How many applications did it take you to get your job? I'm running out of places to try

How many applications did it take you to get your job? I'm running out of places to try

Attached: [email protected] (621x414, 19K)

Keep trying. Turn in more applications. I would hire you if you are in Modesto, ca if you want to do fast food.

Attached: 1525860931906.png (652x690, 381K)

Hah thanks, yeah I gotta keep trying. Are you a manager?

go to an employment agency
but finding a job in the US isn't hard

Well lets see....
last year I had put in about 30 or so applications to places I could realistically work if I got hired.

Out of those 30 I remember only 8 ever bothered calling me back, and out of those 8 only 3 wanted me to do an interview. The first 2 interviews didn't result in me getting a job and were a waste of time and money (had to pay a Uber to get to them on time and one of the drivers got fucking lost on the way but i think he was just trying to make the trip more expensive)

Now, im unemployed again. Got fired earlier this month.
Haven't really been trying as hard to find a new job, admittedly because what's the point.
I think ill let myself get evicted if I can't get unemployment and I guess ill be homeless for a while.

Attached: IMG_20180523_11.png (540x482, 190K)

Call the places you've applied to.

Most places ignore repeat callers and put them on an automatic blacklist for this very reason.

They don't want hundreds of people constantly pestering them everyday for a job.

None, nepotism is a hell of a thing

Attached: it begins.png (349x415, 138K)

Also forgot to mention it took about 8 months of job searching, waiting and calling to even get one job.

You sure about that? only do it once then visit them.

Temp agency is your only choice. They make a couple dollars for each hour you put in so they will be sure to find you something. The job will most likely suck but that is the way things are.

>How many applications did it take you to get your job?
I'm at several hundred right now, still no job
t. pro neet with a degree

Yeah im a shift manager but i can get a robot in.

Attached: 15226034453791.png (312x640, 224K)

will be a year looking for work on the 20th of next month. Only jobs I didn't apply to was till work

Yes im sure, a friend of mine that works human resources tells me that they filter out applications of people they don't want, and they immediately block phonecalls of rejected applicants.

Only places i can imagine they don't do this is at some under the table work or mcjobs.

Yeah I'll definitely have to check them out. Will they hire anybody? I have no experience except some volunteer

That's the path I'm going down as well. Hope it all works out man. 8 months, jesus.

Yeah I've been trying retail places so I'm worried they would get annoyed at me if I did that

Lucky, good for you

Holy fuck. I hate how this is the new normal. Something needs to change. It seriously cannot be like this anymore, why is it this damn hard to find a job?

I'm up to 2000 now. Do I give up lads?

Have you tried indeed .com??

>why is it this damn hard to find a job?
Could be your area, but yea overall its tough for everyone to find work these days.

Egnieers and IT guys are struggling thans to H1B and unskilled/ educated workers have to compete with robots and mexicans.

Its a clusterfuck.

Indeed sucks man.

Most advertisments on Indeed are like 2 years old and aren't actually available anymore.
I hate that damn site. Im convinced its just scammers trying to steal your information half the time.

If youre not applying to at least 25-30 places a day, both online and in person, you have no room to complain about not being able to find a job. Job searching should be like a job to you. 9 to 5 every weekday, you should either be applying to jobs or attending job interviews and that shouldn't stop until you're hired. Don't just apply to one or two places and call it a day. Assume every single place you apply to rejects you immediately until you get a call for an interview and keep going until you get that job offer and still keep going until you get the call to say you're hired.

snagajob worked for me for 3 jobs

try that

Attached: 15210844046094.png (602x720, 593K)

> Assume every single place you apply to rejects you immediately until you get a call for an interview

Learned that a while ago

True most aren't active listing any more. But you can change the preferences 7days 15 days 30 days. I use the 7 day one

Already have offers, but I get the jobs in outlaying towns of big cities. Like the cream cheese girls of tinder. So, like, ten or so. Just waiting for a big city job so I can stick fingers up the ass of puppets and control their actions. Like my girlfriend does to me.

Ive run out of places I can apply to now.
All I can do is wait.

If I don't get a call soon then ill just go to the unemployment office and theyll stick me in some shitty temp job like warehouse worker or something.

>400
i had to go through hoops and online stuff, but i only managed to get hired at 3 jobs.

