SHTF AR retro Build

howdy fellas, I'm new to gun building and just thought I get some opinions on the rifle I'm planning on building before SHTF when trump wins again. I wanna build a retro ar but chambered in 7.62x39 but my neighbor has advised me against it saying 5.56 is all I'd need. what do you guys think?
>upper:palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa47-16-7-62x39-upper-w-bcg-and-charging-handle.html
>lower:palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-complete-classic-ept-a2-lower-receiver.html

Attached: 8949963_01_colt_retro_ar15_m16a1_rifle_640.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-complete-classic-ept-a2-lower-receiver.html
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ar15-rifle-vietnam-war-m16-style-windham-weaponry-r20gvta1s7-m4a2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

5.56, 30-06, 7.62 NATO (not 39), .22 lr, 9mm, .45 acp, and a 12 gauge. This covers standard calibers in the US. If anything find something you like and stock up. Make sure to have fun with it, then if the boogaloo doesn't happen you have a great hobby you can enjoy.

There's a possibility that nothing'll happen after the election, just business as usual. I just wanna know if it's necessary to build a 7.62x39 AR. Is 5.56 enough for urban warfare/civil unrest?

Call NDS and wait if you want a retro rifle.

.300 blackout?
I heard they make good pistols.

7.62x39 AR is a terrible idea for SHTF. The rifle is not designed for that cartridge. Bolt lugs are known to sheer off after awhile because you have less material to go around that fatter case. If you want slav ammo for some reason 5.45 is a much better choice to put in your AR. Steel cased slav 5.56 is cheap enough idk why you wouldn't just buy that instead though.

It sounds like a cool idea desu

Do it for the cool factor.

If you choose an ar 15 chambered in .223 i also heard that if you want to shoot heavier grain projectiles (70+) that a barrel with a 1/7 twist is ideal, anything slower and the bullet allegedy starts rolling instead of spinning like it should.
Does anyone have any experience with what I just said?

Starts rolling at a certain distance*

just trying to get opinions before I start buying parts. wanna get it right the first time

Just get a 20" in 5.56. The most common ammo you're going to be shooting is m193 and that's the best combo to have. Go nuts on personalizing it once you're done.

Just buy this.
whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx
Then get a retro lower from NDS or Brownells and a barrel from Green Mountain.

I've heard that 5.56 doesn't have the stopping power of the 7.62x39, hence why I'm leaning toward it. Also, 7.62 is dirt cheap from what i've seen

Stop listening to retards. 5.56 out of anything above 16" is fine for even the most air cooled brain owners. m193 works best under high velocities that the 20" barrel can produce exploding on impact. If you're going to get something in x39 you're regulated to at the minimum an $800 AK that has a fraction of modularity compared to a $500 AR.

Anyone that mentions "stopping power" should be walked away from mid-sentence.

Right.. you could kill a man with a .22 short.

That's stupid. They're not appreciably different at the ranges either will be used. If anything 5.56 has marginally better stopping power within fragmentation range. Outside that frag range it still has advantages since it drops less and is blown around by wind less. There's a reason Russia switched to 5.45x39. Now there are reasons to use 7.62x39 but "stopping power" isn't one of them. you want a 7.62x39 gun just buy an AK. They are meant for the cartridge. At the end of the day they're all just slightly different intermediate cartridges. They're pretty comparable in performance and none of them hold a candle to a full power rifle cartridge like real fukin 7.62x51NATO or x54R. Of course battle rifles have their own disadvantages such as being heavy, having more recoil, and the ammo being much heavier so you can't carry as much. Which is why we use intermediate cartridges.

Tl;dr it doesn't matter that much just get a decent reliable semi auto intermediate cartridge rifle. Everything else is marginal gains. I definitely wouldn't sacrifice the reliability of a 5.56 bolt in an AR for some misguided fudd lore about stopping power.

Yes?

Yes, you could. Is there a problem?

This is all new to me so I guess I'll be building a 5.56 AR then.

Attached: 2d4.png (560x407, 12K)

Build both a 5.56 AR and a 7.62x39 AK. More guns > less guns.

It's recommended to lurk at least 6 months before posting.

am poorfag, can only afford to build one.
ain't got that kinda time on my hands. parts'll dry up before you know it.

Then get an AR. AKs are expensive right now due to import faggotry.

That's one of the reasons why I'm leaning towards an AR. I appreciate the advice everyone here has given to me.

That shit's way too expensive. By the time I get the lower and the barrel, it'll be over $800. Might as well just buy the AK.

Yeah, retros cost money. Go figure. Just buy some psa frankenshittery and have sights you enjoy, a heatshield you enjoy, and the ability to customize.

