What percentage of Americans will be overweight or obese in 2030?

What percentage of Americans will be overweight or obese in 2030?

This prediction says 70% - is that right? metaculus.com/questions/1482/what-percentage-of-americans-will-be-considered-obese-or-overweight-in-2030/

Attached: vince what.gif (200x150, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23404798
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/oby.20018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, 100% of the americucks are already overweight and will stay forever

According to wikipedia 39.8% of adults were obese and an additional 31.8% were overweight in 2015, which adds up to 71.6%. The rates are still increasing so my guess for 2030 is around 80-85%

Attached: 1529811990997.png (600x600, 50K)

like 99%

Sauce on that graph?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23404798
Online library version. Graph is approximately halfway down the page:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/oby.20018

Thank you based user.

I was going to guess 80% as well. Even higher for every nonwhite aside from Asian. Sometime's it's depressing going out and seeing what "average" is.

You're welcome friendo

Attached: giphy.gif (385x257, 983K)

Think the mainland will ever match American Samoa with it's 95% combined obesity and overweight rate?

People are living longer and longer. To the fat boomers who refuse to die, this is a good thing.

To everyone else, this is repugnant.

To answer your question, yes, 70% sounds right.

i hope its around 90% for my age group, as they fail i suceed

Attached: 1545712885458.jpg (700x719, 99K)

>there are now more gigawhales than just normal fat fucks
it's over

Soon they'll have to start reporting overweight, obesity, and severe obesity

Attached: 1514420419084.jpg (2560x1440, 292K)

>as they fail i suceed
Idiot. Who do you think pays for them? It'll be you dumbass.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

What level is there even AFTER MORBID, literally meaning DEATH, obesity?

Jesus H. Christ, 80% of the population?! Of which there will be those 600lb Life fat cunt BEING KEPT ALIVE and COSTING US ALL MONEY.

That's fucking it!

Fat Shaming should be mandatory in schools, otherwise what the hell is going to happen in the future?

I mean fuck, they can't even just roll over and die!

Attached: me.gif (500x730, 618K)

An obsurd amount,
>forgetting the crusaders who worship the gym day and night in the land of the free.

i always think fat threads are started by self loathing fat dudes

Attached: 1410742075119s.jpg (100x125, 3K)

I mean the whole point of /fat/ threads is that it's full of fat people that don't want to be fat anymore so... yeah?

or are you confusing that with /fph/? because either way you're right because everyone on this samoan wood burning forum is a self-hating fat dude.

>obsurd
Definition: A portmanteau of Obese and Absurd.
Circa. 2019.

>let's import of a bunch of 88 iq mexicans!

Attached: liberal insanity.jpg (739x1824, 204K)

Why are fatties still living deep into their late 70s and 80s, are genetics really everything?

they literally aren't. look at the stats.

This whole idea of being “overweight” is retarded. Dwayne the rock johnson is considered obese. If you are 6’2” 210lb and 12% bodyfat you are overweight. Bmi is bullshit

I think, if we continue with the bullshit the government is spouting, we'll stabilise at 80%. I'm sure at least 20% of the population is smart enough to avoid being fat.
nice b8 m8. no (you) for u

Im not mad about it mexicans usually keep to themselves and have strong family values and work ethic. The next gen of most immigrant families are usually very productive

I hope it does

Just so i can feel like a god for having a moderately fit body

Imagine all the mires when so many people dont even compare with you

it's not when evaluating populations. sure i'd love america to be the land of viking-like bods but it isn't happening

>BMI is bullshit meme

Medical professionals know this you fucking mong. It's an epidimiological measurement -- not an individual measurement -- that can be made with almost perfect accuracy with minimal equipment (just a balancing scale and a measuring tape).

BMI is an excellent tool for POPULATIONS. Even today, at the height of gym culture, 95% of men that are obese according to body fat % (ground truth) are also obese according to BMI. 99% of women that are obese according to bf% are obese according to BMI.

Body fat measurement is either quick/cheap and inaccurate (calipers, bioelectrical impedence) or expensive and accurate (dexa, underwater weighing), and requires considerable more equipment/training.

t. fat white trash