What is the best bow/arrows for SHTF? Hunting, defense, etc

What is the best bow/arrows for SHTF? Hunting, defense, etc

Attached: best-compound-bow-for-women.jpg (750x552, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YTut3SPhQ5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shes really cute

More like coomposite bow.

the fuck is up with American women and eye-liner? I see them do this shit all the time. Ridiculous.

A take down recurve bow. Less maintenance and you should learn how to fletch arrows and make heads.

.22lr

A gun

I'd like to sire a brood of children with her

That's like a solid inch of makeup

93 lb APA King Cobra shooting 1100 grain Blood Eagle Rampages

Looks like Ashley Tisdale

Attached: Ashley+Tisdale+pictures-214[1].jpg (1067x1600, 327K)

midwest bowman retard here. Don't attempt to use a bow for anything other than hunting unless you're very proficient with the platform. with that being said just get a recurve and some solid shaft arrows with NAP thunderhead tips.
Learn how to fletch and make improvised arrow heads as well as shafts, if you fuck up and hit a tree or something and don't have a good solid shaft it'll bust or your tip will get lodged so fuckin deep you can't get it out

If you want to use something resembling a bow for a silent ranged defense just get a crossbow pistol with some metal bolt shafts, heavy broadhead tips. Hit them in the neck, chest or inner thigh side of the legs. Don't attempt to use these at a long range because I think it's a rarity to find anything about 80lbs draw weight but those will consistently hit with max velocity of the projectile and platform out to 50 feet. More expensive crossbow pistols can push 100-150 FPS but they'll be larger. And regular crossbows that are cheaper will easily hit 250 FPS with expensive ones easily breaking the 400-450 FPS mark.

Everything is better with a magazine

youtube.com/watch?v=YTut3SPhQ5k

For SHTF, get a recurve crossbow. They can accept homemade bolts. With a compound bow, you will need carefully crafted arrows or else they will split and enter your arm

>With a compound bow, you will need carefully crafted arrows or else they will split and enter your arm
Really? I thought it was a matter of just not exceeding the maximum force that the arrow could withstand. The maximum force with a recurve occurs at maximum draw. The maximum force with a compound occurs halfway through the draw. But 60 pounds max (for example) will put the same stress on an arrow regardless.

If you plan on using a bow for defense when shtf, you're probably fucked

Attached: antifa.jpg (900x1200, 298K)

Isn't that the guy who was barefoot?

A compound bow will be 100+ fps faster at the same draw weight as a recurve, it's not the same amount of force. So if your arrow can withstand that force, you're good to go. However materials like wood can't, so it would have to be carbon or aluminium and would be more difficult to make.

Pretty sure its a recurve bow, not a compound.
Why? Because without a press its impossible to install strings on the latter. Pretty shit in a shtf situation

Unless you own an APA. God himself shoots APA.

Attached: apa.jpg (504x764, 103K)

Should I try to find a class for learning archery or can I suffice by buying some basic recurve and shooting at a target innawoods?
I don't plan to hunt or use it for SHTF or anything, it just seems like fun.

>Crossbow pistol
Yes, I typically recommend people storing them next to their neon green zombie spayed double blades swords

You’re not even getting the fucking arrow out of your silly little plastic holder before being utterly wrecked

We will see who is laughing when you run out of ammo shooting birds for food.

I said defense not hunting.

Attached: 20193.jpg (1151x2046, 2.45M)

I'm cool with how a real women looks. But the fact she is fit, doing out door sports, probably fucks like crazy, it's worth dropping a point or two on the looks, so you can get more long term. My wife is a 6 on look, but every thing that makes her, her, makes her a 10. You'll understand this more as you grow

>that shooting form
jesus fuck. get that thot a full size bow for fuck sake.

Attached: 1532210156866.jpg (480x480, 107K)

This guy always makes me sad.
3 mismatched arrows.
Glasses taped together.
Mohawk in dreadlocks.
I can imagine him practicing in the living room of the apartment he shares with a tranny and a bulldyke, because he lives in a hellish concrete landscape of a city with 10 million people and has no access to an open area to shoot.
He gets up at 4am because he has to take the bus to his telemarketing job.

And he's so brainwashed by the liberal media that that's the world that he's "fighting" for.

It's discontinued but the Martin eliminator HT from Walmart is a Grail.

It doesn't require a bow press to change strings and everything from pull length and draw weight is user adjustable.

High end bows require a bow press for anything and wear our after a year or so

Its a youth bow for the pull weight so she can do a photo op.
She doesn't even have the peep sight lined up or the string to her cheek.

See Shit only wears out if you don’t take care of it. A good bow will last a lifetime and will have a lifetime warranty.

In a societal collapse there is no lifetime warranty

The user servicible Martin has a lifetime warranty.

Also bows won't last forever a season is generous as most compound bows are designed to fail with plastic structural components so that you buy a new one

he looks like a glownig to me 2bh

I’ve had my latest APA for 3 years with nothing wrong whatsoever. I’ve had a cheap Mission Riot for 7 years where the only thing that needs replacement now is the string. Many people run bows for a decade or more with no issues.

People just buy a new one every season because they want the latest greatest tech (5 fps speed boost!) and bows are cheap even at the high end. When you have all your equipment (sights, stabs, quiver, release, etc) it’s quick to transfer them over to a new rig.

cope

The one that fits in your ass the best, because if you plan to use a bow in a SHTF scenario, that's where your bow is going. Right up your ass. Along with your Baofeng walkie talkie.

I paid $25 for one class. Got corrected on form after every shot. Well worth the money.

Attached: 106212DC-AEC4-4C99-8E12-91C6AA74B6C7.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

nah he had the flip flops

Sorry that pic sucked

Attached: 10208A79-A84A-4BC0-9E3E-34B8A2759489.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

the ones you make out of pvc and driveway markers

>get a crossbow
>when SHTF snipe someone with real gun from distance
>take his gun
>profit

Bows are not silent. Crossbows are loud as fuck. You are a twat.

What are you 15? Christ go eat something.

you understand that arrows break too?
and you probably only have like 6-12

arrows break all the time and good luck putting a wood arrow through a compound bow

Longbows appeal to me far more than compound bows