This shit is right on the nose for me. How many of you guys does this fit? Is it possible to fix this...

This shit is right on the nose for me. How many of you guys does this fit? Is it possible to fix this? I never seem to be able to make any real progress, and I don't know how much longer I can hate myself for.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBPyCSJDEo

Attached: JPvideogames.jpg (1280x720, 400K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m_9Dq2obU9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I play because it's fun, and I don't like going outside. Traveling and going out bores me. I just want to stay home.

>le based man of domestic hygiene
reddit get out

As if I'm gonna open that so jp daddy can tell me everything I know I'm doing. Props to this guy getting the word out about the male plight.

>dude lmao why do people do things they enjoy doing this is a problem bad goys

Attached: 543454343.png (1200x800, 545K)

I'm gonna guess neither of you watched the video. It's probably not directed at you in either case. It's directed at men with ambitions, yet are addicted to escapism, not guys who don't give a fuck about anything and feel there's nothing wrong with jacking off and playing vidya all day.

Forza 7 is too good.

based kermitposter

So I play videogames because my father was shit and beat me? It was the only thing I was allowed to have.

>directed at men with ambitions, yet are addicted to escapism
Is that actually what jp thinks of us? More like the cost/benefit ratio of being a part of society for more and more men is too much.

I wish I could go back to December 23rd, 2006, throw those WoW install CDs in the trash and scold my 13 year old self for even considering starting up such a worthless habit
jesus god I lost so many years of my life

who gives a shit anymore, everything sucks
you can work your whole life believe in the system and they'll give you no security in return and even cut your legs in some cases

>Is that actually what jp thinks of us?

"Us" as in losers who browse Jow Forums? I doubt he's specifically aware of us. I know in my case I grew up with a shit biological dad and worse stepdads and was always bullied and ostracized in school. I think of all places, this board probably has a lot of kindred spirits: young men who frankly weren't brought up properly, were forced into isolation, and became addicted to escapism. There's a reason mass shooters are idolized here much more than what normal people would.

>38:41
Give me that tl;dl familam.

At what time does he start talking about video games, it's just him and some nigger talking about fathers

I'm at 17 min

he's talking about people breaking up because women are stupid and think rough housing is child abuse

People with ambitions won't escape into video games.

he's also saying when kids don't rough house they end up awkward as fuck and don't know how to play, and playing with them isn't fun, and they jub you in the eye because they don't understand boundries

Let me guess, Jordan Memerson is an only child. It's like everything he says comes from a place of absolute bullshit, like he was born as a 40yo man and now has to a posteriori explain the society around him

idk but he's basically saying rough housing which only dad's can give makes kids empathetic because it teaches physical boundries

kek as though siblings don't exist. anecdotally, my father sure as fuck didn't know where appropriate boundaries were. not that he raped me, just got drunk and play-drowned me a couple times.
Fuck that canuck cuck. my life would have been a hundred times better if I never knew my father

you realize that's not normal right?

idk man my dad used to smack me with a belt for showing emotion or acting like a kid
my earliest memories are lying face down holding my hands behind my legs so it didn't hurt as bad
as an adult I just keep to myself and I'm socially retarded and hateful

Wrong, there are lots of us.

This iamge is so prefect. Women actively dated people that were worthless humans in highschool and now want the men they made bitter to take care of them.

>boy, I wish I could play a guitar
>*continues playing video games all day for years on end*
lol that's not ambition you idiot

>It's directed at men with ambitions,

Attached: aku_right.jpg (625x476, 20K)

>My childhood was miserable so every childhood is.
Okay kiddo.

That's not exactly how it works, but you would know that if you ever tried to learn any skill.

>took up bjj
>took up piano
>learned hvac
>learned how to flirt
>have had 3 jobs
>currently learning accounting

So how does it work?

Wait, why are you even here?
Not him btw.

oh okay
sorry for being presumptuous

Because I like it

still a virgin because I'm crazy

do you know what the word anecdotally means dumbass? I wasn't making grand sweeping statements about reality like King Boomer does

I bet you're a blackbelt and a concert pianist by now, huh? How's your gf doing? Which jobs did you quit and which were you fired from? Was the book on accounting worth the read.

Yeah but it's also a counter-argument to the "boys just need their dads" Americana horseshit

But you did need a father. The one you got just happened to be shit. You were fucked from the start m8.

