I'm considering to start lifting as part of self-improvement

I'm considering to start lifting as part of self-improvement.

Have any of you noticed any actual changes in female attention along on your way to getting fit? Do women ACTUALLY notice you more when you have muscles?

Attached: 1547332868177.jpg (525x719, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0avuIqeergQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-paternity_event
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes idiot

Having muscle is important, but what's equally as important is lowering your body fat percentage.

Pathetic

How did you notice it?

Attached: 1547332755683.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>equally as important is lowering your body fat percentage.
I'd say it's more important based upon my observations of what is deemed attractive by the general population. Definition>size.

fuck off, check the archive for mire threads you faggot

no womyn hate muscles and prefer men who look like they don't care take care of themselves because they all have a maternal instinct to take care of boys.

I was an ew fatty now I'm a fuck me daddy

I went to get an ice cream with my wife earlier and there was this ripped dude, bald, ugly with glasses but large and very muscular, tank top and all, clearly a dedicated broseph. She instantly told me to check him out and i could see the anger in her eyes. But... she couldn't get her eyes off of him. Fucking bitch, i spitted in her ice cream.

This, lose the fat, worry about the muscles later. Women don't like fat, and when you lose the fat you'll look great anyway.

Try keto with fasting. It's working for me, i've dropped 4kg in about 2 weeks (including initial waterweight ~2kg). If I drop another 2kg i'll start to look quite nice, another 5kg and I'll be looking like azziz or whatever that ugly arab's name is (except good looking, not dead, and not so big muscles).

>has cut "successfully" for 2 weeks
>thinks 2-5 more mere kg if cutting will complete his look
>is already giving diet advice

Jow Forums in a nutshell

Also

>thinks Zyzz was big

Fucking lol

Losing another 5kg will certainly improve me to a point where I will feel substantially more confident and that's really all that matters.

I was born tall with broad shoulders so I was at least lucky at that, and my face is symmetrical.

>Have any of you noticed any actual changes in female attention along on your way to getting fit?

Unless you're really fat then it'll make hardly any difference.

If you want more success with women work on your "game." You'll see a far more significant improvement that picking things up and putting them down again.

Lift for yourself, not to get girls.

They start getting shy around you

>I spitted in her ice cream
>She's my wife, so I probably kiss her and share saliva with her all the time anyway.
I laughed.

I go through cycles of being fit and not being fit and I can tell you that the only time I get obvious female attention is during my fit cycles.

newfags like you shouldn’t be giving advice. lurk more

How is that distinguishable from them being repelled by you though?

if you have to ask then you’re obviously ugly and fat

>Lift for yourself, not to get girls.
Can someone explain this stupid ass meme to me? I'm just getting into the natty bodybuilder lifestyle, and no fucking way in hell would it be worth it to force feed myself all day and spend hours and hours at the gym each week "for myself." Who the fuck would do that? How is that even something that would be considered positive to do "for yourself?"

How do you not?

I notice more side mires and the occasional frontal mire. But I'm usually not looking at people when I'm walking around so I don't see all the potential mires.

Yes. They have become very forward. The slightest hint of problems with GF and I get texts from girls like this (today).

Attached: 6B5E8F89-5865-4E5C-81E2-62C14DA81254.jpg (1125x758, 105K)

>low-test based boi

Attached: 6913305A-DBB0-42A6-AC3C-F1401F5D22FE.jpg (370x500, 48K)

>Have any of you noticed any actual changes in female attention along on your way to getting fit? Do women ACTUALLY notice you more when you have muscles?

Are you fucking retard of course they do!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=0avuIqeergQ

>lose 5kg
>look better than zyzz

you even more delusional than onions boys.

Maybe it is because we have a fundamentally different view of life. What is the point of anything if not to reproduce?

