HOW TO BECOME JAPANESE - Move to Japan for Dummies

HEY YOU. It's time to learn Japanese and move to Japan. Do something with your life.

7-Step Guide to move to Japan

1.) Start learning japanese. Doing so is not actually hard
a.) Download Anki: ankiweb.net/
b.) Download the 6,000 core deck for japanese: djtguide.neocities.org/anki.html and follow the instructions to install it
c.) Set up your anki deck for 20 words a day, and up to 9999 reviews a day (you won't actually see 9999 reviews a day). this way you can learn all 6,000 words in under a year.
d.) Join any of the countless japanese language learning generals on Jow Forums
(beginner)
(intermediate)
(anime trash)
pick which best suits your needs
>Discord: discord gg/3B7FZS

2.) Start tae kim's grammar guide which you'll be using in conjunction with Anki
a.) guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar

3.) Finish tae kim's grammar guide and all 6,000 words by September. Also get into college you piece of shit. And get a job.

4.) It's time to choose which JLPT you're taking. If you took japanese seriously and started TODAY from THIS VERY POST, you could be N3 ready by October. Check the registration deadlines.

5.) Take the JLPT you useless sack of shit. N5 if you didn't study at all i mean what the fuck, N4 if you're a slowpoke, N3 means you actually studied. Good, N3 means you're on your way to Japan

6.) Pass the JLPT. If you took the N3, you will be able to get yourself N1 ready by next year by studying at the same pace you are now. Since your 6,000 core deck is settled, grab a 10k core deck. You will start practicing actually writing the kanji from here on out, so grab something like 'Remembering the Kanji' since you'll probably need it by now. If you didn't take the N3, you should aim for the N2 next year. That's right, you're skipping the N3 you didn't take. Up your study, bitch.

7.) With a bachelor's degree and N1, you can now move to Japan. Congrats. See next post for more details.

Attached: stock-photo-business-man-pointing-the-text-do-you-speak-japanese-267965651.jpg (450x318, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

daijob.com/
gogonihon.com/
gogonihon.com/en/language-schools/
gogonihon.com/en/language-schools/tokyo/isi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OH SHIT ITS VISA TIME!

HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS TO BECOME JAPANESE

FIRST, CHECKLIST
DO YOU HAVE AT LEAST TWO OF THE FOLLOWING THREE ITEMS?
>At least $5,000 in the bank
>A bachelor's degree
>A N2/N1 certificate

IF YOU DONT HAVE 2 OF THOSE 3, FUCK YOU GO BACK TO POST 1 YOU LAZY SHIT

Still here? OK, Let's make it happen, dreamer.

Choose your VISA! Here are the priorities list

Highest Priority:- Student VISA : Honestly think about getting your master's degree in Japan. This helps you get residency, gives you a buffer time to get used to the country before you score a job, and gives you time to meet a girl and get married so maybe you dont have to worry about all the other shit

Second-Highest Priority: Marriage Visa - This shit lets you work any job in Japan. But the second you get divorced, your ass is back to your home country. Also, Marriage Visa does not let you get permenant residency, so you will still need to get a good job eventually. Funny enough, this option lets you skip the $21,000 finance requirement, so if you're a poorfag this is an option. As a plus, the marriage visa is the only visa that does not require a bachelor's degree.

Third-Highest Priority: Work Visa --- The common option for people with a bachelor's degree is to go straight to the workforce. Keep in mind you need to work for 5 consecutive years before you qualify for residency, and income requirements increase with age. Your goal is to get permenant residency/citizenship before you get too old for it.

Fourth-Highest Priority: Work Transfer -- Work at an international business and transfer into their japanese branch. This is relatively uncommon and you need a good job for this.

Last Resort: JET -- Teach English in Japan. You just need a bachelor's. It's full of autism. Jobhop the second your foot is in the door. JET is a dead end visa but its a good way to brute force yourself into the country. But i'll repeat: it's Autistic, so be careful user!

Attached: 1484740952960.jpg (1500x1125, 775K)

I don't have that sort of dedication needed to learn anything, let alone another language...

>I don't have that sort of dedication needed to learn anything, let alone another language...
Victory to the slave that runs, user.

If you want to move to a country, you need to make sacrifices, and you need to put work in. You need to change aspects of yourself, but anyone can make it happen, and the process is designed to turn you into a productive individual so you'll be OK by the time you reach the finish line.

lol bruh. you think ur so woke still using the JLPT as a guideline. get ajatt woke fuckin retarded idiot kid

>the ajatt meme

Sorry, no. Too retarded to learn another language. Not my fault I was born a brainlet.

enjoy taking your advice from Jow Forums generals instead of thinking for yourself. it will only cost you a shitton of time, happiness, and of course proficeincy in the japanese language. i bet you love it when japs tell you your japanese is amazing, too

Question what's JLPT and N1,2,3,4,5?

