Have to move to NYC soon for reasons. I know it'll take up to a year to get a gun license...

Have to move to NYC soon for reasons. I know it'll take up to a year to get a gun license, but I'm thinking about what to get for HD when I can. Quick overview of relevant points:
-5 round mag limit for long guns (including mag tubes), 10 for handguns
-Semi-auto rifles and shotguns must be "featureless" (rifles can't even have a damn pistol grip.)
-No NFA

I infinitely prefer long guns to hand guns for HD, so I'd prefer to stick with a rifle or shotgun. After a lot of consideration, the main one I'm considering currently is a KSG, modifying the magazines to only take 5 rounds each.

Pros:
-Short as legally possible, while simultaneously keeping a stock. (Useful for tiny apartment.)
-Pump so don't have to worry about putting on the wrong "features, turning it into an "assault weapon."
-Two 5 round magazines means a max off 11 rounds in the gun at all times, more than any other (legal) long gun would have.
-I think they look cool.

I see some people complain about KSG's being dangerous and unreliable, but from what I can tell both of these things are easily avoidable if you train and don't use the gun in an unsafe manner (ie don't pull the trigger if your fucking hand is in front of the muzzle.)

Are these issues as bad as people are saying, or is it just people who don't know how to use their gun? Is this a good choice, or should I go with something else?

Attached: Wick KSG.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Just use a flamethrower.

I'm not even gonna read the rest of your blogpost don't fucking move to NYC you deserve everything you'll get if you do

This is the quality advice I came here for.

People have aspects of their lives outside of guns, bro.

Ok sell your personal freedom for whatever shit job you accepted. I hope the money is worth it even though you'll regret it within the year

>People have aspects of their lives outside of guns, bro.

fucking normie, get off my board
REEEEEEE

Attached: 1535058397497.gif (305x205, 585K)

Oddly enough, I was in exactly your situation a while back when, for family reasons, I ended up having to live in upstate NY for a year and a half. I ended up going with a 20 gauge Shockwave (pic related). The Shockwave is *very* controllable in 20 gauge, so a stock isn't really necessary for that caliber, and #3 buckshot is more than powerful enough for home defense. And unlike the KSG/KS7, it's totally reliable. It's really the best solution you're going to find.

Attached: myshockwaveband.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

What exactly ARE the reliability issues of the KSG? From what I can tell it's mostly just people short stroking it, which can be solved with practice and training. Or is there an actual mechanical issue there?

I don't think you should use a gun for that. Just protest the use of guns. What I would do is get a bear trap, those jaw kind of things. Then set them up like a cartoon in likely entrance spots. Then get a sword, like a really outlandish big one. Kind of like a claymore or something to finish them off once they get in. Shouldn't be too hard if they're stuck in one spot and hopping around trying not to scream since that would alert people to their presence and they wouldn't be able to run away from police in that condition. I'm totally serious. Is that illegal? I don't think so, if you're worried about it not holding up in court or police even though you're honestly just trying to protect yourself then use a kitchen knife instead of a sword.

But what if the intruder is smarter than the average bear?

Just hide the bear trap in user’s dirty laundry

He wouldn't be rummaging through your trash then would he? Most people don't get bears breaking into their house for their trash. Volenti non fit injuria. Just take a few home economics kind of glasses about cooking, pick up a nice cleaver or something. Tell the police you don't believe in gun violence.
I really don't think attitudes will change their till they see how horrific other types of violence that will become more common is, rather than protecting yourself in a way that would have been a bit more humane to do with a gun and they start figuring out how stupid their laws are.

>Yes officer he broke in while I was sleeping.
>When I heard the crash, I retrieved my cleaver from my quick-access bedside safe, where I store it in case I quickly need to do some cooking.

im 100% sure NYC has worse laws than that, specifically with (((safe storage))). Theres also the little matter that theres no ranges in NYC that will allow you to practice with a long gun, and its illegal (not kidding) to transport your gun out of NYC for any reason. So youre going to be using a completely unproven gun and youll probably choke under pressure due to lack of experience combined with a minute or more of fumbling around trying to get your safe open. Youre dead if anything happens is what Im trying to say.

I'm going to have a safe whether it's required or not, there are 7 ranges in city limits, and I know of at least a few tr that let you shoot long gun (although it'll all be static shooting,) NYSRPA is currently fighting that law and from what I've seen the outcome is looking good, and dry fire practice is totally feasible to practice not short stroking.

I thought that “can’t transport your gun” law only applied to handguns.

And also, didn’t they repeal it to keep it from getting overturned by the courts?

