Can we all agree pubg is unironically the game of the decade/gen?

Can we all agree pubg is unironically the game of the decade/gen?

Attached: games of the decade.jpg (2982x1664, 876K)

>BR games
>Good

Pick one.

why are all you /v/ manchildren leaking your shit on this board

Yeah it's not even up for debate if you count minecraft as last decade.

>gta 5
>7 years old
that can't be right

fortnite and minecraft are for fags

Battle Royale is a faze like zombie games, Minecraft and maybs Skyrim are probably the most influential games.

No, they both suck.

A multiplayer game with no single player cannot be game of the decade, because they cannot hold a user base forever, probably not even a decade. A single player game with multiplayer is better than a single player game in some cases, but single player is required because it is the only way a game can be truly remembered

GTA V released in september of 2013, not 7 years but we are getting to half a decade

>efficiency modules

Attached: menu.jpg (900x506, 353K)

fuck off

pubg is slow, it's horribly optimized, the ballistics don't work, everything looks like ass and it's impossible to see people even when they're shooting at you

fortnite is objectively the better BR game but BR games suck ass

My gut tells me GTAV would be the best, but I've never actually played it. Runner up would have to be Minecraft.
>One of the first and most successful indie games, inspiring indie devs for decades to come
>made huge innovations in a lot of the genres it has under it's belt
>spawned possibly hundreds of clones or inspired works
>practically invented the Battle Royale genre
>creator isn't an SJW like many other devs these days
>say what you want about the quality of the game, was(and still is) incredibly fun for tons of people and got many into PC gaming(including me)
>one time purchase except for renting a server(for which there are third party options), april fools joke actually mocked micro-transactions(of course, on platforms where Notch didn't have full control of the game, MTs got added)

Battleroyale games came out too recently to really consider if they are game of the decade yet. If they are still big in two years or evn bigger then now then maybe they can be on that list

>Two of the games are just reskins of the same game
>One of the games wasn't even first released this decade
>No Dark Souls
What twelve year old /v/edditor made this?

Attached: 16306748641.jpg (327x657, 34K)

>A multiplayer game with no single player cannot be game of the decade, because they cannot hold a user base forever, probably not even a decade

>what is counter strike
>what is source
>what is world of Warcraft

Holy fuck nigger are you even trying

>pubg was the first cancerous battle royale game
actually it was h1z1

gta v is ~5 years old holy fuck

>Counter Strike
Has had several different relases over the years
>Source
This is an engine, not a game
>WoW
Come on now

>A multiplayer game with no single player cannot be game of the decade, because they cannot hold a user base forever
>chess

This explains why it is Minecraft, you can hate the game all you want but the influence and impact it has had on gaming makes it the game of the decade automatically. Now, it probably isn't the best of the decade, but then none of the games in the OP is

I was speaking more about games like pubg and fortnite, but any game with non-user owned servers is really what I was thinking about. If users can make their own servers it's different, I should have mentioned that in the original post. But I was talking more about centralized servers, they will come down at some point and when they do, most of the userbase is lost

game of the decade in what sense? If we're talking embedded into the general public's conscious and made it's way beyond mainstream how good it is regardless then I would say minecraft is last gens game and fortnight is this gens, both have blew up far beyond anyone's expectations and made their way into the public at large who normally ignores video games

>Counter Strike
I was referencing 1.6 you fucking mongoid

>This is an engine, not a game
I was referencing counter strike source particularly.

>Come on now
Just because you dont like it doesnt make it any less valid of a counter to your complaint

Definitely the best game of this decade. It goes way unappreciated to the normie "casual" gamers that recoil when you say that you play it.

CS is too splintered to be considered a single game and WoW had been dropping off for years now.
Even if I give you those that's only two examples compared to hundreds of failures.
What said stands true

>Reverse-image search because it actually sounds interesting
>It's a crowdfunded sim city clone
I should've known better

>Factorio
>Sim City clone

lol, no. That's not even in the same dimension as what it is.

>The player survives by locating and harvesting resources to craft various tools and machines, which in turn create more advanced materials that allow for the progression to more sophisticated technologies and machines. The game progresses as the player continues to build and manage their automated factory-style system, which automates the mining, transportation, processing, and assembly of resources and products. Players research advanced technologies that allow them to create new structures, items, and upgrades, starting with basic automation and eventually leading to oil refining, drones, and power armor.
Sounds like a generic city-builder if you ask me
I guess Civilization is a litter closer to what I'm thinking of

Minecraft and Skyrim are both massively influential games, the rest of this list doesn't even compare

Minecraft, for one thing, is like modern day Pokemon. Your Grandma probably has heard of Minecraft. Second, it's success both emboldened indie devs and introduced indie games to a much larger audience, really jumpstarting that scene

Skyrim single-handedly pushed the AAA scene into shoving open worlds and RPG elements into almost any game possible. RPGs used to be more of a niche market, but this gen it's been akin to earlier gens' shooters and platformers

Attached: ruk7mt4luqj01.jpg (840x704, 69K)

try the demo

Attached: gridlock-resized.jpg (2215x1558, 1.61M)

>solars

Attached: 1505611287121.png (625x1769, 439K)

>Can we all agree pubg is unironically the game of the decade/gen?
I liked it better when it was an arma 2 dayz mod.

Gta 5 is 7 years old? I just started playing it couple months ago becouse i finaly got decent pc where i could play it.