/fast/ - #360 - Grand Theft Autophagy Edition

FAQ
>/fast/ discord discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headarse.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous:

Attached: 2343243242.jpg (569x600, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/jsiT8wv
youtube.com/watch?v=i6WDb54WrzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is BMI of 22.0 good enough to conclude you're not fat?

Attached: BMI-in-Adults-722x406.jpg (722x406, 45K)

BMI is virtually worthless IMO, look at yourself in the mirror and be honest

Coming up on 1 day dry fasted here, feeling pretty normal. Maybe just a tad thirsty. Trying to go for 96 hours as recced by Capsbro before moving into a water and SJ fast.

So I did a 2+ day dry fast, broke with baking soda and then some porkchop and mashed potatoes and coconut water, going to move into extended snake juice fast now. I hope this works.

Carbs? Disgusting

Well I'm not going to die, am I?

My intention is pretty much to fast regularly and the rest of the time go full carnivore with OMAD. Been watching Tufano's channel a lot and it's convinced me of the importance of organ meats.

I'm fat, have been fasting 8/10 days of January so far. I haven't been training. How bad is not training on fast? Is it mandatory? Just looking to lose weight

Nah and a bit of potatoes isn't too bad. Carbs suck though because you're just on pause with the fast until that glycogen gets burned up. Carbs make you hungry as fuck too, especially when you're switching back into ketosis. If you ate no carbs or real low on refeed, you'd never leave ketosis in the first place so further fasting would be easier.
Nbd. Depends on your body type and metabolism, for me, I'd probably be keto again by the time I woke up the next day.

Excellent plan. Organ meat is awesome. Fasting + lean meat carb free refeeds = God mode.

Nah you don't have to exercise. Just stay away from those forks and spoons. You can build muscle later if you want to.

Well I'm fat as fuck, but it was leftovers and I didn't want to throw it away and it really wasn't that much to begin with. Oh well, I guess I'll check the keto strip next time I take a piss. Dry fasting was interesting, and I lost a lot of water weight really fast, but it was kind of scary in a few parts, and I don't think I'll do it again. Just extended snake juice fasts. I do need to drop the weight ASAP though. I for sure have hypertension and I would prefer not to die. I hope I don't lose too much muscle and get stuck with loose skin.

Where can I buy keto sticks in southern Ontario if there are anything southern Ontario anons here

I plan on breaking my fast tomorrow evening (around 115 hour fast on snake juice). Should I drink snake juice throughout the day, or will I have too much salt? I will be having steak at a restaurant (low carb side of course)

3rd day of Water Fast. Still got the muffin top, but I like havin it around.

Tired as shit at work. Actually moving around and getting more water made it better. Never forget to always have water on hand. Gives you something to do and quenches the mental hunger.
Other than that worked out today. I'm still suprised that I'm able to lift the same amount I usually do. Did legs today and I actually did more at the leg press today and even matched my friend in reps at it with the
same volume even though he's been lifting longer. Everything else he did better at though. It was also an LA fitness so I imagine all the weights were fake so I probably lifted less than the local
gym. Still haven't gone for the snake juice. Got diet pepsi instead cause of the need for taste. Will use it on the fifth day as planned.

Workout Routine: imgur.com/a/jsiT8wv

Goal is 20 days and I'll try to make it by drinking the snake juice supplement by day 5.
Curent Weight:
Day (1): 192lb
Day (2): 191lb
Day (3): 189lb

Doing this for spiritual reasons, losing weight, but more importantly, I'm spreading awareness of the need to bring the mass shooter that is Sam Hyde to justice. Peace will not prevail until he is stopped.

Will post everyday. If a slav with unnatural curvature of the head can do it then you can too.

Attached: fastday3foto.jpg (2459x3128, 2.39M)

Oh yeah, by the by, coconut water is fucking disgusting. Snake juice is less disgusting and at least its zero calorie.

Good job on the fasting.

I like to exercise because it boosts my mood and takes my mind off food. But staying active doing anything beats sitting on your ass.

