9mm Carry

Looking for suggestions for a ccw

9mm, cause I already have an 80% g17 and would rather keep my ammo storage simple.

Im liking the Shield, will also look at the 3.5 M&P

goin to a range tomorrow to rent, hoping for feedback on what to try out.

Attached: 52381.jpg (1100x750, 63K)

Try the assortment of 9mm compacts from all the reputable brands that are also in your budget and go from there.

I just got a cw9 and love it. On some models, you have to initially be wary of the mag release, however Kahr has heavier ones and there are guides on how to even slightly adjust the stock ones that had touchy releases. It feels less chunky than the shield (friend's ccw), and around the same as the glock 43 but with a longer grip obviously (other friend's ccw, his xds was nice too, but he got the longer one and disliked concealing it).

Glock 26

Walther PPS M2
6 rd flush mag for pocket carry
7 and 8 rd extended mags for iwb carry.
Glow in the dark sights.
Paid $350 for mine.

Attached: Walther_PPS-M2-_LS_7rd-Mag-2805961-800x800.jpg (800x606, 70K)

Here it is with references

Attached: 20190913_232140.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

Thats a neat looking carry, user.

I do like the minimalist look to it.

If they've got one at the range, I'll be sure to try it out

Thanks senpai! I'm not great at shooting pistols, and I was more accurate with that than my buddy's H&K p2000 in .40 s&w

I typed senpai

Carry the 17.

Well, fuck I guess that's a thing

For quite some time now.

Why aren't you looking at the g43?

Attached: Glock-43-Glock-Smyrna-GA-2-670x447.jpg (670x447, 49K)

M11-A1
P228
P229

Attached: tumblr_mkjnkcviKK1r0qx2zo1_500.gif (500x265, 1000K)

I took a long break and came back for the gun community. Also, I've never typed that one

Carry the 17.

>Glow in the dark sights.
Isn't that just the LE version?

I love my pps m2 and I shoot it really well. They're pretty cheap nowadays, and there are occasional rebates. I got mine basic model for 240 after rebate. I recently shot a 365xl, and I actually sort of like it. Not enough to actually switch my carry gun though, even if it's double the capacity of the pps.

This. Do like Glocks but I shoot the PPS better than the Glock 43.

I'm going to see the pm9 for pocket carry tomorrow, along with the S&W 642. MCarbo makes after market springs that reduces trigger pull down to 3-4 lbs, so I'm excited about both. Leaning toward S&W for cost.

Not really an option.
It's a Polymer 80%, and I don't have it cycling perfectly yet.

I'd rather trust a factory pistol

I CC a Shield. Though I'm not sure I like it.

Best answer in this thread, then run 100rds of HSTs of your choice to make sure they function properly.

What was it that you're trying to say?

I had a 442, which for some reason was rifled differently that the 642 and was far less accurate. It concealed very nicely though. If you look up vs videos of the two models, many people shoot far better with the 642

Yeah it's the LE. It's actually cheaper than the standard version
Glock 43 and Walther PPS are very similar but the pps is way easier to shoot because of the ergonomics and the trigger. Plus Glocks are ugly

>Yeah it's the LE. It's actually cheaper than the standard version
That's weird to me, since the LE comes with what, 3 mags?

I have a shield but I’m going to be switching it out for a glock 29. It’s just an asshair bigger which is exactly what I want and it shoots 10mm

I'm not him. I haven't followed pps prices for a while now, but I've never seen them cheaper. I've seen them be just like 20 bucks more at places like cabela's when they have sale on the LE but not the normal one though.

Yeah its 3 mags and glow sights so I'm not sure why it's cheaper. But it's like a 50 dollar difference and you get more

Fucking weird. Everything I saw was just "different finish." Thanks.

Out of the baby 9mms I've shot

Shield, kahr, glock, etc.

I shot the shield the best.

But I'm from P.R.O.C.

So we dont have access to the newer handgun models

This.
>Pic related.

Attached: 1479788785122.jpg (500x380, 48K)

Glock 26. I've been very happy with mine.

Because he's not morbidly obese and can fit a G26 inside his waistband.

Attached: 1471395880690.png (541x498, 463K)

Fat guys can CC some insanely huge guns.

Well, I have a sub-compact CZ2075, but I'd like something that comes in the same size package of a 1908 vest pocket.

Even .380s don't come this small. C'mon, it's "current year," people.

Attached: vest pocket.jpg (600x803, 82K)

blue label/leo glocks are always cheaper than red label/civilian, cops get a discount

get a ruger sp101 in 9mm

Glock 48 slide on a Glock 42 frame

Attached: 20190907_163821_2.jpg (4128x2322, 3.03M)

>mfw mouseguns arent considered as serious CCWs anymore

Attached: 1568437120008.jpg (198x258, 21K)

Only way to know what works. Sometimes a gun "feels" good but another shoots better.
I'd highly recommend a G26 if you can manage it cause you could share ammo and mags.
Otherwise the top three SS9s are shield, G43x and PPSM2.