If you wanna be some girly boy that chases tail his entire life quit lifting. Just do calisthenics 3 times a week and don't eat so much. Bam you will have a body that every girl likes

Lifting is about bettering yourself through suffering. Its about realizing your potential through rigorous discipline. Or at least it should be but faggots like you keep ruining every gym

Attached: queen victoria.png (378x588, 536K)

>If you wanna be some girly boy that chases tail his entire life
Not sure if I do or not. I want to have 10-15 children with my future wife; does that count as chasing tail?

>Just do calisthenics 3 times a week and don't eat so much. Bam you will have a body that every girl likes
If I did that I would probably look anorexic.

>Lifting is about bettering yourself through suffering.
What is the purpose of bettering oneself if not to achieve some goal (such as reproduction, which requires attracting a woman)?

Shit advice. Dont listen to this outdated myth and read the sticky.

Attached: 1546806976317.jpg (2688x2692, 940K)

the physical health benefits.
combats depression
improves confidence
increases feelings of self worth
builds work ethic that can be applied to other areas of life
literal naturally generated highs
being more physically capable, and more mentally content.
the sense of achievement from accomplishing your goals.
respect/admiration from your peers

Why would anyone want any of those things.

>thinks its a stupid ass meme
>doesn't consider self improvement for yourself as the main goal over approval of others

the amount of low test running through your faggot ass right now must be insufferable

Attached: buzzfeed testosterone.png (654x867, 1005K)

damn that dudes bod is goals asf

If they’re repelled, they won’t try to be around you and won’t even look at you much.

If they think you’re hot, they’ll be around, waiting for you to do something, checking you out, because women rarely make the first moves.

If you talk to them and they try to get out of the convo they don’t like you.

>the physical health benefits.
Does eating so much that I feel physical pain really have health benefits?

>builds work ethic that can be applied to other areas of life
Why not just take the many hours that I would have spent researching bodybuilding and working out, and just direct that time to these "other areas of life" instead?

>respect/admiration from your peers
So it's still about impressing other people, it's just that it can't be about impressing people specifically in order to increase my sexual marketplace value, or I somehow lose Jow Forums moral high ground?

Ask me how I know you're not gunna make it.

If your whole purpose in life as simply to reproduce then why dont you just go down to the local walmart and start rawdogging any hambeast and landwhale that'll have you. Congratulations, you have just fulfilled your life's purpose.

not personally, but apparently most guys have more success with girls after getting in shape.

Me

19 and 30

5’10
340-240

I’ve been up and down. Female attention definitely increases as you look slimmer. But being funny and assertive is always a plus.

Attached: DBFD3A85-BF55-40F5-A28B-8AE5980B373E.jpg (2048x2048, 957K)

>If your whole purpose in life as simply to reproduce then why dont you just go down to the local walmart and start rawdogging any hambeast and landwhale that'll have you. Congratulations, you have just fulfilled your life's purpose.
I believe that reproducing with a woman who has good genetics would have many benefits. Firstly, I think that spreading good genes makes the world a better place, and so I would want my descendants to carry these genes since they will be reproducing quite a lot. Also, if my descendants have good genetics then they will have an easier time reproducing and surviving.There are other reasons, but that's a quick intro.

Also, being overweight lowers a woman's fertility, and I need a woman who is very fertile. Also, if she is overweight, it will make our lives much more difficult (harder to chase the kids down, more medical bills, etc.).

You better be extremely wealthy if you want to raise 10 children. If you aren't they will grow up to act like nigs

>What is the purpose of bettering oneself if not to achieve some goal (such as reproduction, which requires attracting a woman)?
So there are only about two competing ideologies that rule the world. Hedonistic nihilism and many interpretations of Neitzsche's ubermensche, the most common being transcendence/futurism/syncing with technology. You can either work towards the goal of becoming something more than human or you can sink back into the dirt and realize your animal nature. I believe lifting is a necessary but not sufficient part of transcendence. It is only the first step.

Also while evolution through the process of natural selection is a powerful tool for analyzing and understanding human phenomenon it is still only a tool. If you only look at the world through its prism everything ultimately boils down to sex and reproduction. I find it is still lacking in explaining many human phenomena that have deep significance. Yes you can give an evolutionary psychology explanation for a symphony by Bach because his being had an antecedent cause in sex but it misses quite a bit of the actual conscious experience.