Why are you being a smart ass? Is it because I hurt your self esteem?

I'm not him but it was obvious that you were being disingenuous in your post. Starting projects only to give up and/ or fail isn't meaningfully distinct from just fantasizing about them.

I just mean Memerson and the like think of Fathers in a platonic ideals kind of way. Good fathers are few and far between because good people are few and far between. Just think about the real source of the single mothers epidemic: it's bad fathers. Those men wouldn't be better child-raisers if they were there than they otherwise are by being absent because they're piece of shit people. He's living in a fantasy world.

>learned how to flirt
>virgin
How do you manage to contradict yourself within 2 posts, you gotta work on your shitposts user.

How about doing them, getting decent at it, getting bored, and then moving on?

The point is no ambitious person just sits around playing video games. And he has yet to prove that to be the case.

38 minutes of nothing. Great.

flirting=sex

you gotta work on yours too. Just because I hit on attractive people doesn't mean I wanna do icky things with them. That's reserved for someone I'd marry.

If you include reaching your goals in your definition of the term "ambition" then yes, otherwise, no you fucking idiot. There are even professionals talking about this stuff and their struggle with it. Now add an addictive personality and you are fucked.

>I'm voluntarily a virgin male :^)
Sure and I am voluntarily not a billionaire as well.

If reaching your goals is not ambition then what is?

Only becoming world class is ambition? Only mike tyson was ambitious, but the guy at the local gym is not?

What's your point?

in the most original of ways?

I think that actually, our experience is skewed. Most people most likely are decent, and most fathers too. As for single mothers, remember that many fathers are denied custody as a matter of course. Aside from that, irresponsibly having children is a joint bad decision.

My point is that I don't believe you.
That's exactly my point, I don't know what you are disagreeing with in my post.

ok, let's agree to disagree

have a good night, user

you're still wrong lol

I don't play vidya. I've fallen in love with a celibate grill and dam this is hard. I want to do everything to her but she is waiting until marriage. Funny thing is I'm actually thinking about it. I always thought I'd never get married because it's a scam and they're all whores. It's not like I haven't tried to lay some fucc on her yet she resisted, she is a strong but submissive girl. If she values her cherry this much I'm sure she will value our marriage as much too. Maybe it's not a total meme after all. I didn't watch the video but I'm sure everything it says is 100% wrong and stupid. Fuck that liberal kike shill. Maybe if there were more virgin wimminz to chase vidya wouldn't be such an attractive alternative.

Attached: NEETs needs.jpg (1000x562, 191K)

I do not agree to disagree and have the last word, fuck you.

he was a clinical psychologist for most of his career, behavior is his thing

Agreed it's just silly to keep harping on about "boys need their fathers" as a societal cure-all as though Andy Griffith was somewhere in the periphery of every boy's life but kept out by liberalism or whatever. My dad positively ruined my life and destroyed my self-esteem just like so many other robots; what would these clowns who worship at the altar of tradition have to say about that?

This is one of the biggest piles of diarrhea I have ever read on this site, much less this board. Holy shit do you have a brain?
It's entirely irrelevant, totally immature, and has zero value as an idea. God DAMN user I hope you are fourteen or ESL or literally anything else other than this apparently retarded.

They would say that your mother chose a bad man and you are also fucked like us who grew up under a single mom.

again, two bad dads (yours and the other poster) does not a society-wide epidemic make. most fathers are perfectly good, and are good for their kids even when their kids do not like them at all. the lives of children would be immensely improved by having their fathers in the home, and the statistics bear it out; children of single moms are several times more likely to be poor their whole lives and end up in jail than comparable kids with dads.

no it probably won't fix everything by itself, the family needs more help than that, but it would do a lot to cure what ails us.

>virginity doesn't matter
>disregard the hormonal and psychological changes that accumulate with each partner
Holy shit how bluepilled are you? Progressive feminist as well?

i was raised by two women (mum and grandma) and only met my father this year

i basically have had a mental breakdown since january, what this has made me notice is that basically no one in my family came to my help and I am entirely by myself, i snapped and literally screamed into my mothers face last month and since then have had nothing but flaming shouting arguments at her whenever she asks me anything

my dad is a piece of shit, my mum is a lazy single mother, i'm 26 and have made progress in some ways but it always came crashing down whenever i was around my family, my honest advice for anyone on this board if you are unable to move forward in life is to move out, drop contact with whoever in your life isn't doing anything for you and try to get a job

i fucking hate my family

guy sounds so much like kermit the frog that I can't take him seriously

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>its all men's fault
wow what a profound revalation user, so deep and meaningful and will help solve the problem for sure.

