/fast/ general

>Ctrl f
>No dedicated /fast/

Come on boys, how am I expected to make it without you?

Some regular put the sticky below, I don't have it saved.

Attached: 1541053334843.jpg (746x847, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
pepsicopartners.com/pepsico/en/USD/BEVERAGES/Soft-Drinks/Sierra-Mist-Lemon-Lime-Zero-Sugar/p/1-F85SB-17
siimland.com/what-breaks-a-fast-while-intermittent-fasting/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887500
youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fast 3 days
>big fucking refeed at buffet
>throw it all up, its like I never even broke my fast
>still lost another pound that day
I've unlocked the secrets of the universe
I don't care if I have an eating disorder when I'm making progress this good

Attached: 1546535430023.jpg (890x892, 89K)

Alright for people who fast regularly for cutting or whatever else, what's a reasonable schedule?
2 days a week? What do you guys do?

I was cutting slowly and consistently for a few months and then went on vacation for a month and kinda lost a chunk of my progress so I think maybe fasting a couple days a week could help me catch up

Attached: scoob.png (300x250, 27K)

Just finished 5 days on snake juice and broke the fast with half a lasagna. Maybe I'll do another 5 day.

It really just depends on how quickly you want to get results. Somebody doing one meal a week on snake juice is going to lose body fat faster than someone just fasting a couple of days a week.

Here's the thing though, If you do decide to just fast 2 days a week (for example), you want to make sure that you are eating very low carb or zero carb the rest of the time and checking with ketostix to make sure you're still in ketosis, otherwise those two day fasts are going to be kind of a waste.

If you are eating a diet with carbs in it, you'll have glycogen stored in your liver. After about 36 to 48 hours of fasting that will get used up and you'll go into ketosis (fasting forced ketosis). That's the point when you really start seeing benefits because your body is in fat burning mode and you don't have any dietary fat in your system, so you are definitely burning body fat.

Does that make sense? So if you are eating a "normal" diet with carbs in it, you'll be knocking yourself out of ketosis, and fasting for just 48hours a week will just be kind of spinning your wheels.

I bulk hard for a month and then shred back down to about 13% bf with non-stop fasting. Usually takes a week but I don't bulk too dirty. If you're a fat fucking slob, just fast until you can see some abs and then get back to a routine.

I plan on doing a 48(fourty(40)eight(8)) semi-hard dry fast. Lord grant me strength. Will update.

hour. 48 hours.

Doing a week long piss fast starting tomorrow. Haven't been able to go longer than five days before the piss is nutrient free and no longer prevents dehydration. Anything I can do to keep the piss rich longer?

store piss in your ass beforehand

/fast/ - #361 - GAY CHIHUAHUA EDITION

FAQ
>/fast/ discord discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. You won't have the willpower to fast that low.

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headarse.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous:

>Ain't going to the gym today, got no underwear that's clean.
SERIOUSLY? CLEAN YOUR GODDAMN CLOTHES YOU SICK BASTARD.
>Wish me luck in explanian
BE CONFIDENT WHEN YOU EXPLAIN. GAIN CONFIDENCE WITH COMPETENCE.

WILL START MY 72H DRY FAST TOMORROW NIGHT IF YOU PULL THROUGH THAT STEAKHOUSE UNSTEAKED.

HERE'S A (YOU) FOR OTHERS TO SEE.

FOOD ADDICTION.

GOOD JOB, AND YES, DO ANOTHER 5 DAY IF YOU'RE A FATASS.

CHECKED.
ALSO, 48S ARE BABY MODE. DO A 72.

BOTTLE YOUR PISS BEFORE YOU START THE FAST. USE GLASS BOTTLES.

nice digits

Attached: Bale.png (500x299, 114K)

I was pretty close and had abs just starting to come in before my trip now I'm at like ~16% my best guess would be

hmmm good info thanks for explaining, I think I might instead go for longer fasts but less frequent, like maybe doing a 4-5 day fast twice a month or something similar for the next couple months to feel it out

Attached: yea.png (782x646, 454K)

