Go Get Lost

Hey Robots. Just here to let you all know there is hope. Maybe not for a girlfriend. Maybe not for social status. Maybe not for friends. But there is hope. Take a leap and hit the road. Drink this life deep. Similar to Camus interpretation of Sisyphus. Put your life on the line and go get lost in some desert canyons or walk off trail until you don't recognize anything. Get lost. Get lost, lonely and scared. For days. For weeks. For months. It's like suicide except you wake up somewhere new everyday. Somewhere different. You can change who you are and be a different character each day. Eventually you'll notice that girls will still hate you, but they will admire you. They will admire you as some sort of Thoreau or Mccandless. They will admire you for doing something that every human has wanted to, but has always been too afraid to do. And anyone can get lost. It is the easiest thing in the world. And to willfully do it will get some eyes on you.

Attached: intowild.jpg (186x270, 10K)

Actually I have always thought about doing this as a suicide. Instead of killing myself I always wanted to become homeless living in the wild.

It is as close to suicide as you can get. But unlike suicide you actually get something from it. Whether it be good, bad, a lesson, experience, stories.. It's always something different.

Attached: 20180524_135927.png (1080x512, 283K)

Fuck, user please stop tempting me.
But I feel like one day I will do it anyway. That feel of wandering the Earth alone makes me so hard. I feel like I would discover my true self by doing this and what I want in life.

Do it user or at least keep that thought entertained in the back of your mind! Because who knows, one day you may look back and wish you did. And you gain some crazy tales to tell, stories and memories. And people want to hear every bit of it. They put who you are aside just to listen to your adventures. So they can live vicariously through them. People start envying you, and sometimes I think they start envying too late. Because then it takes over and you find meaning in that sort of meaninglessness. And there aren't any gaps to fill. And you are too focused on survival to be depressed. And the tiniest things will mean the most when you are out there

That's cool and all until you get sick and there is no doctor or someone to take care of you.v

I got a fever 9,000ft up in the mountains. Felt like I was going to die. Stood outside my tent to throw up and felt my fever broke in the cold air. It felt like being reborn. Totally alive. Sometimes it's worth it. I also twisted my ankle 7 miles back in a canyon and couldn't make it to my camp so I slept in an abandoned mine shaft for 3 days until I could walk again. And by that time I was half starved and dehydrated. But when I made it to the spring I never felt more alive in my life. It makes you thankful

>go get lost in a desert or canyon
youre basically telling us to kill ourselves retaRD

this. I decided to do it to complete my maturate.

No user I am saying there are better alternatives than just straight suicide. When you are standing there looking out into the abyss and everything seems futile why not take advantage of that seemingly nihilistic moment, turn around and head for the woods? That first step off the road and into the brush, watching your ride drive away knowing you have nothing and can't turn back immidiatley. It's exhilarating. It's a feeling I can't even explain.

Had a fantasy of doing a trip from South Egypt to Cairo walking, just like into the wild, might do it maybe in 7-10 years?

Attached: 1526852197622.png (500x500, 12K)

I want to do it soo much, want is keeping me it
is my future, i am not lonely, i had girlfriends, i have friends and i am happy with myself
just recently moved to US, moved from my country, from MY OWN confort just to have
a different lifestyle that the people from my country, now i am here, in my country
with the power of my speech i was friends with the homeless, with the rich with everyone
now i am here alone, sad, and can't make friends. US culture is soo different and with
the lost of my speech i can't be what i was, my dream was be a wanderer, walk to the
east to the west coast and go down, the only thing that it is stopping me it is my mom
and my future, i need to start Community college and finish a degree first, because if i
do it now i will be fucked in the future, and my mom got her social security and rented
a apartment, if i runaway she won't have money for the rent and will screw her name.

i know this is REALLY stupid, but is something that i wanted to say

btw nice thread!

Attached: large_Michal-Karcz-www.michalkarcz.com-1.png (793x800, 738K)

Beautiful!!!
That would be awesome man, I have a real affinity for the desert. That is my biggest passion. The desert is the most misunderstood, the least loved of all environments and the most forgotten. That's where all the relics and hot springs are that people are too uninterested to find. Terra Incognito. It's finally your own damn world. Unexplored and untouched. There are only a few places on earth like that and the desert is one of them.

