Why does Jow Forums hate rap? I dont understand

Why does Jow Forums hate rap? I dont understand.

Attached: 37A3A4A6-BA06-413E-B360-5718EB35ACC9.jpg (467x700, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQV_cULobA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZytWFm7x0
open.spotify.com/track/3BNjuJBicYBzcgos3TPlOx?si=apgUa02_TmiOMXXqpftEug
youtube.com/watch?v=cpV2HnbFjy8&list=RDMMcpV2HnbFjy8&start_radio=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You kidding? Jow Forums worships it for some reason. Say anything negative about it and you're instantly grouped on by tons of thought police.

i dont hate rap
i hate mumbling, brain-dead niggers and wanna be niggers

Understandable. Originalogioli

tfw the worst rapper alive is a white Christian boy

The worst rapper alive is lil baby

Bump cunts

It's stupid. You're rhyming to a beat okay. This is basically children's music but you act like it's profound and complicated.

I don't necessarily hate it, but usually the fan base for most rap music are insufferable manbabies who take themselves too seriously.

I just don't like it as a genre but I find some songs in any genre to be acceptable. overall rap just isn't my go to.

Its more than just rhyming. Theres multi syllabic rhyming, metaphors, euphemisms, storys, metaphors, wordplay. Its pretty impressive.

> can't sing
> can't play instruments
> sample real music with little understanding about the theory on how it is made
> it all sounds the same
> mostly an excuse to thump bass which is 10x louder than the actual 'song'
> made by criminiggers

Gee, I don't know

You obviously havent heard any good good rappers, good djs, good mcs. Youre missing out.

>impressive
Not really. Do you think ham-boning or beat-boxing is impressive?

If its impeccible then yes. Have you heard anything from people such as doom and such?

It is low culture. Sure you can practice and get better, but it is still not impressive compared to something like an Opera.

Red pill me on why opera is so impressive then

And rap isnt low culture. Have you listened to TPAB? Late registration?

The standards of performance are much higher in classical music. It takes a lot of skilled people to perform and a lot of talent to think up.

>Sure you can practice and get better, but it is still not impressive compared to something like an Opera
why is opera impressive then
>the standards are much higher
do you fucking hear yourself you absolute brainlet?

It takes skilled people to write a heavily metaphorical story piece that has constant multi syllable rhyming and wordplay throughout. Not to mention the composition of a good beat in hip hop.

Rap could be pretty nice, but the most popular ones seem to be rather dreadful thematically. I really cannot stand the gangster nigger culture, so I cannot stand music associated with it either, though I liked some rap over time, like horrorcore when it's self-conscious.

>brainlet
Okay, mr I only consume low culture.

>It takes skilled people to write a heavily metaphorical story piece that has constant multi syllable rhyming and wordplay throughout.
No, it doesn't. Wandering hobos used to do this for a living. Rhyming to a beat is not hard.

Thats why I prefer the rise of the beast coast movement. It features young rappers who have actual talent.

nigger tier trash music

firstly, i wasnt the original user who you were replying too, and i dont listen to rap
secondly, okay what? do you have something to fucking say?

>do you have something to say
>he says replying to my post

You dont know what multi syllabic rhyming is do you. Also its not hard to scream Italian words for a living. Hobos do that in modern day Rome.

>You dont know what multi syllabic rhyming is do you.
It's pretty obvious from the name what it means.
>Also its not hard to scream Italian words for a living
It actually is very hard and takes a lot of practice to hit the right notes. You must also consider that the Opera singer is just one part of a much greater collaboration of people who must all perform to a high level of excellence.

Kike producers.

Attached: a wyatt mann.jpg (431x600, 79K)

And as I explained it takes skill to incorporate that rhyming, metaphors, euphemisms, and wordplay over a story consisting of 100 plus bars.

Theres a lot of independent rappers out there.

>it takes skill
Comparatively not a lot.

But the music industry in america has gotten to the point where the image of a fat-lipped nigger rapping about how much money he has/drugs he shoots up is the assumed norm behind our culture's music.

Attached: whosbehindthatpost.png (453x557, 50K)

Whelp you really rustled my arguement here. Cant wait to see your next project at the top of /mu/ since its so simple to write nigher music kek based classical music. No wonder you enjoy it Mozart was a pedophile and an autist.

But that is not the entirety of rap music.

It's 90% of it.

Yh and 90 percent of Jow Forums is most likely racist but if the government wanted to shut it down s da hate website you would flip

Fuck all niggers. They should burn.

Attached: maximum euphroia acquired.gif (374x254, 1.75M)

I will concede that there are probably a handful of people out there who can rap at the same level as people who play classical instruments.
There is however only so much you can do with that skill, when you aren't also a profound thinker and you work with 2-3 people tops.
Take Beethoven for example. His music was heavily inspired by the German philosopher Schiller. There is nothing like this in the rap community.

rap is for fags and niggers

im not a fag and im not a dirty nigger

Attached: 15210844046094.png (602x720, 593K)

The whole of TPAB was based on the struggles of activists in the rap game who were intellectual geniuses but trapped in the government orchestrated society while also linking it back to Kendrick and his family. Earl sweatshirt based alot of his music off nihilist philosophies. Capital steez and the rest of the beast coast based almost all there music off teaching from people like ram das and Terence McKenna

>intellectual geniuses
People who grew up in the ghetto with drugs and parties? Compared to extremely erudite, classically educated thinkers?

In the end I guess classical music and rap are almost incomparable due to one consisting of instruments and music theory and the other being heavily based on what I guess can be called poetry.