>bottle your piss
Based Cole

hey guys so today is my 2nd day on my 2dn week of fasting, tomorrow is my 3rd day, last week i was almost fainting in day 2, today i trained went for 50% since last week i went 70% and i was dying the next day, also this fast im doing it water only, i havent had the need to sip snake juice and i no onger feel an insane amount of hunger, and as always i see absolutely no difference in my body, im loosing like a pound a day and clothes are getting even more saggy, going to refeed tomorrow to play it safe, same 3 hour window starting 8 pm over all i feel better on my second try

what fast has the fastest results
recruiter told me to drop 50 pounds then come back but I need to lose it to go back as soon as possibe military is my last hope to get money to send to my parents.
Can I water fast while doing C25K I need to build endurance and lose weight

also i have a couple of questions, today my mom bought some coconuts and i was wondering if the coconut water would break my fast? i know eating it would defently do but the water? also i think im feeling better this week because i only jerked off once this week while the last days i jerked of like twice or 3 times

That's fucked up man

How long should I do the water fast for with snake juice? As long as I can? I have 150 pounds to lose. I started c25k last week.

based

IF YOU FEEL GOOD BEFORE YOUR REFEED, KEEP GOING. YOU CAN ALWAYS REFEED THE NEXT MORNING.

IN YOUR SITUATION, SNAKE JUICE + PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.

YES IT WILL, AND STOP JERKING OFF YOU GODDAMN ADDICT.

YOU CAN GO ON SNAKE JUICE FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN. IF YOU HAVE 150 POUNDS TO LOSE, YOU CAN DO 30 DAYS.

>Day 7
>Still going stronk
Manager ordered 6 large pizzas for the whole team because of our sales last month. That was fun watching everyone gorge on hot cheese, warm bread, and glistening oil. The best part? I didn't even mind. Just walked right through, grabbed my snake juice and took a nice solid chug and back to work.

I am impervious to your carb laden wiles you fucking Italian circular seductress.

>Come oooon user it is just a few slices you're already doing a crazy dangerous diet you can afford a little
AND DROP OUT OF KETOSIS YOU FUCKING WHORE? NO. FUCK YOUR PIZZA I AM GOING FOR 15 DAYS AND THERE ISN'T A MAN OR GOD THAT CAN STAND IN MY WAY

Attached: 1486736354301.gif (440x340, 994K)

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)

Can you point me in the direction of the video with this latest recipe? I want to listen to his reasons for the alterations.

>IF YOU FEEL GOOD BEFORE YOUR REFEED, KEEP GOING. YOU CAN ALWAYS REFEED THE NEXT MORNING.
should i keep even if im not sipping snake juice? and im not feeling great im just normal, right now 0 hunger

how do you work out on a snake juice fast? id imaging after 24 you'd get dizzy from doing a normal lift routine

>tfw i just bit my lip during my last meal before my fast
at least it will have plenty of time to heal XD

would drinking a 0 calorie diet drink fuck with my fast in any way?

like If I decided to do a non-food fast for 24 hours and only drank 0 cal diet sierra mist along with water am I doing something wrong?

Yes absolutely it will
Artificial sweeteners will spike your insulin which defeats the whole point of fasting.
Stop trying to cheat you soft piece of shit.

Its weird eating every day again after doing one mean a week for 2 weeks. Doesnt feel like youre supposed to eat.
Also I think I fucked up because I ate a lot of sushi. Like a lot when I broke my fast. 2 days in a row. Now its 48 hours after my last meal and Im still not keto.

it doesnt have any sweeteners though.

just sodium

pepsicopartners.com/pepsico/en/USD/BEVERAGES/Soft-Drinks/Sierra-Mist-Lemon-Lime-Zero-Sugar/p/1-F85SB-17

like this should be fine right or is it still a insulin spiker?

I don't think it defeats the point he wants though which is just fat loss. He misses the other health benefits though.

>he needs snake juice
lmao

>He doesn't fast long enough to need electrolyte replacements

Baby man

Attached: 1546921886302.jpg (639x606, 55K)

dont you need low insulin to lose weight though?

>pepsicopartners.com/pepsico/en/USD/BEVERAGES/Soft-Drinks/Sierra-Mist-Lemon-Lime-Zero-Sugar/p/1-F85SB-17
>Ingredients
>ASPARTAME
Right there you fucking mong. Of course it has sweeteners in it. Otherwise it wouldnt taste sweet DERRRRRR
STOP TRYING TO CHEAT COMMIT OR STAY FAT
Insulin blocks your ability to utilize your fat stores you moron. If insulin didn't matter then caloric restriction would work and we wouldn't need to fast in the first place.

True if your insulin is high enough your body will create energy from magic and pixie duat and stop using your bodies chemical energy sources.

Solid answer:
Will vaping spike my insulin? Break my fast? I'm just going for weight loss, will vaping make me lose more muscle?

