Is the AK-74 a complete upgrade of the AK-47? Does the AK-47 have any advantage over its replacement?

Is the AK-74 a complete upgrade of the AK-47? Does the AK-47 have any advantage over its replacement?

Attached: ipSHcHb.jpg (495x700, 76K)

Yes, the higher the number means the better it gets. just like in price, higher the number the better it is

47 penetrates more. Because of that, you can one hit headshot someone with a helmet and wallbang with ease. The 74's faggier bullet cannot do this.

Isn't the AK-47 easier and cheaper to build than the AK-74?

545 = deadend

I hear alot of the AKs now days are made in china,Is that truth?
Also,i want to fuck that anime girl.

The AK-47 was never adopted, retard.
Not really.

Attached: 1444435905736.jpg (650x212, 20K)

what do you mean? The ak was adopted by the soviet union in the 40's

The AK Types 1-3 were, the AK-47 wasn't.

Attached: xXoqEIh.jpg (732x1024, 156K)

fuddlore

5.45 is better in 8/10 situations, there is a reason it is more commonly issued in russian forces than 7.62 akm's and akms +ak-103

no such thing

what a useless bit of info.

>Also,i want to fuck that anime girl.

Attached: oh baby.jpg (393x594, 25K)

The 74 is better for fighting as a unit. If I'm going it alone though I want a 47.

Nitpicking is only helpful if the detail you nitpick is important to the question, which it isn't in this case.
OP only asked which advantages each rifle has, whether or not said rifles were adopted, OP makes no commentary on.
Do yourself a favour and take a 60 minutes break from the internet.

Caliber

7.62x39 for hard barrier penetration

5.45 if you're a gay little twink boy

This guy gets it

Attached: 1569243496208.jpg (360x240, 14K)

the 7.62x39 penetrates cover better, but 5.45 is far better at penetrating armor

>Is the AK-74 a complete upgrade of the AK-47?
No, but it does have many key advantages.
The biggest difference is the caliber. Although it uses the same case length it is bored down to 5.45mm vs. 7.62mm in the original. The projectile is about half the weight and as such features much greater velocity, flatter trajectory, lighter ammo weight and thanks to a hollow cavity under the metal jacket it tumbles and fragments quite reliably on impact.
It also featured a new muzzle brake that is substantially more effective than the AKM slant cut compensator, but the biggest reduction in recoil is still due to the smaller projectile.
>Does the AK-47 have any advantage over its replacement?
The Russian armed forces have continued to use AKMs and other rifles in the older 7.62x39mm cartridge for some applications. While they certainly have enough 5.45mm rifles to go around, the 7.62's heavier projectile is preferred in urban fighting and other applications where a bit of extra penetration is preferred. The older 7.62mm cartridge is seen as a more reliable man-stopper as well, but the jury is out on that account.
>Isn't the AK-47 easier and cheaper to build than the AK-74?
Not significantly. Both feature the same folded sheet metal receiver, trigger group and largely the same gas piston setup. The only real addition the 74 had was the muzzle brake.
In modern production of AK rifles for domestic and export sales, they can make pretty much the same exact rifle for the same exact cost (only now with polymer furniture and a brake as standard) in 5.45mm, 7.62x39mm or even 5.56mm. This does require them to reconfigure production between batches, but once up and running (assuming they are built with the same features) the caliber is practically an insignificant factor in unit cost.
He's being pedantic. When most people say "AK-47" we all know they refer to an AK rifle in 7.62x39mm, be it with the milled receiver or the later stamped steel AKM.

Is the total number of AK-47s in the world going down or is China replacing all the old ones?

>when I’m alone, give me the option of carrying less ammo
big brain think

China has never made any AK-47s.

Based bud poster

Attached: tenor (3).gif (220x213, 1018K)

not really true, they made rifles about as close as you could get to a type 3 without being a perfect copy

>7.62x39 vs 5.45x39
It's 300blk vs 5.56

Attached: bubbamax.jpg (1079x806, 335K)

>dies to some guy sprinting with a p90

Lmao just end ur lyfe scrub

Attached: 762 and 545 babes.jpg (693x707, 46K)

it depends on what year and model + place of manufacture
small differences include
screwed barrel vs pinned
chromed bore / piston vs plain
different gauges of steel etc
laminate vs polymer furniture

>The Russian armed forces have continued to use AKMs and other rifles in the older 7.62x39mm cartridge for some application
Specops used to favor AKMs because of them being fitted with PBS-1 suppressors.As soon as better suppresed weaponry was released, 7,62 AKs lost the popularity.

isn't the most simple dumb dumb explanation being 5.45 has better effective range and 7.62x39 has better performance at shorter ranges?