Hello anons. What interests you? Let's talk about our autistic interests that we usually don't get to talk about

Hello anons. What interests you? Let's talk about our autistic interests that we usually don't get to talk about.
I feel very passionately for the Star Wars Expanded Universe. The old EU before (((Disney))) took over. I'm a big fan of the NJO series and I like Jacen Solo because he has an interesting personality. I also like the KOTOR games and the Darth Bane trilogy. If someone would like to read my autistic EU rant I will oblige and I will read your rants as well.

Attached: Traitor_Cover.jpg (655x1030, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eTCKCNt7X7f1O3L7adOyEKkdVxa0Qm2H
drive.google.com/open?id=1PEfmcHdtxmTTGDoAH_4Y51dhNYAKP4b8
youtube.com/watch?v=FTM3TbgwZqs
youtube.com/watch?v=bOV2dGdFbGk
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump pls anons let's have a comfy interests thread

I grew up behind Matt Stover. He was kicker for the Ravens though.

My interests are pretty broad pic related just a small part of my library

Attached: 2AF7DD28-CCD4-4BA4-B004-E160A1C7D23C.jpg (4032x1637, 1.5M)

I really like song of fire and ice and like to imagine im a lord in the universe. Not that gay shit like one of the starks or lannisters. One of the little houses that just gets to sit in his castle and sometimes have a little brawl with my neighbour over a piece of land or village or something.

>song of fire and ice
>not gay shit

You can only have one if you wanted both should of stuck with LoTR pleb

I've never watched a complete Star Wars movie

>tfw all the "nerd" type girl that I'm attracted to love these stupid fucking consumerist bugman franchises
>meanwhile I'd rather shoot myself in the face than be forced to watch some fucking retarded superhero movie

Attached: 1523737181509.png (1377x1539, 109K)

I'm a massive fan of the EU and especially the Old Republic. I also have an autistic obsession with the Mandalorians.

Attached: boba_fett_by_mitchgrave-d8oskjx.jpg (774x1032, 112K)

The old Star Wars EU is much better than those awful Disney movies that you're thinking of.

Attached: kotor.jpg (1510x2138, 502K)

i am autistically a huge fan of the naughty dog crash bandicoot games so much that i can name ten different obscure facts about the development behind them all

there's plenty of other interests i autistically like but this is just one of them

Reading lore expanding books but in this current year it seems to be reading anything in general.
>Someone calls someone else a Cretin
>Give the etymology of Cretin
>Asked where I learned it
>Mention the text on ancient Greece I learned it from
>Get scoffed at and called weird
>Ask what's so weird about reading books centered around my interests and list my various interests
>She laughs at me and calls it a waste of time
It takes a modicum of self-discipline to read on your own time. Would explain why she's a 600lb piece of shit with a horrible attitude, 1000 medical problems she expects us to pick up the slack for, and an illegal alien """fiance""" who's blatantly only using her for a green card.

In addition, Republic Commando is my favorite Star Wars book series.

The only Star Wars movie I watched was the one where they're having a race in a desert somewhere and these weird CGI aliens who look like Jews were also present.

I got really bored and stopped watching. I never even watched the Disney movies.

We're talking about the EU, not the movies you faggot. Can you fucking read?

Attached: angry cat.jpg (1000x843, 98K)

Halo lore. The video game series. Someone quiz me.

Nice, I like the EU but not a fan of the stuff that goes really far back (Old Republic) or much beyond the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Old Republic sounds worth getting into

What was Grace-093's specialty?

Can you give me a quick summary of who the Forerunners and precursors were and how they relate to humans? And where do the Flood and the Covenant tie into all this? It's all so confusing.

Attached: 1516095815093.jpg (1080x1080, 66K)

Have any of you ever read Shatterpoint, the Clone Wars era Mace Windu centered book?