Nicotine would be a big help in not eating if possible, but fuck tobacco.

Attached: FB_IMG_1538724645765.jpg (479x602, 40K)

>Aspartame doesn’t have any effect on the insulin response whether alone or combined with food[xx][xxi]. When protein produces a significant insulin response, then aspartame doesn’t seem to have any effect[xxii]. However, aspartame is thought to be linked with many cancers and tumors. I’d skip the diet coke.

siimland.com/what-breaks-a-fast-while-intermittent-fasting/

Raising insulin is bad for weight loss end of story. If your body is blocked from using its fat stores via insulin it might start reducing metabolism. It is NOT fasting.
Its a moot point regardless. You think Diet Soda poster is going to stop at 1? No hes not going to drink his Snake Juice hes going to start chugging soda because he is weak and cant stick to the fucking plan. while snake fasting the ONLY thing you can drink is snake juice, stop messing with what works. BUCKLE DOWN FATTIES LETS GET IT
STOP BEING WEAK STOP CRAVING SWEETS THAT WHAT CAUSED YOU TO GET FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE FATTIES

Diet soda is disgusting, if you're gonna have soda just have the real thing. Also snake juice isn't as bad tasting as I thought it would be, it's not very concentrated so it's not too bad. Coconut water is worse.

12 hours into a weekend fast

let's see how long I can go

this is night 1

>can't fast anymore because put on meds that need to be taken with food
OMAD is g-good enough for weight loss r-r-right guys?

Just do OMAD keto with meals at 500-1500 calories.

Honestly, I've never even looked into keto. It's literally just a high fat low carb diet right?

High protein, preferably zero carbs.
Also, ask your doctor WHY your medicine needs to be taken with food. If it's something like mild nausea, I'd say just fast anyways and see how well you're able to handle nausea.

He said there were no sweeteners i just stopped at the first one because it irritated me theres also
>ACESULFAME POTASSIUM
Raises Insulin
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2887500
Fasted rats injected with insulin, insulin increased in a dose dependent fashion.

None of this shit has really been tested. Stop cheating with fake sugar. Shortcuts are a lie. Drink your snake juice and man the fuck up stop cutting corners.

Zero carb if possible. High fat, moderate protein.

so what CAN I drink while fasting besides water?

The reason I think I do is because I have a sensitive stomach, and was recently put on an anti depressant that can cause nausea if taken without food. I'm extremely paranoid over this, not gonna lie lol. Maybe after a number of weeks I'd be more comfortable with the idea of not taking it with food buuuut, for now I don't think it's something I should try. Anxious enough as is taking something new as stupid as it might sound.

Unsweetened black coffee, supposedly.

Attached: FB_IMG_1539013803935.jpg (960x756, 57K)

black coffee, tea, semen.

BASED CAPS POSTER PLEASE TELL ME HOW MUCH THE SNAKE JUICE RECIPE IS IN GRAMS I HAVE 0 FAITH THAT MY TEASPOONS ARE THE SAME VOLUME AS WHATEVER MEASURING SYSTEM IN WHAT EVER COUNTRY HAS POSTED THE PASTA

>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp =??GRAMS
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp =??GRAMS
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp =??GRAMS
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp =??GRAMS

Attached: 1539633732020.jpg (1080x1080, 75K)

ostarine while fasted?

Cole, is that you?

What is special about "water fasting"? What things other than water do you consume during a regular fast?

I know to stat away from carbs and stick with mostly fat and protein but what else should you and should not eat to maintain keto during reseed between fasts? Fruits? Veggies?

The ratios are more important, and if you’re slightly off it ain’t gonna kill ya.
If you’re still worried a teaspoon is about 4.7 grams, but do the math yourself.

Nothing but snake juice, anything else is not fasting end of story.

youtube.com/watch?v=1onQ0nxgWFM

he fell for the sarms meme

Water fasting essentially is regular fasting. Dry fasting is the strange need that should need the identifier, but who really cares

should i avoid the sauna while fasting?

>still lost another pound that day
you lost weight because you didn't end up consuming many calories before you threw it up, but you still broke your fast because the chemical response to eating started during you actually eating. your insulin spiked and the body effectively reset to fed mode and so you are back at day 1. (if you'll allow the simplification)

So it's really more of a way to separate from the general "fasting" term, which has become more and more diluted as dillusional fatties keep slippery sloping in hundreds and thousands of daily calories while attaching random qualifiers to the word?

