What are you currently reading anons? Feeling a bit comfy tonight. Just finished the road by Cormac McCarthy...

What are you currently reading anons? Feeling a bit comfy tonight. Just finished the road by Cormac McCarthy, really enjoyed but hit me hard with them feels.

Attached: 2080f37bc7e864d6babfce122c3df627.jpg (2559x1599, 682K)

I just realized I have not read a book since the day I first got an itouch about a decade ago.
Damm

GED studybook

American Gods. Quite good

Go read byzantium by stephen lawhead

ive been buying and reading through berserk, currently on volume 15

I just got volume 1 delivered, a bit strange reading from the right side to the left but got used to it

Reading Red and black. Halfway through and it's great. I love French literature from that period.

The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Fitzgerald. This Side of Paradise.
Is it good? I heard he was some sort of weird religious freak?

Just got done with "The Black Sun: Alchemy and the Art of Darkness" by Stanton Marlan.
Interesting read

Book 25 of Livy

Finished the richest man in Babylon. The actual story is most likely horse shit but the financial advice is sound. Worth the read.

Currently reading this. Nice to read, but with my self discipline I will probably ignore all advices in book while buying alcohol every single day.

I know I could just google it, but if you're here OP, pls elaborate what it's about.

Attached: 1516326435859.jpg (500x650, 67K)

i just started the three body problem 2 days ago, about 1/3rd done so far. it's alright i guess. mostly reading it because amazon is making a tv show out of it

Just a little ways into "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami. It's alright so far - it's my first Murakami book, so I don't really know what to expect.

Attached: 1984[1].jpg (1748x2480, 1.43M)

I'm looking for a copy of roadside picnic, but everywhere I go to ask people just give me a weird look and say they don't have it

Reading books was one of the best decisions of my life. I finished The Dialogues by Seneca and St. Thomas Aquinas, Plato's Republic, Plutarch's Parallel Lives, The Prince by Machiavelli and now i'm going to read something by Thomas Hobbes.

"Make the Connection" by Oprah and Bob Greene

I had to throw out a ton of unbought books at a goodwill, and there were like four brand new copies of this gem

It's pretty basic, but it taught me a lot of junk I didn't know about exercising.

Attached: 51jOr2ek68L.jpg (333x484, 39K)

The Two Towers

Discipline is no issue in the modern era. I just dump my checks into checking and the bank by my instructions auto distributes it to all my asset and savings the next day before I can even touch it.

I would like to believe you user. But if you only have possibilities, then discipline is everything. You were organised enough to order what you wrote. I feel like I already gave up on everything I could.

Attached: 1516326297963.jpg (3000x2092, 884K)

Nah main. The hardest part about doing shit is thinking about it. That's where all the fear and doubt happens. When you first started driving a car it was hard and scary because you thought about it to much. After time it is like walking, you can do it without a thought. To quote a wise cartoon man"just don't think about it". For the next step I have to quote a dushe bag" just do it". Life becomes simple and easy then.

You have to exercise your brain just like a muscle. You have to force yourself even if you're figuratively bleeding because it's too much for you. You have to start by doing something even if it's a tiny thing like doing something for 5 minutes. You have to get angry at yourself, get fucking furious, it's a fight against your own mind that you have to win or when you'll get really old, you're going to know what real regret feels like.
The most important thing is to always remind yourself of what you have to do, every goddamn moment of your day and stop falling into useless and unproductive distractions. You can win the fight inside you but you have to try really really hard. It's not easy dude but you can do it, you have to start small but the key is to do it every single day, doesn't matter how small or seemingly useless the task is. You have to pressure yourself A LOT. You have to be your worst fucking nightmare. If you're not convinced, there are a lot of videos on how to break bad habits and form new ones or how to become more self-disciplined. All of that was just my suggestion based on my own experience. You can do it bro.

No really it is so simple and takes 5 min. Walk in, talk to rep. Tell them you would like to set up a auto transfer from your checking to your savings of maybe say $100 dollars every 1st and 15th. Done, now you just deposit your checks like normal and the bank saves for you like clockwork without you even noticing.