Attached: WalkingOutOnDesertFloor6.png (1080x740, 1.05M)

From what country are you originally?

>watching your ride drive away knowing you have nothing and can't turn back immidiatley. It's exhilarating.

What an invigorating feeling this thought gives me. It's just about the only thing that does anymore.

Mom comes first. Always. And that is good because it means you already have an idea of your future. Just do what you gotta do to work it in there somehow. Because it will nag at you forever. Sometimes for me the adventure calls and I can't tell what it is. You just start to feel restless. This actually reminds me of a quote from Henry David Thoreau' s essay called "Walking";

"We should go forth on the shortest walk, perchance, in the spirit of undying adventure, never to return; prepared to send back our embalmed hearts only, as relics to our desolate kingdoms. If you are ready to leave father and mother, and brother and sister, and wife and child and friends, and never see them again; if you have paid your debts, and made your will, and settled all your affairs, and are a free man; then you are ready for a walk."
>Nice thread
(Thank you user :) )

Attached: Walking4.png (987x1293, 1.83M)

He wouldn't have fucking died if he just took a fucking map.

This is how millenials end up 30 years old and still living with their parents. How about instead of wasting time traveling or "finding yourself", you save up some money and get a fucking degree worth a shit, or get some sort of trade application and start WORKING on a career. Stop trying to delay the reality of the world, stop dicking around, stop day dreaming and get your shit together. You're like all those faggots that go off to "teach english" in 3rd world countries. You're back at mommys house in 1 year tops, you wasted time and money with nothing to show for it.

A map would defeat the purpose of wandering without aim. Of course, you don't need to be as reckless as him. Just traveling around without feeling compelled to be somewhere specific can really free your psyche and put it at ease.

You gain freedom from wageslavery.

>just take the typical wageslave route
>don't you dare even THINK of pursuing an alternate way of living

>best goy award
You've earned it

Attached: 2ff.jpg (895x653, 52K)

I own a cabin now, 3 acres of land, two burros, ran 100ft of pipe from my spring to my front porch. Set a tub up outside. I learned to love life again. Without having to run circles in some rat race. It is pure freedom and liberty. You don't fully know liberty until you try it.

don't listen to this fucking meme guy, if you want to actually be free and alive go on /out/ homegrownman thread, starts growing veg at home and researching how to handle live stock, look into water harvesting methods then save up and buy a plot of land about one acre is all it need to be self sufficient, jump into it to soon and you're destined for failure, wait and do it right and you can live a happy and fulfilling life

See my comment I just left before yours.

Never said I like it. Sooner or later you have to accept the reality of the working world and man up. Have fun working at wal-mart when you're 35.

seriously nice man, currently saving up for some land myself, the grand plan is to be a farmer but who knows what'll end up happening

Brazil, Sao Paulo

Thanks for the wonderful replied

I would have never found my cabin if I didn't drop everything one day and walk Into the central desert mountains. I found rivers in the desert. Abandoned cabins. Grapes and misquite beans, pinyon pine nuts, flecker and quail, and the spring water is sweet from the minerals it leeches from the surrounding rocks. I even found gold 3 different times. I found huge quartz crystals and sold them to a rock dealer to buy all the spices flashlights and portable chargers I have

I don't think you'd be stuck working at Walmart if you're a transient who makes a point of avoiding things like that.

>Never said I like it.
So you've entrenched yourself in a sort of life that's dissatisfying, and you don't want to ponder how you could be happier.

Maybe some people dont find fullfillment in jocking a desk. Some of us like getting our hands dirty. You fucking woman.

>you should kill yourself in the most drawn out way possible because normalfags think that makes a nicer story

>countryfolk move to the city to find good jobs and economic growth
>a couple generations later their city kids move to the country to escape the rat race and disregard wealth
Am I the only one who sees the irony?

Attached: 1526762969164.jpg (640x640, 105K)

you've done nothing pussy

A lot of nastiness in this world due simply to population densities that are too high. Pollution, disease, noise, lack of privacy.
And in a modern world where your necessities are easily and often instantly satisfied, people become bored, and boredom leads to depression from an absence of meaningful things to do in your life.

One more bump because I appreciate OP for voicing this sentiment.