What is the best martial art to pick up to defend myself and my family?

What is the best martial art to pick up to defend myself and my family?

Attached: YouTube Shooter's Fake America's Got Talent Video.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDGtXLQ5Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=MeiHCBQCRGk
youtube.com/watch?v=zmvzCP65z00
youtube.com/watch?v=S4Duwu1hsrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Colt Python

sigh

why does every fucking thread on this board suck

AK

Gun-fu

gun fu

Krav Maga

Post your best and rarest nazim's

fpbp

One that uses projection of force like with a gun

Bjj

Attached: 20180404_141051.png (868x760, 471K)

AR-15 jutsu

A gun

Fpbp
No martial art is reliable against multiple opponents or armed people. The toughest guy can go down easily. Get a gun, a crossbow, or a melee weapon. Axe, or even a chainsaw. No burglar will face a guy with a chainsaw.

Although martial art can be useful for self defense and confidence. Avoid karate, tae kwondo, kung fu and other useless meme ones.
Aikido, jui jistu, krav maga, etc. Are the way to go. And chose one according to your body type. You need to be strong and tall for some. If you arent, you are wasting your time.

The only thing you need !

Attached: IMG_20180113_102831.jpg (1419x428, 59K)

If you need to defend yourself, your country sucks

Martial arts is gonna be shit to defend yourself, try to get an ex-israel commando to teach you Kraft maga otherwise go for an MMA gym that will teach you the rudimentary basis of boxing, kicking and grappling
Oh, and buy a fucking gun

>avoid useless meme ones
>aikido
Lmao

How long did it take you to download such a high resolution image?

Attached: 1511915509966.jpg (380x254, 12K)

Learn some sort of striking, boxing or muay thai are probably the most effective. In a real situation your best bet is to hit as hard and as fast as you can then GTFO.

Muy Thai Kali
t.

>avoid useless meme ones
>aikido
Okay Steven Seagal

>Bjj
Blowjob job

Muy Thai is for wannabe wallstreet faggots it’s useless unless you learn in Thailand

Gun-Fu

>Aikido

LOL

Attached: JustWalkAway.png (318x470, 56K)

>akido

boxing. You have to learn how to punc and move your legs. After you learn that you can learn bjj or judo or kyokushin

I am a black belt

If you're going to learn a martial art solely for self defense, then learn something like Muay Thai or Krav Maga where the goal is to incapacitate your opponents rather than a traditional fighting style where you are trying to follow rules.

That having been said, the idea of defending yourself against more than 1 person with martial arts is pretty delusional. If you can own a gun you'd be safer with that.

Attached: equilibrium_still.jpg (468x320, 107K)

Muay thai and 7.62x39-tsu

Where did this meme come from?

Muay thai and BJJ with some basic judo training is the best fighting system ever.

all of them. don't limit yourself

The problem is that most martial arts treat themselves as an art form.

The best "martial arts" are the ones that take bits and pieces of a dozen different practices and combine them to create a brutal no holds barred strategy for protecting yourself and/or eliminating threats.

Also I think anyone should steer clear of any martial art that teaches you how to disarm a knife wielding attacker or shit like that. Sorry guys, you're not a member of the special forces, you're not actually the navy seal in the copypasta.

I appreciate the ancient book Defendu for this reason. Written by William Fairbarn when he was a police officer in Shanghai. Fairbarn says that when someone comes at you with a knife, the first thing to do is put something, anything, between you and the knife, and talks about using a chair like a lion tamer.

I feel like most martial arts skip stuff like that and just expect you to be some superhuman warrior.

>Just get him off balance bro
>Use his weight to your advantage bro
>Just slap the knife out of his hand bro

Now I'm not saying Defendu, a 100 year old book, is the way to go, but hey, Fairbarn did go on to create the US Special Forces.

Jiu Jitsu/Bokatae/Krav Maga

Martial arts have been a meme since the first human picked up a pointy stick.

