Martial Art for self defense?

Hi Jow Forums,

My sister signed up to do some charity work in an orphanage in Kenya later on this year, she wanted to learn some self-defense before going in case things get dangerous there.

Realistically speaking, what's something that's useful one can pick up in about 5-6 months?

>inb4 krav, pepper spray or gun

Attached: 17647_10152907121301592_4616606188463945791_n.jpg (480x480, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

homeguntraining.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sncontacts.pdf
youtu.be/XPbCw9pV90c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Africa? Just get a gun or some bodyguards.

Brazilian Juijitsu otherwise. Look at something from the gracie youtube channel to find out more.

wew

>Kenya
be less malnourished than your foe

I've lived around South Africa for a while, I can tell you that you should just buy a gun. Martial arts only really work 1v1, and if you get mugged it is almost always a small group with knives and perhaps a gun.

Defendo if they have that where you are from.

realistically speaking, she's gonna have to train everyday if we wants to be useful in 5-6 month.

Otherwise it's best to treat the practice as endurance and awareness training (running is a joke compared how tiresome BJJ or Muay Thai practice is.)

Self defense martial art is bullshit, you have to pick a competitive fight and do lots and lots of sparring. Go for boxe, muay thai or BJJ.

>inb4 krav, pepper spray or gun
Ask her to start stretch her vagina and asshole to lessen the pain and injury.

Martial arts can be good, but most are bad. Not even necessarily due to the style/discipline.

All real practical martial arts and combat Sports, self defence etc will you fight/practice with each other and/or others.

If you don't have repeated real physical application, then it is useless, avoid it.

>woman
>upper body strength
>boxing

Just show her a bunch of videos of girls being macheted in foreign countries. Make her change her mind.
No way I'd allow my sister to go to a third world country

Being able to run away is easier to learn than how to fight.
Id wager ops sister can barely run a few miles.

>letting sister go to a horrible country
>to help horrible people grow up
>to move to your country to make it horrible

/thread

Your sister is either
1. Going to voluterally fuck africans
2. Be raped by africans
Enjoy

THIS

Attached: clap.gif (400x300, 540K)

Bodyguard or gun. Your sister is retarded and probably a giant whore.

Some dumb little bitch going to stop a lanklet with a machete? No.

>learn self defence in 5-6 months
>BJJ

pick one

sexy boxing?

STOP POSTING TRANNIES

box kicking or bbj

girl wont have enough upper body strength to throw punches or wrestle

teach her brazilian jjitsu to throw and some kicking to kick

if she had more time id say learn aikido, the ultimate martial art for women or wing chun if she will be working out in the fields

8 years righting experience here

Attached: 1543698853764.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

I used to teach in Kenya. Just use common sense. In Nairobi keep your wits about you in poorer places. If you’re in the Swahili cities it’s pretty safe but don’t make a big thing out of being christian or American.

Rural Kenya was maximum comfy. And villagers will all come running Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf style if you just cry for help with any emergency. Elders were hospitable and the kids were really cute. Not much to worry about.

But avoid Somalians if you see them. They’re addicted to crime.

Gun and run, I like martial arts and do judo, and used to box but 6 months is not enough time to git gud enough to be worth shit

Attached: 2BDF7FC8-27BC-4285-92C9-5FDFCC658802.gif (720x404, 3.11M)

bjj for one opponent
boxing + wrestling for several opponents

generaly, mixing one form of grappling and one form of striking is a good idea.
But nothing beats a weapon when it comes to self defence

Buy her a switchblade for a occasional defense, and for the fight style, i would recommend BJJ. If she ever got a 1vs1 situation, it would be the easiest way to deal with a stronger person.

Why the fuck would you let your sister go to Africa?

Attached: tyrone.jpg (900x900, 51K)

Catch wrestling/BJJ or boxing.

For a girl? Buy a gun.

it's so painfully obvious that none of you have never went to Africa. There are 4 American cities in the list of 50 most dangerous cities in the world and only 3 from the whole continent of Africa - which all from South Africa (if you know any history you should be able to guess why).

If you stay out of the bad neighbourhoods in Nairobi and have even a bit of common sense, Kenya is fucking chill. Just get an insurance in case someone steals your phone, that's it.

That said, your sister will most 100 fuck some Kenyan dudes because they are maybe the nicest people in the whole Africa.

It won't matter. Most people freeze up when they have an AK-47 pointed at them. 50% chance she'll be raped. Stop her user.

Kenya =/= Afghanistan

An expert female martial artist will still get destroyed by the average male who doesn't even know how to throw a punch.

she probably already knows how to lie on her back and open her legs

Friendly reminder that having a firearm or martial arts knowledge is good but knowing how to recognize pre-assault cues is just as important.

>MUC (Managing Unknown Contacts)
homeguntraining.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sncontacts.pdf

>good presentation on pre-assault cues
youtu.be/XPbCw9pV90c

It’s also worth knowing how to treat traumatic bleeding/injuries. But like every other user suggesting your sister to not do it, I would recommend that as well.

Varg Freeborn has a book and tons of videos talking about violence, mindset and concepts regarding combatives. Very interesting person with a unique background.

Attached: 6076CDC9-7B46-4304-A716-D6AD13137BA7.jpg (333x500, 63K)

Morocco is one of the more touristy countries in Africa, and a few weeks ago two girls were tortured and beheaded there.
If you're a girl in a first world country just fucking stay home. It's not worth it.

