/uni/

Exam results edition.

>need 64% to land 2:1
>get 48%
Back to the 2:2, I guess. How did you guys fare, fellow robots?

Attached: 1479421794297.png (686x524, 125K)

>on exchange to another uni
>expects decently competent profs cuz not ching chong for once
>lecture is shit, the contents are jumbled up and can't understand cuz engineering is a meme
>ohwelllookslikehavetomakedowithlecturenotes.png
>formulas are literally copy pasted onto the lecture notes as pictures instead of typing them out
>resolutionisfucked.webm
>still managed to make typo errors on the formulas even though they are pictures copy pasted onto the pdf

Attached: CEIUgZEUIAE-jGt.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Say this a few months ago
Wonder if that user saw that bird girl again

Attached: sad bird story.png (481x368, 35K)

100% positive the girl ran away because she thought the dude was just adding insult to injury by starting the sentence with "yeah those birds..."

Language is such a nuanced practice, I'm sure as soon as she heard those three words her brain tuned everything out and she felt so ridiculed she had to run away.

If he had just said "Don't mind the janitor, he's just grumpy he has to clean up after everyone" or "Its good that you want to feed the birds, hardly anyone ever pays attention to these beautiful creatures" Then he might have had a chance.

But no, he had to start the sentence with "yeah those birds.." haha. Now she just thinks of him like the janitor and everyone else that insults her and he's too shortsighted to notice because he assumes she heard "bird are pretty cool". You were betrayed by your first word, using an agreeable word that correlated to the last negative statement she heard.

Attached: 1519631101929.jpg (489x489, 21K)

if you attend uni you are a high-functioning faggot who should GTFO

>mfw I just got the scholarship

Attached: 1490938130271.png (1001x823, 664K)

>school has been on strike for 3
>seriously questioning all my choices
>everyone is hating the school and saying we're all fucked
>tfw degree is useless since there is no way i can become a cop since im not even big (i thought i'd get a growth spurt) and since its a liberal arts course which everyone knows will prevent me from getting a good job
>will never get gf cause too short and school is anti-social and pessimistic
>going to probably hang myself

i might go buy a rope next week

3 months*

also have a shit job and family thinks im a failure so another reason going to kill myself

are you a yorku user too? I heard the strike might be over tomorrow, apparently they're negotiating again.

yea
i have a manager who is a ta. i asked him if the strike will end anytime soon and he says maybe by september so unless thcupe and york had a change of heart last night or something i highly doubt the meeting tommorow will make a difference

>for a module we could work with another person if we wanted to
>guy in my course suggests we work together
>ok
>it went pretty well but he was extremely lazy and didn't bother writing a research journal, which was a big part for our grade
>write mine constantly throughout the term
>last week of term, begging him to start
>he doesn't even buy a book
>on the last fucking day he grabs my journal and begs to copy from me, says he'll change it up a bit so they don't realise
>afraid of us getting low marks if he doesn't submit anything so I let him
>fastforward nearly 2 months later, one of the professors finds me when I was on campus
>says we need to talk
>ohshit.jpg
>tells me me and my partner's journals are pretty much the same
>try to fib to save his ass, professor tells me both our marks will be considerably lower since we aren't allowed to 'collude' or some shit like that
>looks me in the eye and says, "he copied from you didn't he?"
>I'm a terrible liar, my nervous silence was his answer
>tells me my mark will remain the same but my partner will pretty much get 0 for the research bit

Am I an asshole for not defending him better and lying? Feel like a fucking snitch, but at the same time I was begging him every single day to start his journal.

Attached: 1473501260572.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

Is anyone else too retarded to understand the university system? I don't get what classes I need to take for transfer or what classes I need to take for a degree. Hell I don't even know what different degrees even mean or what they are useful for.

Should I just kill myself?

Attached: 89bdffc5834d2e31bb0d6256b0c99ab6.jpg (500x270, 78K)

I'm pretty sure the woman sitting in front of me and one seat to the right in the exam this morning was crying. It was really distracting.

you did the right thing, he had months to write it but chose not to. Getting a 0 was his own choice.

