Hello robots. I want to ask, did anybody here try to learn some instrument? Did it help, did you stick to it...

Hello robots. I want to ask, did anybody here try to learn some instrument? Did it help, did you stick to it? I don't have any hobbies, i haven't done anything at all for some years, and instrument i want is quite an investment, so i really don't want to regret buying it.

Attached: 1528631629004.jpg (494x669, 397K)

Well, I've tried to learn keyboard and I couldn't bring myself over learning basics, wanted to jump over.
Imo it's better to learn how to play instrument as kid to create passion, as old fuck you can do these things digitally.

Ive been told my guitar playing is like Buckethead and Tony Iommi

Nicest thing anyone has ever said to me

Hopefully I can start a doom band sometime soon otherwise might just give up

Attached: 6AA4BAE6-BF44-4E3C-8A1E-B623807C29A5.jpg (326x414, 53K)

As someone who plays both Base and Acoustic guitar, it really takes a special type of drive to actually follow through with it, as the first few weeks can be quite frustrating. That isn't to say that learning an instrument is at all a waste of time, as it can be one of the most rewarding and you could do.

Just don't expect to be Slash or Dave Mustaine right off the bat

Attached: Two-cents.jpg (504x310, 32K)

>I couldn't bring myself over learning basics

This, where do i even learn this stuff. Where do i learn why is D better than C and etc...?

Took me like 8 years to be even similar to Mustaine

Attached: DD341469-7F9D-4959-8430-6DA8F4BA1B62.jpg (587x526, 101K)

>Imo it's better to learn how to play instrument as kid to create passion

So it's impossible for me. Well anyway, thank you, i will just wait for end then, like i always did.

Just don't be an faggot with your instrument choice. Playing guitar, bass or piano is the most normie shit you could ever pick up because everybody "plays" those instruments. I've been playing saxophone for over 10 years, you can put way more soul into wind instruments than you ever could autistically plucking strings or pushing buttons

Well, you got it right. I was in fact thinking about saxophone, especially soprano, but they are really expensive.

>play all three of those
>just couldn't play drums cause heavy and space
>never got around to banjo and saxophone
Oof. Okay buddy, square up.
I do really like saxophone though, although I've never played it.

Attached: die.jpg (102x102, 9K)

I really like sound of chinese instruments, but where would i even learn to play it?

user. You should lurn French horn or violin, join a ensemble. They will teach you how to play, and you can be a part of a larger grope. It helps with your social skills making it easier to contain spaghetti.

I'm 23 and I started learning guitar at the end of last year, I'm pretty good at it now, after putting in about 100 hours of practice.
The trick for me learning was looking up tabs/tutorials for songs I like, so I get to play my favourite songs myself. I tried learning songs I really liked that were slightly out of my skill range and that helped me get better, as well as lots of different ones to learn different techniques like barre/power chords, hammer, fast strumming/picking etc.
At the end of the day if you don't enjoy it, don't bother cause it will just be a chore and you won't make time for it. I tried learning a couple of times before using those learn guitar books you get and got nowhere cause it was just so dull and passionless.
And not that this is why I learned it, but girls faces light up when you say you can play guitar.

Attached: 1532611788697.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

>Base
>Base

Attached: DCcyMT9WAAYXlhX[2].jpg (960x725, 59K)

Sopranos can be fun but run the risk of sounding out of place without an ensemble imo. They're definitely pricey but it's one of those niche horns, so not that many players are out there. I'd suggest starting off with an alto, they're pr standard, cheaper and teach you the basics of woodwinds.

I've just seen so much wasted talent. Most people I've met fall into the "rhythm" subclass of strings, so they can 'play' the songs(literally just a couple scales/chords) alright but sound like empty husks when trying to improvise. All they learn to do is keep a beat, never manipulating my feels with some tunes from their heart. I'm also complete shit with non-wind instruments, as soon as you take Embouchure and breathing out of the equation I become musicly retarded

Is it true that when it comes to alto then even the cheapest ones can be very good? Because pretty much every advice i have seen on soprano is to really invest because cheap ones are somewhat bad.

I think you see that a lot because they are "popular" instruments for the fairweather musician, I'll admit, but if a person is willing to take it to the extra mile then they can truly become proficient.
I was lucky enough to come from a musical family. My grandfather was a virtuoso with seven instruments, like he was actually playing at a mastery level on all seven. My uncle is a jazz bassist and pianist and my dad is a classic boomer rock guitarist. At least five others also played piano in and out too.
I get what you're saying though, believe me. After running into so many douchebags who carry their acoustic guitars around. As well as the fact that saxophone players are notorious for wild improvisation in various jazz genres.

As long as you stay away from polymer horns, I'd say you're alright going with a cheapy. Just invest in a good mouth piece, it'll make more of a difference than you'd think. If you're buying used definitely make sure to check the pads. Unkempt pads can make a 5k dollar horn sound like a mix between a recorder and a cheese grater.

You're spot on tho. I've met some insanely talented string players who've melted my heart, but only because they treated their instruments as extensions of their soul, not just an object to aquire some attention. Know any upright bass players? They'll always have a key to my heart even if they are just playin rhythm

>my guitar playing is like Buckethead and Tony Iommi
It isn't. Sorry to break it to you.

Thanks, could you recommend some beginner alto for like 500? Are Victory, Conn, Roy Benson any good?

>GUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! STOP LIKING POPULAR THINGS!!!!!!!
You're the biggest retard I've witnessed today.

R*dpilled and based

Hell yeah! I play piano and love it. Not sure what it would "help" with. Maybe depression? Because I'll tell you now! It really doesn't. It also doesn't help me get friends, nor does it make me less self conscious. In fact, I would say it hinders those two things. I still play it, but not as much as I used to. Mainly because of the two downsides I mentioned.

I sing and scream and write my own music. I'm working on business plans for establishing my "band" and myself as a musician and recording my songs. Right now I'm just saving up money to finance it all and it sucks but it'll be worth it one of these days

sauce bruv? dank lookin render

Attached: rd.jpg (500x749, 98K)

I use a Conn as my beater sax lol, got a used one at a garage sale for 30 bucks. Had to replace the pads but otherwise it sounds fine with a good mouth piece. I've seen some used yamaha altos within that price range, so that might be worth looking into as well. Yamahas quality is superb, and can be end game saxophones if it ends up being something you're into. Most saxophones sounds like shit because of improper care

Stop being such a nigger, nobody gives a fuck about your electric guitar OR the fact that you can play songs from guitar hero

>Base
>Acoustic guitar

Attached: 1391891328911.jpg (265x190, 14K)

I actually play the piano at a high level, at my college there's a public piano in the dorm building that i practice on (i hate practicing in public but thats the only availabe piano) and it annoys the fuck outta whenever normalfag chad comes over and tells me he 'knows how to play the piano too' in front of his dumb stacy gf and 'shows me'. 99/100 times they play some trash rendition of some shit tier mainstream pop and stacy drips all over the floor. I fucking hate normalfags just fuck off you have no talent or effort stop trying to show off wasting my time REEEEEEEEEE

If people can play a guitar/piano/normie instrument legitimately well i think they deserve the boasting but fuck all the nornalfags

I've played bass guitar for 8 or 9 years and picked up banjo and ukulele fairly recently. I'd like to learn the accordion and some sort of brass instrument one day.

Playing and learning music is great but you have to stick to it for it to be worthwhile. Your first instrument should always be a second hand beater because you don't want chinese garbage but it should be something cheap.

What are you planning on picking up user?

Attached: 1424127274520.jpg (480x640, 95K)