Why do nations do stupid shit like this...

Why do nations do stupid shit like this? The more I see this the more blatantly obvious it comes that 97% of camouflage patterns and color schemes are just useless meme shit with no real word application.

Attached: 3B62132C-8C68-4057-9845-1EFC7D3336B5.jpg (1000x629, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/autos/story/20160324-the-story-behind-chinas-minecraft-military-camo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blending in for the invasion of Candyland's Cotton Candy beaches.

ive been told that the glossy and bright paint schemes are just for parades, but ive never seen any pictures of modern Chinese armor without that kind of paint.

looks cool
yeah we know it doesn't but third world decision makers dont think that way. it's gotta be unique (muh national pride) and badass.

Because parades and mandatory fun are a big part of that country's culture.

>but ive never seen any pictures of modern Chinese armor without that kind of paint.
Because you’re a shitposter on Jow Forums and you don’t actually have an active interest in the topic at hand.

In an era where most anti-tank targeting is going to be done via infrared and thermal, it really doesn't matter all that much what color it is. Further, this if for an aquatic unit i believe. In that case, in the coasts of China, their pacific islands, and east asian coasts in general, it may be more effective than you would believe

why are you getting mad over paint?

Just shows why you are small time. You simply does not know how high the mountains or how deep the oceans are. You are an American fat mutt that only types on a keyboard while living in your mother's basement. Chinese research and development is the best in the world.

It's so we can't find their tanks after we sink their transport vessels.

>War breaks out between China and America
>America gains an early advantage in naval warfare to the point of naval supremacy
>Full of themselves, the Americans keep frigates and destroyers in visual range of the shore
>Right until the Chinese amphibious tank brigade slips right past their cover and starts opening fire at the sailors on the decks
>No one saw them coming, their camouflage: perfect

but you forget that the tanks wouldnt be able to see the sailors on the deck since the sailors are wearing blue digi-camo themselves. checkmate, mao.

Have you never been to the ocean? Its not bright blue like that, its more a dark blue green.

China is the only country that does this. You don't see any western countries do this save for a few times for parades, which is usually when the Chinese do it anyways. Almost nobody fields armor with camo anymore, it's too expensive and time consuming

NATO still uses woodland on its tanks that arent deployed to the desert.

I've been to the atlantic but I've heard the pacific ocean looks very different from Daytona beach. From pictures it looks noticeably bluer, but I may be understimating the color correct from photos, etc.

Insects perceive colors and shapes differently compared to humans.

Nigga, I get mad about EVERYTHING.
Chicken not fried in peanut oil? LET ME TALK TO YOUR MANAJA!
My underlings not performing unit testing correctly? GET INTO MUH OFFICE NOA!
My girlfriend not wiping the water off of my marble vanity? BITCH THAT SLAB OF MARBLE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN YOU!
My pupper pooping on my rug? ohhh lil' pupper it's ok, here's a treat. Woof!

>Almost nobody fields armor with camo anymore, it's too expensive and time consuming
abjectly incorrect.

bbc.com/autos/story/20160324-the-story-behind-chinas-minecraft-military-camo

>Another conundrum with the modern camouflage design seen during China's Victory Day parade is that the vehicles feature bright blue painted blocks. Why? Some experiments have been done with bluish tones to break up the shape of vehicles against the sky on flat terrain, or for use in icy or snowy areas. “If the vehicles are amphibious then they might have some concealment during their water-based maneuvers, but the trade off for being highly conspicuous on land is not worth having it permanently,” believes Guy Cramer of Hyperstealth Biotechnology. In this case, the blue scheme is likely there for decoration. It certainly made the parade a spectacle, but further muddies the murky world of military camo.

>camouflage patterns and color schemes are just useless meme shit with no real word application.
I mean, ahegaocam is a thing. So I'm sure you can make your own camo pattern by applying words.

Attached: ahegaocam.png (2000x2000, 3.36M)

>this thread again
I'll just copypast my old reply.

The Blue Pattern is due to the fact that these vehicles belong to the People's Liberation Army Navy Marine Corps. Who- despite their name- are not a real Marine Corps (up until 2010s anyway) but are classic Naval Infantry of the Soviet Doctrine. Their job is basically to deliver the army to shore and then fuck off back to their ships.

The blue camo is largely due to tradition: the PLAN Marines used to wear sailors uniforms. When they adopted camouflage, they opted to splash it with blue to tell people they are navy. Its a thing that other Asian commies (and Pakistan for some weird reason) followed suit.

Nowadays however by 2010s, the Chinese reorganized their PLAN Marine Corps as an expeditionary force patterned along the lines of the USMC. Which could mean we'll see the blue camo phased off soon.

Pic related, their old camo back in the 80s-90s when the PLAN Marines ditched their sailors' uniforms.

Attached: Chinese marines.jpg (800x501, 149K)

Please, as if we could see anything besides a general idea of where the ship is to begin with.