I don't get how retards lile you manage to get on Jow Forums and yet haven'y figured out that all people, including yourself, have a bias towards women. You are passing the blame for problems with women off to men because you are biologically programmed to believe women to be perfect. Learn your own bias and wake the fuck up you normie retard.

She does make me feel retarded at times, that retarded puppy love feeling. I'm not virgoo and actually feel really bad about it. She deserves a good virgin man. I'm still selfish enough to one day ask her hand in marriage, but I mean I'm a few months from turning 30. It was hard enough staying virgin as long as I did. I will make it up to her in other ways. It absolutely matters and is a big deal. She made a strong case for purity and I respect the shit out of her for it. I still put some moves on her now and then, I'm not gay after all. Rather than disappointment I feel proud when she redirects as gracefully as she does. I love my future Christian wife. That's as far from retarded as a man can get.

Attached: tumblr_m40ztlIZ6W1r1ricko1_1280.jpg (604x806, 69K)

fair enough. I guess I'm mapping my own experience onto others and missing the reality that in order to talk about society as a whole you have to make generalizations. there's always going to be an exception to everything

Fuck I hate my dad

Attached: sadparrot.jpg (291x343, 18K)

Yeah you do you man. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_9Dq2obU9g

A load of vague, unprovable shite based on opinion and worldview, like every other ted talk type thing

Protip: u have no control over ur life

Confirmed for nothing nothing, everything they said is backed by loads of data

He's the first guy I've ever seen acknowledging the fact that WoW may have presented better and bigger challenges to children and young men than public schooling.
Patience, communication, cooperation, planning... good stuff.

From how you speak and what you've accomplished I can easily tell you're not the type of person the video's directed at. You don't understand, and you should feel damn lucky for that.

It isn't as simple as
>"I want to play guitar"
>keeps playing vidya instead

It's more like
>"I want to play guitar"
>picks up guitar and tries for a while
>notice how little progress you're making after a certain amount of time
>notice how much better others are than you
>those thoughts relentlessly swirl around in your mind and make you feel overwhelming self-contempt and hopelessness based probably on the entire childhood you spent being made to feel that way by others, including the ones who ought to have been building you up
>you run to escapism to ease the pain for a while
>hate yourself for wasting time in escapism
>cycle gets reinforced and starts all over again

If you have the simple capacity to learn and grow with your enthusiasm and self-pride making the pain involved bearable, you should consider yourself lucky.

Many succesful people don't realize that it's not the amount of successes that counts, but the fact that you've done so in the first place.

>I've done X, Y and Z, surely you can do at least X!

Positive reinforcement sets you up in a positive feedback loop as well, it's the same as for losing but reverse. The hardest part is being able to succeed the first time.

>father sure as fuck didn't know where appropriate boundaries were. not that he raped me, just got drunk and play-drowned me a couple times
>play-drowned
user, I...

Attached: 1460130019508.jpg (512x384, 125K)

Peterson is a fucking quack

Attached: 1519546433034.jpg (720x1280, 160K)

No he isnt. Stop being so dramatically contrarian

lol wut? I really don't think he said or meant to say that a father who plays with his kids to THAT extreme is a good thing for the kids

It's another instance of Zipf's Law. The winners get set up to win more dramatically, the losers get set up to keep losing.

>Peterson
I couldn't give a shit for his fucking opinion or analysis for whatever the fuck he blabbers about. Fuck him and fuck everybody who wastes time arguing about politics.

Attached: 1481174118343.png (639x478, 330K)

Alright tell me how you're fixing you're life right now if he's such a good fucking psychoanalyst?

Yeah that's what I thought, fag. Shut your beta bitch ass mouth up.

Attached: 1451371390983.jpg (500x705, 76K)

The conversation at hand really doesn't have anything to do with politics.
Why are you so focused on politics, anyway?

Because he's a political figure like rev. Al Sharpton or Hillary Clinton.

That's an empty statement - pretty much anyone even remotely famous can be made to be a political figure in some shape or form.

i think you might have played into his hand there user

I know, but I can't help it. origi.