I like to go on walks when I'm fasting. Like 2 hour long walks.
Found it helps with the boredom and the weird energy I get and helps burn any lingering glycogen.

I had to walk a little today and I almost passed out when I got home

Mad props bro.

He Can't keep getting away with it!

Attached: Cj_lSEnVAAA0h6S.jpg (592x807, 64K)

Were you dry fasting?

no

>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)

man do I really have to have this, I have to fucking order it and I want to start tommoruu

Work on intermittent fasting or something first dude lmao.

I've done over a month before, but I never exercise. Barely left my room the past few months.

no, its optional but not necessary

optimal, not optional, i mean.

No, and I'm being serious

if is you, you need more mitochondria. Do some HIIT first and OMAD.

ah ok thanks, I didn't see magnesium in the other snake diet recipe video from the white screaming man

I've already started this and I think I'm going for 50 days this time. I'll exercise in March.

What's his looks level? What country?

Gentle reminder that ~0.6lbs/day is what you actually lose.

Now I'm fasting and all to lose weight.
But why doesn't my doctor take my blood pressure seriously.
>blood pressure reads 135/89
>"Oh yeah, it's a little high."
It's a LITTLE high? I should be on fucking blood thinners right now.

Very much depends on body, activity, metabolism, starting keto vs glycogen loaded. Also whether you use egcg and cayenne pepper to up AMPK activity. I pull .7-1lb/day on extended (7-10 days) after discounting initial water weight losses if carbs or a meal is involved. I basically start counting from weight at 48 hours fasted.
Either way, even -.6lb/day fat is badass.

That's still twice the recommended "aggressive" mamount.

can someone post the snake juice recipe in grams? i dont know if my teaspoons are the same as the ones used in this post

Attached: 1537628411731.jpg (638x558, 64K)

what happened to grandfather OMAW he has not heard about him for a long time,the listened that is dead that is true.

GOOD! DAY 2 COULD BE TOUGH, DEPENDING ON HOW BAD YOUR DETOX SYMPTOMS ARE. KEEP GOING AND DON'T DO ANYTHING PHYSICALLY TAXING.

YEA I REALLY LIKE TUFANO A LOT. HIS PERSONALITY SEEMS A BIT SMUG TO ME, LIKE HE'S SOME KIND OF KNOW-IT-ALL, BUT HE'S A VERY SMART PERSON WHO HAS SOME BALLS TO BOOT. HE'S ALSO A MUCH MORE LEVEL-HEADED YOUTUBER TO RECOMMEND FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE PUT OFF BY PEOPLE LIKE COLE. HIS NEWEST VIDEO IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD:
youtube.com/watch?v=i6WDb54WrzQ

YEA HYPERTENSION IS TRICKY TO WORK WITH. YOU HAVE TO FAST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO GET LEAN AND HEALTHY, THEN FAST AS LONG AS YOU CAN ONCE YOUR FAT CHOCOLATEY SYRUP BLOOD BECOMES NORMAL. DRY FASTING MAY BE TOO AGGRESSIVE FOR YOU, FOR NOW.

YOU CAN DILUTE THE SNAKE JUICE NP.

Fuck boys I'm only on day 4, I thought you were supposed to feel better around this time and I'm still hungry as fuck, been keeping my electrolytes n shit up too but I'm pretty worn out. I wonder if its because I quit drinking coffee too. Might just go to the 100 hour point and refeed until Monday and try again. At the very least I'm going to do 100 hour fasts a week but I was hoping I'd be able to get into a long ass 21 days but I'm not feeling it yet, I've gone a week before and I didn't feel great then either.

In alberta I just bought them a the walmart pharmacy bra

he's fucking thots, he made it

>I wonder if its because I quit drinking coffee too
Thats exactly why my dude, you're probably going through caffeine withdrawal as well

>100 hour point and refeed until Monday and try again.
Never refeed more than 1 day in a row unless you're a bitch

this month
1st fast: 46 hours-done
2nd fast: 72 hours-done
3rd fast: 120 hours. started an hour ago
c'mon boys we'll make it

While I understand your bravado I've already lost 90 pounds and am kicking things up by doing the 100 hour weekly fast, and the reason for re-feeding for 3 days is to restore my vitamins and minerals for a reset and then try again for the 21 days I'm aiming for since I'm going through caffeine withdrawals evidently like confirmed. It's better to be smart and plan succeed then reckless and fall flat on your face and have it be harder to pick yourself up.

