Gotta figure out major

are econ and business really low tier?

Attached: major.jpg (1069x1107, 149K)

why would you come to a board filled with dropouts and the uneducated to get advice on what major you should decide?
if you care about your career, gtfo off of my board
if you want something fulfilling, do what you want. nothing i can help you with

Unless you're getting a degree for purely monetary reasons, there's not much of a reason to stress about which degree you're pursuing. Don't let some faggots on a board dissuade you in pursuing what you like

Where's library science?

>he fell for the uni meme
$40k for some brainwashing and a worthless piece of paper

Attached: 1527313887902.jpg (1200x858, 110K)

>everything else not listed
being a librarian must be comfy as fuck though, especially on low user counts

Enjoy mopping the floor of your local mall while I climb the corporate ladder.

Enjoy climbing a superficial corporate ladder while I NEET and contemplate the values of life

>tfw molecular genetics
Is there hope for me bros?

underrated life stance desu senpaitachi

>superficial
My paycheck says otherwise
>I NEET and contemplate the values of life
translation: suffer from existential dread while living on $200 a month stipend.

I'm an electrician m8. 80k a year aint too bad at 24.

>my social construct which affirms the effort i put into society PROVES that what i do with my life is not superficial!
hmm big yikes
>not suffering from existential dread
you mean you live as though you know all the value there is to life? open your mind

don't you have to go to school to become an electrician anyway tho desu

>too much of a brainlet for anything above low-tier

Attached: 3.jpg (739x719, 88K)

>faggot tier engineering

clearly made by a triggered puremaths elitist

God head tier: Criminal Justice

>imagine having to tell women youre an electrician
enjoy inceldom

Join the navy you beta scum, newfag, summer faggot, OP cock gobbler, you will never regret it.

Attached: 1520540235252.jpg (1054x1500, 449K)

Some business and econ jobs can get you $400k+ a year... especially if you become a broker

is being an electrician really worse than working as in say a chemistry lab?

>its superficial because I say so
Having wealth gives you access to better avenues in life. You don't have to fret over bills or basic needs or health.
>you live as though you know all the value there is to life
Only value that matters is happiness.

Do Medicine.

I was a sperg in secondary school with really shitty communication skills but decent grades and my parents wanted me to do medicine so I went with it since I didn't have anything in particular I wanted to do myself (and I figured it would be good for job security and pay). I graduated 4 years ago and work has been pretty reasonable, yeah it's busy but I never do anything else other than listen to music and read manga so long hours aren't exactly keeping me from anything. I save most of the money I make so I'm never worried about making ends meet but since I don't really want anything I don't spend it on flash things.

The end result is that I go to work, do surgery which I have fun doing, come home and chill for the rest of the time. Feels good man, and I'm going to become more senior starting from August so I'll be doing way more surgery and much less boring ward shit, so that will be good. I will say that putting up with normalfags in uni is a bit difficult but it's worth putting up with in the long run. Also once you start working the normalfags usually can't handle it and they usually don't bother anyone anymore.

My cousin is an electrician and is married with kids, though he is a Chad.

that chart is retarded if you're talking about undergrad degrees only
most of those higher tier ones only become higher tier with a masters

He got married to kids?! and multiple ones? Holy shit.

Is surgery stressful or does it become routine pretty quickly? Medbot, thinking of going the surgical route but not sure my autism could handle the pressure

just play lots of Operation every day man, and see if you can handle it.

Don't be so islamophobic shitlord.

God tier is a lie except medicine. Especially chemistry which is a complete meme. Labs are fun though but when it comes down to jobs, all youre qualified to do is be a TA. And if you want to be a researcher youre doing it for free unless you are really good at what you do.

I think it gets routine but there are times when it can be stressful. I do orthopaedics and there isn't nearly as much emergency surgery in orthopaedics as there is in upper/lower GI surgery or vascular surgery for example. Even quite complex trauma can wait the next day in a lot of cases.

Asa junior trainee the most stressful thing is when your boss expects you to be able to do something fluently and leaves you to it when you actually find it pretty difficult to do. That used to happen all the time back in the bad old days since patients never complained about it, but things have changed a lot now so not even that happens that often. There is always a chance you'll do an operation and fuck something up and end up looking like a tit, but very rarely in orthopaedics does that result in actual mortality. I can't say for sure if that is the same for other surgical specialities though.

It is genuinely quite fun though, way better than being a physician or GP in my opinion. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to be a physician, it's the hardest and least rewarding job in the hospital.