Thanks for that guys, but I feel I must just get it done in my own way. Don't get me wrong, I would like to simply follow your advices but I think there's something wrong with me on much deeper level than motivation failure.

Can someone recommend paranormal books?

With the old breed

It's a firsthand perspective on the Pacific Theater of World War II written by an American front-line infantry soldier
fighting the Japanese

Honestly I sometimes break into a sweat and dry heave when I read it because of how incredibly brutal it gets

Don't waste your time dude. I spent 15 years of my life with that shit, none of that is real, i've tried a shitload of stuff like rituals and other weird shit. I put my life into it but it brought me nothing at all. I was totally convinced. Now i know a shitload of useless knowledge and lots of wasted time on reading books written by drug users, schizos or who knows what. I'm just saying, of course you can just ignore me.

Ok main. Hope you find your way in peace.

Trying to read Cryptonomicon.

Euclids's Elements

Hey user, if you are still around its about a father and son trying to survive an apocalyptic setting. Very grim stuff and I cant imagine being able to read it whilst being a parent

I read The Road on a Sunday afternoon when I was working in Africa. We worked 12 hours a day and only had Sunday afternoons off, so I read it for 6 hours straight.
I was getting overwhelmed with the descriptions of rain and cold and cold and rain and gloom and constant dusk....I took a break and went outside and the warmth and trees and flowers made the shithole where I was staying seem like Heaven.
It can be an overwhelming book...I haven't seen the movie.

Finished volume 1 of Nisemonogatari and the second Erased omnibus earlier today

The movie was plodding and mediocre. Even based Viggo couldn't make a souffle with the ez-bake oven and quik-mix he was handed. What were you doing in Africa Boss?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

I'm in the middle of Bad Blood right now. Super interesting book about a biomedical company, Theranos, that basically defrauded investors for years.

I finished reading The Sisters Brothers a couple days ago on a crusade to get back into reading, and Im wondering what I should read next.

Might try and read my second Pinecone novel, Crying Of Lot 49. Nice and short, but its fucking DENSE. Plus, my only other Pynchon was Inherent Vice (excellent book I might add).

Starting this, Uboat admiral, became head of germany after hitler killed himself for 20 days. Spent 10 years in jail for war crimes that were stupid like planning battles and firing on all ships. Shit both sides did, he claims no knowledge of death camps only dealt with naval side of things. Some claims of anti semitism from crewmates
Cant wait

Attached: Screenshot_20180815-223258.jpg (578x874, 212K)

i don't read because reading is for nerds

So you know your place. Good.

ASOIAF, I enjoy it overall.

Books are expensive but I hate reading off a screen.

Currently reading the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
It's pretty interesting, especially as a fan of Jung's work.

Its been pretty good so far.

Attached: WhenWeWereOrphans_1_grande.jpg (600x400, 26K)

this is in my active PDF folder, i have ADD or something so i can't read one book start to finish. I really recommend blank slate by steven pinker and politics by morgenthau. I haven't even started half of these though.

Attached: read.png (761x368, 29K)

Beyond Good and Evil

Nietzsche is comfy

Attached: nietzsche.jpg (773x1024, 185K)

What's a robot book that will make me want to kill myself?

Attached: 1532593435664.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

To be honest I haven't been on reading in a few years, but the last book I enjoyed was Boneshaker. I tend to kind of alternate between narcissistic, psuedo-intellectual "rlly maed me th0nk" books and steampunk/alt-history novels.

I also enjoyed The Road, although I don't even want to think about what the movie undoubtedly is. If you enjoyed The Road, I recommend you check out Roadmarks by Roger Zelazny. It's closer to a Doctor Who feel, and I guess I really just thought of it because of the similar title, but it's a similar sort of wistful perpetual-travel sort of thing.

Cozy book dump

Attached: 0776ab026ebcdcfabd3b403b34fff430.jpg (553x752, 115K)

Eh it's not terribly interesting to me.

Written by a jew so it may not be ur thing, but its not bad. Has some interesting philosophy