This confuses Americans

This confuses Americans.

Attached: 1523188841357.webm (632x434, 945K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdy8CG09rSU
youtube.com/watch?v=k15GF6bkLDM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1517409639035.jpg (470x470, 70K)

>2004
How can a man, at that age in 2004, not know how to drive a manual?

What's going on here

It still blows my mind to this day that there are people who can't drive a manual care

i drive a pickup truck with a manual trans and all my vehicles except for one have had a manual. i've actually never met a single other person that drove a stick, but i'm only 28. the only other person i know that knows how to drive one is my dad and he was born in 1940. it's pretty cool because i've never had anyone ask to borrow my car.

99% of people that get in the car with me for the first time think i'm eccentric or something as well when they see that i drive a stick. they literally can't fathom anyone buying one on purpose.

>less than 3 percent of cars in the US are sold with manual transmission
Fucking edge lords thinking they are tough shit for driving manual.

19 year old American here, never drove a manual gonna make some guesses as to how, tell me where I'm wrong.

Start in neutral, clutch in, start car.
Disengage parking break, slowly release clutch. (vehicle moves slowly forward)
Clutch in, first gear, accelerate until rpm's are high, clutch in second gear. Etc...

Manual is for faggots

I don't know how to drive automatic. I don't know anyone who has an automatic. I probably have never seen an automatic.
>are automatic cars even real?

>drive a stick
What sort of retarded saying is that? Just say you drive a manual like a normal person.

I really hope this is bait

youtube.com/watch?v=wdy8CG09rSU

when you release the clutch you give it the same amount of gas. it took me a while to realize this. I had to learn at work on this super busy highway. you believe that.

i learned how to drive on a standard transmission. fuck off

97% of cars in America are made by Fisher Price

besides shitting on Americans there's really no reason to use manual in 2018, automatic is superior for everyone who's not an expert driver

Manual transmission is superior for low speed maneuvers; parking using clutch is much easier than using auto

Manual is for people who actually enjoy driving.
Automatic is for women.

know how i know you're some non-american foreign faggot?

I learned to drive with a manual and can still drive one if I have to. It feelsgoodman, and I am amazed that burgers generally lack the ability. HOWEVER, most modern cars aren't even available in manual, and I don't think I'll be in a position of having to drive one ever again.

That's pretty interesting, good to know, I hope to learn properly eventually. Definitely one of those things where the only way to learn is by doing it.

This. Driving manual is not hard, but it is less safe than auto, since you can't keep both hands on the wheel at all times.

I dont get it, why is there a dildo in the middle of that car

Set off in first not neutral. And clutch in when the car stops or you'll stall it.
I taught my eight year old daughter to drive a manual in about 15 minutes.

OUTSKILLED

Attached: 01302897.gif (380x197, 2.92M)

i prefer a manual, i just happen to have automatic right now.

only for petrol engines

nice projecting there hans.

>manual is for people who actually enjoy driving

hows sitting in peak hour gridlock going for you constantly on the clutch. bet it feels good really feeling the mechanics of the car!

kys germandog

I drove manual forklifts dose that make me better? no not really.

>fucking gate keepers.

>replying to a non-political thread
Sage.

Lol why would an American need to drive a manual car?
It's fucking 2018 get with the times, stick is old technology
If anything, we should be finding ways to improve automatics

how do I know you're a civic nationalist who suppourts israel?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 13K)

This. Manual isn't hard to learn, but driving manual is less safe than auto, since you can't keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times. Also, have fun stopping on a steep hill in busy traffic with a manual.

manual (standard) transmission is the best. you can downshift to slow down, saving your brakes

It really doesn't seem difficult with the faculty to learn, generally the only manual transmission cars you'll find on the states are older or performance cars. So naturally they're at a bit of a premium.

>2018
>we live in a age where car with autopilot are a reality
>"M-MUH MANUAL"
Fags-

some people just don't find driving a manual in traffic/on a hill difficult or annoying; it's just like anything else

same, I only learned it because of the stupid licensing laws. Fuck having an "Automatic" licence, those niggers were gonna make me pay for the exam for manual. The only time I would enjoy driving manual would be a sports car.

LOL

Calm down there Islander.

i dont drive in peak hours or to work. I live a 10 min bike ride from work. I learned driving with manual and I always feel weird driving automatic.
Im not saying its more chill but driving manual has something that connects you with your vehicle/machine. I dont know what it is, maybe its just the german engineering genes.