Some of you may laugh at this, but the universe of Thomas the Tank Engine has surprisingly elaborate lore. The series is decades old, and there are a multitude of books that take place within the universe and go into the lore. The TV shows don't go that deep into the lore, so if you're actually interested in the full extent of worldbuilding, you have to read the books.

I used to read the books a lot as a child. The worldbuilding actually isn't too bad, all things considered. The most notable thing is that it is really in-depth. There's an entire language called Sudric that was widely spoken on the island before their culture became Anglicized. The Island of Sodor is less than a 100 miles across if I recall. It was never really explained why such a small island relies so much on railroads.

The IoS is heavily dominated by corporate interests, and it is obvious that there are very few, if any worker's rights. Not exactly a proper Corporatist economy as I'd prefer. The Fat Controller shows no mercy towards engines that threaten his authority, and ipso facto threaten his profits by causing confusion and delay. He has not hesitated to take a few pages of Machiavelli's book.

Mind you, he may merely be punishing train engines, but these engines are sentient beings in their own right, they have a sense of self, a desire for self preservation, pride, a need to adapt, a need to be appreciated, etc. They're not exactly soulless automatons. Efficiency is important, yes, and even the trains of the Northern Railway should be industrious, but Sir Topham Hatt goes way too far many times, and I am not even sure he's paying his engines fair wages.

>or much beyond the Yuuzhan Vong invasion
I might be in the minority here but I really liked the Legacy of the Force series. I like Jacen and I think his transformation into Darth Caedus and how it relates to his time with Vergere was interesting.
I would have liked to read more about Jacen's five year journey exploring the galaxy and learning different philosophy and Force techniques from various esoteric Force using groups. But (((Disney))) has killed that dream. Now we just get gay shit instead.

I have, loved it. Liked how it explains the planet he was from and gave you his perspective.

Here's one of my old favorite books I have in my collection, still read it to this day.

Attached: thomascol.jpg (480x640, 33K)

Hey, I'm reading that series right now! I finished Vector Prime a few weeks ago and I'm reading Dark Tide I: Onslaught right now! Jacen sure is going through some changes. Plus seeing Anakin and Mara alone on Dantooine is giving me gentle femdom vibes. Good taste OP.

Attached: AnakinSolo_EA.jpg (664x900, 814K)

I vaguely remember reading some of the pre 2000's EU including Tales of the Bounty Hunters, and the old Han trilogy. I liked the origin they gave Boba pre Clone Wars much better desu.
The Imperial Civil War mod for Empire at War FOC is pretty fun since they have the New Republic, Empire of the Hand, the Pentastar Alignment and a smattering of minor warlords on Galactic Conquest

I like it, also the old games are great too. I'm trying to be interested in the new EU since I have no life but it's full of faggots or sjw shit like that. I literally binge-watched all the fucking fanfilms on youtube recently. Can you beat my autism OP?

Attached: big_1483805190_image.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I recently became interested in the star wars extended universe because of that dog shit rebels series, specifically I became interested in Thrawn.
Dude's cool in the original books but is a little more of a push over in the shitty cartoon, anything post prequels is trash.

Did you ever get to that series where Luke and his son follow Jacen's path of learning, eventually forcing them to team up with a lost sith tribe to defeat Abeloth, a rediculously powerful being connected to the Celestials from that clone wars episode?

Old Republic>New Republic

Except maybe for the Jedi Knight games

Attached: 3.jpg (700x525, 94K)

>I'm trying to be interested in the new EU since I have no life but it's full of faggots or sjw shit like that.
Don't even bother with the Disneyshit user. Not worth the time. Just stick to the old EU.
Jacen >>> Kylo
Jaina >>> Rey

Attached: jacen solo.png (283x434, 315K)

This "BasedBoy" meme is getting out of hand, and honestly it's just REALLY Fuking ignorant. I have been lactose intolerant since I was a child. I literally sh!t myself in the 2nd grade once. I grew up eating loads of Onions and rice based versions of dairy products, onions milk, onions ice cream, onions cheese, you fuking name it! My parents didn't force them down my throat either. I loved the Onions foods immensely. I am currently Six Foot Fuking Four. I have a massive fuking beard and a decently sized 7 inch cock with visible veins. I am attending University, studying for a PhD in Math, any job I want, $300k+ starting fuking salary. Who is the BasedBoy now Phaggots?