Good luck user each side has its merits

Plus, it leaves a poor example to our progeny. I want my progeny to be fit, happy, and healthy, and if one of their ancestral matriarchs was obese, that's not a very good example, is it?

Don't lift for women because they all age like milk and have mentalities of children.
Loft for strength to endure this fuck fest of a world we've inherited.
>yes though you get more attention from women retard

There's nothing wrong with lifting for attention but at that point you can't call it self improvement, because that's not your goal.

Women will notice you more but not to the extent that you are some god walking among earth. Women dig confidence and that is something that comes along with the gains. Get into lifting for your own reasons not just the chicks and you can't go wrong. Good luck

What is the point in creating children. Are you only driven by base instincts? Within a few generations your ancestors will only have 1/10000 of your dna. Was this your purpose in life?

>You better be extremely wealthy if you want to raise 10 children
I hope to make good money, but my great-grandparents raised 12 children, and they were humble farmers.

>Also while evolution through the process of natural selection is a powerful tool for analyzing and understanding human phenomenon it is still only a tool. If you only look at the world through its prism everything ultimately boils down to sex and reproduction. I find it is still lacking in explaining many human phenomena that have deep significance. Yes you can give an evolutionary psychology explanation for a symphony by Bach because his being had an antecedent cause in sex but it misses quite a bit of the actual conscious experience.
I think that we can acknowledge our basic nature as biological animals, and also have the nuance to appreciate our more complex psychological functions. But you have to start with the biological base.

>Good luck user
Thanks, I'm sure I'll need it.

>What is the point in creating children.
Lurk on Jow Forums, maybe they can help you understand. I don't have time to go into it all right now, but basically I have a desire to continue the biological tradition of my ancestors. Also, I have studied demographics and social change, and I'm not sure I want to share what I have learned because it is too powerful of a tool to share with just anyone, but my studies are another reason why I must reproduce.

>Within a few generations your ancestors will only have 1/10000 of your dna
Not really, after enough generations my descendants will be so numerous that they will all be sharing my dna with each other.

Also from an evolutionary perspective selecting for genetic fitness is low on the totem pole for men. Nature and sexual selection will be the driving force in deciding fit genes. Males should first prioritize maximizing reproductive opportunities with as many females as possible. Your instinctual selection for fitness indicators may be used to prioritize potential mating partners.

>Males should first prioritize maximizing reproductive opportunities with as many females as possible.
I'm too k-selective for that strategy.

oh you are an idiot who thinks he is smart.
>Not really, after enough generations my descendants will be so numerous that they will all be sharing my dna with each other.
All your ancestors will have to breed with somebody. All your direct ancestors will only have 50 percent of your dna. That is 50 percent new dna every time. Do you understand statistics.

>Lurk on Jow Forums, maybe they can help you understand. I don't have time to go into it all right now, but basically I have a desire to continue the biological tradition of my ancestors.
I am well aware of pol philisophy, apparently more aware than you. That is still a hedonistic vice ridden belief towards glory. What are you building for your ancestors?

No real man would ever come be with such a mindset. Recalculate your motives, chap.

>No real man would ever come be with such a mindset.
What makes someone a real man to you? Spending his time so that he feels like he looks like the men on magazine covers when he googles at himself in the mirror?

>Does eating so much that I feel physical pain really have health benefits?
What kind of mental brainlet gymnastics are you trying to pull here ? 1 small side effect that has no adverse health effects does not negate the positive ones. Just because you just started eating more and aren't accustomed to it yet and experience mild discomfort doesn't nullify the positive effects that exercise gives.

>Why not just take the many hours that I would have spent researching bodybuilding and working out, and just direct that time to these "other areas of life" instead?

You can ? Somehow you completely missed the point here.
The person who spends 4 years getting a good degree in order to get a well paying job achieved just as much as the bodybuilder who spent 4 years building his physique. They just had different priorities. Ideally you would do both, or w/e your passion or priority was. It's about self improvement in all aspects of life. Lifting provides a linear blueprint that shows how consistent effort and discipline is later rewarded that can be applied anywhere.