Fill the draw you put it in with your home economics diploma, couple photos of you in class smiling with a few people, a wet stone, dragon dildo, pasta strainer, call 911 right away. I guarantee you medical people will be totally pro gun anti-knife if they get a few people hacked up with kitchen blades as a regular event.

The city proposed changing it to allow you to take it to a long list of specific places, but NYSRPA is still fighting to get rid of the law altogether.

They changed it and asked SCOTUS if teehee they’d please drop the case now sweaty

I believe SCOTUS saw through their shenanigans and took it anyways, some ody keep me honest

Does someone have the pictures of the /btard who blew his hand off with a ksg?

Basically OP the ksg has a lot of reliability problems due to it’s lower quality and overly complicated design. Sometimes they are hard to rack and in the instance on /b the dude was trying to pump it and the shitty grip broke off and his hand went in front of the barrel. They were able to save his hand but he lost a couple of fingers and has this fucked up lobster boy thing going on.

Long story short, ksg is a range toy and should not be counted on. Even a semi auto shotgun isn’t as desirable as a pump. I would go with a pump shotgun and train with it to be able to reload as you go. Good luck and fuck New York.

>People have aspects of their lives outside of guns, bro
Those don't qualify as people

Attached: Normies_gtfo.jpg (600x718, 76K)

>dont put shitty grip on gun (as the manufacturer says)
>dont pull trigger if hand is I'm front of gun
>problem solved

The reliability is my only real issue. I wasn't sure if it was people using it badly or actual mechanical issues. I can't find anyone actually SAYING what the issues are that cause poor reliability, just that it has issues.

>Have to move to NYC soon for reasons.
No you don't. Live outside and commute like any normal person.

Well it sucks without the grip and everyone puts it on because of that. Anyways though, why not use a “faggoty featureless rifle?” Blast the intruder with a mini14 or use a sick levergun

They didn't even change it, they just claimed they were going to change it, pls dismiss case.

I honestly might. If the KSG is as problematic as people say I'll probably go with a rifle.

That KSG idea is pretty clever, but don't do it. This is NYC, if you're going to obey the law, make sure you're well within it and there's no way they could twist it around and say that both tubes constitute one magazine. They would absolutely argue that in court if they ever decided to fuck you, and they would win.

The hamburger hand issue with the KSG really is bad, it's an incredibly serious design flaw. Most people it happens to are retards who put a vertical grip on the pump that snaps off while they're moving the pump forward, and then the weight of the front of the shotgun makes it dip down and intersect with the path of their hand at just the wrong time. It's avoidable, but it could still happen under other circumstances like if you were woken up by a burglar and just slipped up, and it's honestly unacceptably catastrophic.

Just get a Mossberg 500. Or a 590 or a Maverick 88. Get one that fits exactly 5 in the tube (that's most of them) and be done with it.

I take it you don't live in NYC. The total tards in charge here would rather ban knives than try to legalize other types of defence. The leatherman surge I carry around the city is completely illegal, despite the fact, myself and other blue collar workers use tools like that in the jobsite every single day. Fuck this place, once I leave, i'm never coming back.

>why not use a “faggoty featureless rifle?” Blast the intruder with a mini14 or use a sick levergun
That's going to get banned too. None of the things they're doing has been over turned. After that gets banned just use the next best thing? So that can get banned too.
Just set up booby traps, and finish them off with a blade. It's way less controversial with the other stuff so out of hand nobody will give half a shit.

>move to NYC soon for reasons

Attached: Denzelcringe.gif (680x383, 3.43M)

noncom and keep your damn mouth shut

What’s the point? The reason to have a gun in NYC is self-defense. If you shoot someone with an illegal gun - even if it’s a perfectly justified shoot - the NYPD and NYC judges will fuck you ten ways from Sunday. There’s barely any point to defending yourself just to end up in Rikers Island getting pounded up the ass by Tyrone for the next 15 years.

NYC sucks balls so much I'd rather live in Tokyo where you can't even own any firearms or knives. At least there you can improvise, buy a 'legal' (non-metal blade) pokey device, or use a monkey fist, or not have to worry about it since the city is relatively safe.

The scumbags in NYC make it so that any gun owner has so many restrictions they'd be better off using their hands or a blunt object.

Pretty much. It's also a great incentive to know how to fight, get in shape, and learn how to use other self-defense tools that they can never ban.

user, Get a m1 carbine and rock 30 cal. Should be great for hd and compact enough.

Dude, I really wish my grandpa didn't sell his M1, I would have asked him to sell it to me.