Tan-kwon -do

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDGtXLQ5Hs

Attached: tesla.jpg (960x863, 525K)

Krav, Muy Thai, BJJ butr all of them.
I'd add Krav Maga and a few others too

Was learning Wing-chun Kung Fu for about 4 years and thought it worked pretty well. I've never had to use it though. It's like 100% parrying and counter moves though, they don't teach you how to initiate a confrontation, only end one. The Chinese martial arts also teach you a lot of spirituality associated with the art, we learned some meditation techniques and we learned a bit of Tai chi and Jeet kune do. I'd say any martial art would be worth your time, they all make you a better person, but Wing-chun is great.

No wonder these memes died, they fucking suck.

Bukake.
Google it.

Remember the basics of cqc.

Mexican Judo.

THIS

i am a black bert and this guy is right

this. mix it up and dont limit yourself. also isn't there a saying somewhere about charging a gun but running from a knife or something

or just train in parkour and become epic in running away

did you mean hapkido?
The best martial art against multiple people is one that prevents you from going to the ground.

Gun Kata

Attached: ReMRAx.gif (320x179, 1.36M)

Target practice. Preferably targeting niggers.

why does it look like its a miniature ar made for a lego dude and lego hand?

do well enough for yourself with your career to hire bodyguards for everyone in your family. you can't be everywhere at once and anyone with a gun or a knife can potentially kill you anyway, even if you're a top of the league MMA fighter.

Fuck wasting time learning how to fight. We don't live in the middle ages anymore. If some violence loving retard can't accept the fact that beating someone down over words is no longer acceptable in a civilized society then they need to be taken out of civilized society. More violent people need to die more often because fear is the only thing these emotional retards understand. It is a shame that so many people believe that their emotions supersede the physical well being of another.

>criminals routinely use deadly weapons like guns, knives, hammers, peace trucks

>my hands will do fine

Cmon dude.

John Wick 3

cause its mainstream now.
just go outside and work on your cardio

Attached: 73.png (508x116, 3K)

Boxxing if you want to pick up the basics quickly
Eastern shit if you have time to invest

Learn how to pick up a baseball bat and swing it at peoples heads, practise with objects such as a piece of rope that you can hang from the ceiling, also make sure you buy a nice 12 gauge shotgun.

Gun-Fu

lol /thread

Attached: big_1411096081_1394451896_image.jpg (1280x718, 88K)

The willingness to act is all that matters, not skill or strength. If someone is attacking you or has broken into your house, you can attack them with anything in any way. If you go full crazy you will win, especially if you have the element of surprise. Eyes, balls, anything is a target, no mercy and never hold back.
Obviously that doesn't count for groups, with a group you are pretty much fucked but at least you can do them damage before they overwhelm you.

youtube.com/watch?v=MeiHCBQCRGk

why train the body when u can train the mind.

Attached: images.jpg (237x213, 7K)

Owning a gun

Smith & Wesson

Attached: dirtyharry.jpg (650x365, 43K)

i love coming to this site goddamn

For home defence? Get a gun. Or if this isn't an option, get a sharp piece of steel or fire hardened wood that short enough to still be moved around in a hallway. Knife armed criminals get very nervous if they are facing some maniac with a melee weapon with a range advantage. Althought having something like a combat knife as backup is a good idea.

Mossberg

I guess the answer isn't aikido then

>Akido

youtube.com/watch?v=zmvzCP65z00

Krav Maga. Sure it's a kike art but it teaches disarming techniques and low blows, which is all that criminals deserve. You can do some serious damage with it, it's not a quick and easy fight but one where the uninitiated suffers pain and trauma that will last their whole lives and remove their capability to propagate life.

It'll turn you into one scary motherfucker, trust me.

Attached: DO YOU FEEL POWERFUL.png (540x310, 65K)

>tfw studied aikido for years since I was a little kid

Pls no bully. I was just a kid. W-was it all a waste?

