>Meet a friend
>We hit off well enough
>Talk regularly
>I can tell we're starting to become distant, and drifting apart
>Immediately want to ghost them and drop communication
>"user? Where'd you go?
Text me back sometime. Please."

This isn't an isolated incident.
This is how most of my relationships are. It's not as if I want to be foreveralone.meme. I just can't seem to feel like it's worth investing in other people if they're not going to put in, what I feel, is as much effort.
I guess I was let down a lot as a kiddo, on top of having other less than lovely things happen. This isn't a pity thread.

Why am I like this?

Attached: Wojak (1).png (645x773, 9K)

Because you are conditioned to think any sort of relationship isn't worth it. It ties back to your childhood and how you get rejected often by your peers.
Once you learn that as a kid, there's no turning back on it subconsciously... unless you make a big effort into changing what your brain thinks about relationships.
I suffer from the same thing. The only people I can stay with are family and a childhood friend. Everyone else, LDR included, gets ghosted and left behind.

Attached: 1523144844752.jpg (700x787, 91K)

Wow user are you me?

I do the same thing. I'm absolutely terrible at maintaining relationships. I always feel as if I care more than they do, and therfore i'm bothering them and I might as well just not tqlk to them ever again.

I am literally like this as well.
First time I made real friends was in high school. After graduation we all drifted apart and It took me a very long time to move on from them. So I have trust and commitment issues now. I keep everyone at an arms distance.

Same fag here. Dubs.

Also, I have a feeling that if they really cared about me enough, they'd text me first. If they don't, well, then I guess I was right about them.

Exactly. I only have one real friend and I've known him since we were in 13. I'm about to turn 20.
I recently did this to my LDR of about 6 months. She even came to see me. I've just done it to someone else, too.
Is this sort of thing about us even worth changing? What do we do?

>I have a feeling that if they really cared about me enough, they'd text me first.
But what if they're thinking the same thing? Hmmmmm?

OP desu

>But what if they're thinking the same thing? Hmmmmm?

I worry about this sometimes.

Our thinking is inherantly irrational, probably due to a personality disorder or something similar. I wish I could change the way I think but I can't.

>Is this sort of thing about us even worth changing? What do we do?
People like us are the sort that would have died years ago. I'm not sure if there's anything worth doing, but therapy and some meds could help. I'm not a psychiatrist, so it's best you find a good one and ask about this.

I like to think I'm pretty normal aside from this weird relationship thing.
Hmm.

I honestly didn't think this thread would get this many replies. You people have given me solace and made me feel a bit better. Thank you.

yep, some cna gave me her number i was actually expecting to do something with her. i stopped txting her see on facebook she has a kid.

>cna
what is a cna?

Yeah, what's cna?

seriously WHAT THE FUCK IS A CNA

Certified Nursing Assistant

Oh. Gotcha. OK.

Please stop doing this. The only girl I've ever actually felt a deep connection with and the only one I would actually say Ive loved, did that to me after 3 years of being together. It really fucked with me and honestly just made me give up on relationships all together.

This is one of the worst things you can do to someone and can make someone question themselves when there's nothing wrong with them.

Maybe you weren't making a good enough effort like OP feels.
Why should we care what some stacey thinks?

>please stop doing this
We would if we knew how. Seems like the only way to stop is to stop talking to people completely

Nice dubs

OP desu
Sort of like what was saying. I can't seem to care if I don't feel like the other person is putting in as much effort.

Same here. I always fear texting people too much and becoming annoying. Especially with girls.

I did way more than the average relationship. She was kind of fucked in the head. She was an addict with self harm issues, but I loved her despite that, even when she tried to use it to manipulate me. I really did my best to help her. I've probably shaved years off my life from the stress I had in that time.

It really changed my outlook on life, who I am as a person and how I treat people. I don't give a shit about much or anyone now, and I've become a terrible person.