>So it's still about impressing other people, it's just that it can't be about impressing people specifically in order to increase my sexual marketplace value, or I somehow lose Jow Forums moral high ground?

Lifting EXCLUSIVELY for girls is the equivalent of doing a fad crash diet. It helps, and you might even temporarily make it, but you wont maintain it. It's not about moral high ground, it's about encouraging long term success.

*goggles

>What are you building for your ancestors?
I'm not building anything for my ancestors, I'm building something for my progeny.

>Lifting EXCLUSIVELY for girls is the equivalent of doing a fad crash diet. It helps, and you might even temporarily make it, but you wont maintain it.
Not really. I'm going to be married to my wife for a long time, and I need to keep her attracted to me, and my sons will forever remember my example when trying to attract mates themselves, so I don't see how it is in any way like a fad crash diet.

>it's about encouraging long term success.
So if I lied to myself about my motives, it would be a recipe for long term success?

thats one way to avoid all my points. I meant descendants. You haven't said what you are building. Are you just continuing the cycle of life for pleasure's sake? Because you can't picture any other worthwhile possibilities for your life?

Ohh the fresh smell of autism in the morning.

If you lift for yourself there is a higher chance you won't give up. If you lift for someone else, you will probably give up based on someone else's opinion. or something

>probably kiss her
>probably

I laughed as well

>thats one way to avoid all my points.
I didn't respond to your first point because it seemed like you didn't understand the point that I had made, so I decided to drop it.

>You haven't said what you are building.
That's true. I don't tell my enemies my plans.

>Are you just continuing the cycle of life for pleasure's sake?
Not sure exactly what you mean.

>Because you can't picture any other worthwhile possibilities for your life?
I choose to pursue what I view as the highest possible goal that I could strive for, even if it is the most difficult.

> Males should first prioritize maximizing reproductive opportunities with as many females as possible.
Regardless how big of a man you are your time on this earth isn't infinite. A worthy male won't waste time on subpar stock.

That's a male siluette user, it's okay tb gay

>never gonna make it

I disagree; what if I just lose interest in working out? Seems like I'm more likely to continue if other people's opinion of me is on the line.

Of course he would. It's a numbers game and you need that DNA carrying on in as many bodies as you can manage

Ah i see, you don't understand how your dna is dispersed into the greater population each new generation. All this talk about progeny and building something is pointless. Your unique genetic code, the thing that makes you you will be lost in the countless human dna sequences that succeed you. You want to create a family because you are instinctual driven towards that goal. It gives you pleasure. You have to rise above your base animal instincts

>That's true. I don't tell my enemies my plans.
Sounds like you haven't thought things through very deeply and you couldn't think of some bullshit on the fly.

>I choose to pursue what I view as the highest possible goal that I could strive for, even if it is the most difficult.
Fucking a woman and helping her raise the children she shits out is not the most difficult thing you can do. Thats on the same level as women who appear on daytime tv and say "being a mom is the toughest job in the world!" to thunderous applause. You are not fooling anyone.

Not that I've noticed. I went from stick to toned and saw no difference. But I just don't notice women dropping hints in front of me. The difference didn't really show because I wear fairly loose clothing. One woman was really surprised when I took my t shirt off at the beach and blurted out 'I wasn't expecting you to be quite so....muscular.' other than that, nothing.

Do you honestly believe that you'll have more children if the state is jailing you for not paying child support then if you had just stuck with one woman and pushed her fertility to it's limits? Plus, how will you possibly influence your children as to how many kids they will have if you aren't even raising them?

That is your genome's goal. It would maximize reproductive success. That is not necessarily your goal. You can have goals different than your genome. Human's are unique in the animal kingdom

>Fucking a woman and helping her raise the children she shits out is not the most difficult thing you can do.
That's true; the difficult part is the thing that I haven't expounded on here. Anyway, good night everyone.

