Discuss

discuss

Attached: suiciderate.png (766x344, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apa.org/news/press/releases/2011/08/mental-illness.aspx
mentalhealth.org.uk/statistics/mental-health-statistics-men-and-women
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ur mom gay

why is Lithuania so high?

South Korea should be higher

Attached: 1508903050298.jpg (500x379, 132K)

discuss please.

It's interesting that the male rate is always significantly higher. Which leads me to believe that guys are more prone to get into situations that make them more likely to consider suicide.

It seems like women's suicide might be more often related to depression.

But in terms of why each of these countries is at the levels they are, I don't know. I don't know enough about any of those countries.

It'd be interesting to compare these countries simply by poverty ranking.

Aww...only third place?

Attached: 1473701762921.png (635x441, 17K)

continue thats interesting

why would you just ask someone to continue typing without contributing anything yourself

ur mom gay

whats wrong with that

Males have a worse time dealing with emotion in every nation whereas women have natural support groups 90% of the time. Often you'll see guys try and open up to friends and they'll just laugh it off because guys aren't "supposed to have emotions" or something.

Additionally, guys are more succesful at suicide attempts. Most girls tend to fake a suicide attempt to receive previously unattained attention to their ailments, but guys overwhelmingly attempt suicide to, well, die.

Men are more prone to mental diseases in general, including depression, I just think that depression specifically is underreported in men. I think that's the explanation for the suicide rates.
Not sure whats so shit about Sri Lanka that everyone buiciding themselves though

''get over it '' is a personal favourite of mine

I don't know if that's true or not, but I'd be surprised if it was that dramatic of a difference -- ie 20-30% swing based on that.

I think what was said about men being more successful might have quite a bit more merit.

I could be wrong, but I can't recall ever hearing that mental illness was that much more prevalent in males.

I think the success rate is a good theory on the male/female ratio comparison.

I think guys are probably more likely to use a gun, whereas women it's likely drugs. There's a whole lot more intervention time allowed with drugs. With most gun suicides, I'd think that intervention time ends with the pull of the trigger.

Do you have a source for this data? what year(s) is the sample from? I'm unsure that Sri Lanka is ranked #1 for suicide.

world health organization is the source

the explanation for higher male suicide rate has been known for a while. males are more genetically diverse than females so they are more likely to develop emotional/psychological problems and more likely to develop all kinds of issues that women develop at a much lower rate. there are lots of factors that play into the difference in suicide rates but that is the chief factor

Can you show me a source for that? I honestly have never seen that as a chief factor on the topic.

articles such as this one :

apa.org/news/press/releases/2011/08/mental-illness.aspx

Seem to say that depression is more common in women :

The authors cited previous research that found women suffer more than men from depression, because “women ruminate more frequently than men, focusing repetitively on their negative emotions and problems rather than engaging in more active problem solving.”

Which makes sense to me.

Not calling BS on you, I'm not sure you are wrong. However, I do think the theory that men are typically more successful at suicide seems awfully logical.

This page :

mentalhealth.org.uk/statistics/mental-health-statistics-men-and-women

cites " In England, women are more likely than men to have a common mental health problem1 and are almost twice as likely to be diagnosed with anxiety disorders."

Again, not calling BS. But sometimes people are better at blustering a point than actually citing studies etc.

For all I know your statement that men are more likely to develop emotional/psychological problems - just not gulping that yet.

*For all I know your statement that men are more likely to develop emotional/psychological problems is correct - just not gulping that yet.