What did you always want as a child and really hit you once you grew up?

What did you always want as a child and really hit you once you grew up?

>tfw wanted to be a knight

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 92K)

I wanted to be an inventor
But im a brainlet

>tfw wanted to be a Darth Sidious type world conqueror

Attached: wizard_pepe.jpg (499x499, 24K)

same desu. Parents took me to Medieval times and got my brother and I a wooden sword each. Never stopped liking them. Now I have a Rawlings synthetic Bastard Sword and I tried making a riveted maille hauberk, but my pierce broke so I'm just completing it with butted mail. Also saving up for an Albion sword, or at least fucking Cold Steel Italian Longsword.

i always wanted to be a girl and i had this idea in my head that i would invent a sort of time machine as an adult that i could use to somehow turn myself into a woman and then go back in time so i can relive my life as a girl. time machines dont exist yet. i dont have the brains nor the dedication to try my hand at creating one. you still cannot turn yourself into a real woman. my dream will never come true. i am going to die without being able to even chase my dream.

Attached: 1523060307824.jpg (205x246, 10K)

I wanted to be a writer and write all these stories I make up in my head my whole life to escape reality. Though alas I suck at writing. So like most my life my stories are just for me and a few select people. Who try to encourage me to write, but I suck at it.

I wanted to be like dad

>wanted to be a brilliant inventor
>wanted to be a handsome badass doctor
>wanted to be a mad scientist
>wanted to be some kind of superhero
I'm on-track so far, but I'm pretty sure they expect me to specialize at some point.

I just wanted to not be a total loser. Guess I fucked that up too.

wanted to be a scientist. really feelin' it now
>have to complete 2 more years of fucking awful undergrad classes and somehow get into a lab
>then I get to either get a shitty desk job with no prospects, or pay for grad school to be someone's minion for like 5 more years

1. Pilot - eye sight sucked, nope not happening.

2. Scientist - cant do 7th grade math, sorry user, not happening

3. Historian - PhD historians wind up on food stamps unless they are connected and get tenure to teach history. All becoming a historian is is an over glorified teacher. pass

those were my dream careers. I didnt have a real interest in anything else, and sucked at pretty much everything else i did, got stuck working in a phone room. curse my life every day

I wanted to be an astronaut. Then I watched the movie Apollo 13 in class in 5th grade and got scared. After that I didn't know what I wanted to be until 9th grade when I thought I wanted to study literature. These days I dream of being a famous chemist, movie director or musician.

I wanted a gf, OP.

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (1280x720, 24K)

I wanted to be a game developer but my mom curb stomped my dreams

Robot pet.

>went from wanting to be a doctor, to wanting to be a paramedic, to wanting to be an infantry corpsman, to wanting to be an infantryman
at least getting shot to death by sandniggers will be a more noble fate than hanging myself in my closet

Attached: feels_cretin4.png (472x565, 18K)

Fucking laughing at people who "dreamed about" or "knew" what they wanted to be when they were a kid. What does an ignorant, stupid child know about the world/life anyway?

We all have a calling fren

I wanted to die
still the same

Unironic race car driver. I didn't realize how much I really wanted it until I visited home last Christmas. I found literally hundreds of toy cars, hundreds of shitty drawings of cars, diagrams, gokart designs. How I spent so much time mastering any form of transportation I could get my hands on. Just obsessed. My parents wouldn't never even let me watch racing out of fear I would see someone die.

I knew nostalgia pretty early. Like 5. I didn't have the word for it, but I already felt it really strongly for places and times I had lost, and I was perplexed that I could feel it for places on TV or in my head that would never exist.
I was aware of how many memories I had that I cherished from really early that were going dull, and I was scared not at the loss of the memories themselves but of my own feelings about them. I loved feeling excited about things and anticipating them, and it scared me that that feeling might go dull, too.
I had already thought about killing myself pretty early, too. Didn't have the word for that yet, learned it at 7. Already knew what cringe, shame, grief, and longing were. No words for those either.
I didn't know what live was. I think I loved things and experiences and things in the abstract, but not people and living things. I had friends I had strong feelings towards, and who made me feel tingly and excited when I thought of seeing them at recess or after school. But that was all visceral, and I think I loved getting high on that feeling more than I loved my friends. It made me want to be with them, and romanticize about showing them things and going places with them, and to laugh and play and have fun with them, but it didn't make me feel anything like what I know now.
It could also be that maybe that was love and I just haven't felt it in decades. That would make kid me really sad, but what does he know?

