How the fuck do i get into the mindset?

inb4 read the sticky
STICKY DOESN'T HELP ME

So im 190 cm (6ft 3in) 95kg (210lbs) guy. Every single evening im thinking about going to the gym, going on a diet, being pumped up about it. However when the next day comes the whole bubble pops and i am in the entry point. This had been going on for atleast 2 months now. What do Jow Forums?

Attached: fat.jpg (2048x1536, 226K)

Nobody can change your mindset than you.

You need to step foot there see first results and keep going. I wasnt motivated untill first resaults kicked in. After that, i am always here

JUST FUCKING DO IT YOU LAZY CUNT

Attached: Consider_the_following.jpg (200x200, 13K)

get out of bed. look in the mirror. get fucking angry, and make a plan for the day. don't stop and think too much. make food, go to the gym without stopping to think. tell yourself every day you want to change. have some passion in everything you do, and actually push yourself. if you truly want to change, you will.

The hardest part is starting, but once you make it a habit then it becomes easy.

If you're having a hard time motivating yourself to go in the mornings then you should just go in the evenings if that's an option.

You have to want it.

OP here
I've went to the gym several times, never made it into the habit. I dont have time to do that (still a student) But i WOULD REALLY FUCKING WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT AND BULK UP

No time is just an excuse ...

to be honest you have the worst type of body right now - very fat and low amount of muscle

Idk what the fuck you expect from us, there's no secret to getting fit.

Find the time to go to the gym or shut the fuck up

Motivation comes in two forms, internal and external.
Internally you have a desire to lose weight but no effort, externally noones forcing you to and until you reach a midlife crisis you might not.
But, you came to Jow Forums, so you did something right.

To create a habit you have to change one thing at a time and stay consistant until its a habit.
For me, jogging every morning killed but its now a habit.
The biggest tip for habit forming is to never try to start too many things at once, one step at a time is better than taking no steps in the end.

Other than that, when I first started exercise in earnest I wrote down what I did daily.
Things like: full warmup + 3x3 pullups + 10x3 pushups.

Finally you don't need the gym if all you want to do is become slim, the three main factors to consistant weightloss are; Diet, Exercise and Consistancy.
If you control the calories to be a small deficit and slowly increase that deficit over time.
Jog a mile a day, even if it doesn't do a lot.

Gl

>I dont have time to do that (still a student)
You have more time now than you'll ever have after graduating.

Bitch, I'm studying computer science, working the weekends, and collaborating in 2 University clubs, still got time to go to the gym.

Don't play the "I'm a student" card and get 4 hours a week for your health. If you don't have money for the gym you can try to work out at home or in the street (even though it won't be as effective).

But stop making up excuses, you just have to do 1 thing. Focus your mind on one single thing, and that is exercise today.

Holy shit man i think that ill start writing down my progress to push me to the habit

You have to hate yourself so much that you can't stand looking at yourself anymore.

Attached: l-21586-pull-the-trigger-piglet.jpg (700x700, 26K)

True but then you can just break all the mirrors and never see yourself again

What if i hate myself already?

just haul your ass to the gym lmao

If you'd like, I can text you "GO to the gym you fat fuck" every morning

IF that will help me then why not

you decide to have it

Where can I find Jow Forums approved meals?

Do you have a gym on-campus? If so, take advantage of it because it's very convenient. Regardless, you need to understand that you will find yourself becoming more energetic once you get into going to the gym as a habit. Don't think of it as something that uses up your time and energy. It's an investment that will open up time and energy for your life and studies.

nah i would love a gym at my campus but no

JUST FUCKING DO IT

Attached: 1542667685397.png (654x732, 1.17M)

Waaaah I Don't Want To Put Any Effort But Have Results: The Thread.

If you don't go to the gym - then you clearly don't want to lose weight that much, otherwise you wouldn't be in your position. You want to or you don't, that's it. Stop whining, start eating normal food (which is 90% of getting in shape), lift weights and stop wasting our fucking time with this bullshit.

Man i know that if i want to achieve something i HAVE TO work, so i just need a kickstart to taht effort

Just do it faggot, start with small steps. E.g. only do the gym part. Then start unfucking your diet.
Don't do it at the same time. You don't get better by shear will power, you get better by gaining new habits. Going to the gym should be a habit. You should go automatically, rejecting bad food should be automatism. Just trying your hardest for two months won't help, it will burn you out. You need to start small and be persistent.

You want to get fit, that's all the fucking motivation you need.