I want one too user but this user new Yorker needs feasible and legal options. I feel an m1 carbine would fit the bill and not make him look bad, god forbid he had to use it and go up against some Dick Head DA/ADA. Maybe go with a shockwave 590 or tac 14. Berreta storm 9mm carbine if legal or a lever action in 38spcl/357 mag.

Plus all the chicken teriyaki you can eat.

Carbine is a great idea actually. Fantastic weapon for an old workhorse.

Once you eat Asian food a lot of other stuff tastes bland honestly lmao.

If only they allowed firearms, their aesthetics are top tier. People rave about NYC, but I honestly view it as a shit hole in comparison to Tokyo or Seoul, and that's coming from someone who deals with New Yorkers frequently.

Of you're gonna be in some shitty state, my advice is a pump action shotgun *shockwave* and for the lolz an 1858 Enfield for the smokescreen, massive wound, and follow up bayonet charge

NYC fag here. Don't comply, don't trust anyone, don't brag about what you have, don't get a license.. Always keep it g. Fuck the law, there are two kinds of people in nyc, criminals and suckers. Pick one or the other.

I'll sleep on those jail cots and get my 3 squares then. You know what the alternative is? At least when you get to your pod in Rikers, they'll know you aren't just another victim. Or maybe you are? Maybe you'll hold my pocket and work that ass for my cigarettes instead?

Flamethrowers and extended torches were banned here when Elon musk made that gimmick.

I've replied to this thread 3 times now so I guess I'll just give you real advice. Get a gun that's safe compliant so you can actually go use the shit 50 yard indoor range for 20$ ($10 veteran) and have range safety officers that crawl right into your ass over everything. Then get whatever you want and keep quiet about it. That's what every single white guy left in the Bronx does. Welcome to the epicenter of clown world. Do everything you can to escape New York. I would if I wasn't in the fashion industry.

when you look up the laws, note if it says NYS or NYC. NYS has strict gun laws, NYC is worse.
In NY city you have to apply for both pistol permit and long gun permit, they are separate and there is not a great chance you will get a long gun permit.
If you get a pistol permit it does not permit you to carry that pistol, only to own it and transport it to approved ranges. permit to carry is a separate classification that you will not receive without a damn good reason.
Permits can take a year to process but in my county(not NYC) also require references that you have know for at least a year and who live in the same county, so it could be a year before you even get to apply

Also New York State mag limit for long guns is 10 as well

Doesn't matter what you get, gun/knife/bear trap/a spoon. If you defend yourself you are fucked and will probably be imprisoned for life. You are moving to a place that actively wants you dead or incarcerated (unless you are a good dark individual with a rap sheet that extends to Maine, then you deserve another chance). No job, nor family matter is worth it. Hell, there is a good chance you are moving there because a relative blew a whistle in self defense and got 10-15 for a hate crime and you have to handle their affairs.

Fag

But for real do you like doing fashion? Do you get to do any Jow Forums adjacent clothes projects?

OP, I know you’re resisting the idea of the 20g Shockwave, but trust me - I did a *lot* of research on what would be the most practical gun to have in New York. That’s the answer I came up with. It may not be the gun you want. But it’s the gun you need for NY.

I'm aware of all of this, except it being more difficult to get a long gun permit. I was going to apply for both at the same time.

I design outer wear for women. I wish I could say more but it'd be very easy to figure out who I am if I did.

Famousanon eh? Good for you having the balls to lurk here. I genuinely feel your pain user, because NYC is such a hub internationally, but such a shit city compared to the other large cities.

Considering the nature of the industry you're in, you could certainly be popular in the ROK or Japan if you ever sought to escape the NYC/LA trap.

Quit pussy footing.

Get a 22 and suppress it. Plastic sheeting for a staging area and you can make that body disappear in no time. Do you have to legally report self defense? Is it really that illegal to dispose of human remains yourself? Has compost been made illegal yet?

Another idea is a polymer blunt object or pokey stick. The Ka-Bar TDI Shark bite is a great little concealed item.

Realistically the only people who could pull that off is ironically criminal elements like Mafia groups, triads, Yakuza, etc. Suggesting people undertake that is ridiculous.

A suppressed .22 is quiet as hell, but if you're living in any large city (therefore neighbors are very close or it's an apartment complex) even that shit will be heard. That's assuming you kill the intruder immediately and they don't have an opportunity to scream in pain.

Owned one, sold one. Mine flat out broke. Selector would fall out, guide rails for pumps would break, and gun jammed all the time. Was super fun when it worked. I would never own one again. Consider a standard manufactur double barrel shotgun.