>be nigger
>have no artistic ability or musical talent
>kikes over at goldstein records inc offer you a membership
>go to recording studio
>AYYYOOOO ONE TWO ONE TWO ASS NIGGA SHIT ASS NIGGA FUCK SHIT FUCK NIGGA SHIT MUHFUGGA WHITE WOMEN TITTIES NIGGA SHIT
>money starts rolling in
>make more money than other people will in 5 fucking life times

Attached: jewhands.png (215x215, 10K)

The philosophers in that time had the time to deal with such things. People like MLK, Malcolm X, Louis X, tupac Shakur and suck dealt with social problems and in some cases spiritual and religious ones

>my life is hard I feel trapped and frustrated I try to excel despite of my circumstances
That's about the level of depth in a "profound" rap song.

Something about blacks being historically mistreated and how you gotta sell crack to make it in the ghetto?

Is that a nike sign on the hand. Yep niggers will jump to the Jew.

What rap have you actually listened to?

I hate trap. Most of the complaints this board has with rap are actually problems with trap. The sound sampling, the overused beats, the gratuitous and laughable wannabe thuggery.

Certain anons from a certain board hate black people

Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G, Eazy E, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, DMX, Tyler the Creator, Hopsin.
of the top of my head.

>I hate muh trap
>Muh MF Doom and le old school
Faggot a lot of trap is good also old school is good. Travis Scott is great over trap beats. Childish Gambino is dope on trap beats.

oh and I forgot, my favorite rapper, Viper the Rapper.

Travis is a brilliant composer

Dope MCs but sorry mate, tired of "Muh real rap" meme.

Yall cowards dont even smoke crack oroginolioioioi

What Kendrick have you studied

I have not studied any rap. My friend used to put it on. Kendrick Lamar is the guy who goes
>mad city pow pow pow

Would you mind listening to two songs from Kendrick? Ill send links to the thread

sure, I will listen.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQV_cULobA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZytWFm7x0

Also this one. Dk if you can use Spotify but if not it should be available somewhere

open.spotify.com/track/3BNjuJBicYBzcgos3TPlOx?si=apgUa02_TmiOMXXqpftEug

I read the lyrics and I do not see anything particularly profound. He seems genuine, but not really analytical.

r9k love them

Attached: poijiojoip.jpg (2000x1125, 186K)

How much a dollar cost goes a lot deeper into lyrical content

Also you should look into mf doom. He seems to be a favourite pick of the pretentious snobs of /mu/. Check his album with marlin, madvilliany

Attached: 9E93EA6C-CC24-4F0A-8435-80AE58CFCFFA.jpg (911x585, 98K)

lt is good. I still think the delivery is lacking though.

Yes its meant to pump you up, cause its a rap song after all, but if you cared to listen a sentence later he says

"This is not a rap on how I'm slingin crack or move cocaine
This is cul-de-sac and plenty Cognac and major pain
Not the drill sergeant, but the stress that weighing on your brain"

This isnt meant to be mind blowing or life changing, this is a song about the tough and aggressive life in the "hood" and hes trying to tell you in the very start this isnt one of those bragging songs about "muh bitches muh drhuugs"
He has better and deeper lyrics, and more silly and relaxed ones.
Another thing, rap has its style, and even if the artist is saying something important or meaningful he won't go "ahem. The living conditions in the slums are rather poor indeed..." but what he will do is make a very good beat, very good lines and rhymes and try to convey it in a way he knows how, and if you listen, you will get the same message. Not every rapper is Lil Pump, and even the better ones have more serious and deep songs, and silly, feel good/get pumped songs.

You need to understand the style to appreciate it.

Youll definitely like mf doom then. Check out his song bhatty boyz. A delightful tune.

I do like some music that is similar to rap. Like folk music, jazz or wave. I just don't think it can compare to something like O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. We are talking completely different degrees of effort and sophistication required.

Yea I cant say I can put on some Bach and fully appreciate his music. I need to listen to Mozart first for example to get an idea of the type of music and sort of work my way up and then when I do tune in some Bach I can understand and enjoy the piece like its meant to. Yet I have no pallet or idea of whats good whats bad, what does this or that mean, so its all the same to me.

Similarly, you are used to that kind of music, and dislike this type, which is understandable, but ive grown up on this sorta thing and can compare some good Kendrick for example as you've heard him, to some shitty Lil Pump for example, and say yea, Kendrick has better beats and lyrics, more substance in his songs etc. But to you its two black dudes yellin pow pow.

We can agree to disagree, but I still claim rap to be a multi layered, complex and beautiful art form.

>Mfdoomfags leave
Overrated monotone nigger. Earl is also overrated. Fitting a whole bunch of multiple rhymes into bars that don't make sense is not special and is shitty. Rather listen to Lil Uzi Vert than these emotionless "le real rap boom bap lofi" niggers.

Attached: 6f4.png (960x720, 568K)

Hip-hop for the most part is conceptually focused around boasting about your status.
The concept of a robot revolves around self-loathing and being a reject.
The two are contradictory.

youtube.com/watch?v=cpV2HnbFjy8&list=RDMMcpV2HnbFjy8&start_radio=1

I don't know who represents r9k and I guess it's probably an underage normie wanting to vent but today's rap just doesen't fit with robot culture. Black people mumbling about bitches, wealth, status, parties on crappy sounding cheap beats. The best kind of rap for me is about the struggles of life rapped in understandable english on a nice melodic beat maybe even mixed with other genres and that would probably fit to r9k more.

i dont i just cant relate to american retarded nigger rappers. some white trash rap from my country i could listen thought.

i'm not black, i can't relate to it.

obvious bait originally

Rap is the mating call of the pavement ape, and I have no use for either.

Its such a shitty excuse for a music genre. I will never listen to music that supports niggers or their jewish owners.

Attached: 1500503635858.jpg (480x502, 28K)

You can say that about most kinds of music.