>ctrl+f "read"
>0 results
You can't learn Japanese.

18 year old, fresh out of high school, phoneposting, poorfag here. Is there a mobile version for Anki?

a proficiency test for japanese. N1 is the highest level, N5 is the lowest. they're pretty much useless and just speaking to a potential employer will give them a much better gauge of your japanese level. only retarded employers who don't really care about your proficiency (like japs looking for english teachers) will care about JLPT but retarded gaijin think its the most important thing in the world, even tho N1 is piss easy and doesn't even mark base level fluency

yep. fucking retarded weebs don't bother to understand any fundamentals of language acquisition. complete jokes.

any JET type things for programming instead?

so do you have the dream that you want to move or not?

Ajatt doesn't give you permenant residency in Japan. the JLPT does. My goal is to prepare people for the future. Think about yours more.

>Question what's JLPT and N1,2,3,4,5?
They are the rankings of the JLPT

Basically it's like
>N5: Preschool
>N4: Gradeschool
>N3: Middle school
>N2: Junior highschool
>N1: High school graduate

Completing the N1 proves you know high-school graduate level japanese. There's tons of higher tests you can take upon finishing the JLPT, but as far as getting a job or a school transfer, citizenship, or scholarship is concerned, the JLPT is all they care about

If you are interested in the higher tiers, stuff like the BJT, Hanaken, Kanji Kentei, and Goken 1 are there for college-level japanese.

>18 year old, fresh out of high school, phoneposting, poorfag here. Is there a mobile version for Anki?
yes sir, you have to pay like $5 for it
check the appstore

Or why not just come to China instead? English teachers here get paid more money than in Japan. You don't need any qualifications to teach English, and the rent is lower so you will save more money.

In Japan you will pay $1k a month for a tiny box room.

get used to hearing "wow! nihongo sugoi!!!" from soulless japs who aren't socially allowed to tell you how horrible you sound. im sure you'll have fun teaching english next to all other teachers who don't know a single kanji

>any JET type things for programming instead?

I'm a CS Major. Start saving money for a college transfer to Japan upon getting your bachelor's, or join me in MEXT prep.

Student visa is the best option, Work Visa second best, JET and jobhopping to CS job last resort.

CS Jobs aren't hard to find in Japan, and if you choose a rural area you will be highly desired.

>any JET type things for programming instead?
daijob.com/

or just start looking. please note a bachelor's degree is required to accept any offer on this site, and its highly reccomended you have at least N2 level japanese.

existing resume/work experience ofc required.

holy fuck, no poor robots listen to this man. Japan is a dark, dark place full of mentally tortured racists. just because they make the best video games, cartoons, food, technology, and much more, doesn't change the fact that their society is fucked beyond repair. incredibly unhealthy. not to mention following what this guy says will make you really bad at japanese, solidifying a bunch of bad habits early on so that you sound like a deaf retard your whole life, and japanese people will never tell you.

Attached: 1396396980781.jpg (327x322, 39K)

>>N5: Preschool
>>N1: High school graduate
Totally wrong. Shift all these up two or three levels and you're somewhat closer. Pre-schoolers already have a passive vocabulary of like 5,000 words.

there's no way N1 is college-level japanese.

people going into japanese college take the Goken, and have you seen the wide gap between the JLPT and the Goken? The rift is just so fucking massive.

I think he meant in the other direction. N1 is closer to junior high school anyway.

why the fuck would i learn japanese? we kicked your shit in during WWII so we wouldn't have to deal with this shit

fair. i don't think there's an official ranking

just finished my CS degree, no experience though. But I'll keep it in mind for a few years down the line

you have a degree? do you have money?

Yep I just graduated in April. I have ~6k CAD in savings, and 35k I owe to the government, but that's government student loans, I have a 6 month grace period before I have to pay those back, I'm supposed to find a job by then. I don't know if immigrations would take that into account.

I mean I've just been looking for a job in Canada but I'd love the opportunity to start fresh elsewhere too, even if just for a few years before moving on.

Well then. Look into this.

gogonihon.com/

They teach you japanese and prepare you for the workforce. Only problem is if you're starting fresh you'll need between 1.5 years to the maximum of 2 years in the program. 6k won't be enough.

Essentially, they teach you japanese then near the end of your term, they help you with the job interview and you get a job and don't have to leave the country. Easy transition to work visa. Hassle free.