He's pretty much only famous for having contraversial conservative opinions and clashing with those who disagree. "The pay gap is a myth" "gender laws in Canada are broken" "iq is crystallized and ur whole life is determined by it"

Then people stick around to hear about his incel shit. Which he knows nothing about because he is hard headed and not an incel.

He's still fucking political. His manner of speech and emotions towards other things give clear rise as to his politics on the issue. He pretty much just calls anyone a retard for not agreeing with him just because he has sham statistics. Guess what? There are statistics for everything. That doesn't make them relevent

Attached: 1515355504290.jpg (470x611, 49K)

>JP
Go to real college please

Wrong, we used to talk about him 2 years before he got famous, just about his class leatures. You are the new fag here

Why he's famous has nothing to do with what majority of his content, his lectures, aim at.
Seems like you have only scratched the 'political' surface yourself and gathered all you care from that. How politically observant!

The topics you bring up are worth talking about, but you seem to be against that as you assuredly are already right and in the known so whatever.

???
Are you dumb?
You asked how the man is political and I gave you a straight fucking answer.

Then you tell me I'm wrong because that's not what he represents to you and the small circlejerk of autists who praise him.

Attached: 1506741974643.png (600x577, 463K)

Listened to the whole thing.

This all fits exactly.

>dad was gone because of military for more than half of my childhood
>have adhd
>ostracized as early as kindergarten
>never do homework starting at 2nd grade
>aggressive as fuck during the rest of elementary school
>few friends who all take advantage of me in middle school
>girls laugh at me
>one girl I really liked and we hung out quite a bit for a year
>friend zoned.jpg
>start playing guitar
>dad notices me for once
>practice for his approval
>oh man Im getting pretty decent
>mom somehow sets it up so I have a year where I just sit in my room playing xbox and guitar
>high school
>can not even look my peers in the eyes.
>never do work at all in any classes except band and art
>if there is a test I just sit there until the bell rings and throw it in the trash on the way out
>skipping all the time
>turn 18 and just stop going
>neet life begins
>drugs
>drugs
>drugs
>almost die
>think Im enlightened for a year
>oh wait Im just really stupid
>ocd, anxiety, and self hatred max out
>fantasize about getting the highscore with different methods

I try to have hope but when you line up so perfectly with a worst case scenario it is really discouraging. Peterson almost never talks about what you do at this point. Ive gotten a lot better in some regards, but am I ever going to really be happy? He makes it seem like the damage was done a long time ago and ill never be able to rejoin society.

You have to take it step by step, figure out a goal and aim towards it by breaking it in to small, achieveable pieces.

It's cliche, but it's really the only thing that works.

Has it worked for you? Don't just say shit just because everyone else is saying it. You might have well have said "just be yourself"

Yes, it really has.
And it's a lot different that just bee ureself dude, as you essentially can't be yourself because yourself, in the current state, is in freefall to abyss.

Attached: faggugug.png (650x500, 32K)

Really? What have you done to improve your life then?

Attached: 1509994533833.jpg (707x384, 26K)

I only play 3 out of seven days and inbetween 3 and 7 hours on avg.

I'm very picky and only choose things that are complex to master. I love Tekken 7, used to play Smash Bros Melee and Wii U all at a decently high level. The amount of options you have against an opponent and having to correctly predict and outplay your opponent is great without the feeling of having your ass glued to the seat like Chess. It helps stimulate me mentally, build up good confidence when I master a character and do well online and apply the way I learned the intricacies of the characters to learning other things irl. Played alot of other games like Dark Souls 3, MGS5 PP but they didn't last long/were dissapointing.

I enjoy Bloodborne but, it is not some peaceful childish daydream that I let myself rot in completely. It helps you get used to putting yourself in uncomftorable and terrifying situations and fears. That, and the symbolism and score were great.

However, if you're above 18 and do nothing but binge on grindey games like Runescape, you really should stop. Grindey games are the worst for the mind. Complex fighting games are the best (But aren't good if you need to destress badly)

I fucking love this picture so much.

Exactly this, couldn't have said it better.

There are some tricks that work for anyone, everything needs to be just right and then the trick comes along and everything makes *click
If you aren't very lucky you have to try a shitton of things until you see what works and what doesn't, I have been on this trip for 5 years now and almost nothing universally works unless everything around you fits. Autisticly sticking to habits was one of the best things for me and I managed to hold a few for all of 2017 but then I dropped everything and feel as terrible as ever.