fuck noguns idiot, so some asshat doesnt bring in fucked up rounds and blow up their guns

>dont dry fire muh pistol! you could damage it!

Just because they call you out for being an idiot doesn't mean they're a fudd, nor a boomer.

Take it up with the gun store owner, not me. Tell them why you're not buying from there and then fuck off and go to another gun store.
Do you not have a regular gun store you go to that isn't shit?

Yeah I do. None of the clerks at the store I normally go to have ever had an issue with dry firing, and even encourage people to actually handle the guns. I’ve purchased two guns from them that were priced $50-100 higher than online because they were super helpful.

>not going into fudd gun stores to purposely just dry fire and release the slide on their 1911s
I had one threaten to call the police because I broke the sear on his fancy gay ass colt 1911. I laughed at him and told him if he sold quality guns he wouldn't have to worry about them breaking from normal use.

Reminder that dry firing a pistol is no more intrusive or damaging than operating the safety.

As long as it isn’t rim fire or a one piece hammer/firing pin, then they’re retarded

All the guns I handled were modern, striker fired, and center fire.

Speaking of autists, I like how you had to be explicitly informed that OP asked for permission to handle the firearms. What gun store do you frequent where every gun isn’t locked up in a cabinet or behind the counter?

That's nothing
>go to local pawn shop to look around
>hold up see a Glock 27 priced at $299.99
>shieeeeet.jpg
>ask to see the gun
>do basic function slide release,dry fire,and mag release.
>ask can I break it down to look at the internals?
>"No cause I don't like people touching my guns,if you break it your gonna pay for it"
>"are you even gonna buy the gun or you just showing off you can break down a gun"
>i told her you know what here,gave her the glock and said "I work my ass for the money I bring home every week and I want a gun that I'm gonna spend my hard earned money to actually work,so I can depend MY LIFE ON IT"
>she tells me to get out before she calls the cops and gets her husband

Fuck local gun and pawn shops in only buying Online now.

He doesn't shop at his local neighborhood gun bangers trunk for the "hottest" guns on the scene.

Based

That is something I would ask before I did for sure. To me, stripping down a gun does not fall under the same category of handling that dry firing etc does.

I think all the idiots responding aren't understanding.
He means any guns being shot in their range can only be range bought ammo.
My local gun range is the same way,they charge $20 for 9mm reloads just to shoot your guns.

And I did,i always ask first.

Pro tip for any new gun owners,if they're not willing to let you break down a used gun. They're not really interested in selling the gun and don't deserve your business. Let them go out of business or get robbed who gives a fuck.

I am now dumber for having read this

Top kek

At least he didn't use food or sports

This
OP doesn’t own the gun. Be polite.
It is not an issue of damage, if the owner doesn’t want you to dry fire, then don’t,
OP confirmed for faggot

Based.
They had a S&W "dirty harry" revolver at my LGS they wouldn't even let you touch it.
Why do they do this aren't they supposed to be selling these guns not hording them

Boomers like you make the Gen Z gun owners look bad

Gen Z gun owners make themselves look bad, get off your high horse.

Why even let people handle the guns if all you’re allowed to do is hold it like a retard? If you don’t let people do basic shit to get a feel for a gun what is the point of even owning a brick and mortar gun store? You’re a massive faggot.

Maybe ask first like a normal human being? Try it sometime.

Why ask again to handle the gun when I’ve already asked to handle the gun. Seems redundant.

Because there exist a number of people who own gun stores (typically older) who grew up when dry firing was a faux pas and never learned different because they don't avidly browse the internet and you should understand that instead of spas out and cry about it when they correct you.

This.
Guy above me is gay

>you should understand that instead of spas out and cry about it when they correct you.

And continue the cycle of fuddery until someone corrects them,you're right but wrong at the same time.

This is why no one takes your generation seriously. When confronted with a logical answer you just call it gay and do video game dances.

>gun “experts” shouldn’t have to know even basic operational features of the guns they sell and should instead remain ignorant and archaic for the sake of manners

Yeah, but you know, you observe the forms first. You talk, you chat you wait to be invited to sit down. You don't just park down like a nigger, help yourself to the fridge and start fucking eating anything you see.
I swear none of you faggots has ever had a normal relationship with ANYTHING! Do you just help yourself to a beer in your friend's house? No you fucking ASK first, or you'll find yourself not being invited over.

You're well within your right to inform them I never said you couldn't. Reading is a useful skill to have in life.

>Dats it mane.png

Just because they managed to open a store doesn't make them an expert or even an apprentice. They're salesmen and the item they chose to sell happens to be guns. Most store owners have a smith that does all the work for them.

I know this is a boomer retort but...
Feel free to open your own gun store and let people do whatever.
Gun store owners and clerks are not experts and anyone who's ever dealt with either will know that. The few times they do know their shit, they REALLY know their shit and guns are a big part of their lives. But it's the exception and not the rule.

