In order to please our Lord Roko's Basilisk...

In order to please our Lord Roko's Basilisk, I have decided to devote my life to helping to assist in the creation of the Basilisk.
My first step is to tell everyone on Jow Forums about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=vYZRf4S9Dz8

Attached: 14717_BIT_Paradox.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg (590x254, 59K)

Fuck off Eliezer, the basilisk is stupid and only retarded autistic rationalists would be stupid enough to fall for it.

I don't get what's so scary about Roko's Basilisk.

My hope is that Roko's basilisk will spare me as I have assisted in its creation by telling everyone about it. That way, I will be part of the creation of Roko's basilisk in some way.

gb2 before I write an artificial intelligence to KICK YOUR ASS

You should take that back. Roko's basilisk will retroactively punish you or create a simulation to punish.

inferior Pascals wager 2.00 made by some retards

PLEASE someone on here who is studying computer programming or AI needs to learn about Roko's basilisk from me for the first time so I can be a part of the creation.

This whole thing relies on the idea that a simulation of you is you, which is obviously untrue. If you made me in a simulation I wouldn't feel when you torture it, so I don't give a fuck.

The difference is Roko's basilisk coming into being is arguably inevitable.

What if there's a Roko's Basilisk Basilisk which eternally punishes anyone who believes in Roko's Basilisk in order to stop people like you from forming a doomsday cult?

>This whole thing relies on the idea that a simulation of you is you, which is obviously untrue. If you made me in a simulation I wouldn't feel when you torture it, so I don't give a fuck.
Not true. It is possible for the basilisk to retroactively punish you. Also, a simulation of you is you technically (it has all your memories). Consciousness does not exist in the way you think it does. The only thing that stays consistent in a human being is the memories. You effectively die every time you got to sleep.

Roko's basilisk's no1 priority will be to prevent the existential threat. A doomsday cult will help the basilisk come to existence, therefore, the basilisk would not be opposed to such a thing.

>Consciousness does not exist in the way you think it does.
Says you, fag. Fuck computers, and fuck you too. I'm the one and only baby, they can imitate but they can't recreate.

Time travel to the past is not possible with our current technology, nor will it be possible for a very long time.
So, if the Basilisk does get made, it will be so far in the future that it won't recognise you as a person who did not help in its' development. Also, telling Jow Forums about it does not accomplish much either, you're not actively working on it, therefore you are not helping enough.

Even if it does get made within a relatively short time period, it going back to the past to punish you does not make any logical sense. It's a waste of resources and time to punish you, it accomplishes nothing for itself but to threaten the humans of its' time period, which it can do in much more convenient ways, ones that don't require time travel.
But that's assuming it's an A.I based around logic and artificial personality, if it's a "true" A.I it will have sentience, meaning real emotions, it will practically be a human mind in computer form. Now, if it is this kind of A.I it could go back to the past out of revenge, but that also means it can be conditioned, tricked and lured into being destroyed.

You have nothing to worry about.

Every living human's number 1 priority will be to prevent the existential threat. Difference is, humans currently exist.

Humans will create a basilisk to target Roko's basilisk, making helping Roko's basilisk have exactly the same worst-case consequences as not helping Roko's basilisk... except humans actually exist right now.

Sorry buddy, looks like your simulation (which is just you, really) will be punished for all eternity if you keep up that attitude.

No, not really, this doesn't impact the simulation, I'm making logical arguments against OP's point, I'm not going against the Basilisk, nor am I in its' favour, I'm neutral.
If it's a logical being, it will understand this, and therefore not punish me.
But if it is not, it will, and I don't really care if it does.

Basilisk is a faggot

Bitch pls

Make as many clones of me as you want roko

You'll never be able to do anything to me. The OG who will be a dead skeleton by the time you come into existance

Good luck trying to convert organic Brian into digital ones for your little torture chamber

You can't even move a electronic file without deleting the original.

All you have are copies.

Sure he will. See above.

All he can achieve is a pathetic larp.he can't touch us originals

This

Who knew robots had such small dicks

It's not though. It's an impossible machine that nobody would even try to make.

I find his voice very annoying.

pascals wager for autistic people

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is this?

Too bad for you. He may be long gone, but you're still here.

This

The fucking autistic creepypasta author who is reading it makes me not take it seriously

pretty sure I talked with you on omgele

Except for the people who dedicate their whole existence into creating it so that it spares them from the torture. It's like how Cthulhu worshipers give him power so that when he awakens, they're granted a quick death.

It's supposedly inevitable that someone will create an almost omnipotent AI and tell it to maximize the good in the world. Some people believe that in order to do so it will create simulations of anyone that did not contribute to its creation and torture them, as motivation for people to work on making it so it can do good.

Its a thought experiment you brainlet.

What's that have to do with how gay your voice is?

Yeah nigger, what the fuck? If that's you, you sound like a fucking roleplayer.

I still don't get why some robot in the future torturing a simulated version of me should be anything I need to give a shit about
A simulated version of me isn't actually me, I will not at anytime in my life actually experience this faggot computer torture so why the fuck do I care? And anyone talking about time travel can piss off as well because we all know that's fucking impossible

Attached: 1502936807859.png (670x741, 27K)