Attached: 1521674142149.jpg (307x352, 25K)

One thing that really pisses me off about disney star wars is they could've easily used Kreia for their feminist woman hero...

Instead they used a cast of bland characters that are only saved by the fact that the actors are half decent.

Finally, another /EU/tist on this planet. Nothing to add to the thread, but i appreciate your existence.

Got the Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast games recently, they're old but jumping around dodging nu-sith is pretty fun

Yep I read that series. It was interesting although I didn't like the Abeloth part. It was too cartoonish and over the top. But I did enjoy the dynamic between Luke and Ben trying to make an alliance with the lost Sith tribe.

Alright sweet. This is all from memory so here goes nuthin. So the general idea is that hundreds of millions of years ago or some shit the precursor dudes were basically gods and they went around creating intelligent life and shit. So they made 2 species: humans and forerunners. The precursors wanted to give their "mantle of responsibility" to the humans (basically the responsibility of caring for the universe) but the forerunners didn't like that so they revolt against the precursors and somehow win.

The precursors are practically driven to extinction, but they preserve their biology by turning themselves into this weird dust thing. This will tie back in later. So basically then just heaps of time passes and the forerunners just forget about the precursor war pretty much and just mark it down as legend. Note that forerunners and humans are at about the same technological level in this time period (millions of years). One day a bunch of humans stumble across this unknown ancient stuff covered in this weird bio-dust thing (remember?) and it kind of acts like a genetic modifier type thing. The humans love it and use it as pets and shit. Eventually the pets start mutating and becoming aggressive and stuff and boom that's the flood.

So the flood starts infecting human worlds, and the humans can't do shit because it's the fucking flood. So their policy basically becomes to sterilize every planet they detect as having a flood spore. One day a spore ends up on a forerunner planet, so the humans glass it. Thing is, the forerunners hadn't heard of the flood so they see it as a genocidal declaration of war. So the forerunners fight the humans and win, due to the humans being weakened by the flood. Since the forerunners are so "guardians of the universe" and all they don't eradicate humanity, they just reverse their evolution back to the stone age or some shit

P2 incoming

It was pretty good seeing Ben and that qt Sith girl try and hook up too

As a child and teenager I was autistically obsessed with Tolkien's works. As an adult, I now make worlds of my own as a dungeon master. I'm so passionate about the games that I run though that I usually get irritated with my players, who rarely bother to try and roleplay, really learn about the systems we play or give a shit about building a story and world together.

It chaps my ass Jow Forums. I have two exceptional players right now and all I want is a full party of people who love playing fantasy-pretend as much as I do.

>they're old but
They're perfectly OK with some HD packs. Literally the most perfect jedi sims. It's a shame Disney is doing nothing with that franchise except that horrible EA shit. We could have such great games.

I'm glad Filone CW is canon though, there were some shitty episodes of course but some great arcs too. Rebels is horrible though.

>liking CW trash with "muh stronk womyn"
Come on user. I'm trying to be nice since you have good taste in games like Jedi Knight but come the fuck on.

why would you talk to people like that

Speaking of CW, did you get around to watching the "Season 6" that was first released on Netflix?
What about those clips that had the voice acting done, but barebones animation/models?

Ahh Soda had actual character development though

The halo 4-era lore novels are set during this general period. Don't read them, it's total shit.
So after the forerunners kick the shit out of humans they wind up against the flood thing that the humans had been fighting the whole time. They realize their mistake over the forerunner-human war but they can't do shit because humans are all cavemen now. So then basically the forerunner-flood war happens, the un-didact (or il-didact? he had a weird prefix) wants to turns cavemen people into promethians (the orange enemy type in halo 4/5) to fight the flood but that doesn't happen and the halo rings are built and then fired.