>i thought i'd get a growth spurt

Attached: 1509752957391.jpg (500x461, 20K)

nah youre good buddy
wouldve been justified to rat him out but you didnt even outright do that
good karma

>got firsts in all my modules this year
>because I fucked around last year and averaged a 2.2 I'm graduating with a 2.1 with a grade average of 69

Nice, how much was it worth?
I'm applying for one as well, but it's starting to look like my grade won't hold up.

>Am I an asshole for not defending him better and lying?
I hope you're joking because it fills me with rage you would even considered yourself to be at fault in this situation.

Attached: 1480721473787.jpg (403x392, 47K)

That must have sucked. If you were in my uni, you would have gotten a first because here, if you did best in the final year, grades from previous years are ignored.
Still, my average hangs around 68-69 and they won't be pushing it up so fuck my life too.

Attached: 1496404865489.jpg (600x388, 74K)

that's a relief, I guess it was the right thing to do
I'm like that. I've had people do bad shit to me and I'd feel at fault until others told me otherwise

Results are out in early June, I need 66% to get a 2:1, it's not gonna happen

>be burger
>have zero idea what the fuck this means

Are you literally me? Exactly same situation here.
Only one module left which includes poster coursework and an exam. Considering my poster concluded with "water is wet" finding, no amount of miracle in my exam is gonna save my ass.

Are you in uni for real user?Drop the fuck out or your brainletism will get you in massive debt.

>birds pissing
Was she a true fembot?After all the stuff I see about today's women that story feels like absolute fantasy.My brain can't even imagine such a scenario.

>result out
>check grades
>its shit
>immediately close feedback window

Attached: 1495839550249.jpg (1698x1140, 251K)

I'm going to community college right now. I'm taking classes because my parents would kick me out of the house if I don't. I'm just grabbing random shit though. I usually end up skipping the classes and failing because i get too socially anxious to go.
I mean I could probably figure it out but its such a fucking mess. There are so many variations. I wish they'd just standardize this shit.

Even my shittiest high school teachers absolutely demolished any single university professor I ever had in engineering. I don't know what it is, but these retarded fucking universities keep hiring pajeets and Kenyans who literally LITERALLY cannot speak English fluently and expect them to teach.

It really should be illegal to hire immigrants in teaching positions unless they have been a resident for at least 10 years. I dropped out years ago and got into IT and it still sends me seething when I think about those shitheads making big bucks doing fuck all. I figured I would have access to the best and the brightest America has to offer in return for dishing out loads of cash but of course not.

Attached: dog_blur.png (327x338, 148K)

hate this feel

Attached: 1513549587590.png (387x350, 174K)

If you can't do, teach.

1st = 70% = A
2:1 = 60% = B
2:2 = 50% = C
3rd = 40% = Shit
Less than 40% is a fail

Always amazed me that you need 90% to get an A in America, your tests must be piss easy.

I failed computer science. I have procrastinated resigning for financial aid. My mom will kill me. I will become homeless. Any tips bros? I'm going yo die

Attached: image.jpg (800x600, 238K)

First exam is in 4 days, 24% of people fail it somehow despite it being the most important module.

Want a decent buffer for 3rd year since that's when the exams really get hard.

Attached: aaaaaaah.png (575x199, 9K)

>Got 40% in 2nd year
>degree is weighted 50/50 2nd and 3rd
>need 60% just to scrape a 2:2
>mfw need mitigating circumstances to kick in.

fuck me rite

Better try and get 80% for a 2:1 so you can actually get a job :^)

>last semester of my college career
>somehow get all As and A-s

I genuinely dont understand how I did this, I barely tried in my classes.

mfw I have pulled 80+ on several assignments already this year

Probs will be under 80 after exams

I missed those days in high school where you can actually take time to learn and understand concepts as concepts and apply them, knowing full well how the concepts work.
These days in uni, it's just endless modules after modules, the profs can't explain shit fast enough and the students just take their formulas and drop that shit into the questions without fully understanding them as concepts.