>we

Attached: clintonbroken.gif (500x281, 3.88M)

Implessive.

Attached: 1556509425549.gif (384x384, 472K)

Does it work innawoods at all satan?

>Just shows why you are small time. You simply does not know how high the mountains or how deep the oceans are. You are an American fat mutt that only types on a keyboard while living in your mother's basement. Chinese research and development is the best in the world.

Attached: implessive.png (1073x386, 338K)

>this whole post
That's a big yikes

hey man, I'm just an intense guy.

We pakis dont use any bright blue uniforms
We only have a mix of green blue mix for marinish troops because of the delta regions Pakistan has

Good luck with that, Candyland beaches have AT mines and licorice tanglewire, not to mention the Gumdrop special forces are fucking ruthless.

Target acquisition by anti tank personnel is done by sight.

Because thermal doesn't discriminate.

If you are not fighting near-peer or peer.

wtf is this post

/earth/ is just one ocean

>loli shit
>satan
Checks out

Go further away from shore and it's all blue af and crystal clear water

Cringe and shill pilled

Attached: 925E48A2-2C60-4507-9190-A601945836F1.png (640x628, 609K)

Chinese Marines are Naval Infantry. They don't really get off their ships that much. But the Doctrine changed under Hu Jintao/Xi Jinping years and they're slowly reorganizing to become a USMC style expeditionary force.

Attached: Chinese marines.jpg (600x399, 76K)

>their pacific islands
Wait what?

So they blend in on the horizons in China's polluted smog hazed country side.

"Naval infantry" doesn't mean much. Soviet and Russian naval infantry were/are virtually same shit as US Marines, only smaller and more "elite".

best post itt

>The one highly unlikely and in fact against us naval doctrine is the only situation this camo is useful in.
You realize most landing craft Target aquisition is done by spotting the huge amount of thermal energy coming off these targets, it's like a giant flare following the damn things. If they ever came along an evenly remotely prepared beachhead they would be dead in the water as soon as they got within 3km. And that's not even considering the far better optics on literally any us naval vessel that might be in the area. And discounting americ an air supremacy which is a given thanks to the ability to summon enough carriers to turn the entire region into a naval aviation targeting excercise.

You're so full of bullshit it aint even funny
>In an era where most anti-tank targeting is going to be done via infrared and thermal

t. tanker from 2001 til 2013. Fuck you.

>t. brainlet
It means a lot because Commie Naval Infantry aren't organized as expeditionary forces.

They have a similar matte pattern that they actually use for operations. It's still blue, white, and black but it really blends in with the surf. These are naval infantry AFVs, not marines, big difference

What's the difference between "naval infantry" and "marines"?

Attached: man-thinking-small-e1415363287342.jpg (800x533, 180K)

China has built several islands in the pacific

You are trying too hard again, Pajeet.

Target acquisition is mainly done via overwhelming air power, and Maverick'd/hellfired to death

Attached: 1563490214368.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

Shouldn't you be studying right now? Your pops would probably hate it if you were spending all this time in a Canadian college shill posting rather than actually studying.

Attached: Kek.png (398x605, 141K)

>Why do nations do stupid shit like this?
Do you really care or just created this thread for samefagging and shitposting about China?

In the highly unlikely case you are not a total faggot disregard all the meme muh Chyna communism shitposts explaining shit all until now.
Its literally just pick related

Attached: brown face camo.jpg (553x369, 49K)

for pic related

Attached: images.jpg (276x183, 6K)

There's a difference between a meme camo on a uniform as opposed to having it on your amphibious assault craft. You still look like an idiot with the uniform, but you look the bigger one when that destroyed piece of shit is spotted from miles away.

Attached: Dummy Thick President.jpg (404x396, 67K)

Kek they can't even build a proper turbofan for a 4th gen fighter jet.

If you think any country is even within 20 years of US weapons research you are a retard. Consider the US has a space weapon in orbit right now, and hypersonic missles are useless against lasers.

Attached: Thanks Satan.gif (500x211, 878K)

Congratulations, Liu Beng! For your contributions to the People's Republic of China's online reputation, you have recieved 15(fifteen) social credit points!

>In an era where most anti-tank targeting is going to be done via infrared and thermal, it really doesn't matter all that much what color it is.

You will literally not have thermal everywhere all the time, I thought anyone would know this.

What kind of chain of thought could even lead to this level of misconception? How old are you? Do you have any military experience?

Attached: 99810d51 - Copy.jpg (759x492, 77K)

Please as if you could see

I think it was in South China Sea.

nope

Attached: Type 075 LHD.jpg (1182x1080, 263K)

When was the last time the chinks projected an expeditionary force? The further they went was Tibet and Korea lol.

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 31K)

Because Chicom military is a cargo cult. They couldn't understand why America does some things in a certain way, so they imitate it in the hopes of figuring it out later.