Do you long to find out what happens when we die?

Do you long to find out what happens when we die?

Attached: Rainbow tunnel.jpg (1919x1000, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mirror_portal_tunnel_effect_EG2.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, rational i think there will be nothing, but emotional i doubt a lot.

How am I going to find out anything when I am dead?

>rational i think there will be nothing
This is not rational.

no because I suspect nothing will happen. If I truly wanted to know I would have already killed myself.

Yup. I don't really want to die, though. I just want to know what the significance of everything is so I know what to do.

Wish I could bring myself to the brink like in that movie.

>that pic

bye you bucking barneybag :DDDDDDD

All available evidence supports to your awareness being a result of your brain, so when the brain ceases, one would think that your awareness does as well.

No way to know. Postulating that there 'is' or 'isn't' is overconfidence.

Have you never heard of Occam's razor?

This always boggles my mind, can you imagine not existing and never existing again? Not BEING at all?
Holy molly that's a big one.

Non-being is an assumption just like being.

Why don't people expand on their statements in their initial posts instead of being a coy dick and sitting there waiting for someone to ask them to explain or start an argument?

Attached: c4dbd65b98ced4ff404883f53af2017c--south-park-episodes-natalie-portman[1].jpg (193x339, 14K)

Why am i wrong, user?

It will be the same as before I was alive

Absolutely. We've never experienced nothing, because nothing cannot be experienced, so we have no true baseline for comparison, the closest we've ever come to nothing is sleep.

All evidence available points to the conclusion that your consciousness is an effect of your brain, and is dependent on your brain. Once your brain ceases, it would logically follow that your consciousness ceases as well.

there is no reason to think there will be reason there will be consciousness after we die.

fuck my post.

>All evidence available points to the conclusion that your consciousness is an effect of your brain, and is dependent on your brain. Once your brain ceases, it would logically follow that your consciousness ceases as well.
What 'evidence'? Your so-called evidence is based on the assumption that the world presents it self as-is, not as a perceptually warped interpretation of how it 'is'. This is a very basic philosophical dilemma, user.

>inb4 semantics
Yes, you could technically state that consciousness ceases to be once an organism dies, but then you'd have to define consciousness. Who knows if it's inherent to the brain or if it travels, like in Hinduism?

Die you fucking Barneyfag
mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mirror_portal_tunnel_effect_EG2.png

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.jpg (307x156, 30K)

you got fucking google retard?

For fuck's sakes, why can't you act like a normal human being

Attached: 1398030510195.png (608x631, 628K)

Try to refute my point instead of name calling.

Argument from ignorance. Just because a proposition hasn't been proven false does not mean that it is true, or vice versa. ALL available evidence points to consciousness being an effect of matter. When the brain is changed the corresponding consciousness changes, this happens 100% consistently, and would support the hypothesis. Also, if you do not accept that the universe presents it self "as-is", then you're in a self-contradictory state by accepting to a debate.

Just fucking die, faggot. Do it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 4.16.35 PM.png (997x285, 59K)

I long more to find out where the fuck we are and why we're here

does a convulsing roach have an afterlife, does a splayed city coyote? youre dead. the concept of an afterlife is hilarious.

>Argument from ignorance. Just because a proposition hasn't been proven false does not mean that it is true, or vice versa.
I am aware of this? My point is not that we have a warped perception of the world, rather that there is no way to know so.
>ALL available evidence points to consciousness being an effect of matter. When the brain is changed the corresponding consciousness changes, this happens 100% consistently, and would support the hypothesis.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction
>Also, if you do not accept that the universe presents it self "as-is", then you're in a self-contradictory state by accepting to a debate.
I don't accept or not accept, i am simply debating whether or not it is knowable.

Like, how about you find out for us, OP, faggot

These degenerates have no sense of intelligence. I wouldn't expect them to know what that shit is.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.35.53 PM.png (392x60, 12K)

No. I'd like to avoid dying by all possible means. What makes you think the result of death is universal? Maybe The Gods judge you to be a faggot and destroy your soul when you die and I become a God? Maybe we are both reborn as cucumbers.

>I don't accept or not accept, i am simply debating whether or not it is knowable.
So you accept! And you're self-contradictory, game over. Debate over.

I also said all evidence POINTS to, not proves. Nice strawman. The problem of induction doesn't apply here. I didn't say I knew for certain.

You've admitted to being a self-contradictory state indirectly, and resorting to attacking a straw man. The debate is over now, you lost.

Attached: notanargument.jpg (500x534, 37K)

I want them all fucking dead.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 11.50.33 PM.png (924x140, 21K)

Destroy the enemy.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 1.25.51 PM.png (368x104, 14K)

>So you accept!
How so? I'm not quite seeing your point.
>I also said all evidence POINTS to, not proves. Nice strawman. The problem of induction doesn't apply here. I didn't say I knew for certain.
Well, i think it does apply, because it problematizes whether or not the 'pointing' means anything, which was my gripe with the post i replied to. It makes a 'supporting' hypothesis meaningless.