I gave up around 500
8 years of job experience

I think that for my first full time job it took around two to three dozen.

Counting only those this year, 5.
Counting all I've filled out to get my first job, 15.

Also waiting a few months and keeping applying isn't all that bad some times it takes them a long fucking time to get around to calling you

It took me 214 applications spread over the course of two years and in five different cities to get my first job. I received only three interviews. Now it only takes me less than a month to get a response because I actually have shit I can put on my resume. This experience based economy is so fucked up. It's like they want us to feel like literal trash the way they put everything online nowadays, completely ignoring you if they're not interested, not even bothering to give a phone call.

My two retail gigs I got with minimal applications (literally first and only app for the first job, and like the third for the second job). My current position in a lab took about thirty applications, and it's a pretty shit job for a college graduate ($13/hour).

Three majors and a minor split over two bachelor's degrees, all in the relevant field. Two and a half years experience. Over a hundred applications over months and not even an interview. I can't even get a call from temping agencies (I think I priced myself out on those, though). I don't know what the problem is but I feel absolutely fucked.

Where I live people are giving out about not have enough builders. Yet no one will hire new people to the industry or train them. So they though lets try get more foreigners
into the country to do the work.
It is madness they want experience workers but aren't willing to train anyone up

to get my first job in the field, it took me 300+ (stopped counting then) applications.

After that, it was easy because I had experience. Entry level is a joke. Fuck places that say "entry level" but want 5+ YEARS.

Contruction is a fucking joke.

There is a shortage of workers and there is construction going on all the fucking time but these companies don't want to hire guys with zero experience and train them up.

They just keep the same old team of mexicans they reccycle through every season and those fuckers bring their friends and family to work with them.

Ten

shelf stocker

I'm not in the u.s like you Romanians/pols/lits over here

How is shelf stocking?

As far as retail goes anyway. Is it better than being a cashier/ cart pusher

It took me 100+ applications.

I can now work from home\office at a top 5 consulting agency. Get 80k+super, company credit card, free coffee, fruit, breakfast, gym etc.

I have to admit though I got insanely lucky and won the lottery and it's literally the average wage for someone my age at 29 so yeah.

1. I went into the store, asked to see the manager, shook him firmly by the hand and asked him for a job.

I was recommended by a friend to take a screening test, I passed and got an interview, then got my job.

I don't even have a real resume still. Resumes and applications are for suckers.

You don't want to be a cashier man, too much hassle

Only 1 i just sent one to the same company my dad worked at for 15 years they took me in immediatly due my dad mostly
Thats most likely how most people get their job

yeah so how is shelf stocking by comparison

He want's a job hahaha. Why are you not a NEET user

I got tired of replying to random places and never getting called, so I went to a temp service instead. Interviewed that day and was working a week later. Factories and warehouses arent too bad if you dont have any other plans. Night shifts are comfy.

A temp agency will hire you so long as you can pass a drug test and have have no felonies/law issues. Just make sure you choose the best agency in your area since they will have better/more contracts with local factories and workplaces. Less likely to nickel and dime you too for shit like uniforms and stuff.
As an added plus if the workplace they rent your labor out to likes you the workplace might permanently hire you. It wont be a dream job but its better than minimum wageslaving ay McDick's.

I turned in over 400 applications and just got a job today.
I only got it cause the manager is my neighbor. Every job I've ever had ultimately came down to me knowing someone. That's all it is, the industry is fucked and no one cares about credentials anymore.

Attached: giphy.gif (289x400, 129K)

Also for reference the job industry is just shit.
I talked to the manager and she was telling me how on the first day they put up the add for a job she got over 100 applications in the first 24 hours. I don't even live in a particularly big town either.

More the merrier, fill out as many as possible. I have only been called back once and I failed the phone interview for a grocery store; didn't get the job. Two of the jobs I did have were through nepotism, the other was a job program a mental health agency had where I had to do an interview and take a drug test.

Literally walked in, gave the owner a hand shake and got a job. I hate living in this bumfuck town now, but job hunting is as easy as the boomers claim.

Attached: EC2225BD-7617-42DA-AAE5-5AAC146B2410-1219-000001CCB45443EF.jpg (270x223, 20K)

i applied for maybe 300 jobs over the space of about 6 months and in the end i got a job i didn't even apply for and wasn't even qualified for thanks to an employment agency