Buy a computer tower

>buy a computer tower
>hook it up to a TV monitor
>"no signal"
>look up solution on TV monitor's support forum
>it's not compatible with high resolutions despite having HDMI support

Guess I have to buy another monitor then.

Attached: hide.png (600x440, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fixya.com/support/t2290837-dynex_19_lcd
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824009642
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That shouldn't be.
Can you link the post you made?

fixya.com/support/t2290837-dynex_19_lcd

"I went over the specs of the TV.
The max input for the VGA is 1360x768 at 60Hz. Anything higher will make the TV go bonkers.
I would try to get the resolution at 1360x768, then change the frequency to 60Hz."

I've had this monitor for over 5 years and mainly used it to connect to my laptop so I can watch Netflix while I browse forums. Maybe the monitor isn't meant for a gaming pc.

So lower the resolution of the actual computer you silly shit.

720p is 1280x720. just lower the resolution to that you brainlet

I can't lower the resolution if I have no screen to look at. It's a brand new computer. You want me carry the 30 pound computer to the living room, hook it up to the TV, adjust the settings, then bring it back to my bedroom?! I would try that if it could be read by HDMI. I can't change the resolution or use an HDMI cable because I haven't even had a chance to install Windows 10.

why would you buy a gaming pc and then plug it in to a shitty dick ass monitor
wasn't the point so you could get high fps and run the graphics on high detail? but then you end up with a shitty picture anyways because cheap ass monitor

Was hoping I could use the monitor I have for the mean time until I save up enough and do enough research for a better monitor.

so you aren't seeing anything? you should be able to see the bios or mobo logo. those are all low res and shouldn't have any issue seeing those even if your monitor/tv/whatever the fuck can't handle whatever you set your windows resolution to.

No bios. no start up. no safe mode Getting no signal so I'm not sure if it's monitor issue or if something loose. I double checked the plugs and it's in there good.

try a vga or dvi cable

I tried VGa already, but don't have a dvi cable to try with.

if the vga doesn't work the monitor or video card is probably fucked

how unfortunate. I wish there was a way to test if it's the monitor's fault or the video card's fault.

What do I even look for when purchasing a monitor?

specs:
Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8600K (3.60 GHz)
16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz
1 TB HDD 240 GB SSD
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

144Hz refresh rate, 1080p monitor if you are doing fast paced gaming.

1080p, IPS monitor if you arent into competitive gaming and like to watch animes/movies/shows in good quality.

Or could get a mix of both but it will cost more.

I will try to go for both...

oh.. it's $500+

hmmm....

is this okay?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16824009642

I'm trying not to spend over $200 on a monitor

how to know if video card is even in right ?

>what is displayport
>what is getting an "x" to "y" converter/adapter

Don't computers run at 800 x 600 first time?

If all the pins are mostly covered by the socket and it doesn't want to go down further it's probably in right.

I don't know what's wrong then. The monitor is over 5 years old, but it was able to watch cable and stream Netflix .

So I need to get a display port cable then? I don't see a socket in the back that would match that kind of plug and nothing like that in the back of the monitor either.

Looking at reviews it looks like Windows 10 should already be installed, but I'm supposed to contact the online store for a Windows key.