It could just be some Google image shit stop being so easily triggered

I mean, i get that i'm accepting a specific world inherently by declaring it not knowable, but i never said i wasn't. I'm moreso debating whether or not the terms we use describe the states effectively.

When you remove a file, where does it go?
When you look to the edge of your field of vision, what do you see?
When you reach the end of a VHS tape, what's there?

In all the cases, the answer is the same. Nothing. It's not blackness or anything, there's just nothing.

No, fuck you, I clearly see through their shit, and it's degenerate af.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 5.34.14 PM.png (686x107, 24K)

>The problem of induction is the PHILOSOPHICAL!!!
do you fucking know what philosophy is??
that has absolutely nothing to do with it you fucking retard. Its biology you one celled fucking retard.

What? You're not making sense. Yes it's philosophical, we're talking about what happens after we die.

now tell me what you think philosophy has to do with it

ITT brainlets trying to discuss the nature of reality while reasoning in 3D when they should be thinking in 4D and 5D

Attached: spongebob.png (439x345, 337K)

I replied originally to the post about rationality and emotions.
I said that thinking there's 'nothing' isn't rational, and i expanded by saying that biological 'cosciousness' in it's rigidity has nothing to do with the afterlife or lack thereof, or at least we don't know that. Nothing is as good of a guess as anything. The user who said that there was evidence that pointed to nothingness because cosciousness is shut down when death happens
is using inductive reasoning, which has no certainty, which therefore makes speculations on the nature of existence after death meaningless.

>All available evidence

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf

Clearly not, since people can accurately report what is happening in the operating 3-5 minutes into a cardiac arrest.

Check mate, atheists.

Attached: 35ccba738e8cf87d3a7df8d5246ccb5e--hijab-styles-hijab-fashion.jpg (500x500, 37K)

I already know what happens and it isn't pretty.

>ALL available evidence points to consciousness being an effect of matter.
Not the way you think of matter it certainly isn't. In fact it is 100% irrefutably impossible for consciousness to spawn from unconscious physical stuff. You cannot ever describe consciousness with physics because consciousness is fundamentally undescribable. It is an innate property of reality and reality is actually mental not material. Idealism is the correct philosophy.

It doesn't matter. The only way to find peace is to go along with things.

Daoism is the best philosophy.

You want to take another visit?

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.57.27 PM.png (416x41, 16K)

Not really, not now.

Now type your thinking in 5d then fucking asshole.

it's a bunch of bla bla that you are saying it doesn't say anything. you're reacting to my post referring to some other anons post. fucking bullshit. you bored fuck

Can you even make a post on Jow Forums where you don't use a curse word or insult another user? Says a lot about a person..

Attached: 1490421939137.gif (500x439, 1.93M)

NO, FUCK YOU YOU DESERVE TO DIE

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.57.52 PM.png (780x202, 170K)

At the very least I hope for a flash before your eyes type of experience. Life's really rough sometimes but there's people and events I've enjoyed a lot and some sort of reexperience at the onset of death would be nice.

Thinking that 5 comments on this board says ''a lot'' about a person says a lot about a person.
It doesn't say shit user.

I'd really like to show you what it's like when you die

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.36.59 PM.png (1000x84, 17K)

Because you deserve it, you fucking faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 2.21.21 PM.png (551x104, 25K)

according to string theory the world is in 10D
so yeah, death is simply impossible to comprehend to the human mind

you're already dead aren't you

you really fucking deserve to die

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 1.52.23 AM.png (695x42, 16K)

we dont matter
the half fish monkey did not matter
the club wielding cave man did not matter
so why should we matter?
why should the next evolved matter?
nobody remembers last month let alone last year
clarity of events with color fade
our thoughts become more hardened
like machines breaking down each day
reproduce and protect our offspring
no different to our prey

I fucking wish. I'd only die in peace once you fucks die

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 11.26.36 AM.png (356x355, 56K)

There is the white, there is the black, and there is the gray that no one knows.

You call that rational kid?

And your deaths will bring greatness to the world as we know it

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.50.36 PM.png (833x107, 31K)

Good news, It wont take to long.

yes, now enlighten me.

so please fucking die you degenerate waste

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 6.32.07 PM.png (458x89, 29K)

Nah dude you should've said
"I'll help you find out, you fucking Barneyfag"
Either way, doing God's work out there, literally better at the job than the actual mods

Thanks, I guess, but I still want them all dead

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.46.59 PM.png (966x304, 51K)

The rainbow tunnel or light at the end of the tunnel in near-death experiences is also experienced lucid dreaming with the WBTB and WILD method.

Inevitably, they will all die
It is God's job to decide their fate, in the end
But it's our job to send them to him

Attached: download (19).jpg (178x283, 7K)

I'm pretty sure I already have. I died and am in Hell. I continued to live the life I had before I died except now every other lifeform is a demon.