Everything happens normally after that, human history happens and the covenant forms due to the discovery of forerunner artifacts (the halo ring obliterated everything precursor related) and yeah nah the events of the game happens. So there you go. Halo lore

Talk to somebody like what?

I have all the blurays including the sixth one. They had to put a fucking Jar jar double episode in that. yoda arc is great though.

Ashoka is OK and gets a good development throughout the show since she's literally Filonis waifu. The last arc of Season 5 is kino and Coruscant is gorgeous in this.

Thanks user. I have a few questions. The didact is that boss at the end of Halo 4 right? Who are these cavemen people that he wants to turn into Promethians, and what exactly are they? The Forerunners built the Halo rings right? What did they fire them for? Was that to kill the Flood?
What is the Flood's goal? I gather they are intelligent since they have the Gravemind and they used to be the precursors. What are they trying to accomplish?
Where did the Covenant come from? Are they related to the Forerunners or humans or precursors in any way?

I don't know what EU means you fucking giga-nerd. European Union Star Wars?

Extended Universe, you're as dim as a bantha herder.

What do you guys think about Christopher Tolkien and the Tolkien Trust?
I'm glad he won't allow anymore movies, but what will happen when he dies, he's already 93.
Glad he went through with the Beren and Luthien, Children of Hurin and Gondolin book deals though

Ok so yeah the didact is the boss at the end of Halo 4 that you chuck into the portal. The cavemen people I was talking about were the human race, which was reverted to the stone age by the forerunners after being defeated by them. The promethians are the orange npc's you fight in Halo 4/5. IIRC there was a cutscene in Halo 4 where they find out that the promethians have digitalized human memories? That's what I'm talking about. The didact originally wanted to turn humans into promethians as foot soldiers againt the flood. After all, they're basically robots and the flood can't consume robots. Yeah so the halo rings were built by the forerunners to wipe the galaxy of all intelligent life. They did this because they were losing against the flood and they only way to stop them was to wipe out their food (intelligent life). The forerunners had set up a system so planets could be re-seeded with certain species after the activation of the rings, so that's why intelligent life exists at all in the games.

The flood's goal was simply to consume all life. They're basically zombies. Gravemind was just a collective hivemind created from the minds of all the beings the flood consumed. I don't know if them being the precursors had anything to do with their motive, but it's a pretty simple motive anyway. Now, the covenant was just a religious group of aliens lead by those ugly-ass floating chair aliens that found forerunner tech and hailed the halo rings as their entry into heaven. They're not related to the forerunners/precursors like humans are, they're just random unimportant aliens pretty much.

Chewbacca death sure was "crushing"

Whatever you small-souled bugman. None of your fantasy universes are real. Harry Potter isn't real, Dumbeldore's Army isn't real and you're not in it.

Attached: 500-327.jpg (500x327, 23K)

Not him but nobody was implying that you baiting dipshit

Harry Potter is gay normie shit. Don't ever compare it to Star Wars EU (real SW, not Disney) again.

Attached: disgusted cat.png (603x432, 345K)

Seriously, download the Knights Of The Force mod for Jedi Academy

STUCK-UP, HALF-WITTED, SCRUFFY-LOOKING NERF HERDER
GET OUT OF HERE YOU NORMIE SON OF A BANTHA
REEEE

Attached: yope.png (727x791, 710K)

Just my waifu relationship involving two characters from different series, brought together by my love, and our sexy stuff. That's what I care about, but there doesn't seem to be any good communities out there for 2d love, that's respectful, nurturing, and not about egotistical narcissists who just want to show off their obsession with rules and politics before moving on after a year.

Harry Potter, Star Wars, Bat Man, Gay of Thrones, Lord of the Rings. All the same shit. All the same dumb and boring crap.