JLS Language Schools are by far the smartest way to move to Japan. You just need money to make it happen

how much money? I could probably scrape another thousand or so max. I'm guessing you need enough for food and lodging for 2 years, plus whatever the program cost is? Yeah I'm guessing I'd need probably 20k right?

oh shit
>1,440,000 yen
so double my estimate, I'd need 40k to pull that off

This for fuck sake. Like, I think it will bounce back eventually, but Japan is in an absolutely dreadful state at the moment. The people are absolutely putrid too, and seem to absolutely relish being so.

If you wanna smash yellow puss go to China. You'll get paid more, more people will speak English and the people there have actual personalities.

but Japan looks so comfy
China is a third world compared to it

Attached: 1519059867235.jpg (1280x853, 295K)

>how much money?

gogonihon.com/en/language-schools/

Think it depends on the school and how long you need. You'll probably want a 3 star school so you can work a part time job in the meantime, unless you want to take it seriously then go 5 stars, but you can't work a part time job in a 5 star school.

But let's say you choose 4 star, here's the cost breakdown for this school
gogonihon.com/en/language-schools/tokyo/isi/

If you were already like N3 or N2, you would probably only need 6 months. If you're starting fresh, you need about 18 months.

Attached: IbNxMB[1].png (725x715, 82K)

the fuck kinda math you doing

also keep in mind you can work a part time job on the side to help with living expenses

Attached: J6w3rX[1].png (851x280, 43K)

yeah it's 20k for schooling. But rent and food, that must be 10k a year a the minimum, at least that's what it is here, I'm sure Japan would be more expensive

Rent in japan can be $250 a month if you go rural. It really, really depends on where you choose to live.

Fuck off chink shill

>Rent in japan can be $250 a month if you go rural. It really, really depends on where you choose to live.
This

y'all weebs finna bouta get dabbed on

Attached: 1501262550103.jpg (2000x2256, 389K)

I'll be working in Japan in a few months. If I see any of you faggot weeaboos, that's an on sight knock out. Japan is not your anime fairyland where your life is going to become suddenly better. You're a loser in your home country, Japan will not change that.

>I downloaded the 6,000 cards
>Only got 5,999
You just stiffed me OP

How do I retake the same 20 cards for today

Ore no kao nagara N2 shika goukaku shinakattann daga erai kaisha ni shuushoku dekita

like a fucking boss no you ni bijinesu wo yatteru

N1 can go fuck itself with its ultra vague texts about monkeys and dolphins

also fuck this board for not allowing me to write in kana

Attached: 1525581172880.jpg (1262x1331, 255K)

>discord
Slammed that stop reading there button tbqh.

I'm six foot, weigh two-fifty, the orientals in japan will find my dick bigger, and the police won't fuck with you in Japan like in the USA.

Of course my life would be better there, why would someone hire me here, notwithstanding.

>japanese is easy.
>learn japanese in a year
Dont tell people lies.
You arnt even going to learn 6000 words in the first year.

Attached: 366FAC85-4763-4461-88B4-7E00F78EC3BE.jpg (685x1024, 161K)

Police fuck with you MORE because you're a foreigner. They constantly ask you for your visa/ID.
You're basing your assumption probably based on anime or some shit.

dont tell the police box pls

Short stack orientals fucking with me?

They'd be too scared, I look like the undertaker, and can pretend to hardly speak Nip and ask for directions in butchered moon runes until they leave me alone.

Versus the USA doing the same thing every time I'm out at night, asking for my ID, but they will shoot me and are my same size, faggot.

Uh huh. You sound like a gigantic faggot. It's on sight with you.

>>if weebs come to my country I'm knocking them out on sight

>me being the faggot tho

Gigantic, yes, but you are the faggot in this scenario. Pretending people should have nationalism is for retarded, brainwashed, blue piller sheep. Some people were spawned in the wrong area for them to prosper. Robots are not made for the USA, not all would for Japan either, but to think that if you fail in one you would the other is at least naive, but what I really think what you are doing is being defensive that others are stealing what you are doing yourself, you hypocrite. You're afraid of competition, and are a faggot.

>can't learn one of the easier languages
nigger are you for real, if youre so incompetent you better have no hopes and dreams in this lifetime

>tfw already live in Japan and I don't speak Japanese

>Japanese
>easier

If you're a westerner, The US Government says Japanese -is- the hardest language in the entire world due to their bizarre culture

However that culture is in the process of westernizing slowly, so depending on where in Japan you end up living, it might actually be on par with the other asian languages.

story?
also

>enter a JLS you peice of shit

i'll bump this

take this bump

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Tell us more, Davido-kun

>i'll bump this
>take this bump
Same

Any weebs in here lookin to chill in my Discord with me, I'm lonely. /jsXHhSr

Attached: 1449564019159.jpg (897x1350, 382K)

>the government says
>capitalizing the g even
Pfffssss sssshaha hahehehe user stop it. Hehe pathetic.

>they're being westernized

Gods I hope not.