What is the anime mindset? How do I get into it? I enjoyed NHK and Steins;Gate. Rest was meh

What is the anime mindset? How do I get into it? I enjoyed NHK and Steins;Gate. Rest was meh

Attached: 1513202406254.jpg (346x346, 18K)

What the fuck is the "anime mindset"?

There's nothing wrong with enjoying good shows for what they are.
Do you want to enjoy anime because it's anime and not because it's a great story? That would be low iq.

the emotion which drives its appeal

there are hardly any anime with great story
and even if there is there are better alternatives in western entertainment

You need to say what you didn't like too. It probably has to do with your taste. You could start by watching other things that fit your taste, but eventually you'll have to expand to other styles too and after that lower your standards.

You can't get into it. Either you have autism or you don't.

List what you've seen so far, user-kun

Attached: 1513144053504.jpg (960x947, 76K)

There are as many genres of anime as there sre of movies and music. You cant really pin the entire medium to one specific emotion. Some shows are meant to make you feel, some are meant to make you think, some are meant to bombard you with flashy colors whole you mindlessly stuff your face with cheetosor pocky if youre a weeb. Some are meant to make you horny, some are meant to make you depressed. Anime is a broad spectrum so I dont think there is any one "emotion" it appeals to.

I wouldn't say that's true. I enjoyed Psycho-Pass, Darker Than Black, The Last Exile, Knights of Sidonia, The Evangelions and also S;G. I don't think these have particularly bad stories, and although many many good western (normal) movies exist, they are not the same.
I still wouldn't say "I watch Anime" as I did not watch these for their art style per say.
The typically anime aspects like fan service are indeed kinda offputting.

>He hasn't seen Zipang
>He hasn't seen Ashita no Joe
>He hasn't seen Monster
>He hasn't seen most animu movies
>He hasn't seen LoGH and other space operas
>He hasn't seen Rose of Versailles and other historical dramas

>LoGH
Did you mean to say
Cringe Fest 9000

Depends upon how far you want to go, you can probably burn quite a bit of time watching compelling anime friendly for western audiences, but once you get through them you'll have to drop or diversify, which would entail acquiring taste for slightly more specific genre of anime, be it something like shonen or CGDCT, which can then carry you for ages, even if you get burned then you can try lowering your standards and watching things just for sake of watching things or picking up more genres.

The biggest hurdle is probably when the novelty wear off and teh most obvious titles get consumed, then you're most likely to drop the media as a whole, which isn't that terrible, many people don't get past it and it's pretty natural, but if you want to pursue anime, then you can alway put in more effort to try to pull though.

OP,
It honestly just depends, what do you mean by the anime mindset? is it totally weebing out and buying Chinese plastic dolls? Or is it watching shows nonstop with no breaks? If it's either, than just go down the weaboo, if it's not hen you just have to specify. Just saying "The Anime Mindset" is extremely vague.

Everything need to be cute.

Unlike neck beard pepe. Also you need to be skinny IRL not to feel like a creep.

Attached: 085c21dc776458e649bdb63d0fac9058.jpg (940x920, 90K)

Shut up fag, LoGH is putting Asimov's Foundation into motion, and it's glorious.
>b-but muh ebin space battalgias
>I have no attention span

you probably watch marvel , faggot.

You have to be at least a latent homosexual to "get into anime"

Requesting verdict on TG re so far, only seen what previous material there was, does it pick up after where the old ended?

It's not related to S2 so thank God.

Has a nice ending song.

Attached: c844a1eb-051c-49c7-8cf8-96978bb6fe00.gif (268x300, 851K)

It's almost like anime is a medium with a wide array of different genres and subgenres.
Go watch Katanagatari.

Attached: 1468867831720.png (800x600, 415K)

It does pick up where things left off about a year or so later. This Suzuya poster is fucking retarded and needs to get a trip so i can filter them.

I havent watched the anime but going by the manga, the first part of re will be good while it drags in the later half when everything starts happening.

A person with whom I am regularly acquainted is also a fan of Steins;Gate. I'm not sure what to suggest.