Attached: 1527239491886.png (919x720, 551K)

If you're in CC in America do you even do you even get to do labs or anything? I imagine you don't get any fancy equipment if you do labs at all.

DO community colleges have laboratories?

Took four classes, got two As, two A-s. Brought my GPA down to 3.94.

>stay up for almost 2 days studying for an exam because I wanted it to be perfect
>will probably fail and get one of the lowest scores in the whole cohort
>rationalize that it was quite hard
>now that I had some sleep I realized how easy it actually was

Attached: 148923849238412.jpg (749x396, 60K)

>Falling for the not sleeping to maximize cramming time meme

I miss being able to just go with the flow and structure of classes. I hate having to make my own schedule and choose my own classes. I wish they just had pre determined routes you could choose to go in and drop out of.

They do, but we don't do anything all that fancy. They have all the tools you need for entry level stuff.

Speaking as a Brit student who did a year abroad in America, you basically have to not even be trying to get anything less than an 80%. At first appearances it may seem as if their grading scale is more severe, but once you factor in the ease of their testing, it evens out.

>be me
>first year of uni
>make no friends
>get depressed
>grades tank because of lack of motivation
>become NEET for entire first year of college because no friends
>Transfer to uni back home

Uni sucks robots

Attached: 1526682951534.png (1007x900, 49K)

>failed the same exam for the fourth time again
>it's the same reason I failed the other times
>questioning my choices
>it's already my second year
>can't change degree without those two years going to waste
I'm so close to killing myself it's not even funny.

got a 58.9 rip

How can you fucking teach something you're not able to do?

Have you never heard that phrase before? It's for people who can't get a job in their field, so teaching is a back up option.

Those that can't do, teach. Those that can't teach, teach gym.

What are you failing? Kinda nice how American colleges let you retake stuff as many times as you like. Here you're only allowed 1 retake (if that) and your grade is capped at 40%

I have the exact same user. I need to do this year again because I failed an exam for the fourth time... If only I could kill myself...

Attached: 1526234044767.jpg (1200x817, 110K)

Can't decide if I want to sleep or not before my first exam. I usually end up remembering a lot more if I spend the extra 8 hours cramming BUT last year I got a few easy maths questions wrong because I wasn't thinking straight.

My grades are worse than last semester, and last semester I spent a week in the hospital.

>wasn't in uni for 3 weeks

First draft of this essay was a disappointment, but there's still a second chance. Two exam results coming up. Didn't go well, got to hope for compensation.

I am literally feeling this right now.

t. second semester

>shit grades
>can't get internship
>too lazy to apply for jobs
Fuck

Attached: Simple farmer.jpg (500x488, 42K)

Any fembots who go to an all-girls school?

This isn't high school, you underage.

Attached: 1478897466637.png (1228x1150, 178K)

Fembots don't exist and all female unis don't exist.

I meant a womens college or whatever

>all female unis dont exist
Are you being facetious? Cause there are a few in burgerland

No I just assumed. I'm not a burger though.

>24% fail
Welp. I'm taking one tomorrow that 38% fail :3
I'm gonna be in that 38%

don't die yet, unibros

>2 A's and an F
wtf am i doing with my life

Not even slightly true, most of my engineering professors gained experience in industry, research, whatever, before deciding to teach.

The phrase is a meme made up by normies who got mad at their professors for failing them.

wagecuck for the rest of your life, user. You done fucked up :,)

we are already death

>late for exam

Attached: AAAAAAAAAA.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>didn't see a unit that was due so my 95% dropped to an 83%

Attached: 1428723253747.jpg (370x359, 50K)

I'm real fuckin worried about an essay I turned in for my politics class. Teacher made me super paranoid about plagiarism so I reread it several times and made sure my works cited page was thorough, still i'm a little weary. He said that even if you have 100% in the class getting a 0 on the essay, which he would have to do with any signs of plagiarism, would mean failing the class. I had a 95% last time I checked, got a 98 on the midterm and feel like I did well on the final so the essay is all i'm worried about.