Great choice. A bit heavy for it's size but very shootable. Slidestop is in a dumb spot but otherwise agreat pistol.

Even glock knows the 43 was too tiny. They increased the width a bit on the 43x and the difference is acting quite noticeable. I hope they redesign the 43 to accept 43x mags soon.

>and was far less accurate.
It was you bud. The gun is plenty accurate

Sig P365

Both are good choices but a j frame/lcr is better for deep carry, especially innapocket because of its rounded prove.
However, I carried a lcr in my pocket for 5 yrs and now I hate having anything in my pockets now because pocket carry sucks and isn't comfortable. Everybody is different though so YMMV as they say.

be honest with yourself when it comes to size. most people will end up convincing themselves that they can carry a single stack 9 in their pocket, but then they start leaving it at home because it is far too bulky. plus, maybe i am just a fudd but I wouldn't be comfortable pocket carrying a striker fired handgun in my pocket.

Glocks are garbage

SIG p365, I alternate between that and a BG380. Both are pretty small and hardly noticeable. 10 rounds of 9mm for SIG

Attached: g2c-rebate-2.jpg (370x370, 24K)

Sig 365

Tritium sighs, 10rnd flush mags or 12-15 extended, micro compact size and easy to modify with decent accessories available

Anyone have any experience with the Sig 320 compact?

Granted it's not ideal for a conceal, but I'd also need it for ranch work

I like my P320RX Compact, so much so I bought 2. I bought flat triggers (from SIG) and the X Carry Frame and I'm very pleased it with.

I carry my Shield 9 more in the Summer, but it will be replaced soon with a P365XL with the RomeoZero though.

My advise? look at the P365XL and the P320 X-Compact or X-Carry or RX, Red Dot sights don't effect concealment at all, and are a game changer.

I have one. It's a good gun and you can change out the grip module for a full size or subcompact grip. You have a lot of options if you buy it

365xl

I carry a g43 that I love but that xl is bad ass. I’ll probably pick one up myself.

Attached: 3D74358B-DF18-4601-A970-03AC1C4748F7.jpg (1000x723, 105K)

Out from the range today

Was able to try out a couple

Really liking that Shield

The kahr was nice, but the long trigger pull was a bit different.

Tried out the p2000, not a huge fan of double stack, and the pinky hook was I the way for me

thank you guys for the suggestions!

I ankle carry a G26for deep concealment. I it only marginally larger than the G43 and shares magazine compatibility with the G17.

Glocks may be garbage, but they just work.

Pretty great and you can snag them for under $300. The LE sights are a joke but the 3 magazines were worth it. The Glock 43 is not nearly as good.

It's a single stack poly 9mm with the same profile as an M&P compact. There is nothing heavy about it.

Slide release on mine is so stiff I don't bother, which is fine because the recoil spring is easy to slingshot even for a wimpy noodly armed weenie such as myself.

I pocket carry a P938, a buddy has a P365. I would carry either over anything else currently available.

>redesign the 43 to accept 43x mags
And this would differ from a 43x in what way, since grip width and length is already the only difference?

Anyway, the 43 grip is perfect for carry, and tolerable for shooting. Since you're gonna carry a lot and shoot a little, 43L does it for me.

Attached: G43L.jpg (3264x2448, 3.38M)

LC9s. I guess now its replaced with the EC9 though I'm not familiar with it.

EC9s is just easier to manufacture (and ultimately cheaper) because it has machined integral sights on the slide. That's about the biggest difference right there. That and the finish I think isn't as nice.

G26

just carry the 17, I carry a 20 with a DPP, IWB and I'm 150lbs

One thing to know about Kahr pistols, they have very heavy recoil springs. It is not the end of the world, but versus a Glock 19, you have to put some effort into it. Also with Kahr pistols, you cannot just release the slide. You have to slingshot it into battery, at least Kahr recommends you do it that way. I went to the range last week and did it both ways, but I was mainly +1 loading with a loose round instead of putting in a full mag into my Kahr with the slide locked back, releasing the slide(by either slingshot or slide release) and then topping off the magazine. I've done it both ways and it works just fine.
I've only ever had one "malfunction" with my Kahr pistol and it was when I limp wristed it and a new round did not get loaded into the chamber. If you got a Kahr pistol, just be sure to use it and get used to it. It will serve you just well.
t. PM9 owner.

>kahr

THIS

Taurus g2c has 2 more rounds than the g26 and a restrike capability. It also looks better. Taurus made some crap but this gun is awesome, watch any reviews on it. People hate it because it’s so great yet around 200-240 bucks. The only thing is the trigger is meh and you can’t let it get as dirty as a glock, probably clean it every 500-1k rds. Everyone who shoots it says “0 failures”

carrying a cz 75 compact right now, its a little heavy but besides that its pretty comfy desu

Same, got a PCR recently and it's crazy ready to carry with a proper holster.