You cant rely on motivation and emotional highs and lows to get your fatass into the gym. You need to have the discipline in your life to make yourself go.

>I want all the results without putting in any effort

that's sure gonna get you far in life

Attached: 18670920_10212196184075018_8388429828429334118_n.jpg (480x311, 16K)

Just do it you absolute blob, look at you with that pseudogyno hanging there and everything can you even call yourself a man when you look like that

this
The only way I stay happy / motivated is by not thinking about things you can't change.
Find something that upsets you but can be changed, and turn that sadness into anger and use that anger at the gym.

You don't need to go to any gym in order to obtain a decent physique.
Use myfitnesspal, track what you eat and set a goal 500 calories under your maintainance while eating at least 100g of protein.
Start doing bodyweight exercises such as squats, pushups, glute bridges, supermans, planks, dips by using chairs and pullups if you have convenient bars or branches nearby. You can then progress further by using a weighted backpack or buying a pair of dumbbells.
This is more than enough to get a better body than most people. It's easy when it becomes a routine, something you just do everyday after waking up.

Realise how small your window of opportunity is to see yourself at peak fizeek.

Reminder that unless you get yourself in good shape in your twenties, you will die without having seen what you were physically capable of. Young men are bundles of raw potential, not in a directionless way, but in the sense that, if you do the right things in your twenties, read the right books, lift weights, you will embody a kind of spiritual excellence which uniquely belongs to you. But if you squander these years, waste your time as so many do, this is tantamount to spitting in Nature's face, and (if you are a believer of any sort) in the face of God.

I honestly can't hammer home enough that you have such a short period of time to realise this potential. Very few do, fewer each generation. I don't know what age you are user, but no matter which side of twenty you're on, you don't have the time you think you have. The body you've been given is a gift, maybe the greatest gift, because of what it is possible to manifest with (let's be honest) barely any effort at all. Three days at the gym a week, cardio on off days, eating right. That's all. And if you do that, alongside reading good books, you will embody what is, no exaggeration, the highest form of life possible, the life of a young male, at the apotheosis of his powers, strong in mind and body.

But if you waste these years, and most do, you will never see this, and you'll live knowing that, at the crucial moment, you clung to life's outskirts.

Read "The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock" by TS Eliot
>i have seen the moment of my greatness flicker
>and i have seen the eternal footman hold my coat and snicker
>and in short i was afraid
This is you, or will be. This is most of us. The moment of your greatness, of potential greatest, is a flicker, a mere instant, and the rest of life is a slow decline. And never to have seized your moment of greatness before start of this decline, I can't think of a more cursed fate.

Attached: IMG_3352.jpg (385x750, 99K)

Bro, this was soo deep... You made me think, i'm 18 and because of you i realised that if i wont do it i will lose my biggest opportunity - being young. If you could feel that strange feeling of power right now. On monday im definitely going to the gym, now im going to do some exercises. Thanks to all of you here

The very next second you feel the urge to diet or go to the gym, and you're not at your job, then go on a diet and go to the gym. Do not think about it or psych up for it. Just do it.

Attached: 1436374356717.png (640x418, 336K)

Dont think about tomorrow. Start today

Hmmm.. You don't have time to do something OP? Alright, I get it.
So surely you have time to do nothing? To do LESS as a matter of fact, like less stuffing your face?
Go for a big cut through the month, if you stick to it it will give you a big kickstart.
Although we both know you won't survive a week.

Every time I see a tall fat dude I say to myself, what a fucking waste, you could be a fucking Viking mode and brutal mog your peers... You just need to man the fuck up and read the fucking sticky...

t. suicide case

Man I wish i could make myself a viking

I'mma tell you what I did. Before I started I got everything I needed to start.
Bought a precision digital scale for the kitchen,
Bought a plastic cup to measure liquids, threw all the shit from my previous shitty not caring about food life. Bought a plastic bottle for mineral water, the ones people use in the gym, wide mouth easy to fill.
Downloaded MyFitnessPal and registered all my measurements on it. Weight, height, hip, neck, all that shit.
Then based on the sticky calculated my TDEE and fucking cutted it in half.
Then you have to stick healthy food. The first purchase is the most painful since you have to buy everything in once. Tons of chicken breast, based butcher had it already cutted in slices. Put some nylon in between slices and to the freezer. Frozen spinaches and broccolis. Brown rice. Low fat yogurt, tuna cans (I prefer on water,not oil) and tons of other shit I didn't remember/bought because I didn't like them. Once every few days buy red meat as well, but frozen it does not taste that good as natural so I don't keep it at home. Get yourself some condiments. Pepper, oregano, and that shit because you are not going to use salt. Neither sugar of course.
You gonna have to cook yourself everything, mostly steamed,boiled, or roasted. No fried in oil.
Then EVERYTHING you gonna eat, weigh it first and register it on MyFitnessPal. Focus on it like a game, or like a job. It's motivating to see the progress. You have to register EVERYTHING. If you are compromised enough you'll notice you'll stop binge eating since not only you have to feel the remorse of eating. Also you feel it when you register it. And it will chase you for the rest of the day whenever you open the app. Always keep you bottle filled, and when you get it empty register that as, in my case, 500ml and fill it again. Do it as much as you can.
I don't even go to the gym (yet) and already down 8 kilos in 20some days. (SW 96kg GW 80kg, 181cm)
It's not hard at all. You just get used to it.