Most clubs are martial sports - sport as in useless for combat. They don't train seriously - opponents collaborate or are held back by rules instead of training seriously. The result is people come out of these mcdojo's thinking they are ready only to get deflated in their first real fight on the street. I've seen it happen repeatedly when i was younger and attended underground fights so i seriously discourage anyone thinking they can just go to any studio and turn into rambo. As for ground fighting - it's extremely effective 1v1 but if there is just one more guy you are fucked. He will kick your head in and that's the end of it. Finally remember this was all guys with similar builds. I wouldn't bet a dollar on a woman with only 6months training vs unknown street thug.

based

>Varg Freeborn
is that this guy, or different varg?

Attached: varg2.jpg (340x510, 68K)

This.

You can learn enough with daily training in that tune window for basic self defense / rape prevention.

i agree with the other posters. i did competitive kyokushin karate for years, and while i could beat the shit out of 99% of people 1v1+unarmed, it's not how the real world works. if the other guy has a gun, knife, or friend, you're probably boned. do martial arts for fun and confidence, but for self defense just arm yourself

>hmm, I could google it myself, but I'd have to stop sucking dicks for a moment

google? All he had to do is use the goddamn youtube link and look at that guys face.
Writing to ask took literally longer.

I needed a break. My mouth was sore

Why not CAPOEIRA, the MOST DANGEROUS martial art of ALL

Attached: 1504696598413.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

I was just in morocco a while ago and i'm going to ny in few weeks and honestly i'm always more stressed to go to us. but to be fair, i'm a guy, and i know if you go to morocco without a male in your group it's going to be a very different experience.

this thread is a hilarious collection of delusional ameriburgers that have never left their country to realise that nearly everywhere else in the world it's safer and nicer than back home.

Honestly muay Thai makes the most sense for women as they have better lower strength than upper and bjj doesn't favour multiple opponents which women need to prepare for.
T~ muay Thai shill

The best self defense for your sister is not going to a shithole like Kenya

t. Army SF/BJJ black belt

so is it a different varg?

What OP is talking about is actually quite a common thing and they are 99,9% doing fine because nobody wants to kill the cash flow from this exchange project. The real risk is thereby really low but OP asked so why wouldn't people answer accordingly?

Id argue judo, less strength reliant, can throw someone and run, and if she does get taken to the ground, she still has a few techniques, although obviously not as much as BJJ
T. Judo shill

good points but how does judo size up to multiple opponents ? Not that any women would probably win against 2 or more guys but its still worth Planning around the necessity

Attached: 1537033894314.jpg (4392x2272, 869K)

>throw and run
Already said it. Also good at grip breaking

This, if you were to get into a bad situation there's a decent chance that it involves several people with weapons.
Gun, bodyguards, pepper spray, run away. Pick two.
Not particularly useful for opponents wearing t-shirts.

aikido is actually useless. BJJ all the way but the best martial art she can train is NOT GOING TO FUCKING AFRICA

not in grappling bb

dude, men don't train martial arts to fucking win against 2 or more armed opponents. you just need something to fucking break contact in the first place.

If you need to fight for your life the best martial art is not placing yourself in that situation in the first place, avoiding the unnecessary trip to Kenya for virtue signaling Instagram upboats. The second best is having a gun and knowing how to use it. This is coming from a guy in the army SF who also has a black belt in BJJ.

>akido / wing chun
fake gook magical martial arts which have no praticality and are likely to get you killed

Muay Thai is probably the best for self defence because at the end of the day, the best offence is defense

Best advice right here. Barring that, being a fast runner also helps. It is always better to de-escalate or get away than to fight. No one wins in a street fight.

>you can’t grab a T-shirt
Wut?

Grappling is included, girl.

>start grappling man
>he just overpowers you and sticks his dick in your cunt

Go ahead, lmao

Nothings going to teach her enough in that time span op shes hopeless for 6 months she definitely needs a fucking gun or pepper spray nigger

>Martial Art for self defense?
It would not help her, the problem is with her head.

I swear to god youre the dumbest motherfucker and have 0 experience in any of those if you recommend aikido

Not that user but goddamn are you dumb.
>Freeborn
>Vikernes

Do not sound the same at all.

delusional roast beef

Honestly this is the wise decision.

Attached: 1546238102482.jpg (790x960, 98K)

>The most strength oriented form of combat
>Women can hang with men
Pick one

A lot of people approach this wrong.

First get this book.
>ESCAPE THE WOLF
Awareness is your only weapon, you need it before all others.

After that Google Kali/eskrima/aris lessons near by. Learning this teaches you how to use any melee weapon efficiently, with force. Even just month of classes would help you. When in the country buy and carry a machete.

You could do unarmed also, Thai boxing and jujitsu seam to be the most technical focused on cqc combat sport there are.

Also have good cardio, know when to run far away.

Attached: IMG_5311.jpg (600x515, 76K)

T-shirt is far looser than a gi, doesn't have sleeves and is vulnerable to tearing. Judo is just shit for no gi unless you train specifically for it. Just learn wrestling.

Tell her not to go. No matter how much she trains, nigs are an entirely different breed. They'll fucking swarm her
If she can't be swayed, she cannot go anywhere alone or travel after dark

Based

I would try to convince her not to go.

But I’ve trained with wrestlers, they take you down and then you choke them. They don’t guard their necks worth shit

I'm not searching for girls getting macheted, I don't even know where to start without stumbling upon some disturbing crap.

All your grappling knowledge and skill doesn't go out the window the second you don't have a gi to grab. Head and arm or an underhook and you can easily do your throws. You don't need to do so something fancy, just a shoulder or hip throw is easy without a gi.

Part of krav taught by a certified kmg instructor should be how to safely run away, which is only halfway effective because she's not going to outrun a pack of wild Africans. She's not going to out fight them either.

Her best choice is to travel in groups, follow all the safety advice given to her by the charity, and read up on all the ways that dumb white women have died in Africa.