I'm going to learn how to drive manual soon I think, is it worth it? I hate driving automatic

>Also, have fun stopping on a steep hill in busy traffic with a manual.
What is clutch control

you can suck all that torque out of the engine. makes for fun driving. snow and ice is bad though, just start spinning.

The american cannot drive safely without two hands on the wheel.

The fellow australian imagines we only use our cars for commuting in sydney.
I would never buy an automatic for myself, even if that meant never buying a new car. My wife drives the auto, i drive a manual.

If you cant drive manual you are not a real man.

Its like CPR, not complicated or necessary but really fucking handy when you need it (i.e buying a car that only comes in manual)

>>this is what americans actually believe
I hope a niglet antifa shoots up your school.

A conservative estimate is in about 10 years, but probably more like 5, all cars will be self driving and also will be 2-3orders of magnitude safer than human drivers. Automatic and manual will both be archaic, in 20 years driving your own car under the vast majority of circumstances will be like owning a horse and buggy, some will do it for the novelty but largely it will be an antique form of transportation. Nice OP though.

Attached: 1463272944494.jpg (525x808, 149K)

yes, it's awesome. you have complete control of the vehicle

it's worth it because you never know whose car you might have to drive in an emergency. it'll also make learning to ride a motorcycle way easier.

Traffic jams that bad I don't even use the accelerator, just let the clutch up, take off the handbrake and drive on the tickover.

If you told them McDonald's was having a sale they'd figure it out pretty quick

>Hand shifting your car on a US freeway in gridlock traffic.

Do germans have a fetish for mindless busywork?

I think 50 years is more realistic.

it's always worth it to know more stuff, but realistically automatic is superior in 2018 and it's only fedoras who think they ''feel the car''
if you're so in tune then drive a car without synchromesh lol

(((American)))

fuck me

Why are so few cars in US manual?
In Sweden it's the standard, I don't know anyone that has an "automatic" license.

I think most people who drive manual in the US don't know how to start off on a hill, I've never met anyone who knew to use the handbrake
>at a stop light going up hill
>dumb motherfucker behind me is an inch from my bumper
>I know...
>feather the clutch
>yes, that's the correct procedure

>automatic is superior

Manual is a retard elimination test.

my first car was an e30 325i with a stick.

No, what you need to do, is push the clutch in, shove it in first. Rev it up to 6k, then drop the clutch as fast as you can.

It's likely american because the month is in front of the day
Though it could be an american camera

beacuse it makes you feel in control, you know, something you fat beta faggots don't have.

Attached: batjust.jpg (557x595, 154K)

>>autopilot
You like the idea of being fucked senseless by a robot-car-husbando don't You. And when You're about to cum he suddenly crashes against a tir because a fly passed near It's sensors and You'll lie there, eviscerated and dying and perpetually blueballed.
It's a fitting destiny for a eurocuck like you, gotta admit.

>needing the handbrake to start uphill

Gearbox cannibal

>automatic
>expensive pump system repairs
>computer controlled driving mechanics
>no engine braking
>no twitch downshifting
End ur lyfe m8

Attached: 179E3579-7697-4979-9770-09682E5EA76F.jpg (585x604, 85K)

>less safe than auto

what the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know how shifting gears work? Do you even drive? what the fuck are you saying dumb muritard?

Attached: 1492794210941.jpg (618x412, 46K)

literally everyone, including semi-cripples, can drive a manual after a few days
you people are acting like it's some philosophy and not just a chore which distracts you from important stuff while driving until you learn to do it mechanically

makes any car 4 times faster. tfw vteck kicks in.

youtube.com/watch?v=k15GF6bkLDM

And no rev matching, no double clutching etc. Automatic faggots must absolutely love getting fucked in the ass by shop mechanics.

>he actually drives during rush hour

Attached: A01067FC-9706-4037-A7FE-094F87647827.jpg (500x333, 30K)

BLOG POST:
I had a job over in New Mexico for a while. My boss lent me his car when I didn't have one. Great guy. But he wanted me to drive him home to show I knew how to drive manual. My Dad is British and he taught me to drive stick in a Jeep Wrangler, in a parking lot two or three times, while screaming at me, before we sold that hunk of shit. Never actually took it down a road.