How much should I lose before seeing noticeable drop in blood pressure? If I lose like 40lbs and still don't have a better blood pressure should I contact my doctor and say some shit's fucked up?

1 day?! 1 meal!

A lot of it could be psychological if you don't have a strong history with fasting. I'm at 96 and feeling pretty good, know I can hit 168 and might go for 336. In all likelihood I'm having 2lb top sirloin Monday, that or 1lb beef liver and onions. Then another 7 day.
Going into February lean as fuck bros.

Refeed: pile of steaks and like 12 light beers for ~60g carbs.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU EARLIER TODAY, GOOD TO SEE YOU'RE STICKING WITH YOUR WORD. GOOD FUCKING WORK AND KEEP MOTIVATING OTHERS.

HELLO DR. STATIN.

WITHOUT THE COST OF DESTROYING YOUR TDEE, TOO. MULTIPLE MEALS A DAY IS PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

THE OLD RECIPE WAS 2.5 GRAMS OF SODIUM AND POTASSIUM. THAT WAS THE OLD STARTING POINT, SO YOU CAN TRY SOMETHING AS LOW AS 1.5 GRAMS EACH AND ADJUST FROM THERE.

THE PAIN ENDS FOR ME AT THE END OF DAY 4.

PUSH UNTIL YOU FUCKING COME OUT AS A MAN.

I'M NOT TOO SURE ON THAT, THERE'S ALSO TOO MANY VARIABLES. JUST DO SHORT FASTS UNTIL YOU NOTICE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE SLOWLY DROPPING. IF YOU BECOME LEAN ONE DAY AND YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IS STILL SKY FUCKING HIGH, GO SEE A DOCTOR BUT DON'T GET ANY MEDS FOR IT, LOOK FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE YOUR SAME ISSUES AND HOW THEY SOLVED THEM (WITHOUT DRUGS).

HOW DO YOU SERVE YOUR LIVER? I HATE THE RAW FLAVOR AND TEXTURE OF IT BUT MY BODY FUCKING CRAVES THE FUCK OUT OF IT LIKE ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. ALSO, I CAN'T EVEN FIND GRASS-FED LIVER ANYWHERE NEARBY.

DROP THE FUCKING BEERS YOU ALCOHOLIC.

Caramelized a big yellow onion in butter, add about 4 tbsp garlic, add cayenne, stir, push to side of big pan, bit more butter in the empty part of pan, heat more, throw in cut up liver chunks, 2 or 3 minutes, flipping/ stirring liver frequently, stir entire mix, 1 minute more heat. Devour. So cooked, but not cooked to all hell.

reasking from previous thread for capsbro

I always get bloated during fast and my weight goes up. Why is this? Do I need to avoid this? If yes, how?

You got the aids bro

>1 day?! 1 meal!
If that

tfw you dont understand both of those people are me :^)

Attached: firefox_2019-01-11_01-37-23.png (1251x81, 11K)

:(

awwwwww shit

You get bloated during a fast? Fucking how? That is baffling to me. What exactly do you consume during a fast? And I mean down to amounts of water.

Meant for

Not sure. About 2.5-3L in the day
along with 1/2 tsp lite salt in a cup of water twice

I ate too much today, but I think I'll start up another dry fast tomorrow. Hopefully there isn't too much damage.

3+ litres of water sounds to me like too much. Unsure if that is causing the bloating or not though. I think if you pound a ton of water your body should be cutting water like a mf

thats what I thought. Maybe its the salt which I consumed a lot in one go making it go haywire. I'll consume it in smaller doses more frequently next time

well fuck you ima do meth to get skinny instead now everything is a lie

SOUNDS QUICK AND EASY. BUTTER REALLY DOES GO WELL WITH LIVER.

THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES WITH PEOPLE, FEMALES IN PARTICULAR.
WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN, EXACTLY? FIRST 24-48 HOURS OR WAY PAST THAT? WHICHEVER THE ANSWER, IF YOU FEEL NO PAIN OR ODD PHYSICAL DISCOMFORT, JUST KEEP FASTING, IT COULD BE YOUR BODY TRYING TO RETAIN WATER WEIGHT IN RESPONSE TO THE SUDDEN ABSENCE OF FOOD (THIS IS A THEORY). I DON'T THINK ANYBODY IN THE FASTING COMMUNITY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO REPLICATE THE ISSUE, UNLESS IT INVOLVED OVULATION.
OH, AFTER READING SOME RESPONSES IT'S MOST LIKELY YOU CAN SORTA PREP FOR A DRY FAST BY HYDRATING (OBVIOUSLY) AND REFEEDING ON CUCUMBERS. WATERMELON WORKS TOO.

yeah i think too much salt in one go. I'll make smaller doses

ARE REGULAR EPSOM SALTS OKAY TO USE ? IF I DIDNT GET FOOD GRADE AM I NIGGERED OR AM I OK :))))

Attached: 1537179710642.jpg (1024x907, 89K)

DON'T DO IT.

Day 14 of 40
Two weeks in.
Feeling good about everything.

PLEASE TELL ME WHY!!!!!!!

Attached: 1537218484319.jpg (399x388, 24K)

will make you shit

can i just have less? is there a way to wash it into food grade with some chemical/water?

Idk but I get my magnesium by popping a Calcium magnesium multi

JUST DON'T TAKE THE MAGNESIUM, IT'S OPTIONAL.

BUT MY HEART POUNDS ON DAY 2 OF FASTING

Attached: 1539712111971.png (290x290, 108K)

IF YOU'RE CERTAIN THAT IT'S DUE TO A MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY, REFEED ON FOODS HIGH IN MAGNESIUM AND FAST ON SNAKE JUICE WITHOUT THE EPSOM SALTS. YOUR BODY STORES LIKE 25000MG OF IT AND AN AVERAGE PERSON USES 300MG PER DAY. IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU'VE JUST BEEN DEFICIENT YOUR WHOLE LIFE, SO LOAD UP AND FAST YOU FUCKING CRYBABY.

Fuck bros today was pretty rough. So I binged hard the past 2 months on fast food and missed the gym for about 3 weeks. Decided to give fasting a shot and am transition/weaning myself to a keto-ish diet.
Past 2 days I've eaten 2 chicken breasts w/ broccoli w/ some ketchup/mayo mix for sauce. Seasoned chicken w/ lite salt today for electrolytes. Went to the gym for the second time to do back, yesterday was chest, and felt like total dogshit.
3x8 Diddlies at 2p8
3x10 cable rows close grip 150lb
3x10 cable rows wide grip 120
3x10 one arm rows at 55 dumbbell
Tried to get some biceps work in and started shaking first set at 32.5. Before my break i was curling 45s x8 for 3 sets
It was a rough one today bros
Advice, troll me, w/e it dont matter we all gonna make it broskis :D

that sounds like a potassium problem

I worked out fasting the first time. it was day 3 of fasting

I maintained intensity 100lb OHP 2x5
130lbs rows
2x10 bodyweight dips
2x8 25lbs lat raises
2x8 27.5 lb dumbbell flyes

when doing a caloric deficit its always a good diea to maintain intensity and lower volume. I could feel tired after set 2 so i didnt do set 3 in any exercise that day. but the intensity was maintained

OOOOHHH FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK
oh right i forgot what caused it since last time i looked up xD

Attached: busted.jpg (721x852, 88K)

You know it's really concerning how much sugar and caffeine can alter your heart rate when you start paying attention to that shit.

You doing an upper lower split?
I didn't like upper lower splits because they didnt give me enough volume to grow my strength or size past the barest of noob gains when i first started actually working out about 1.5 years ago.