Attached: 1525279873829.jpg (1024x766, 118K)

Thank you based Halo user. What's your favorite Halo game? I really like the first two. I love the multiplayer maps in Halo CE and I miss playing them.

I hate to break it to you but all these retarded shitty cash cow "NERDYYY" franchises are for normalfag bugmen with thick-rimmed glasses who should be exterminated in nuclear-powered gas chambers.

>I don't like this thing so you shouldn't as well
oh boy, you're so wise user pls tell me more.

I've had great times in every Halo game, especially the Halo 3 campaign, but I've been really getting into Halo 1 PC + mods and Halo Online ElDewrito lately. I have GDrive download links for both if you want them

>SW
>Halo
Why aren't you a fans of real sci-fi universes like Warhammer 40000, Dune and Known Space.

What do you like user? What are your interests and hobbies?

Dune is awesome, I got into Halo when I was 12 though and I thought all sci fi was great. I admit now that the Halo lore is shit, despite having it memorized.

>you're so wise user
Thanks, you can just call me "Jedi Master" if that makes it easier for you to accept my authority...

> pls tell me more.
Sure, the pleasure is all mine. You see, the small-souled bugman is not to be confused with the iggantic insect - the alienated man - of Kafka's Metamorphosis, the small-souled bugman is very much a 'well adjusted', fully integrated neuron in today's neoliberalist techno-corporate hive mind.

A consequence of a perlously overpopulated, brutally capitalistic, shamelessly hedonistic, morally decaying society, the humble bugman has come to define an age of technological dystopia in which everyone has everything - their gadget, their fast foods, their fasion accessories - but somehow everyone also has nothing - no community, no natural spirit, no substance of mind. He is a zombified consumer, an emasculated wage slave, a vessel emptied of meaning and refilled with plastic, pixels and silicone.

Attached: bugmen.jpg (960x518, 45K)

Warhammer seems over the top for me, but I think I'll start Dune soon, I vaguely remember getting through 50% of the 1st book in 5th grade

Okay Jow Forums user

I gotta log off now so I'll just leave the links here. Multiplayer works fully so I hope you can have fun playing CE maps again. Thank you for engaging with my autism user.

Halo 1 PC:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eTCKCNt7X7f1O3L7adOyEKkdVxa0Qm2H

Halo Eldewrito (Halo 3 Multiplayer PC):
drive.google.com/open?id=1PEfmcHdtxmTTGDoAH_4Y51dhNYAKP4b8

I like the EU, too, OP. I just started Legacy of the Force. NJO was kinda boring, and the Dark Nest stuff felt pretty pointless. But I know Jacen turns to the dark side in this series, so maybe this one will be better.

>Knights Of The Force mod for Jedi Academy
Shit's looking fucking great. Dd they make a story or is that separate sequences?

youtube.com/watch?v=FTM3TbgwZqs

I'm a big fan of Fateshit and other series from Type Moon.
Still the best worldbuilding I've seen so far in fiction, and it started out from a fucking porn game.

Attached: UTW_Fate_Apocrypha_16_h264720pC7FFA862.mkv_snapshot_09.55_2018.03.03_22.33.02.jpg (520x720, 60K)

Why don't you try writing your own Star Wars novels?

>What are your interests
definitely not spending 3 hours of my life consuming shitty mass-produced fiction for tumblrinas and redditors

You're really reluctant to share what you do, maybe because it's just as stupid as every other form of entertainment?

user, do you really want to base your identity around the things you hate instead of the things you love?
It's fine to disagree with other people's tastes, but I'd feel bad for you if you spend more time hating others than loving your own hobbies.

Attached: 1526384026641.gif (487x560, 898K)

Jacen is so much cooler and more interesting than his gay Disney counterpart Kylo.
Why does Disney have to ruin everything

star wars is the most normie tier "nerdy" thing ever.