Careful not to lose weight too fast user, you'll end up losing muscle mass instead of all of your fat and look like a sack of shit by the end of it. Good work getting started though.

>i know that if i want to achieve something i HAVE TO work, so i just need a kickstart to taht effort
Whatever you're working towards, remember that you won't get it if you don't get fit.

Thanks user, I'm currently getting somewhere around 70g of protein a day being the only source food. I'm now eating eggs (I just forgot about them, gonna include them in the groceries for the next week) so probably could boost that up to somewhere around 80-85g while not taking protein powder.
If I take whey protein at 60g daily on gym days I'll be somewhere around 140-150.
And then, I'll have to eat more I guess.

just go you lazy fuck. it won't be as fun as eating chips and beating your meat all day, but that's where discipline comes in.

basically just grow some balls and go

Sounds like a plan. We're all gonna make it.

Listen up what excercises should i do right now anons?

No, OP is not.

FUCK YOU IM GOING TO DO IT RETARD. EXPECT ME HERE IN ONE MONTH WITH THE PROGRESS

No you won't you worthless sack of shit screencap this you maggot

Ok fag
15.02 is my birthday
that day i will post results

Thanks bro. Keep up and we're all gonna make it.
You better get your shit together and stick tons plan. Not a diet, a plan. Because eating healthier is no diet, it's from now on, a lifestyle.

There are probably about a hundred different answers for this question if not more. But, it all boils down to your making a decision. Not a single one that miraculously changes your life. Several thousand over the course of days, months, and years.

Your past choices and lack there of lead to your current self. So it's a no brainier that in order to change you must change your choices. That is easier said than done by most. However, it all starts with a desire to change. Whether you succeed or live miserably again hinges on your decisions. Making the right ones and not the wrong ones seems like another no brainier. Again though, people fail to realize there is a third choice. Choosing to not make a decision, or defaulting to your habitual norm. Being an objective viewer in your life wondering where it all went wrong and why you simply can't change it.

It's like many have stated on here, focus on what you can change and change it. The best advice I can give is to say that you need a sense of urgency. Don't look at dieting, exercising, and any other long term goal as something that will take forever. The moment you decide to start is the moment your begin to change. The more you consistently decide to change the more closer you'll get to approaching your goals. Don't allow time to get in the way of your decisions as that's how vice, laziness, and habit get in the way.

Strike out what you need to do, and do it. Don't wait, be impatient. That's not to say rush things and get yourself hurt. But, don't wait for yourself to change things. Make it happen. Every. Single. Day. The moment you wake up, be doing something to change your life. Whether it be waking up earlier, eating a better breakfast, going for a run, meditating, whatever.

You only ever lose time user never gaining it. Stop being content with yourself and your life if it's not what you want. It won't be easy, but the alternative isn't any better. Best of luck.

What I do is wake up and watch a video or read a bit of a book on mindset. There's a million out there and if you make it a habit to do that right when you wake up it will help you

I am making this my wallpaper.

You need to stop making excuses. You'll have more time as a student than you will once you graduate.

It's not about motivation. It's about discipline. It can be really depressing seeing your body in the mirror each day, but once you lose a significant amount of weight and put on muscle, going to the gym and cooking right won't feel like a chore anymore.

For the first few months I forced myself to eat at a huge deficit and do icf5x5 every other day, but afterwards I really looked forward to going.

Imagine unironically trying to gatekeep as comp sci

Saved for motivation.

Attached: 1501276732970.jpg (781x767, 36K)

>What do Jow Forums?

Motivation can't be taught.

You are just comfortable with the fat ass you are. There's nothing special or good in this. You won't find nothing here.

Next.