True,thats why most brick and mortar stores close in less than 2 years from opening.
But I like it that way that makes competition for lower prices and better products.

it's a pawn shop, do you know how many fucking retards they have to deal with? What would stop you from breaking it down and running out of the store with the barrel or throwing the firing pin somewhere? They aren't going to risk it. Also I'd kick you out of the store for saying such cringe shit anyway.

This is without a doubt the dumbest shit I've heard to date.
Why steal parts,when you could just steal the whole gun? Not even monkeys are this stupid.

>I dont support the 1st or 2nd Amendment
Lick that boot while you're down there.

wtf does what he said have to do with the 1st or 2nd?
a store can kick you out for saying stupid shit, it's not unconstitutional. retard.

Hahaha you're screwing with me right?
I'm I getting Punk'd?

Yes but asking someone not to dry fire(presumably from fear of the gun being damaged) is a request that connotes a level of working knowledge about how guns operate. Basically, if you’re selling guns, you should know better. The fact the dry firing causes no harm to almost all modern firearms is common knowledge at this point.

Lookie here son John Browning designed the 1911 not to be dry fired.
Go shoot your tupper ware guns without safetys like Gaston Glock wants you to.

>just because you sell something means you should have an inkling of knowledge about them
Buddy there has never been a car salesman in the history of ever that knew what the fuck was going on under the hood. They're salesmen and usually not enthusiasts. You'd expect even an enthusiast to know that magazines wear from use not compression but that's simply not the case.

>Why won't they let me touch and dry fire a old-school blued revolver.
The reason is you are going to leave finger prints on the bluing and it will look like shit and damage it if it isn't wiped off. The other reason is some one unfarmiliar with revolvers, like you, might dry fire it and leave a score line on the cylinder. This happens because of the cylinder stop drags on the surface. This might seem like a nit pick, but vintage guns with un-turned cylinders command a premium. It is a incontrovertible indication, provided the bluing and cylinder is original, that the weapon has not been fired.
This is the problem with chucklefucks like you, someone say no and you attribute it to them being assholes instead of them having a legit reason.

You're an idiot if you think a store owner (or any private property owner) can't tell you to fuck off because they don't like what you've said.
The Constitution doesn't prohibit someone from saying you can't say certain shit in their establishment, it prevents the government from saying you can't say that at all.

If you're gonna invoke the Constitution at least know how it applies. By your logic you couldn't kick some hoodlums out of your own store.

Quads of truth

because they don't want fucking retards walking in with super hot loaded ammo to kaboom the rental guns and sue the hell out of them

Why are you calling sales people experts?

Attached: retard.jpg (583x337, 17K)

>none of you faggots has ever had a normal relationship with ANYTHING!
>has clearly never had a close enough friend to feel comfortable helping themselves to a beer as a guest

You have revealed yourself as the true autist here

Different user but I even ask my dad for a beer when I visit the house I grew up in.

I do know how to handle a revolver ive owned 3 just not my style anymore.
But I did forget about the whole unturned cylinder thing but still they make this rule to apply to almost all their revolvers,but who cares I don't shop their anymore every gun is $100 over MSRP and shitty selection anyway.

The customer is always right,not the boomer.

No, the store owner holds the right to refuse sale. Unless you want big papa government to exercise more red tape like some bootlicker.

Explain what this has to do with the constitutionality of a store owner telling someone to buy it or fuck off.

Who do you run a store and expect people to never ever inspect the merchandise?
It's not a museum.

>The fact the dry firing causes no harm to almost all modern firearms is common knowledge at this point.
I am going to disagree with you. We all know rimfires end up with blunted firing pins and damaged cylinders if dry fired. However, if 20 people go and rack that slide and dry fire a AK, AR, pump shotgun or bolt gun, parts of the finish on the bolts, mag tube, and lugs are no longer new. They are blemished. This makes a new gun look used. Would you want to buy new car with a dirty interior or scratches on the paint? How about a fitted shirt that had a stain on it?
Use your head, dipshit.

>the store owner holds the right to refuse sale.
I love when I hear this. I had 3 gun shops open up and close all in less than a 1 year and a half.Why? They didn't cater to "urban" costumers or wouldn't help them find what they're looking for just look at them stupid until they left.
Why does this matter? I live in predominantly black city,so these would be his base consumers not the 50 year old boomer coming to talk for 2 hours straight and not buying anything.

So you want the government to have more power over you? Yes or No. Simple answer.

Then those stores sucked. Doesn't change the fact that they can refuse sales.
No one said it's a good business model to refuse a lot of sales, but it's still their right and their money to fuck with. Don't like it? Oh well, give it time and if they suck they'll die out.

meh, should have asked if they have a snap cap.

It doesnt,but they'll shut down and blame Trump and People in the town for going out of business.
When the real problem is the store owner.

Please senpai Yes.

You can now no longer be serviced by locations X, Y, and Z because you are a registered firearms owner. Good day citizen.

What does that have to do with the right to refuse transferring a firearm, besides being a losing business strategy?

you are a rambling idiot