Death Metal Band Thread

Trying to get into death metal. Been listening to a bit of Gojira.
Any suggestions?

Attached: 51QS4YQSP8L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnMgUBZ3H9c
youtube.com/watch?v=JpngcB-XoGI
youtube.com/watch?v=Acna6jcCU28
youtube.com/watch?v=4Kp0LxKTZhk
youtube.com/watch?v=zKj58_boGMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ezf8w1XSLEM
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s
chemicaust.bandcamp.com/album/unleashed-upon-this-world
youtube.com/watch?v=HEosK5CJTLw
youtu.be/0r35iPt796I
youtu.be/BN00j68-RUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Magma is a pretty nice album
there is also Reign in Blood by Slayer, it is pretty generic but still alright.

Attached: magma.jpg (500x500, 57K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FnMgUBZ3H9c

Magma is by Gojira btw

Gojira isn't really death metal. If you wanna get into that, you can start with the most popular ones like cannibal corpse or some of the new behemoth stuff. If that's not your thing you could also try out some deathcore stuff like thy art is murder

sweet! thanks guys! Magma user, what's your top three from that album?

ahhh neat alright, thanks!

Periphery is ok but if you want death metal start looking for stuff that came out in the early 2000s a treasure trove of angst

Probably would go like this:
1. The Shooting Star
2. Silvera
3. Stranded

A personal recommendation of mine would also be Polaris. They're also not death metal but i've been listening to their newest album a lot

Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Death, Venom, Razor, and Dark Forest. You're welcome.

Attached: he mongles.png (1024x768, 309K)

hahaha yeah. started digging into cannibal corpse's stuff as another user suggested, and maaan the stuff from 1993 is wild and great

awesome. gonna binge on this all night

If you like Gojira, you might also want to give some other heavy/stoner metal a try. Here's a few good ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=JpngcB-XoGI
youtube.com/watch?v=Acna6jcCU28
youtube.com/watch?v=4Kp0LxKTZhk
youtube.com/watch?v=zKj58_boGMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ezf8w1XSLEM

Inferi, equipoise, deicide, archspire, death(a 100% must listen), cannibal corpse, virulent depravity, dark matter secret, Atlantis chronicles,

oh man, i appreciate all the links haha! thank you

what are some of your favourites from Death?

No problem. Although I think I remember Gojira a bit different to what it actually was, so maybe those might not be your speed. Either way, hope you like them.

so far, everything i've checked out has been awesome, so i'm sure i'll like it :)

this is more thrash but At The Gates is really good also Exmortus

just finished listening to To Drink From The Night Itself from At The Gates. Love it

Give Terminal Spirit Disease a try. It's probably the best mix between their old stuff and their new stuff.

will do!! on a side note: i definitely have tinnitus now

You also might like older In Flames albums like The Jester Race or some of Dawn's stuff if you're into ATG.

maybe! i realize now that i'm more into the screechy, borderline screaming type stuff as opposed to the grumbly vocals but i'm open to everything

id say behemth are still pretty black metal influenced so you wouldnt really be getting "pure" death metal

Try Vektor. It's thrash not death, but still sick riffs and screeching vocals

youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

Crimson, Crimson II, and Purgatory Afterglow by Edge of Sanity are pretty entry level so they're a good place to start. If you like some stuff close to punk you might enjoy Entombed or Black Breath. If you like some stuff related to power you might like Eternal Tears of Sorrow or Wintersun. If you like melodic death metal you can try Insomnium. If you like weird electronic disco metal you might like Turmion Katilot. If you like Folk stuff you might enjoy (Old) Ensiferum, Finntroll, or Falkenbach. If you're more into black metal you might enjoy Summoning or Nokturnal Mortum. If you want some technical death metal you could look into Allageon or Gorguts. Just some examples from various genres off the top of my head.

Carcass
Obituary
Morbid Angel
Sepultura
Fear Factory
Septic Flesh

Attached: IMG20180508WA0003.jpg (500x472, 74K)

Nekrogoblicon is fucking hilarious and amazing.

Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Baroness - The Blue Album

hell yes! you went all out bud jesus christ thank you

oh fuck yeah. that's the stuff friggin bless

I flaked out and didn't go see Chemicaust tonight. I didn't wanna jump through ten hoops to just see someone from my own state.

chemicaust.bandcamp.com/album/unleashed-upon-this-world

GHOULS
ATTACK THE CHURCH
CRUSH THE HOLY PRIEST
TURNING THE CROSS TOWARDS HELL
WRITHE IN SATAN'S FLAMES

Attached: aom.jpg (500x500, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=HEosK5CJTLw

Attached: 1498446048557.jpg (800x800, 310K)

I'd like to go see Widower next week but they're probably going on too early for me.

youtu.be/0r35iPt796I

if you're into screechy shit, you want black metal. Check out Bathory, Burzum, and the earlier work of Gorgoroth before that pretentious fuckstain Gaahl took over as vocalist and made everything an excuse for manufactured pauses so he could say "Satan"

Attached: 31841546_1930026273687813_7471432341122973696_n.jpg (540x960, 24K)

the screechiest

youtu.be/BN00j68-RUY

lmao that's sad - and sure thing! thanks :)

holy shit that's actually great hahaha