Attached: 1519497728067.jpg (1259x916, 147K)

I'm talking about jobs/careers not faggy emotions

nice templar knight user. the catholic church has the best knights. always killing the filthy muslims DEUS VULT FOR THE CRUSADES.

Attached: 1519612630124.jpg (736x1104, 91K)

>why do children dream lol
you didn't really think that through, did ya?

I wanted to be a policeman and someone who cooked pizza. At the same time.

I'm neither, but sometimes I wish I could bake stuff.

I wanted to be an astronaut then I wanted to be an engineer. Too tall to be an astronaut and I hate fucking math. I'm currently pursuing a law enforcement career.

>Every male in my family was in the military in some fashion.
>Intend to follow traditon by joing the marines
>would've been the only jarhead in the family
>ankle gets destroyed
>can't even run anymore
>no service
>no GI bill
>no college
>no future

Settlement from rekt foot and day job as eletrician in a town where no-one wants to pay for more than band-aid shit means I'll never have to worry about money, but I'd much rather be a salty old vet

unironically a priest.

Attached: johnny P.jpg (217x266, 7K)

Oh. Well, I knew I was good at building, taking apart, and fixing shit. I liked making little radios and gadgets and toys for myself.

i wanted to take out the boss for some crime syndicate then become the boss and manipulate the gang to take over other gangs, keep going til im worldwide, slowly as I take over all criminal activity worldwide, i make it more peaceful-ish, rather then making and distributing hard drugs, go more towards weed, and not doing other bad things other then killing criminals to become the biggest criminal until i own all crime.

i fantasized about that for like a year

You knew you were gay that early?

>wanted to be a vet

then i realized they needed to put animals down, and that not all pets can be saved/cured, cried for a good while

>4F in a family full of ex-mil
Oh fugg, they must hate your ass

Always wanted to do something cool like be in the military. But unfortunately I kinda failed at it and found I didn't like doing it anyways. Now I'm just NEETing it up and hoping I die of a heart attack. Maybe if I die there will be something on the other side that can give me an exciting or fulfilling life. Or maybe I'll just find a pit of fire for doing absolutely nothing with my life. Necer will know until it happens.

Attached: gutsandgriffy.jpg (775x767, 143K)

i wanted to have a beard

Attached: 1527309329582.gif (400x286, 1.55M)

I wanted to grow up to be a hobo as a child and now I'm a NEET. Almost there.
Now my dream is to be a knight-errant; even if people tell me it isn't possible I'll still push on towards that dream.

I wanted to be a martyr.

Attached: BlueArt.jpg (1412x2047, 808K)

I never wanted to grow up
Especially since I didn't have a decent childhood
I really wanted a mom to take care of me and be kind to me
I guess all I wanted was love

Attached: tumblr_ombga5Lsne1s307p6o3_500.gif (500x281, 1.86M)

I wanted to be a pilot but I'm shit at math.

Not really, everyone's pretty zen about it. The one I feel I really let down though is My Granfather. He wanted to be a marine too, but they told him he was too short so he ended up becoming an army ranger instead. He never says anything but I think he was really looking forward to seeing me in their god-tier dress blues. Ah well, shit happens.

Witch king of angmar

Sonic the Hedgehog when I was five, once I was told that wasn't possible I never had any aspirations. My mother won't stop complaining about my lack of a "dream" nowadays.

Attached: DdVZw4fV4AE6Pd-.jpg (1200x1094, 202K)

>I just wanted to not be a total loser. Guess I fucked that up too.
You and I both.

>Wanted to be the guy who invented real life hyperspace as a kid
>Primus releases their third album
>learn bass instead
>work at the same wal-wart for 20 years this september
>Music career is limited to session work for other local nobodies
>At least they're stupid enough to pay me.

I don't dispute that children dream, but their dreams are bullshit based on ignorance and cartoons

Fellow knight bro reporting in. Nice to see men of culture are browsing this board.

Attached: Musée_de_l'armée.jpg (2448x3264, 745K)

>What did you always want as a child and really hit you once you grew up?
To have a life that consists of someting other than wageslaving, going to the gym, and staring at various screens.

>At least they're stupid enough to pay me

fuck im dead

Whos the worst to work with?