I really needed and car but said that "I'm a bit rusty on stick shift". He just laughed and said I could warm up in the parking lot with him. I stalled that fucking thing so many times. But it actually sort of came back to be. After 15-20min I took it out on the highway with him and drove him home. Most nerve racking thing I've ever done. And if you've been to NM you know how fucking nightmarish Albuquerque drivers are. He was impressed and let me keep the car for the summer. Good times. Manual isn't too hard to pick up, depends on the car. The Wrangler was rough to learn on, thing would stall if you looked at it funny. Big Boss's 4runner was super forgiving though. A bit of practice and my parking lot skills gifted to me by my old angry cunt of a Dad were enough to learn it well enough for the road. The main thing is getting it smooth enough that you can get more out of it then a lot of automatics. If I shifted just right, I'd have shit power, but easily get 25+ MPG in that big ol' hunk of shit.

Do you also use rotary dial phones as well OP?

Society will collapse before that, and even If It doesn't nobody wants automaticamente cars, they litteraly only exist Because the élites push them so they can know where You are every time. Satellitecucks will defend this.

>I’ll never get a computer what would anyone want with one of those things?
>A cell phone? HA enjoy your radio waves to your brain Ill stick with my land line.
>A smart phone who really needs to look on the internet with their phone you probably want to fuck yourself with it too loser!

It's not distracting at all. if you don't have the brain capacity to do two things at once you shouldn't be driving at all.

Why do French people drive cars with a stop speed of 28 mph?

Attached: Aixam.png (300x200, 66K)

please read my post again, it's distracting for NEW drivers
besides that it's just a fucking chore, especially in heavy traffic
automatic in 2018 is superior for everyone but top 0.1% drivers

Real men drive manual, automatic is for pussies, enjoy having no real control

I know how to drive manual and even have a motorcycle, but on the car i want max convenience so i prefer automatic. Nowdays automatic act like manual and even get a bettrt mpg.

Beside nost people dont drive stick well and shift gears less effctive than auto. And nost of the cars you see lasting for 300k+ km are automatic.

Why do brits drive on the left???

Nah, automatic is for retards who can't drive properly. if it's a chore to move a stick 5cm up, down, left and right and to move your foot a few cm up and down then you must be one fat lazy son of a bitch

Excess of comfort will lead to idiocracy, dumbass.

they're really easy to operate. you don't need to learn it. They still suck tho. Lack of clutch pedal was really pissing me off while maneuvering

once you learn how to drive it theirs nothing to it.

i honestly don't know why anyone would knock someone for driving a manual transmission, being able to downshift to pass someone easier and being able to increase your mpg without tailgating a semi are enough to validate the choice alone

>tfw burger but drove manual your entire life
Manual Nationalism when

Attached: FA4AD3EF-EBB0-468A-BC3E-6C06B043E226.jpg (540x332, 40K)

>Driving a manual when your only experience with one is in a fucking parking lot
>Unfamiliar car with your boss breathing down your neck
>Unironically driving in iillegal spic filled NM

Surprised you didn't fucking kill your boss desu senpai.

.._ ._. __. ._ _.__

>ugh I do impractical things to stick it to Americans!
that's the spirit
pro-tip: I drive manual you faggots, I'm just realistic about it
automatic transmissions in 2018 are better than 99% of human drivers

It does 120mph in reverse...

Listen boomer, just because youre scared of change doesnt mean everyone else it. 2-3 orders of magnitude safer than humans will be impossible to ignore and once all accidents are caused by human drivers and people keep dying because humans it might even be regulated out. If you dont think youre every movement is already tracked then there’s really no point in replying. If you think anyone gives a fuck about what youre old hairy ass is doing then youre even more delusional LOL.

Attached: 79EF0843-A51D-412B-83EF-2B6A9684A3C4.jpg (419x480, 56K)

Does driving a tractor count as manual? Because I can do that no problem.
I've never had the opportunity to drive a manual car.

the automatic transmissions in the 90s were better than 99% of human drivers.

Modern phones are an improvement over the inconvenience of rotary phones. automatic cars are not an improvement over the inconvenience of manuals. automatics just allow you to be lazy and take more control over speed and gear changes away from you so you are partially handicapped. automatics are fast food, manuals are a salad.