Best Pokemon Game/Gen

What do you fuck boys think the best Pokemon game is and also whats your favorite overall Generation?

Best Game: Platinum Version

Best Overall Gen: 4

Attached: Platinum_EN_boxart.png (1114x1000, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPGJvAwjkmo
youtube.com/watch?v=HkHki1CkMWg
youtu.be/HQqBatjkLCg
youtube.com/watch?v=dA3mccI1DjY
youtu.be/hw3Z3lHyQiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HG/SS nig

FireRed/LeafGreen

HG/SS and Platinum are what makes Gen 4 the best one.

You guys realize why you see those as the best generation? It's because everyone who played those games are around 16-22 and therefore the biggest cohort on Jow Forums

You literally chose the only Pokemon game I have ever owned

youtube.com/watch?v=sPGJvAwjkmo

i'm 21 but gold version was my first, so walking pokemon + expanded overworld in the remakes was a godsend

gen 2 for lyf

I started with Gen 2. Platinum and HG/SS are the most content complete with some of the best after games in the series. Gen 5 was pretty good too. 6 was fine, but 7 is bad. Gen 7 is not fun, its long drawn out tutorial and bullshit time wasting is what kills it. All I want is Pokemon games more like Gen 5 and back but newer and better.

Its fair to say and its pretty much a fact that 2-4 will be favorites but its not just because of age. Its also because the newest games are just not very good.

I started with gen 1. I now dont like the original gen 1 and gen 2, since they are too outdated for me. Loved ruby and sapphire, and are probably my favorites. The amount of hours I spent on that cane was insane. I actually still have my cartridges. Gen 4 was also great, and would definitely want to play them again. After that, I stopped playing the games for the most part. I preferred when they had a 2d art style, and now there isn't much too then. It's the same rinse and repeat

Heart Gold is a very close tie for first. Its such a good game plus the nostalgia is there. Gold > Silver

This

>best game
soulsilver
>best gen
Ive played sun,it was extremely disappointing desu desu

Gen 7 felt like a rushed mess. I hope 8 is great, but Im not getting my hopes up.

gen 1 is like the windows 95 of pokemon games

>plus the nostalgia is there
yeah literally lol thanks to that GB Sounds item
D/P/Pt has some really comfy music though and that shiny finder

thats the best game right there

I'm 28
As the oldest fag on Jow Forums I declare that op is correct this time. Platinum was the best game. I played that shit so much in college. Online connectivity was just good enough. And the online battle meta was great. Everyone saying gen 2 needs to go back

Gen 4 is the best one because it has the best of Gen 2 with HG/SS and all the greatness of Platinum along with it.

Gen 6 was the best prove me wrong

pokemon gold

Gen 4 is objectively the worst gen, though. If you take out the cross-gen evolutions it introduced fewer mons than gen 6; The game is a slog to sit down and play, with everything taking ages to do (remember the health bars going down?); the music was shrill and not made well for the system; the story was nonexistent; the legendaries jumped the shark with literally my mom's God and are only outnumbered by gen 7's legendary count; introduced canon pokephilia; had an awful dex balance (literally two fire-type options on first release unless you connected one of the GBA games in, and even then one of the two was the starter); its expansion added nearly nothing to the games, only an RNG-fest post-game and a story area that adds nothing to the game except a puzzle or two, and a new Giratina form; and not to mention that it introduced Lucario, the second most-pandered mon in existence, and therefore encouraged GF to make "pandering" its entire marketing gimmick.

Now what can you say about the games that you liked that aren't something that literally every other Pokémon game does, and arguably better?

Spoiler: nothing. Stop blinding yourselves with nostalgia.

great b8 m8 I r8 8/8

It's not bait, that's my beliefs about gen 4.

which gen's your favorite then

I have to say my favorite in recent years was X and Y. I know they aren't the greatest but they got me interested in the games again.

Absolutely this, FRLG + HGSS

Attached: 429_1000.jpg (866x1171, 89K)

>my favorite in recent years was X and Y

Attached: 1512663539944.png (866x900, 94K)

Gen V. The fact that it's not just another boring backdrop to catch mons in, and then delivering 150+ new mons that I personally loved 90%+ of, having gym leaders and other characters that are actually relevant to the story as opposed to just being checkpoints, asking genuine irl questions in the story of the game, delivering the most extreme changes between the originals and "third version" (the sequels,) and in those sequels having nearly every boon of the first release and simply altering in equal measure or improving and adding ideas and concepts. Now, that's not an objective "best game," but I genuinely loved them subjectively. I think that B2W2 and HGSS are the closest to "objective" best games in the series, but I personally think BW and B2W2 are my favorites. I think they're also the only games in the franchise that don't use the fact that they're Pokémon games as a crutch; by that I mean that they would be good as standalone jrpg's too if they weren't connected to the series, if that makes sense. There's an air of genuine effort and care put into them that I haven't seen before them and especially after them. Again, this one is subjective, though, I'm not claiming that gen V are the objective best games.

X and Y were the most "OK" games I've ever played. They weren't bad at all, really, bar having a stupid plot and nearly no new mons. But those are really its only flaws; it's just that it didn't really do anything special or interesting or good, either. It's just an extremely solid "OK".

I get that. I couldn't explain why it was special to me, I just know that it was. I think I was just kind of burnt out on the games before and X/Y brought me back to enjoying them again. I do get that they are received by most as they are considered mediocre, but that just wasn't the case for me.

Nah I get you, I enjoyed it too. It was just one of those games that despite its mediocrity it was still fun to play.

>Best Game
Emerald

>Best Overall Gen

It sucks because most people seem to look down on it. Really though, I think every game has some charm to it and the charm they went for with X/Y resonated with me.

If I had to chose a Gen beyond 6th, I'd probably say Gen 2/4 purely for Gold and Silver.

I understand respect your opinions. I genuinely love all the Pokemon games for their own unique flair. However, Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon were not fun for me in anyway. They felt like rushed un-fun messes.

DIAMOND & PEARL ARE GOD-TIER

Gen 2 is my favorite, mostly because of the rom hacking community.

Sun & Moon (with Ultra Changes dlc).
It had a ton of faults that i hope gamefreak fixes in next gen, but i really like whre it is taking the series, regions with their own customs and ways of battling with pokemon. I also really like the story in regular sun/moon.

Attached: 4f2.jpg (614x756, 75K)

> they would be good as standalone jrpg's too if they weren't connected to the series
well yeah they sorta already tried that in-game by resetting the route numbers

Same

Where are all my friends?

platinum

and the ultra sun/moon games

you have none

He has me

fucking liar

was Jow Forums down or was it just on my side

I'm not, I like the Dane

gen 5 is objectively the best gen
you literally cannot prove me wrong
it was down for everyone my dude

just you

i bought your pass please let me post

lopve

Unbuy that immediately

what's the deal?

test

buy me one

strange...

no u

Speaking of Pokemon, a few days ago I watched the first three movies in Japanese for the first time. I don't remember those movies being that dark. Also really was interesting to read the old notes to learn that the first movie was supposed to be the finale. Damn shame 4kids butchered the OSTs for those movies because this is by far my favorite youtube.com/watch?v=HkHki1CkMWg
Good taste. But I gotta give the new gen credit for remixing these themes.
youtu.be/HQqBatjkLCg
youtube.com/watch?v=dA3mccI1DjY
youtu.be/hw3Z3lHyQiE
It was down for me as well.

The mystery dungeons were the best games.
And explorers of sky was the best of those.