Thanks mate, very insightful. You planning on private practice one day or just sticking with a hospital?

>English and Philosophy double major
Keep crying, wageslaves

No worries. I don't think anyone does surgery without the intention to get into private practice desu. I'm hoping to do hip and knee arthroplasty because there's a lot of depend in that in the public and private sectors, and I'm thinking about doing revision hip and knee arthroplasty to keep the public sector job more "exciting" than just regular artrhoplasty.

Although you do see a lot of private surgery fuck ups and wonder how some people are able to get away with being able to work as surgeons at all. Some real unexecusable stuff goes on in private land because there's no one to regulate it as much as public hospitals.

how much do orthopods in your country make?

It's hard to say accurately but if you are talking about consultants (aka the boss) their starting salary is 76,761GBP and it goes up the longer you work. I wouldn't be able to say what their private salary would be on top of that since it varies, a private THR can be around 10K or slightly more or less.

Right now for the grade I am I make 36,461GBP, that goes up to 46,208GBP in August but after the new contract I don't think that goes up much until/if I become a consultant. From what I hear this is chump change compared to what US doctors earn but like I said earlier it's already way more than I'll likely ever need, which is nice.

Just because some retard made it into an image doesn't mean it's true.

What about logistic?

jesus christ why would anyone be a doctor in the UK

im making 72k as a resident and 250k starting august

ASTRONOMY
GOD TIER
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know right. It's way more than the national average but relatively speaking it's not loads. I'm under the impression that our clinical workload is a lot less than US doctors but that's only based on people I know who have done fellowships there rather than actual personal experience.

Ascended Tier: Kill yourself after highschool
Studying is cancer, working is cancer

That's a lot of good boy points, user
original comnent

Way more valuable than actual money desu.

>are econ and business really low tier
imagine using a meme to decide your future

Attached: 4941084.gif (200x200, 56K)

English as a Second Language, ESL, for life my nigga. I'm going to be teaching English to Taiwanese students and having sex with their women. Judge all you want, I know who I am.

>I know the girl in the picture is Thai and not Taiwanese, I just really like the girl.

Attached: 1494186950756.jpg (1529x2048, 352K)

>only in first year for security in it
>already got a job at the end of it
yeah its just a piece of paper
oh and
>free uni education funding without repaying
feels pretty good lad.

i just tell them im a mechanical doctor

yes, how else do people do it

Why the fuck is engineering faggot tier? A brainlet engineering dropout must have made this.

why do astronomy majors always make these

Philosphy major, halfway done with the master... That TA money is sweet I tell ya.

No. They are faggot tier.

I want something between Economics, Law and business...

But i will pursue Economics in the Fall

I'm trying to decide my major too. I'm thinking about biology. Every career just sounds so shitty to me, it's hard to decide. I just don't like anything.

Psychology is faggot tier for the sole fact that thousands of women get a degree in it to "hELp pEoPLe", and then trash it when they realize crazies are undesirable

I dropped out of college when I was 19 and am starting a junior software development job next month

how much per month? and what do you do
normally, my ex gf new bf is doing philosophy
i am rooting for him to be a poor motherfucker

Attached: 1527214355813.jpg (696x931, 148K)

i just want an office job, maybe an accountant I guess

Attached: 1525393023218.jpg (1056x972, 116K)

Actually, quite originaly meant for

sister wants to major in psych and minor in gender studies

Attached: retardwojak4.jpg (110x124, 2K)

Where does medical stand? Original

>computer science that low

Attached: 1511173658840.png (392x320, 118K)

I am an international finance student did I make a good choice? Which tier would you place it?

>male with psych degree
>wanted to give back to robots and the like
>too much of a brainlet to get into a Ph.D
>PsyDs are a joke
I blew it.

All majors are god tier if you truly enjoy studying them. Follow your dreams user, i believe in you.

Attached: FB_IMG_1526833648084.jpg (720x1280, 46K)

>not being able to read
Looks like you're failing step 1 friendo

man cartoon network is getting really shitty

They do their best im sure

>tfw studying farming

I'm a third year Computer Science student. I enjoy the material and I like programming, but not enough that I ever do it in my spare time for fun and I doubt that I could happily get up every morning and just go do that for 8 hours every day.

How fucked am I?

Attached: 1ae.jpg (996x800, 71K)

write me a prescription for Valium you chink bitch

Attached: 1527220766166.jpg (590x720, 66K)

i hope this drives people away from engineering because it's a good career and i want less competition
>tfw extreme comfy and got promoted this week to Sr. Engineer
feels good guys

>3.86 GPA
>graduating summa
>going to med school in the fall
>psych major

Do Not Get A Degree In Chemistry
unless you're going straight to a phd and really really like writing lab reports.