Alright Jow Forumscomrades, I'm pretty well convinced against the KSG. I would still appreciate if someone actually told me what specifically causes the reliability issues, but regardless I won't go with it.

I'm now torn between 20ga shockwave, featureless AR, or something like an M1 carbine. Aome have you have already made suggestions, does anyone else want to way in on the choice?

SCOTUS is deciding on October to take it. I am hopeful they will, even when I don't expect the SCOTUS to defend the 2nd amendment this is a clear inter-state transit kind of violation. And NYC acts as much like it's a fucking state.

Mag dump 30 plus rounds. He won't have time to scream. Setting up a clean room tasks less than 30 minutes. You can keep him in a large tote in the meantime. Gut, butcher, dehydrate, etc. You can even use lye within the clean room. Insects could eat the whole fucking body in no time if you've got a proper worm bin set up. Burn off the hair before feeding, and whatever's left such as bones can be denatured in a lye bath, UV, and or furnace. For all anyone knows, Tyrone was out rapping and robbing, got shot, died in the woods, and animals ate him. Worms won't eat the lead, maybe someone was out shooting cans behind the compost pile? Such a shame.

Just get a Tavor12 and and Jewish GF if you're worried about looking bad in court.

Just get the m1carbine or shockwave, Id advise against an Ar for HD, not owning one just using it for hd in nyc.

Also look up the fightlite Ares scr. Its an AR upper with a full rifle stock lower made for banned states.

Nigga what.

Attached: 1561392467437m.jpg (819x1024, 80K)

Also, why not shoot him with a burner pistol? Wipe the prints, use his cold dead hand to fire a round and leave the body or make up a story about a scuffle etc, and say it was his? I don't like lying or wasting resources and would rather use the corpse to feed my worms, my garden, and donate the vegetables to the local homeless shelter for a tax write off.

Beyond the firearm laws, what are the actual self defense laws? Can you even use a firearm in self-defense?

Post body I'll tell you if you'd survive in prison

Most people live outside of NY and work in NY. Move to PA and drive to NY for work.

NYC is under an intelligence terrorism program known colloquially as gang stalking. There are crooked cops who will use this post to track you through the DHS Fusion Centers. This guy is a crooked cop in manhattan who puts people in the program.

Do not move to NYC.

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-143658_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 764K)

>People have aspects of their lives outside of guns, bro.
Then why the fuck are you on Jow Forums?

I live in NY. Let me tell you:
>I know it'll take up to a year to get a gun license
It will most likely take you longer than that in NYC. It will be a restricted permit, you cannot CC. Also until SCOTUS states otherwise, you still can't even take the gun out of NYC. Expect NY to also 'crack down on guns' again, immediately after you move. Deblasio and Cuomo are having a 24/7 dick waving competition and 2020 is a big election year.

That being said, do not get a KSG. Get a Mossberg 590 shockwave in .410ga.

Attached: 1567530787164.jpg (960x612, 36K)

>that they can never ban.
They made possessing two sticks connected together a crime. I think only recently some dude managed to convince the courts to legalize nunchucks.
A "ninja star" which is defined as a circle with points is illegal. You don't see SWAT storming the home depots seizing saw blades.
The laws here need to change.
The only thing NYC does I approve of is the castle doctrine

Any blade longer than 4 in. is illegal to carry in NYC. I already did all the required reading to become a gun owner

NYC allows for castle doctrine. I don't remember if it applies to anything besides firearms. They define any improvised weapon (stick you pick up, scissors, etc) as a deadly weapon. I remember reading up on the laws and it said a "bludgeoning weapon or cudgel" could literally just be a stick you find.

*NYC gun owner.
The only hazguns i know in NYC is a plumber who works in rikers and even he doesn't have a CC. His guns gotta stay in the house or range

Well, that is very true unfortunately. They'd criminalize fists I'm sure if they had the opportunity to.

It's only 2.5 inches, similar to a push dagger, but totally polymer. Therefore technically not a knife. Literally made to combat knife laws in big cities worldwide.

You only have one life. Why would you spend it in a shithole like NYC? Even if you have a good job the rent and taxes will take more of your money. You need to jump through hoops to get guns, and for what? Too live in a tiny apartment, packed like rats, surrounded by some of the worst human beings in America? You can't even see the night sky. Their idea of nature is Central Park which is overcrowded and full of wild dogs and homeless. If SHTF ever happens you're screwed. How long do you think NYC would last with no power, food or water?

Living in a big city is bad enough, NYC or San Francisco are basically Hell.

Accurate. However some people are trapped in a city like NYC because their career is focused there.