Tell me why a compensated handgun like one in the pic paired with a 147gr +p+ load such as the Lehigh Gold Dot 147 +p+...

Tell me why a compensated handgun like one in the pic paired with a 147gr +p+ load such as the Lehigh Gold Dot 147 +p+ or possibly a 135gr +p+ load yet to be created wouldn't work wonderfully together and shouldn't be the future of 9mm handguns

Can modern 9mm handguns withstand the increased pressure durability wise if aided by a compensator? Would a comp even help reduce wear on the gun or tame recoil with these types of loads? Do these 147gr 9mm loads have a dangerous pressure curve as bullet setback occurs like many 180gr 40 S&W loads do? I have many questions. Seeking answers

Attached: CarryComp1_900x522.jpg (900x522, 118K)

>muh magazine extensions
>muh RMR
>muh $1000 aftermarket perfection triggers
>muh cerakoted slide with 4 windows and serrations on 90% of it's surface area
>muh 2000 lumen light laser combo
>muh threaded TiNi barrel with a QD compensator
There's "perfection", a utilitarian gun for short range encounters, and the John Wick race guns tactiqueer youtubers are trying to sell you.

Attached: glockc92.png (735x876, 412K)

Gotta make up for having no skill somehow. Too lazy to take classes? Just order a part and your XP increases x10!

This thread has nothing to do with any of that. The only feature of the guns in the pic that is related to my question are the compensators

bump

>rise of the stovepipes
no thanks

Attached: miss.png (580x490, 229K)

increased concussion and decreased reliability, or at least that’s what i’ve heard from people who claimed to own one and shot them regularly

>race guns
Yeah, I wouldn't want to hit what I'm shooting at quickly in a defensive shooting. Better get a gun with a worse sighting system, harder to use trigger, and smaller magazines.

Increased concussion, yes, I agree. But would a comp really take enough energy out of the system to cause reliability issues if using a very high pressure round? My thinking is the two should balance each other out if not still be on the side of too much energy

its not the addition of the idea of a comp. its the gun not being designed for it. youve got the weight factor on the barrel or slide

It would be barrel mounted presumably. I guess I just don't understand why the additional barrel weight would cause problems with a recoil operated gun if you add enough recoil to make up for the additional weight

My G45 MOS roland special runs reliably with comp and underpowered wolf steel case so long as it isn't a new shooter limp wristing it.

Love how the gun shoots and feels.

Attached: DSC04085.jpg (3451x2920, 3.05M)

why is your trip on

To harvest (You)s from the most insecure and easily triggered of anons who view other people tripping as an offense to their own sense of self worth.

Attached: Glock 45 MOS on steel, RMR, KKM Roland Special G45 short1.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>Can modern 9mm handguns withstand the increased pressure durability wise if aided by a compensator?
R
U
S
S
I
A

tilting barrel

Explain

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The barrel tilts

And recoil tilts the barrel. Why is weight on the muzzle not cancelled out by increased recoil?

>underpowered wolf steel case
recent wolf has been loaded pretty fuckin' hot compared to most brass cased 9x19 I'd shot before

I'm not him, just took the opportunity for the joke

well, not so much the mass of the comp, but the fact that it is pulling the barrel/slide forward before the slide unlocks, reducing the available force for cycling

He's bsing you

I'm very open to being proven wrong, but I just don't think my question has been answered as to why that extra force can't be provided by a higher pressure round such as a Lehigh 147 +p+ Gold Dot. I understand the comp has the effect you mentioned, but my idea for use of a comp on a 9mm handgun is only in reference to the combination of it and high pressure ammunition, higher than most all commercial loads available now

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

if anything suppressors for carry would be a more realistic thing
see also: 357 sig

So I just built a glock on serialized p80 frame and a GGP slide, it will fire shitty training ammo fine. Put a comp on it, and it can only cycle +p rounds. It is iffy on nato even, standard pressure straight nope, and training ammo wont even release the slide.
Comps make pistols extremely unreliable. If you build a gun around one I am sure its fine.

what makes that a roland special. Its just a mos with a comp.

Thanks for the input

>so long as it isn't a new shooter limp wristing it.
LEL

just to put it in perspective adding a supressor to a glock increases bullet velocity. the suppressor acts like a longer barrel with no rifling for the last part.
for a suppressor to work the it needs a neilsen device in it to cancel out the extra weight of the supressor

its not just lol make bullet go faster to make gun work. theres a bunch of different factors involved that all interact with each other.
do you think the guy making aftermarket addons is actually considering all of those factors?
hell no
some sure but all this random unknown shit adds up. theres some leeway but its not hard to go too far. theres a bunch of different sizes and types of compensators how many of those were actually tested with x ammo. it could function but you could constantly be on the edge of failure the whole time.

tfw I replaced my trigger shoe itself for dat flat face but left the rest of the trigger, the $.25 polish makes it perfectly usable and predictable to me at least

This is nothing new, my dad gave me his Hi Point in .380 with factory comp, thing is like 20 years old, never had a problem.
>what's recoil?

oh so for attention
got it

that's a fixed barrel blowback though

it's the pinnacle of technofetishism -- idiotic obsessions over min/maxing for the BEST of everything, resulting in something that is needlessly expensive and wildly impractical for any real world application.

9mm Major Power Factor guns beat up slide stops if the barrel lasts long enough.
A brake does nothing to lower chamber pressure.
Was your barrel designed for +P+ loads or subsonic loads?

>oh boy I can't wait for even more hearing damage when someone tries to car jack me

Which has it's own set of problems. In theory, a blowback design that was JUST tuned without a comp wouldn't cycle with one. Fortunately Hi Points are so over built that there is enough wiggle room. I would argue that any 9x19 with that much extra oomph to spare would run just fine.

>147gr +p+

lol this fucking guy

compensator pulls on barrel, barrel does not move while cycling, therefore no change in function

Unless the +p+ 9mm loads you're talking about exceed 2200ft/s, extra power loads are essentially a pointless expenditure of propellant unless the rounds have some special extra killing attribute outside of conventional hollow points which requires them to be going faster than 1200-1300ft/s. The energy of most handgun rounds is never going to exceed that of a stiff punch even if you load them hotter, expansion is mostly to prevent rounds from overpenetrating human targets and wounding innocents, and permanent wound cavitation isn't achievable reliably at anything under 2200ft/s meaning +p+ loads are not going to demonstrate significant extra lethality. What you're advocating is a gun which does you more hearing damage, has sharper recoil impulse, wears out faster, is going to be more expensive to feed since hot +p+ loads are more costly, and is not going to significantly increase the lethality of the firearm, it will still likely take more than one shot to instantly put down an attacker unless you hit them in the spine or head.

>Because I like to let people know I suck cock

Russians do overpressure 9mm all the time, it's pretty much standard there.

The cartridge is fired in the chamber. How does a comp change chamber pressure?