Female's have sexual strategies to maximize resource acquisition. Don't quote me on this but something like 10 percent of children are illegitimate. Cucking is a real sexual strategy. You can also donate to a sperm bank or lots of them.

>Don't quote me on this but something like 10 percent of children are illegitimate.
I said I was going to bed, but this is my pet peeve.

"Turi King and Mark Jobling of the Department of Genetics at University of Leicester called the commonly cited 30% rate of non-paternity an "urban myth".[6] According to King and Jobling, the figure is around 2%. "

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-paternity_event

TURBO INCEL ALERT

Attached: 1504534440252.jpg (500x500, 34K)

>Lifting is about bettering yourself through suffering. Its about realizing your potential through rigorous discipline.

post body/lifts. i guarantee that you're a clueless, shit looking faggot with awful lifts.

Attached: 1504495203841.png (1600x1435, 1.43M)

>Overall, the incidence of misattributed paternity ranges from about 2% to 12%, though it may be higher in certain populations.

Sure. I recently pulled a 520 deadlift at 190 pounds. I'm 6 foot

Attached: back.png (750x1334, 1M)

Nicely done user

the first time a woman describes you as fucking sexy is a very good feeling.

Lol at the fatty who came around like "guise can i play too" and lmao got
>btfo
Nobody, literally no one present noticed. Except people watching

Yeah, but in my opinion a big part of it is getting more comfortable and confident with yourself.

Bullshit.
Girls who knew you before transforming will LOVE you. They will look at you different because they're fuckin blown away by the changes.
Girls who didn't know you will LOVE you, because you act differently than other attractive men, why? Because you are new to this. You treat everyone like they are people, because you haven't always been hot and as a result ended up with an inflated ego.

Either way, your best bet is to go on a recomposition. This is THE ONLY way you will end up looking like Zyzz. Its The only way.

>t. Ottermode fitizen who was fat as fatass

Notice how they shut up after you post a pic
>btfo

Its weird I actually had a long decently respectful conversation with the guy I was responding too. At the end of it this other user comes out of nowhere and demands I post body. I was enjoying the deeper conversation about training philosophies

>do females actually do this thing that has been hardwired into their brain for the past 10 million years
Provided they aren't fucking up their hormone balance with birth control yes, no exceptions.

damn, not looking good my man

why?

>dat lower back curve
You’re gonna have some hips and lower back problems in life

I'm 6'3 so always received a decent amount of attention but the girls I used date and take back are now the girls who hit me up.

Every time i post a picture on social media I usually get 2 or 3 DMs talking about it from girls. I don't have mad muscles, i'm just decently proportioned and I lost 100lbs

Is there anyway to fix it? I already do tons of heavy rows and pulls so my lower back is pretty strong

low bodyfat > muscles

>tfw powerbloating

Attached: 1546852611069.jpg (768x432, 125K)

>Lifting is about bettering yourself through suffering. Its about realizing your potential through rigorous discipline. Or at least it should be but faggots like you keep ruining every gym
You look and lift great user, on top of being a redpilled saint that understands spiritual truths to life. Anons deflecting you are merely lost degenerates refusing to experience inner liberation, pic related.

Attached: modern-men.jpg (736x465, 64K)

damn, not looking good my man

Having been both relatively Jow Forums and recently skeletal, I can tell you its night and day user

I know my bodytype is considered "skelly mode" on this board, but if your really just about female attention, i can say it works for girls 17-21, all i do is eat lots of protein and work out every 3rd day for 20 mins. Had 7 girls so far, im 20. I know i could do better but i feel fine, i dont waste alot of time working out, and still feel very fit

Attached: IMG_20190113_120016.jpg (1439x977, 271K)

Meanwhile I'm still a skinny fag in 2019, pray for me lads I need to make some gains for Zyzz

Attached: 20190106_201105.jpg (3264x1592, 1.26M)

thanks very interesting quote. I have not read much of Julius May I'll look more into him when i wake up tomorrow.

>cheating roider

no thanks