What's a cheap snake juice alternative? Looking for something around 10$ instead of the 40 on Amazon

>3rd day of OMAD
>Already having dreams about food
I haven't been hungry but damn it's becoming harder and harder to resist temptation. And I'm not even doing a real fast, only omad.

I've also realized how much temptations there are in this house. Literally food everywhere, candy, cookies, chocolate, fruit, leftovers from yesterday, ect... No wonder I grew fat. It's actually a wonder only me and my dad are the fat ones.

If I ever want to succeed in the long term I'll have to move out of this house quickly.

can someone bring me up to speed on snake juice. can I just water fast with only water, or will snake juice improve results? is it necessary?

Snake juice is only really necessary once your electrolyte stores become depleted, typically from at the earliest 4 days to maybe a week at the latest.

Basically, once you start to feel kinda sluggish, or have a headache or aches, you should start drinking a liter of snake juice a day in addition to your regular amount of water.

got it, thank you user

Going for long term fast
Tired of my flabby physique

Lifting for 2 years and still insecure about how i look
Time to change it

Lmao did omad with starches and you'll weight
Dunno man, lost 2 pounds fasting on diet pepsi .

You lost 2pounds of water weight from carb depletion retard

doesn't lemon juice and ACV have calories?

It is alright to just lick dry salt? I can't stand snake juice.

That may be but i weighted myself after refeed on carbs, i'm talking the very next day

it was 48 hs fast btw plus some days on omad

add cayenne pepper for taste then

Carb flush

I'm not a scientist, but idk if you'd absorb it all if taken in concentration like that. Besides, NoSalt (potassium) tastes like ass no matter what, it's just as important as sodium.

36 hours into another 72. Lifting tonight in about 14 hours. pictures are being taking on Sunday after 1 week of progress. Weight is being tracked. All of it will be posted on here after cut done

I hate drinking salt, this is my go to when I fast.

Attached: 61ojiJO5E0L._SL1000_.jpg (701x1000, 57K)

Proud of you, bro. Keep that shit going, if you feel fine at 72 why not go for 80?

family and social events, unfortunately. I’d like to skip em and keep going but I figure I should try and eek some joy out of it too. Right now my gameplan is to just fast as long as possible or until X comes up. I’m not doing less than 48s though. And so far it’s been two 72s and by Sunday it should be about 10lbs difference before refeed.

I've only eaten eggs, cottage cheese and bread OMAD for 3 days. When will I take a shit?

Attached: 1517019159865.jpg (632x584, 139K)

You people are fuckin deluded

why

i did 3 days omad and a 4 day fast, couldn't shit from day 2 to day 7. keep patient my man, if you're really worried drink some magnesium to push that poopoo out

Supporting your fellow fat user in his weight loss journey isn't delusional. It's okay to make friends, bro. You can do it too.

Attached: 1540657214207.png (1187x846, 26K)

Don’t you need to do a 48 hour water fast before starting snake juice?

no, but you can do a 48hr dry fast for autophagy and keto gains. water fast is retarded

Mm so what we eat is consequence based. Say if I eat OME2D, I have to eat low carb or zero

If I wanted to dine out and eat like 400g of carbs, I need to do a 5 or 6 day fast to get back to where I was

>Most effective method of weight loss that can't literally fucking kill you (barring medical conditions)
>Retarded

Found the faker

>49110801
you've unlocked bulimia

Can I still run an EC stack and fast on snake juice?

i didn't say snake juice fast is retarded dummy, but that water fasting is. you don't get your electrolytes in and you mostly feel like shit. anyone who fasts regularly knows that is way better to start your fast with 2-3 dry days and then switch to snake juice instead of water -> snake juice routine

anyone?

won't lemon juice and ACV break fast?

it won't, just make sure to use apple cider vinegar without extra added stuff like honey. also try to use some organic lemon juice with as few calories as possible. acv+lj shot twice a day doesn't have enough calories to mess up your fast.

Doesn't matter, my weight loss didn't slow down even a little so I have no reason to care about the semantics of what does and doesn't break a fast.
Yeah but I don't care.

Attached: based_pepe_cigar.png (334x346, 109K)

could only find Heinz ACV in my shit hole country, hopefully that'll do

still trying to find an organic lemon juice, only concentrates so far

Attached: apple-cider-vinegar.jpg (1500x1500, 143K)

i personally squeeze lemons on my own since i'm on a student budget and all the fancy organic juices in my country are expensive as fuck

How Roman of you.