The kit's full of 70s parts so you can kiss reliability goodbye. I'm mainly looking for just the A1 aesthetic, not looking to use genuine parts. PSA's the way I'm gonna go.

Retro kits are reliable? Your biggest issue is the bcg and buying a good one.

bruh just buy a retro m16 from brownells and be done with it

too expensive, want a cheap AR.
I don't wanna bet my life on 40 year old gun parts

It's aluminum and steel, not a gallon of milk. Calm down and research things before you talk about them incorrectly with such conviction next time.

Go 5.56 if you're serious about "SHTF." There is extremely little domestic x39
Also just get a PSA kit and put decent sights on it, if you think a cheap red dot wont serve you well.

No you get it ,you dumb nigger.

Did this recently with psa 20". Just get 556

I know nothing about guns hence the reason of this post. Still, that parts kit is out of my budget. The whole point here is to build a retro ar15 for under 600 bucks.
Yes, am dumb nigger. Thanks for the feedback.

>under 600
Quite possibly the dumbest. Conservatively it's 850 to build your own sans tools to build. Buy a franken psa for $450 and slap whatever gear you want on it with the rest of the cash.

>this upper:palmettostatearmory.com/psa-20-a2-rifle-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-freedom-upper-with-carry-handle-assembly-w-bcg-and-ch.html
>plus this lower:palmettostatearmory.com/psa-pa15-complete-classic-ept-a2-lower-receiver.html
bam, sub 600 mark

A mismatched fucked up conglomeration of parts with surplus furniture tacked on isn't a retro build. If you want an A1 you'll need an A1 upper and lower, 20" barrel to fit the handguards and 1:12 if you're feeling really true. Then misc internals to spec with the rest of the rifle. You're not making a retro rifle, you want to steal surplus handguards from someone that does for that unholy abortion of a rifle that you know, I know, everybodys mom knows isn't an A1 yet you'll still try and pass it off as one repeatedly.

maybe we're all just completely misunderstanding his use of the word retro. he posted an A1 but has no idea how much they actually cost he posted links to a decidedly non-retro 7.62 upper. now we're telling him to buy an A2

I don't fucking know. I just want it to look like an A1/A2. There, happy now?

actually, yeah. now we actually know what the hell you want.

if you're counting a 20" A2 as retro then has your solution

Did you not learn about doing proper research into anything in school? Your cheapest bet is an A2 build. Your easiest bet is going on PSA and finding an upper and a lower with the bells and whistles you like the most but remembering to stay in your price range. Buy it, put it together and go forth with a completed rifle.

>is 5.56 enough for urban warfare/civil unrest

It’s more capable in that scenario than you are.

For what it’s worth, 5.56 > 7.62x39. Just do a retro AR with 5.56 and squeeze in an AK before the big luau if possible. All bases covered and would be aesthetic af

Kk, sorry for the confusion. Thanks for settin me straight fellas.

just because you don't like .40 S&W doesn't mean it's not a fairly common handgun round

your going to end up with an a4 cause you have no fucking idea what you want other than some type of gun

7.62x39 is fine. It's cheap and plentiful and has desirable qualities amongst others. It's not without its flaws. One such flaw is that 7.62x39 ARs are finicky and non standard, it takes away much if the appeal of the AR when much of the internals have zero interchangeability and you will not find replacement parts if any sort of big igloo/SHTF/Civil War/ etc. Breaks out.

>Which is why YOU use intermediate cartridges.
30cal or bust, pussy

Attached: schultzy.png (1083x983, 864K)

so let me get this straight:
you want an AR-15 with a fixed stock and 20" barrel, fixed carry handle, no flashlight, and no electronics of any sort?

Windham Weaponry makes a nice A1 clone that nobody really talks about

Thanks for the link.
I have a spare lower sitting around that needs some attention.
Will probably use a Criterion CL barrel.

I'm just stating the obvious, a lot of Jow Forumsommandos here really go over the top with their builds and gear hoarding, and if civil unrest ever really does happen and one of these kids gets caught wondering around the city in 50 pounds worth of gear, some nigger will sneak up behind him and kill him with an astra cub .22 he took from his uncles underwear drawer.

Attached: 1562190930443.jpg (640x512, 53K)

Saw that the other day, and its over 1000.00$ so that's more than likely why.

Bullshit, I’ve seen it for $750

OP YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:

1. BUY THIS SHIT AND SHUDDUP
atlanticfirearms.com/products/ar15-rifle-vietnam-war-m16-style-windham-weaponry-r20gvta1s7-m4a2

2. MAKE AN A2 CLONE OUT OF PSA PARTS

Either way, your total lack of research and baffling questions lead me to believe that you’re an 80IQ mouth breather who’ll probably ND into his own dik within 49 minutes of owning a bang stick.

Is it possible to make a dissipater build using the m601 ar from brownells?