I wanted to be a successful businessman who could rub up against demure interns and get away with it for as long as I could remember. Was very horny as a kid

you made the right choice. im about to do the same

KNIGHT REPORTING

I wanted to know everything. The Truth, and how to prevent Lies from hurting me or others.
I wanted to learn what I could do to help people I cared about.
I wanted to be the best at something.

When I hit middle school, I started feeling bitter towards my peers.
When all my friends were in different classes, i had to make new friends.
All my new friends Moved. Away. No Means to stay in contact. All of them. The sheer bad luck I had was unfair.
My old friends developed differently, were no longer the friends we once were.
I soon realized if I couldn't love anyone, what good would knowing everything would be.
Also, I soon discovered Truth isn't always ideal, yet Lies mostly plague everything.
Education was changing, what they teach, or what they changed being taught didn't make sense, the obvious biases forming also concerned me. Treatment of others in such separate degrees, that continue to haunt to this very day.
If lies are often in everything, why should I know it, if truth isn't valued?
Why should I bother, if the truth also changes by perspective?
Why should I care what other's know or don't know, If my existence isn't of any consequence to them?
Why should I be the best at something, when usually involves "inconveniencing" a previous best, or puts you in line of resenting competition?
Why should I help, when I will never help everyone equally?

I was innocent, I had done nothing wrong, yet the world is always making up new lies, creating people who are more selfish and full of pride.
Then shaming when you do the right thing when you did what you thought was right when they see it as wrong?
I don't fit. I live without purpose, but I am better now than living in the world of lies.

>Wal-mart
>20 years

Oh shit, how much of your soul is even left user?

storyteim?

I wanted to be a family man

Attached: 1520243120544.jpg (500x332, 43K)

not nearly as glamorous but consider service in your state defense force, it's essentially a state's personal national guard specifically for disaster relief volunteer

Guile, pls.

Send to me pls, i am interested originalsty

I wanted to be either a necromancer or in a government organisation similar to the SS.

I have several 'clients' who are just awful

MC yammer
a white rapper who doesn't shut up, ever.

Miz Thang
A black chick who shreds guitar like only satan with tits could, but is the very archetype of PSYCHO BITCH

Some fucking cowboy stoned off his ass who took 4 hours to tune his guitar
(In his defense it was spectacular weed but still, moderation)

David gutter
A skrillex wannbe with slighty more talent and significantly less alcohol tolerance

>tfw wanted to be an ss officer fighting for the future

Attached: 1525828465959.png (2550x3300, 1.15M)

Not a lot, but i've been on a blues kick lately so it kinda works out, silver lining

No stories except for a single game of ninja that's been played continously for the past 15 years.

now you can be a white knight on the internet

Attached: 1.png (163x247, 85K)

>ninja

Is this a worksafe version of the dick card game from that one Jow Forumsopypasta?

>storyeim

WTF learn to spell

When I was really young like 6 or 7 I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
Archeology looked pretty fun back then.
Then I found out you dont travel the world finding cool artifacts , fucking hot girls, and fighting Nazis.

Tell us about Miz Thang, is she hot? did you hold hands in the missionary position?

A dad.
Im black so im feeling like a walking stereotype wanting that

I have had plenty of power-fantasies.

>always wanted to fuck a milf since i was in elementary school
>fucked milfs in college and onwards
>everytime feels like im fulfilling a lifelong dream, strong af orgasms

The same game, yeah.

>wanted to be a history teacher from childhood to teenage years
>parents don't support the decision because history teachers get no jobs and i go to business shit instead
>spent 4 years studying to end up being a stinky neet when I could have spent those 4 years studying something that made me happy before becoming a stinky neet
It's fine I suppose, modern teenagers are fucking insufferable anyways

Attached: 1515421621736.jpg (223x225, 10K)

I wanted to be a hero/badass/operator in war and or Policing. A leader of men and a true alpha male. Sadly the onions took hold of me and fire burned out long ago. Now days I just want enough money for my internet, beer and gym.

I wanted to be a house husband.
I realised that work would suck more than school pretty early, so that was my dream for a while.
But now I realise it's pretty impossible, at least if you wanna be financially stable.
So that's neat.

Attached: LainMEME.jpg (2266x3048, 490K)

I said I wanted to be an astronomer or astronaut.
My elementary classmates I used to go home with from the neighborhood rightly pointed out that it is freaking difficult.

Back then I ignored that, little did I know that I am a born brainlet with 0 potential.

>tfw wanted to be free

Attached: 38b5a3bf7538635a800d8c9096486ea9.jpg (1424x1069, 560K)