The movies, yes. Not the EU.

The old EU is literally free from any normies. Except maybe Shadows of the empire (but just the shitty game though).

I wish I had things I like or interests like you, anons. I literally have nothing to talk about

Who says I'm basing my identity around it because I'm spending a little bit of my time bantzing some fags on Jow Forums?

And lemme tell you, hating on dumb as fuck pop culture franchises is a great way to blow off some steam. I am so sick and tired of all these dumb whores who want to watch these boring ass "nerdy" Netflix shows with me.

I enjoy reading or learning about history, psychology, cosmology, metaphysics, philosophy and religion. Other than that I enjoy music, swimming, psychedelic drugs and occassional gaming (though even that has drastically declined because I face the same issue with modern games that I do with these TV shows and movies, it's boring me to death). I'd love to travel around the world but I'm not rich.

>I enjoy reading or learning about history, psychology, etc.
Okay, why aren't you in a thread about those things instead of bothering us in our thread?

Oh fuck Knights of the Force

There's a reason none of the websites used to host the original TimFX version

Who says I can't simulatenously post in other threads as well? But right now I'm enjoying hating on your shitty nerd bugman shit more than I enjoy those other things - like I said, it's a great way to blow off some steam! Sick of living in a society where everyone is absorbed in their fantasy universes and I have to try and pretend I care about following the plot of some Netflix series or remembering the names of the characters in these stupid superhero movies.

No need to take it personal, fag.

Attached: the what be with what.jpg (1200x1035, 252K)

I didn't like him much at the beginning of the NJO with his passive philosophy and stance on the war, but he's developed nicely since his training with Vergere. Definitely a very dynamic character. It'll be interesting seeing his complete fall (no spoilers plz).

>Sick of living in a society where everyone is absorbed in their fantasy universes and I have to try and pretend I care about following the plot of some Netflix series or remembering the names of the characters in these stupid superhero movies.
My dude, you don't have to follow that shit.
I actually enjoy this retarded shit, it's a lot sadder that you, a guy that hates this stuff, feels the need to, as you stated, "Pretend I care about following the plot of some netflix series," fuck those people that try to drage you into their retarded shit but fuck you even more for not being true to yourself and faking your interests.
People will accept you for who you are, you don't have to pretend for them.

I'm just warning you user, you're not gonna grow up as a person if you keep looking down.
Don't spend too much time judging others for what they do and like, spend more time improving yourself instead. Be an example, not a critic.

Attached: 1526931509709.png (565x541, 157K)

Just find some fictional series/franchise you like and then autistically obsess over it. It could be about the characters, the lore, the universe/worldbuilding, whatever. That's pretty much what my interests boil down to. It requires no effort or higher thought at all.

Please don't let this thread die I need more friends to talk about the EU with please!

I think KOTOR 2 is the best, especially with TCLRCM. Star Wars is shit without EU, and Mandalorians had such an impact on galactic history it's a shame to see them go to waste under Disney.

I ain't into the EU that much, but from what I've heard it seems to be way better than the shit Disney is pushing so have a bump for a nice thread.

Anyone remember this commercial for Vector Prime?

youtube.com/watch?v=bOV2dGdFbGk

Don't fucking die please someone bump

I really like wars in Eastern Europe, and the Vietnam war. I spend a lot of my time playing games, or mods for games that are set in either location. I also have a WASR 10 and I'm looking to buy a semi automatic M16A1 clone.

Do you play TOR? It's the only Legends media that's still active after Disney scrapped everything.

I love audio gear, especially synths, samplers and drum machines, but don't make music. Also a car person without a license. Seriously, my phone pictures are mostly cars, when I see a beautiful car I can't help but take a closer look.

Attached: IMG_20180430_164654209_resized.jpg (1600x900, 272K)

I used to but I stopped because I didn't like the endgame stuff. Knights of the Fallen Empire was really lame. Ironically though the trailer for it was pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A