Attached: 1469340664531.jpg (409x409, 22K)

Boxing is definitive. If you can't box your way out of trouble you'd better have a weapon.

If you can box competently (2-3 years of good training at a good gym with lots of sparring) you can padge the shit out of 99.9% of grown males in the street without much effort.

If you're defending yourself against more than 1 or maybe 2 idiots you fucking fucked up way before any punches were thrown.
Good fighters don't get into fights. They know what can happen when shit goes off.

t. bitch made loser who lets pakis walk all over him

Vid related is what every Brit should be doing, but they won't because they share your laissez-faire lazy anglonigger attitude. Go get in shape you filth.

Attached: 1522284416483.webm (720x720, 1.65M)

whatever your army will teach you

A weapon doesn't make you a warrior.
Training, discipline and calm do.

Un ironically true

Horribly untrue. OP, if you want an additional way to HELP when a firearm is not an option. Boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, and basics of Juijitsu. Don't listen to all of these meme martial arts.

Gun-fu

you need that lack of risk assesment.
I think it's a bit genetic. My mother is polish, so if someone wants to fight, i will do it without worrying if he has a knife or whatever.

Attached: 1505656058728.png (741x568, 29K)

Krav maga

Semi automatic .45 acp

Attached: 1517939758949.jpg (740x667, 47K)

A gun.

The name doesn't matter.
I trained kajukenbo and kickboxing with policemen and army guys and befriended many of them.
Some weekends we'd meet and just give very specific classes to help law enforcement and civil self defence, talk about legal liability and such.

If you go to a gym with a bunch of knuckle heads and hooligans it doesn't matter if they train super saiyan shit, they won't be as helpful and useful at all.
Just try to find the right circle and the rest will eventually come to you.

>for actual self defense
gun
>for the feeling of confidence and alphaness you get when you know you could beat up any guy in a given room
MMA

end of story, /thread, no need to carry this any further

Rex Kwon Do.

Attached: 5764578ad3c263df44feb0b9776ebb92.jpg (303x350, 31K)

It depends on a few things, like age, experience or fitness. If you're looking to become proficient in a short time thai/kick or striaght boxing will do you well.

If you're short, try Judo you'll be tough as teak in a year. Kung fu can also actually be super effective if trained at a good school. There are alot of attacks to the throat testicles and eyes = the holy trinity of fucking leave me alone cunt.

Krav maga has semi realistic training, if you're the autistic type some ninjutsu can even be quite good, although i'd train something else with it. It will train you to be adopt a wicked streak if you get into it.

I've just replied to your OP and not read the other posts yet but can imagine the larping already.

The most important thing is that you enjoy it and like the company of the people there, get fit and try and change your mind set. There is no one superior martial art, there is only so many ways you can skin a cat. Look around your local area and and see what's what. Don't be hesitant to try a few things untill you find something that suits you. If you dont want to be there it's as good as useless.

Attached: 1521110719507.gif (624x525, 25K)

A weapon, improvised or othwrwise just might save your life.

joe rogan on fake martial arts

youtube.com/watch?v=S4Duwu1hsrE

gun-kata

martial art is meme for world where pride means something it is illusion

in real world you only survive if you hit first and hit them in the throat then decide to run or finish them

no martial art can save you from this

no size matters can save you from this

Escape should always be a priority, best to do a runner in the confusion

Attached: 1516130947426.jpg (255x255, 15K)

Easy to end up on your arse

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

faggot

Awareness.
May the woke be with you my young padawan.
"Knowing is the start of every battle on inside and outside" user.

this is actually a rational answer

krav maga is a meme. boxing, wrestling and jiu jitsu are the best martial arts. if youre looking to defend your home get a shotgun. every martial art fails to a competent gun user. if youre going to carry in public you need some kind of training.

Attached: 1522564823309.jpg (500x323, 35K)

only good thing i learned in a few years of aikido were balance issues, irimi and some of hte weapons techniques. a staff is a great melee weapon