I am doing kinda SS with lesser squats and more accessories so its not even really SS

>and felt like total dogshit.
>started shaking first set
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE LOW/EMPTY ON MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. CARB LOAD FOR A DAY IF YOU'RE TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE (CARB + LEAN PROTEIN, NO FAT). YOU'LL HAVE TO EXPERIMENT HOW MUCH CARBS YOU CAN EAT TO REPLENISH YOUR MUSCLE GLYCOGEN WITHOUT SPILLOVER. A SAFE NUMBER IS 300-400G OF SOME STARCHY CARB. DO EXTENDED FASTS TO BURN THE FAT OFF AND KEEP LIFTING.

GAIN SOME PURPOSE AND YOU'LL STOP RELAPSING LIKE AN IDIOT. OTHERWISE, YOU'LL CONTINUE TO DISAPPOINT YOURSELF AND THAT SHIT IS NOT GOING TO END WELL AS THE YEARS GO BY.

YEA, AND ONCE YOU QUIT EITHER ONE YOU REALIZE HOW FUCKING UNHEALTHY THEY ARE.

I just did my first 24 hour dry fast. Dropped 4lbs but I guess most of it was water weight.
Realistically how much will I lose if I did a 7 day water fast? Currently I'm 230lbs, 6'0.

7-10 POUNDS OF STRAIGHT FAT. IF YOU'RE ACTIVE, YOU CAN LOSE LIKE 12 POUNDS OF FAT IN THAT TIME. YOU'LL NEED SNAKE JUICE FOR A 7 DAY, THOUGH.

I think even though I overate today, I'll do another 48 hour dry fast, then move to snake juice. I can't have gained ALL 10 LBS OF water weight back.

Yeah I know based CAPS poster. I'm trying to get keto adapted so doing fasts isnt so painful. So ur saying like 300-400 grams of cooked potatoes? is that raw or after cooked? That will give me enough carbs to replenish glycogen but not enough to spill over and ruin keto adaption?
Original plan was doing 6 days (4 more currently) of 2 chx breasts w/ broccoli OMAD, then snake juice fasting for 3 days as a trial run. (Will add the 300gs of potatos if u think its a good idea) Will keep lifting, once i start going im good and go 5 times a week. Will keep cardio to 30 mins of walking at 3.5 mph. what do you think about this

Thankfully I'm not much for sugar or caffeine these days unless it's like, lemonade. I'd much rather have a big steak burrito over a piece of cheesecake, if I choose to binge.

use sweet potato for the micro nutrient gains

at least
tdee*1.1*7/3500 lbs

(TDEE)*(1.1)*(no. of days)/ (amount of calories in 1 lb of fat)

{we multiple by 1.1 because tdee goes up by at least 10% as studies have shown}

also add this to sticky. too many retards asking how many lbs can I use without knowing simple arithmetic or biochemistry knowledge

In terms of sugar, it's crazy how simple fasting is in terms of losing weight. It makes sense. Why would the human body get fat in the first place if not to store energy for later use. Excess sugar gets stored in the fat for use, so the only time sugar improves performance is when they don't already have a huge store of it in their gut they can rely on.

Can you just take salt and water? Does putting it in a solution change a anything or is it just for convenience since you’re drinking a shitload of water anyways?

>Day 6 of water - fast 5’9 male 27
>Down from 187.6lbs to 182.8

Dammit I missed the days when it was a lb a day assured.

more like auto-faggy amirite?

Attached: 0253ec8368c6cf5928087e1d7c5aad80ca710b0c.jpg (650x488, 66K)

Since I cannot find an answer to this question online I will ask it here.
How long does it take after eating for blood insulin to dissipate? Or in other words, what's the minimum amount of time required for an intermittent fast to actually do anything?

Jason Fung said that you lose about a half pound of fat per day of fasting. No water for 24 hrs would probably be the other 3.5 lbs. at 230 lbs 5'11'' I can fluctuate +/- 5 lbs easily depending on water intake, sodium etc.

You'll always get a spike after a meal, no matter what, that's how our body works. During a full fast, let me post this. This is a chart of glucose levels in someone who did a 40 day fast.

Attached: glucose.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)