Attached: 1466563308011.jpg (487x877, 98K)

>just applied for new college program
>cybersecurity
>no idea what the fuck i'm in for

Anyone have any experience in this field? It sounds pretty k00l and interesting to learn about but again, no personal experience

I hope I get accepted. I'm tired of the NEET life. I want to learn again.

Attached: 1526526046933.jpg (1024x1009, 111K)

>medicine
>God tier
As a med student, no we just follow the guidelines and most of us just end up seeing mundane shit for the rest of our lives. A minority do cool shit though

I confirm that this user is right

that is a kawaii-ass image
very unrelated but here is a (you) for making my night brighter or whatever

>Law
>Top tier

You poor rubes. I mean, yeah, there are lot's of jobs and you totally won't work yourself to death go ahead take out a few more loans.

Enjoy reaching the top of the ladder and realizing you fucked up majorly. Lol.

yeah if you're going into law at this point expect to spend most of your days looking over contracts and contemplating suicide

Got a history degree. Looks like i'm dead in the water boys

>got a film degree at a state university
>cheap as fuck, lived at home, no loans, going on scholarship
>get videography internships over two summers
>land a full-time videographer position straight out of college at an engineering company
just work hard

This user is right, if you care about your life at all you will stay off this board. I've come to the conclusion that r9k feeds off negativity to breed only negativity, and this damages people too naive to realize this, creating more damaged robots. You should only come here in short bursts, when you're super depressed to see that you don't have it quite as bad as you thought, and then leave.
You really think this a good place to seek life advice that matters?

i just personally diagnosed some lady with disseminated histo (all up in her bones and shit) with secondary HLH, a guy with wegeners, and had two nice empyemas in two weeks. pretty exciting if you actually like medicine.

oh also had a DKA guy with glucose of 2300 and an undetectable bicarb and pH of 6.8, kek

come see me then

This is the only serious post I've done here and I 100% agree.

Do what makes you happy, don't go go by what some ridiculous chart that some angry teenager made up. Do you really want to work 40 hours a week, every week for the rest of your life doing something you hate?

>astronomy is god tier
>engineering is faggot tier

Must everything be bait on here?

Can the faggot mods change the name of the board to bait 9k?

In advance, I know I'm retarded, sorry for the dumb question
What type of math courses do you need for Comp Sci?

Attached: 102938X.gif (533x300, 183K)

That's god mode indeed, but also for faggots.

It's when the shit goes full circle.

if life sciences are mid tier and geology is high tier, what does that make paleontology?

> i can't pursue a career that is low tier or worse

>God tier
>theoretical garbage that's oversaturated as fuck and/or has no job opportunities

Assuming American but here's what I took:
Calc 1 and 2 (required)
Discrete math (Boolean algebra/logic) (required)
Linear algebra (required, but was optional when I took it)
Calc 3 (optional)
Differential equations (optional)

I don't think that economics is low tier. I studied economics, enjoyed it, and have found it to be a useful degree.

>Calculus
Alright never mind

Attached: 1518396684159.jpg (250x218, 29K)

>computer science
>mid tier
Pick one

Calc one and two were a breeze, and calc three required work bc I got lazy and depressed halfway through. If you took ap calc or equivalent in high school, that's a world of fucking difference, so much more laid back in college

I'm a Forestry major. Probably the easiest degree that is still technically STEM, all your lab hours are outdoors innawoods, and outdoorsmen chads are far superior to your regular chads. Working a paid internship cruising timber this summer, it's entry level shit but it's going to beat the hell out of the sad office internships most people get.

That's the thing, I didn't take Calc in HS. I got good grades in school in every other course, but I'm pretty much retarded in math and it took a lot more work for me to even get a decent grade. Got a C in math in grade 9, failed grade 10 math with like a 30, retook it in the first semester of 11 and did grade 11 math second semester. Then took like the business/statistics math in 12. Idk what it's like in the states but the "levels" we have for courses are: Locally developed (for people who don't want to go to college/uni) applied, academic, which are all in gr9/10. In grades 11-12 you have locally developed, College level, and University level (which I think would be the equivalent of AP). You can only do can if you take University level Math Functions.
Such is life.

Attached: 38a.jpg (863x752, 232K)

I'm probably the only one doing Law here.
Pretty comfy if you know what you're doing.