Which is why I want them to die.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.56.22 PM.png (616x84, 17K)

fucking bleed for eternity

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 2.07.09 AM.png (582x515, 118K)

bleed out god fucking dammit

Attached: Screen Shot 2014-11-15 at 12.12.43 AM.png (1067x118, 33K)

please bleed for all of us, worthless husk

Attached: 1373330483200.png (511x101, 23K)

If nothing hapoens after you die how do you explain these math things.
Check mate atheists

Attached: A0hnHhPaS9eu8k8Kp6Gw.png (350x350, 306K)

I'd like you to die

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 10.01.45 PM.png (786x81, 26K)

>After death the sensation is either pleasant or there is none at all. But this should be thought on from our youth up, so that we may be indifferent to death, and without this thought no one can be in a tranquil state of mind. For it is certain that we must die, and, for aught we know, this very day. Therefore, since death threatens every hour, how can he who fears it have any steadfastness of soul? - Cicero

Attached: 1200px-Bust_of_Cicero_(1st-cent._BC)_-_Palazzo_Nuovo_-_Musei_Capitolini_-_Rome_2016[3].jpg (1200x1800, 334K)

>2060 interviewed
>1959 results thrown out
>of the remaining 101, only 2 had awareness, with one of these two having verified awareness
>they didn't actually show that their brain stopped functioning, only that their heart stopped functioning and thus their brain was expected to stop functioning as well
Try again, lad.

and get killed just to see you die

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 11.56.37 PM.png (742x128, 24K)

i remember thinking about how exciting it would be to know that eventually i was going to find out what would come after dying as early as 5 or 6 years old

please fucking bleed out human waste

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.37.12 PM.png (805x149, 43K)

>1959 results thrown out

Kind of hard to interview those who died permanently, don't you think? Or those who are too sick or refuse to be interviewed afterward?

>they didn't actually show that their brain stopped functioning, only that their heart stopped functioning and thus their brain was expected to stop functioning as well

It's well known in medicine that the brain shuts down within 8-20s after cardiac arrest, and they cite plenty of reliable sources for that in the study.

Furthermore, there's no data in all of science to suggest that you have anywhere near sufficient brainwave activity 3-5 minute into a cardiac arrest to approach anything close to sufficient for what is normally required for conscious experiences of any kind.

Your king is still mated. Here, let the lead author of the study explain it to you: youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY

Attached: 9phK5Pw.jpg (700x936, 210K)

I'd seriously like to see you bleed

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.46.09 PM.png (770x320, 58K)

In the afterlife anime is real.

Attached: 1jjzckgha3011.jpg (1156x1200, 225K)

i would like to see you dead

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 6.07.47 PM.png (787x294, 134K)

World is a DMT-induced illusion.

>after clinical death
The original statement was based on the brain having stopped functioning; if it is still at the point at which it can be revived, then it is still in a functioning state. This is not a proof of life after death, but rather revealing the flaws in the definition of clinical death.

>if it is still at the point at which it can be revived, then it is still in a functioning state.

No, it's not. You're confusing brain death with an inactive brain.

During cardiac arrest, you don't immediately enter brain death. However, all electrochemical interactions are either greatly reduced or completely shut down.

Now, this is the crucial point: According to our entire understanding of neuroscience, all experiences should stop at this point. The fact that they don't mean one of two things:

1. All of neuroscience is completely erroneous at the core, or
2. There is life after death, and the brain and mind are the same while we're still embodied but we demonstrably disconnect from the brain after the brain shuts down.

According to Occam's Razor and reason itself, (2) is the obvious answer. But the desperate materialist is forced to answer (1). But they don't even want to do that, instead they just ignore the data that's uncomfortable to and falsifies their worldview.

Hmm, where in the history of science has this happened before...............

Attached: 19399623_10155172049326638_7709460906780959058_n.jpg (528x960, 74K)

I'm back. How much do you think you'll need to bump this one?

Attached: 1526665360546.png (794x347, 250K)

I'd really like you to die in a slaughter

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-12-21 at 5.46.54 PM.png (730x137, 78K)

I JUST WANT TO SEE YOUR SHIT FUCKING HANGED AND DEAD

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 6.28.18 PM.png (751x72, 21K)

and just to watch you fucking bleed, fag

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.35.21 PM.png (894x527, 112K)

Christ has all the answers you need. Worry not anons, He is salvation

Attached: jesuschrist.jpg (800x600, 113K)

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
pic related, it's you

Attached: 1524327388721[1].png (657x539, 110K)

At this point, it doesn't seem like he exists.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.31.36 PM.png (704x187, 60K)

OP shouldn't exist either and I want him dead

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 8.37.34 AM.png (786x113, 16K)

Nothing is as it seems anons. Think about how absurd even the concept of existence is. Nothing is out of bounds as far as I'm concerned. If we can be magnetized to a giant floating rock, rotating around an even more massive fireball at millions of miles an hour for billions of years, then I think that's just scratching the surface of the true absurdity of it all. So how much more absurd is the concept of Jesus

Did you like my gift?

I ONLY WANT YOU DEAD. I WANT YOU TO DIE.

Attached: Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 10.53.02 PM.png (562x86, 19K)